Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Orion out of drag really looks a lot like one of my brothers and it took forever for me to pin down why he looked so familiar to me.

I knew that anybody out of Grand Rapids was never going to make it far. Even people who are form Michigan don't go to Grand Rapids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What the heeelllll? Well, now it makes sense why she's been so antagonistic with Voss.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Nihonniboku posted:

I knew that anybody out of Grand Rapids was never going to make it far. Even people who are form Michigan don't go to Grand Rapids.

I've never been to Michigan but I am from the most trailer trashy part of Washington, like my siblings regardless of our parentage combination, and if someone was repping like Yakima on Drag Race I'd feel similarly.

I really, really like this runway.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I'm oddly attracted to Orion. Maybe it's because I feel like I'd be aloof and quiet and bad at challenges on the show, lol. Not as pretty though.

The way Angeria would probably have 3 wins if she didn't weirdly drop the ball on her runway this week. I thought Camden deserved the win over Bosco for her runway, but honestly Angeria's the only one who really stood out for me.

Maddy's getting robbed of recognition too. These last two challenges she's shown superb leadership.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm oddly attracted to Orion. Maybe it's because I feel like I'd be aloof and quiet and bad at challenges on the show, lol. Not as pretty though.

The way Angeria would probably have 3 wins if she didn't weirdly drop the ball on her runway this week. I thought Camden deserved the win over Bosco for her runway, but honestly Angeria's the only one who really stood out for me.

Maddy's getting robbed of recognition too. These last two challenges she's shown superb leadership.

I think even if her runway was better they wouldn’t have given the win to Angeria. They need to build storylines for the other queens. I agree, however, that Angeria was easily the best in the PSA.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

One bad take, ah ah ah
Two bad takes, ah ah ah

e: God drat __Jorgeous__ :eyepop:

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 5, 2022

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Kagon posted:

I didn’t like that Ru didn’t say anything about giving her a spot next season

Ru didn't say that to Victoria either on DRUK, I think they might be trying to distance themselves from making it a given but I would be shocked if she doesn't appear. But also, HOLY poo poo. gently caress!

lookmanicant
Apr 18, 2006

Hi, I'm John Sheppard. Isn't my hair awesome? I like ferris wheels.

The Berzerker posted:

Could not stop laughing every time I looked at Jimbo

Felt like Baga doing the Much Betta song is like Monique doing the Brown Cow Stunning number, the drag "say the line, Bart"

This. So very much this. Baga definitely is banking on the catch phrase which, go for it, get that money. But I think anyone who watched her season, we're over it. Although I do get how pretty much all performances have been on hold for the past 2 years so she didn't really get to bank on it right away. Since she's still here, I hope she shows us something different. Or match her gold face paint to the tarnished gold/near bronze of her dang dress!

I spoiled myself with reading comments about Pangina but now I need to go back and watch the Thailand seasons (if I'm paying for WOWPresents, I should get my money's worth, no?). Even though she's "just" a judge, to see the type of drag that Thailand does, that she hyped up, sounds really awesome!

I am glad that Lemon is out (not really). Now I won't have to hear her name and think of the U2 song (really my own problem, I really enjoy Lemon). But her performance and runway SHOULD have been safe. I do want to see more of Janey though. Sad to see Lemon go, though. Honestly. Jujubee's outfits and performance were disappointing. I love her so much, though, that it'd feel weird to see her go first. And Jimbo's performance is very "Chaotic TikToks with Vine Energy" YouTube and I loved it, especially because it wasn't another loving lipsync.

As far as s14 I'm not mad about Orion heading out. There wasn't a lot of liveliness in the performances. I do wish I could be as high as they looked.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

thenextalangrant posted:

I spoiled myself with reading comments about Pangina but now I need to go back and watch the Thailand seasons (if I'm paying for WOWPresents, I should get my money's worth, no?). Even though she's "just" a judge, to see the type of drag that Thailand does, that she hyped up, sounds really awesome!

I like the kudalakorn subs a little better.

https://kudalakorn.club/drt-list

The drag is a little different. But the seasons are great and the girls are wonderful. I think we'll see more thai girls like Angele Anang.

And yes, Dearis Doll is a shrimp farmer. Natalia Pliacam got rich selling Chinese coffins.

