Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

This is an early script of Tremors signed by Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

This is a prop replica from the movie Troll.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Gutter Phoenix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV98ij1Hvx8

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Mods please change my name to “WORLDS MOST BEAUTIFUL LEG”

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

No need to lie.

It resides in the woods and punches knights to death.

:darksouls:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Every mainstream burger place sells a veggie burger now and bringing back the "Where's the beef?" ad campaign would have been a perfect way for Wendy's to advertise theirs.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Is that Gleep (or perhaps Gloop) tying off to do smack?

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

Is that Gleep (or perhaps Gloop) tying off to do smack?

It is. Gloop is off looking for a spoon worthy of cooking up his junk.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Oh lord the Bad Touch Clown returns.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw (muddy!)

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I happened to see this while looking for something else yesterday. It is an official version of an 80's bootleg He-Man style character made by Olmec Toys, which was started by a black mother who had a son who was bummed out that all of the mainstream toy lines featured white heroes.

I've mentioned Olmec Toys here a few times, even recently. The originals are extremely rare and sell for a lot of money, so this is a cool cheap way to get one. They aren't even out yet, so you can still pre-order one for cheap if you want to.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
loving LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Gutter Phoenix posted:

I happened to see this while looking for something else yesterday. It is an official version of an 80's bootleg He-Man style character made by Olmec Toys, which was started by a black mother who had a son who was bummed out that all of the mainstream toy lines featured white heroes.

I've mentioned Olmec Toys here a few times, even recently. The originals are extremely rare and sell for a lot of money, so this is a cool cheap way to get one. They aren't even out yet, so you can still pre-order one for cheap if you want to.

This is pretty dang cool!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Shady story apparently

quote:

Yla Eason created Olmec Toys in 1985 when "she couldn't find a black super-hero for her son." At the peak of Olmec's operations, Eason claimed to make over $5 million in sales a year. In 1998, Eason fled Virginia and disappeared. Minority creditors filed in court against Eason and seized the remaining Olmec inventory, including Eason's last toy creation -- 1,600 Malcolm X dolls. Today, Eason is in hiding after leaving $1.2 million in unpaid debts, her company is out of business and Congress is questioning her relationship with the Clinton administration. Before declaring bankruptcy in 1998, Olmec Toys was the largest U.S. manufacturer of Black and Hispanic dolls and action figures. Olmec coined the term "ethnically correct" in the American toy industry and served as a consultant to Hasbro, the world's largest toy company. A Harvard MBA and former journalist, Eason, as Olmec's president and CEO, received the 1997 Business Enterprise Award directly from President Clinton. Eason also traveled with then-Commerce Secretary Ron Brown to China, meeting with top Chinese officials in the People's Republic government.

I can’t seem to find any corroboration on this though

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 6, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

That Malcolm X toy sells for a lot of money. I've been on the lookout for one for awhile, but they always end up selling for way more than I wanna pay.

I don't know the whole story about Olmec's bankruptcy (or whatever happened), but the founder lady is currently working with Hasbro, so she is not in hiding or anything like that as far as I can tell.

Here's a NY Times article from 1991:

https://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/15/business/making-a-difference-a-christmas-for-sun-man.html

Hasbro website:

https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-origins-sun-man-action-figure

This has a bunch of links and pictures:

https://news.toyark.com/2021/09/11/masters-of-the-universe-origins-photos-and-details-for-the-new-sun-man-by-mattel-443425

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

The "Bronze Bombers" toy line was compatible with G.I. Joe figures. Those also sell for a fortune.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Looking for a line of Blacksploitation action figures. Will trade three Shafts for a Petey Wheatstraw.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

nsfw

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Carol
Cheryl
Sue
Debra

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Remember when bikers weren't all just cops, lol.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like spidey’s fake struggling while morbius is about to ravage him but the cockblockin torch kramers in as usual

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

What a natural team: fire and spider.