Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Hey Guys, don't want to wiki it but I've been climbing for about 30 minutes with a teleport wand above the cloudy area where I found the "coral chest" - is there actually anything else up here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I gave up, fell into a puddle of chaotic polymorphine and died

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
There's nothing above that particular stretch of sky.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Well gently caress

https://i.imgur.com/r93zmgS.mp4

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ah, the personal fireball thrower. what fun!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Goodpancakes posted:

Well gently caress

it'll stop

eventually

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

When the statue literally runs out of health

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

got 10 orbs, easily killed the boss, got polymorphed into a frog in labs on my way up and killed by one of my own rats

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Shibawanko posted:

got 10 orbs, easily killed the boss, got polymorphed into a frog in labs on my way up and killed by one of my own rats

Never ever take rats or other friendlies of any kind if planning for a long run. Sure, they are useful in some ways, but after a certian point the only thing in the game that can actually threaten you is polymorp-related accidents, and not having something that will kill you after hitting chaotic or unstable poly will greatly help your odds of survival.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I also never take ally perks because they turn on you if you touch berserkium. No thanks, I don't need more land mine liquids in noita

TURTLE SLUT
Dec 12, 2005

I just got Alpha in the first chest I found in Mines. Then a Teleport Wand and a gently caress ton of money too. And then of course I got melee'd to death by hiisi ten seconds later. gently caress.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tuna-Fish posted:

Never ever take rats or other friendlies of any kind if planning for a long run. Sure, they are useful in some ways, but after a certian point the only thing in the game that can actually threaten you is polymorp-related accidents, and not having something that will kill you after hitting chaotic or unstable poly will greatly help your odds of survival.

Too bad, Cordyceps is a fun perk that can help out a lot early on until it inevitably kills you.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Every fun, early-game-powerful perk will kill you eventually and it's great game design.

"Oh, you decided to be OP? Good luck with that."

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Homing rocks are OP and hilarious

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
accelerating homing is somehow even more hilarious

and also goes well with trick greed or trick blood money :unsmigghh:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Had a delightful accelerated homing giga saw blade run going over the weekend.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Eschatos posted:

Had a delightful accelerated homing giga saw blade run going over the weekend.

Doesn't that turbofuck you once everything else is dead?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Tuna-Fish posted:

Yes. The solution is to put your murder saws on the end of a trigger with nolla.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Tuna-Fish posted:

Nah it worked great though there were a few close scrapes where it pivoted to rush an enemy behind me. The discs always stopped spinning after a few seconds. Don't remember what killed me that run but it wasn't the saw blades I was spamming.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

when the gods get sick of your powergaming strats

https://i.imgur.com/FLzv1tw.mp4

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Tuna-Fish posted:

i thought it was poetic, like some bad guy in a disney movie getting eaten by his own underlings

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Regarding minion perks, if you take homunculus their health and stats will actually scale depending on how many areas you've visited.
If you take it and then go parallel world hopping you end up with an army of terrifying monstrosities that can basically kill anything.

https://i.imgur.com/0qK39fj.mp4

Problem is, they are now pretty much impossible to kill or get rid of:

https://i.imgur.com/tVGLjjA.mp4

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Diamond should be collectable and should give you money

Normally this just irritates me a little bit, but i just fungus'd lava to diamond and its extra true

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Diamond should be collectable and should give you money

Normally this just irritates me a little bit, but i just fungus'd lava to diamond and its extra true

I assume they aren't worth money because the old goal of alchemy was to turn stuff into gold.

Or because Noita exists in a world where diamonds aren't artificially scarce.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I assume they aren't worth money because the old goal of alchemy was to turn stuff into gold.

Or because Noita exists in a world where diamonds aren't artificially scarce.

money for mere carbon? don't make me laugh!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Diamond is a terrible material. The lightning mages are made of it and those guys are jerks.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
It's also pretty hard to dig through compared to other powder types.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

sadly the game isn't realistic enough to make it flammable

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Tuna-Fish posted:

Giga sawblades are only mostly dangerous without a homing target, they'll just arc back to their origin. It's the omega sawblades that actively hate you and seek your demise, but you can make them harmless by locking their regular movement with something like Horizontal Path.

Totally safe.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Darox posted:

Giga sawblades are only mostly dangerous without a homing target, they'll just arc back to their origin. It's the omega sawblades that actively hate you and seek your demise, but you can make them harmless by locking their regular movement with something like Horizontal Path.

Totally safe.

OSHA NIGHTMARES: witch edition

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Darox posted:

Totally safe.

i love the noita wiki's text about it:

quote:

The disk travels more slowly than the Giga Disk Projectile and therefore the Projectile Repulsion perk is enough to stop the self-homing effect of this spell, as long as the player is stationary. It will suspend at a safe but uncomfortably close distance, but moving toward or away from it can get close enough to damage the player.

"uncomfortably close" :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just tried a practice run and got unlimited spells, a water spell and the perk that makes all liquids electric but gives you electricity immunity. Obviously I was immortal aside from not having water-breathing, so I set out to destroy everything in my path and immediately ran into an enemy that freezes all liquids it comes into contact with, and I drowned inside ice :negative:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Got my first win since they put Super Steve into the game. Concentrated Spells is loving nuts

https://i.imgur.com/ywnV5J5.mp4

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
"Yes square barrier is dangerous to use but if I'm careful it's a great trump card to seriously murder scary poo poo with and makes dealing with those roaches in the fungal caverns a lot easier. Like those ones there, see!"

Swapper dude lunges out of the darkness and into the barrier.

CrowdControl
Aug 2, 2011

Uhh Tommy, I think I'm just gonna sleep at my house tonight...

Shyrka posted:

"Yes square barrier is dangerous to use but if I'm careful it's a great trump card to seriously murder scary poo poo with and makes dealing with those roaches in the fungal caverns a lot easier. Like those ones there, see!"

That's the worst. Also never forget gravity effects affect them too. Lost my save due to the gravity effects biome on my way back to the surface after finishing a run. Thought I was a God, then almost uninstalled.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
FYI, if you want to mess around with the lowest saw blades use the no bounce spell. No bouncing back to you and still get all the benefits.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

But then it wont bounce into enemies. That's no fun.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Eschatos posted:

But then it wont bounce into enemies. That's no fun.

That's what auto tracking is for. :)

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Shyrka posted:

Swappers are one of the highest threat enemies/obstacles in the game for me. Glowing lances are also dangerous to use around them.

Re square barrier, if you get them together it's a really cheap and powerful enabler for spells to power without needing a rapid fire or damage modifiers for the setup wand.

https://i.imgur.com/kgjv9tV.mp4

Although there does seem to be some bug around this combo that slows down the game a lot after a while. Save/reloading clears it but still annoying. Stacking damage mods on a circle of shielding is still the way to go for endgame, but you can luck into a spells to power/barrier setup pretty early into a run sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Did my first Fungal Shift, died before I really got to see what it did (something about Worm Blood?) but that was a cool trippy sequence.