Also the season 2 finale had the best outfits in drag race history.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:vince:

https://twitter.com/TheAlyssaHunter/status/1490021746283479041

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

both seasons of dr thailand are worth the watch but there are some parts that are horrendous probably largely in part to production meddling (I like blaming tae piyarat for as much of it as possible)

off the top of my head, the dreary thai historical drama and horror “parodies” with the inflexible director, the panels of way too many judges and hangers-on for both finales, & the sidelining of the s1 girls and thai gay culture in general in s2 in favour of promoting the cishet male models of The Face Thailand, all flaws that still stick in my mind years later. Still, much betta than the lesser seasons of english-speaking drag race

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I need Maddy to get a crash course in runway walks because if I have to see another stiff, awkward walk with hips that seem fully locked in place I'm gonna go joker mode. You gotta stomp on that bitch like you're trying to dismantle the building with your legs, and Maddy walks like she's poo poo herself. She's hilarious and I really appreciate her humor, but she's missing, for lack of a less loaded term, the flamboyance that would push it over the edge.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

thenextalangrant posted:

Thailand Season 2 is one of my favorite seasons out of the entire franchise.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

curiousTerminal posted:

I need Maddy to get a crash course in runway walks because if I have to see another stiff, awkward walk with hips that seem fully locked in place I'm gonna go joker mode. You gotta stomp on that bitch like you're trying to dismantle the building with your legs, and Maddy walks like she's poo poo herself. She's hilarious and I really appreciate her humor, but she's missing, for lack of a less loaded term, the flamboyance that would push it over the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10wNImen93c

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm rewatching season 6, and I'm remembering how people in this thread were absolutely outraged when Kelly Mantle was sent home first, and demanding that she be brought back. Can anyone explain what it is that they saw in her?

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
She was well-known as a performer outside the show and was very seasoned. People, including the other drag queens on the show, expected her to do well.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah she is a professional actor and Drag Race was starting to shift its focus towards comedy and acting challenges at the time, so I think people were just excited by that

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
So you're saying Kelly Mantle would have won season 7.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
I know I'm way behind on this but I'm currently on Dragula season 4 having never watched any before.
Feels like such a refrshing change from RuPaul, some of the looks are Unbelievable. I am so amazed!

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

welcome, ugly. hit us with your post-season thoughts once you’re done

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Just thinking about how "I'm that bitch" is one of the few original for the show songs Drag Race has had that is actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2sGNUBUVv4

lookmanicant
Apr 18, 2006

Hi, I'm John Sheppard. Isn't my hair awesome? I like ferris wheels.

thrashingteeth posted:

I know I'm way behind on this but I'm currently on Dragula season 4 having never watched any before.
Feels like such a refrshing change from RuPaul, some of the looks are Unbelievable. I am so amazed!

Welcome! Season 4 was really strong, I hope you enjoy it! Dragula is really such a breath of fresh air and the critiques are actually interesting and useful.

Nihonniboku posted:

Just thinking about how "I'm that bitch" is one of the few original for the show songs Drag Race has had that is actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2sGNUBUVv4

Good gravy, I forgot about this song and how good it was.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The one thing I have learned to loathe about the group songs are queens who add in any line about ‘being here for the crown’ and then mime putting a crown on.
Like you’re already on the show; we know you are here to win.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

thenextalangrant posted:

Good gravy, I forgot about this song and how good it was.

I forgot that it was just the first episode with a split premiere. I felt bad for the next group of queens who had to do a fake Fosse number, which was nowhere near as good as this.

thrashingteeth
Dec 22, 2019

depressive hedonia
always tired
taco tuesday
I don't know if I should put it in spoilers but I'm going too anyway just in case. Dragula really feels like the superior drag show to RuPaul in my opinion, but I'm a big horror fan anyway so I think that probably adds to it. I love how artistic the queens need to be and holy poo poo did some of their looks blew me away. It was funny and hosed up, honestly can't wait to BINGE the other seasons like I did this one.
The diversity of the cast really does bring something amazing to the show as well, so many cool looks, styles and stories man. They're all so talented from the get go it's really great to see them compete and poo poo talk each other.

Some impressions
I did struggle to pick a winner out of the final four, as they were basically my favourites from the season but Dahli definitely deserved it.

Sigourney and Hoso were my favourites throughout as I loved their looks but man Dahli and their performance in the finale was just next level. All their drag looks seemed so polished, I don't know what Dahli was like in the previous season but this one looking back on it they were almost leagues ahead. Died at his Nosferatu as a peeper on the beach. Honestly what an artist.

Saint had some of the most memorable runways for me, actually loving loved the Wild west cow look weirdly. Her take on Pan and the Demon/Angel was jawdropping. I really can't wait to see her in older seasons as I fell in love with her drag in this. Honourable mention to the Filth performance in the finale which made me both laugh and feel physically sick.

Hoso's chemo finale show I thought was incredible, it was so brave. I did see the critiques of the multiple face being done before but it fit SO well. The multiple emotions that must got through you when you face something like that, morphed into tumors. loving cool. All her looks are incredible but that one really got me. The creativity she has is astounding.

I loved Sigourney, being AFAB as well I just really felt seen by her high fem drag but she did get frustrating sometimes having the same silhouette a lot of the time- not that I really minded too much though as they were gorgeous. I did like her Lilith influenced demon look, just cradling the fleshy baby and then swinging around was great. The rock monster look was my absolute fav, anything inspired by that french court/Marie Antoinette look always does it for me.

