Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Mox vs Wheeler 6 5.04%
Kings of the Black Throne vs Death Duo 17 14.29%
Ruby vs Nyla 0 0%
Punk vs MJF 81 68.07%
WARDLOW?!?! 15 12.61%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

So what's Andrade's win-rate with buying friends again? successfully bought FTR from MJF
excuse me he only rented FTR for like two nights.

also mjf should feud with danhausen after him and punk cool down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vandar posted:

She does a musical stage show with elements of wrestling called Makai. I've seen some of it and it's pretty loving rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZpZ94ZAAsc

Shida has a part that comes in about 29 minutes into this episode if you want to see more of her in action here.

this owns lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

They gotta do something more entertaining with Andrade, he’s a top 5 talent in the whole company. Poach Dragon Lee and Rush, let him be Ingobernable. That guy should have at least one big 15+ minute match a month.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shida rules

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Davros1 posted:

Keith Lee just got married, and is presumably on his honeymoon,

gently caress

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

NienNunb posted:

They gotta do something more entertaining with Andrade, he’s a top 5 talent in the whole company. Poach Dragon Lee and Rush, let him be Ingobernable.

hmm. no.

quote:

That guy should have at least one big 15+ minute match a month.

hmm. yes.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Andrade is in the same “locking in his character’s footing & awaiting a prominent storyline position” place that Miro was at at the beginning of the Redeemer arc. People like what he’s doing, he’s interacting with top guys, he’s adjacent to the TNT title. I wanna see him wrestle more too but given how much he’s on TV, I assume they’re either keeping him on Special Attraction status or they’re waiting to ramp him up to align with a big push

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Andrade reminds me of 2005 Alberto Del Rio and that's a great thing

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Andrade is my favorite wrestler in the world and notable forums poster NienNunb is, once again, right.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Three words:

THE

YE

TAY.

THE

WALL

BROTHER

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I hope Miro is healed soon. Gimme Miro vs Mox and Miro vs Hangman

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Andrade is my favorite wrestler in the world and notable forums poster NienNunb is, once again, right.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

hmm. no.

hmm. yes.

No both ideas are good, that’s why I wrote them down

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Excuse you, according to his very specially written WCW theme song, he's a Man called Sting :colbert:

Also Barry Windham is known to do this. And also to do that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NienNunb posted:

They gotta do something more entertaining with Andrade, he’s a top 5 talent in the whole company. Poach Dragon Lee and Rush, let him be Ingobernable. That guy should have at least one big 15+ minute match a month.

100% if I had to write in some kind of ridiculous out of nowhere win for a belt, Andrade is my guy. He has the attitude, the drip, the unbelievable talent (how does a guy this large, and in dress slacks, do these loving flips) to make any title special

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

NienNunb posted:

No both ideas are good, that’s why I wrote them down

ok, true.

but current Andrade is probably my favorite thing in AEW right now so I would be disappointed if they moved away from it right away.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
tomorrow's dark card
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1490795251329482754
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1490794244864286721
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1490792735036510209

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Serpentico vs. Fuego? Do we get another double DQ or double countout?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Powerhouse Hobbs should form a tag team with Wallace Shawn who also follows the FTW lifestyle

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kvantum posted:

Serpentico vs. Fuego? Do we get another double DQ or double countout?

you could make a similar joke about solo v yuta

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DLC Inc posted:

100% if I had to write in some kind of ridiculous out of nowhere win for a belt, Andrade is my guy. He has the attitude, the drip, the unbelievable talent (how does a guy this large, and in dress slacks, do these loving flips) to make any title special

I'd be thrilled if Andrade won the belt out of nowhere and ended this failed Hangman experiment. He's a great pick for a shock title change.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWF6peI5qQ

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Mr. Squishy posted:

you could make a similar joke about solo v yuta

Yuta is absolutely higher in the card than Solo.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dante Martin shoots a nasty look at Nick Comoroto on this week’s Elevation and folks - I think we have a main event for Revolution now.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Dante Martin shoots a nasty look at Nick Comoroto on this week’s Elevation and folks - I think we have a main event for Revolution now.

That’s right. It’s Hangman Adam Page vs “Da Lil Fella” Adam Cole

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Queen Aminata should go over Mercedes lol

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Elevation was really strong this week, Mark and Paul are really vibing in there. But if you don't wanna watch the whole show, here's the best loving bit:
https://twitter.com/KingSerpentico/status/1490875164313395201

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want this bastard back Tony

https://twitter.com/EIiteAEW/status/1490837777977688066?t=CUImGKdygJmchcNEzGN7fw&s=19

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Julia's subtle character changes have been really neat to watch and pick up on

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

mooseinfants posted:

Julia's subtle character changes have been really neat to watch and pick up on

Her face after the Elevation match had me rolling.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this was the first show after he lost a career vs title match to Punk (the champion) right?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

God those reaction shots are still some of the best.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

i wish someone had the clip of the first time he did this at the ROH Pure Tournament as Christopher Daniels.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

lmfao I never saw this and it completely rules

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

IcePhoenix posted:

this was the first show after he lost a career vs title match to Punk (the champion) right?

Yes, a loser leaves town cage match. I believe that the dirtsheets had been saying for a while leading up to that point that this wasn't just a storyline, Jeff really was on his way out of the company and he wasn't even going to do a farewell angle after losing to Punk. So everybody was getting worked, however briefly, when the music first hit.

(A friend was watching some WWE PPV a while back and said "Jeff Hardy came out doing the worst dancing I've ever seen." I just sent him this clip of Punk and said "Yeah, that's not new.")

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

team Hikaru Shida and Kidd Bandit

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
ooh I sense an opportunity to post the Punk promo that made me a fan. It’s Punk feuding with Raven and he’s in England.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuP8tqxeslY

Also Adam Cole showed up at an indy show for a company he got his start with. Did the entrance and the whole thing plus a little speech to say thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oY6z-22OX8

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Sandman McMahon posted:

Why doesn't Danhausen know anyones names? I think there might be something wrong with that guy.

Or maybe Danhausen knows everyone's REAL names?

Or maybe he's just trying to make JR feel better about not knowing anyone's name either.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Can't wait for the finale of Dynamite to be Mox and Danielson teaming up to fight Shingo Takagi. Renee Paquette sits alone in a sumptuous dining room, waiting nervously. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

m y d u d e s ,