Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

esto es malo posted:

hey i heard this game might be fun i sure would like to play with some fun havers

only sweaty fun haters itt

:cheeky:

edit: gently caress what a snype lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
It’s the perfect snipe imho

Kyro
Aug 1, 2021

I sang Bye Bye Bye
and all I got was this
STUPID AVATAR

The discord link is dead for me :(

Edit: Wait… for some reason it works on PC but not mobile for me? Weird. Anyways, the Eve Echos goons are interested in this game. We’ll probably bring a group over to the discord soon.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

gonna start with wardancer and then boost up a paladin and a zerker and play whatever one i like best!

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Woops no catchup gearing rates T1/2.

https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/launch-release-notes

"Note, a section regarding gear and tiers was removed, as it did not reflect changes to the western release."

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
^^^^
beaten

Apparently amazon already managed to gently caress up and start a controversy :confuoot:

https://forums.playlostark.com/t/nobody-wants-t1t2-rush/44607/125

edit: the game director just dissed amazon on stream for screwing up :bravo:

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 8, 2022

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Could someone explain this controversy like im 5 please.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Crisis averted

Wait so does this mean once we have one 50 we essentially have 3? This may influence who I do story with since I know what I can do fast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

SweetJahasus posted:

Wait so does this mean once we have one 50 we essentially have 3? This may influence who I do story with since I know what I can do fast.

That's my understanding.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Taima posted:

It’ll take most people a few weeks or months of completing dailies and other content to progress their gear from tier 1 to tier 3 instead of a week.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pigbottom posted:

edit: the game director just dissed amazon on stream for screwing up :bravo:

Dunno how many people here paid attention to New World but get used to this. AGS are absolute masters at miscommunication and confusion.

I write things like release notes and customer-facing communications for a living so it's extra funny to me to imagine what the gently caress must be going on to lead to the sheer frequency of miscommunication that goes on with AGS. My only guess is that they frequently change things after sending info to whoever's writing the release notes and then don't follow up, and then there's no review process in place to catch these things before they're published.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

my experience with unpacking is that if your internet is great and the game is like, a reasonable size (like I'm sure Lost Ark is) its faster to download it

If your internet is kinda garbo, its best to preload and unpack

looking forward to gaming with ya again eonwe!!

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
ICR sent me, which means this game is doomed, but I'm gonna give it a shot

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Good Citizen posted:

No... NO!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good Citizen posted:

GOD DAMNIT!!!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Taima posted:

The patch notes showed a very accelerated pace of endgame advancement that would've pushed people to Tier 3 very quickly. Whether that's good or bad is up to individual interpretation.

However, it turns out the patch notes were incorrect and pushed out by AGS without sign off from the actual dev team.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Good Citizen posted:

Oh hell

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe

Good Citizen posted:

:rip: dead game

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Isnt this actually a pretty big deal? My understanding is that tier 1 is considered to be inferior content?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Friends and neighbors,

I want to wish you all are a fruitful launch and one that will live for centuries to come. Most importantly, I hope we all have a blast with this.

I love that this has controller support for some easy gameplay, especially those scared of the current MMO experience or those who have bad pasts with these games.

I love that this reminds me of, just reminds me as I know it’s very different, Marvel Heroes and is allowing many of us reunite in a game together for the first time in a long time.

I love that this game has been out for a few years so it’s given people time to see if this game is actually worth it or could be special or could occupy your time for a few days or weeks.

It’s good to be excited for a game for all of us. Let’s face it. This last year hasn’t been easy.

This sounds like a great way, for those posting still, those maybe lurking who are jaded on games lately…

…come hang with the group, escape into a probably fun game and know that it’s completely FREE TO PLAY!

Easy way in. Easy way out. See you in game, on the ol discords and here every now and then.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Thanks for ruining the game in advance ICR

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

love you icr

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Oh god drat it……

Well speaking of controller support if anyone wanted to watch a video on it,

https://youtu.be/PxoKX2bvCnw

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

drat and I thought I was safe after dodging Outriders.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Can someone tell me in globally understandable terms who the gently caress that is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

queeb posted:

love you icr

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dynamite Dog posted:

Can someone tell me in globally understandable terms who the gently caress that is

Its just a friendly gamer goon inside joke. ICR has a history of backing games that fail really hard.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

Dynamite Dog posted:

ICR is a goon pied piper except he leads people to games that die terrible ignominious deaths.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dynamite Dog posted:

ICR is a lovely individual who has a habit of getting people excited in games that will die.

I like ICR.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So uhh what's the actual point of paying for this game? Is there some kind of P2W elements or is it just like PoE that money buys you some skins?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ihmemies posted:

So uhh what's the actual point of paying for this game? Is there some kind of P2W elements or is it just like PoE that money buys you some skins?

The cash shop is just for cosmetics.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ihmemies posted:

You can spend real money to obtain royal crystals which you can sell for in game gold and use that gold to buy upgrade materials so a whale could get an advantage that way. It's not directly purchasing power and you aren't adding or removing gold from the economy, but it is there.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

doomisland posted:

i was grabbing it at 100MB/s so maybe I should delete and just DL it then. Took me maybe 11 minutes to download?

fwiw i started the download around 9 this morning and was maxing out at like 400k until this afternoon (shot up to like 15-20mb). i assume their servers were getting hammered in the morning and it sped up as other folks’ downloads finished?

if you grabbed it this morning and were getting those speeds then you’re prob fine, but just a heads up in case it’s slow as poo poo tomorrow morning too.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so is this game good or nah

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Watched some quick looks of classes and now I can't decide between Warrior (Big Weapons), Gunner (More Dakka), and Assassin, specifically Shadowhunter (gets a Stand)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
icr is a bad person who only enjoys good games that are successful and he always sticks with games long term

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

oh word

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

I laughed at the herald of ICR announced him, and more so when ICR made his arrival.

Raged, btw, the lag in Australia wasn't too bad when I played the beta. It was even playable through VPN on the Russian server. I'm probably going to be joining a West Coast server through SFD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn My Dread
Feb 23, 2007

Tear up your fear, the end is coming near, spit it out like a spear, I'll burn your dread
For those not following the Discord too closely, US East goon guilds are officially going up on Una now, so be prepared for that.