Will say it was a pretty drama heavy which I did find wild. It seemed to take very little to set them up to start fighting, I don't know of Merrie was intentionally getting a more villany edit but they did make it seem she was keen to just start poo poo with people. Still thought she was one of the funniest there and probably alright in real life but still wouldn't want to work with her haha.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

thrashingteeth posted:

Dragula really feels like the superior drag show to RuPaul in my opinion,

Can't disagree with this, but I really really wish they would drop the fear factor elimination bullshit, it really makes it unwatchable for me.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

S2 starts off a little drama-heavy, but that calms down within a couple of episodes. Check out S3 as well! (I've only seen parts of S1 but Meatball is my fav.)

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

welcome again, s4 is so far the best but resurrection and s3 are also excellent. s1 and s2 are very good but you have to be okay with potato-tier production values (I love the winners though). The boulet brothers got the timing of their horror vignettes down in s4, they tend to go overlong in previous seasons. Still, some ridiculously impressive stuff to be seen there.

Read After Burning posted:

S2 starts off a little drama-heavy, but that calms down within a couple of episodes.

It “calms down” in that it becomes less outright confrontational and more consistent shady bullying. James and, to a lesser extent, Victoria never really stop trying to gently caress with the other competitor’s heads, and the tension is pretty palpable until the finale. I found the former’s constant undermining of biqtch and abhora more uncomfortable than any exterminations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Poulpe posted:

Can't disagree with this, but I really really wish they would drop the fear factor elimination bullshit, it really makes it unwatchable for me.

I'm in the same boat, but I just cover my eyes and fast forward. It's inconsequential to the overall story so I don't mind skipping it if I feel uncomfortable.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
We haven't started on UK vs the World because watching two seasons in parallel makes it quickly difficult to keep track of who's on what.

So, I'll just leave it here that I constantly refer to Angeria as The Lady Chablis, to the point that I tend to forget her actual name.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Oh boy, an excuse to repost this crossover moment
https://twitter.com/MaddyMorphosis/status/1462985050354593794

Golbez posted:

So, I'll just leave it here that I constantly refer to Angeria as The Lady Chablis, to the point that I tend to forget her actual name.

"What's that bitch name again?"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Thoughts on episode 2 of UK vs The World

Well deserved top placement for Janey and Jimbo, both did great. Too bad neither of them are very talented lip syncers. Pangina might have made it to the top again had she not spent half the second day making Bagga's dress for her. Cheryl was the right choice to go home, that dress was hideous, but they were right about Jujubee not really being there. I kind of wonder if she didn't have a lot of notice about appearing on the season, because the looks she's shown so far have been rather pedestrian.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
In what universe was Baga safe?? I honestly think they're setting her up for a villain edit

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Baga safe? In a so-called gown that didn't even hit the floor? what

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Jimbo won that lip sync. She was right to make a fuss about it. Also, I love her more and more omg.

Glad Juju's safe for another day, but she deserved the bottom for all the reasons they were saying. Really hope she shows up. Next challenge looks like a charisma-favored one, so it's then or never.

Sad about Cheryl, though. Her drag's never been my favorite, but I really appreciate her self-awareness and personality.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Poulpe posted:

In what universe was Baga safe?? I honestly think they're setting her up for a villain edit

I’m okay with Baga being safe because Juju and Cheryl were worse and putting Monique low allowed the judges to talk about her amazing Butch look

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Some reaaaaallly questionable looks in that episode of UK vs the World

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I really don't like this format with UKvtW where the winners lip sync. I imagine it's less stressful for the girls but it absolutely kills the drama.

I don't love the judging so far either. Bagga and JuJuBee both should be gone imo. I'm not even a Lemon fan but I know she would be bringing it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

punishedkissinger posted:

I really don't like this format with UKvtW where the winners lip sync. I imagine it's less stressful for the girls but it absolutely kills the drama.

The rules for next season of All Stars have apparently changed and I'm intrigued. Apparently nobody goes home, but each week queens are awarded a certain amount of points, but they can also earn advantages to prevent other players from earning points that week. Makes sense for an all winners edition like what is rumored. But the math might be too complicated for some queens and a large chunk of the audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Nihonniboku posted:

The rules for next season of All Stars have apparently changed and I'm intrigued. Apparently nobody goes home, but each week queens are awarded a certain amount of points, but they can also earn advantages to prevent other players from earning points that week. Makes sense for an all winners edition like what is rumored. But the math might be too complicated for some queens and a large chunk of the audience

I kind of liked the Painted with Raven point system where the loser was “muted” for a week and then returned to play catch-up. It kept everyone in the game while keeping it competitive. Honestly with all-stars I hate to see fan favorites and strong competitors leave, especially when they return with an actual budget.

Lemon just posted her kitty girl and butch queen looks 💔