Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
thrillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Carter/Dukakis

We need people with proven experience!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
It's going to be Hillary/Harris

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/jherrerx/status...ingawful.com%2F

cool country

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

staticman posted:

I'm the ancap "in the works" percent bar

:yikes:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

Wrong! According to politifact, actually, Biden had broke 0 promises!

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/?ruling=true

getting covid under control is "in the works" lmfao

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ex post facho posted:

national electoral politics is utterly meaningless. lmfao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

getting covid under control is "in the works" lmfao

lmao

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Trabisnikof posted:

Wrong! According to politifact, actually, Biden had broke 0 promises!

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/?ruling=true

me: I wonder what this will look like at the end of 2024

narrator: it was quietly taken down after the midterms

Promises Made, Promises in the Works

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This will be one of the most insane presidential elections of our lives and the Dems will run the worst candidate possible

Just like in 2020

Just like in 2016

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1490814995235540992

lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

me: I wonder what this will look like at the end of 2024

narrator: it was quietly taken down after the midterms

Promises Made, Promises in the Works

It will just be like the Obama one where it's all "he tried his best so the promise wasn't broken"

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Eggplant Squire posted:

It will just be like the Obama one where it's all "he tried his best so the promise wasn't broken"

Mitch McConnell's Joe Manchin's power level is just too high!!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

man it's weird how despite the Democrats now openly sprinting right like literally everyone said they would for like 5 years, their approval ratings are still imploding? i don't get it

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

ex post facho posted:

the delta between the campaign promises and what's actually getting delivered has to be one of the largest for any administration, those approval numbers might crash to the low 30s before november

But the jobs!

Please ignore any possible correlation between increase in available jobs and number of covid deaths

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Lord of Pie posted:

But the jobs!

Please ignore any possible correlation between increase in available jobs and number of covid deaths

Hitler still gets away with that same thing and has idiots say he improved the economy.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Well in hitler's defense he meant to kill those pe- wait what the gently caress is wrong with me

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Lord of Pie posted:

hahahahhahahahahaha oh fuc

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

ex post facho posted:

the second time in the last 5 years for CA dems to kill a single payer bill. with a supermajority.

its amazing how masochistic americans are

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Absolutely cool that Roberts is the closest thing to a swing vote on the court now, thanks dems

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

CaptainACAB posted:

Hitler still gets away with that same thing and has idiots say he improved the economy.

Hitler made number go UP (By looting the treasuries of foreign countries)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lord of Pie posted:

But the jobs!

3% of the American workforce is currently out sick with covid, or caring for someone sick with covid, and the Dems are ending mask mandates in their states.

I wonder if this is what it felt like watching the ineffectual government in Weimar Germany.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

This will be one of the most insane presidential elections of our lives and the Dems will run the worst candidate possible

Just like in 2020

Just like in 2016

Do not tempt them. There are way worse candidates the Democrats could nominate. Remember when Bloomberg was in the running?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Chamale posted:

3% of the American workforce is currently out sick with covid, or caring for someone sick with covid, and the Dems are ending mask mandates in their states.

I wonder if this is what it felt like watching the ineffectual government in Weimar Germany.

It was wild watching the new Redlettermedia video where they're constantly saying "omicron is burning itself out." The infection rate is only just now coming back down to the same level it was over a year ago - which was the previous peak for covid. There's no reason to believe it's not going to bounce back if everybody just pretends it's over - but that's the environment Democrats want.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
sure RLM has dementia and alcohol poisoning but they have the grace to not legislate this dying empire and getting destroyed in 2022

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jabronie posted:

sure RLM has dementia and alcohol poisoning but they have the grace to not legislate this dying empire and getting destroyed in 2022

I'm just bringing them up as an example of how all the "covid is over" rhetoric filters down from Democrat denialists.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/...ingawful.com%2F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rohc0XNLeTE

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
she's running

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

vyelkin posted:

she's running

I want a Kamala/Clinton ticket in 2024 .

It's their turn!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus. Will there even be a party left by the time Hillary eats poo poo a third time?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Jesus. Will there even be a party left by the time Hillary eats poo poo a third time?

as long as there are donors

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Kamala/Clinton is repellent to absolutely hilarious, catastrophic levels that I can't help but think it will actually happen

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Good soup! posted:

Kamala/Clinton is repellent to absolutely hilarious, catastrophic levels that I can't help but think it will actually happen

it's the only thing that makes sense within the logic of the chaos world in which we live

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

dems under trump: LOOK at all these anti-science MORONS!

dems under biden: open the covid gates

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Chamale posted:

yes. a while ago someone in another thread posted excerpts from a book that looked at how the social democratic party in weimar germany was completely and utterly useless and did more to oppose the communists than any of the right wing parties, including the nsdap. the whole thing read exactly like today's democrats to the point if i didn't know where it was from and you'd changed the names and told me it was about the democrats i would've believed you. it had everything from party elites more interested in their own positions and the party itself than winning elections, and more interested in winning elections than actually doing anything. there was even a quote from someone at the time that went something like "they're not entirely inept at winning elections but they have no idea how to actually wield power". and there was at least one instance of them being utterly shocked at some of the election results because they assumed people would just vote for them by default while they did gently caress all to stop nazi rallies in places where the nazis had a decent support base. meanwhile the communists were doing their best to beat the poo poo out of nazis wherever they could, but getting arrested meant you'd go to jail for a good while, while the cops and judiciary was generally sympathetic to nazis and would let them off easily

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

* raising a wine glass sitting atop a pile of bombs*
Post, and go 'lol'

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yes. a while ago someone in another thread posted excerpts from a book that looked at how the social democratic party in weimar germany was completely and utterly useless and did more to oppose the communists than any of the right wing parties, including the nsdap. the whole thing read exactly like today's democrats to the point if i didn't know where it was from and you'd changed the names and told me it was about the democrats i would've believed you. it had everything from party elites more interested in their own positions and the party itself than winning elections, and more interested in winning elections than actually doing anything. there was even a quote from someone at the time that went something like "they're not entirely inept at winning elections but they have no idea how to actually wield power". and there was at least one instance of them being utterly shocked at some of the election results because they assumed people would just vote for them by default while they did gently caress all to stop nazi rallies in places where the nazis had a decent support base. meanwhile the communists were doing their best to beat the poo poo out of nazis wherever they could, but getting arrested meant you'd go to jail for a good while, while the cops and judiciary was generally sympathetic to nazis and would let them off easily
it's not an entirely fair comparison because as incompetent as the social democratic party was, and as hopeless a reform platform really is, the social democratic party in weimar germany did at least nominally stand for social democratic principles

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

ex post facho posted:

dems under trump: LOOK at all these anti-science MORONS!

dems under biden: open the covid gates

who the Hell is making out with white tailed deer on Staten Island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'd be faster to count the ones who aren't