Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I mean, we're gonna get the new Rune Factory + AI Somnium Files. What else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Announcing more Kingdom Hearts!! cloud version

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tired Moritz posted:

the next WiiU port will finally be Devil's Third

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tired Moritz posted:

Metroid Prime Trilogy*! :woop:

* Cloud only

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Master mode should have just given all the enemies lasers to shield parry as that was the coolest part of the combat

I was real happy when I played Age of Calamity and saw it had the parry deflection mechanic.

"We have to run from that guardian and use these other things to kill it!!"

...do we now? :getin:

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

glassyalabolas posted:

Show me silksong and botw2.

Survey says:

- 3 obscure NES games
- indie game about pets
- pixel roguelike
- successful indie game from 2020 coming to switch (in a year)
- remake of an old ms-dos game

So sorry :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tired Moritz posted:

Legit hyped for Rune Factory 5.
You wanna talk about value per dollar? That series is DENSE with content.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Solar Tornado posted:

Survey says:

I don't ask for much, but a remake of the MS-DOS version of Raptor: Call of the Shadows would be quite acceptable...

(OG DOS version since the newer version/remake on sites like GOG has a bunch of issues and weird changes)

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Hoping the rumored Donkey Kong game is revealed. Its been too long since Tropical Freeze.

But I expect the DK reveal will be bringing the DK Mario Party 1 board to Superstars.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Solar Tornado posted:

Survey says:

New Commander Keen metroidvania updated with a new grimdark setting and with 2022 mechanics.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I want some release dates notably on Outer Wilds and TMNT. Silksong would be nice but I expect nothing. More Kirby info would be nice. I expect Splatoon 3 info.

Announcing WW would be amazing, but I can't see that happening, unless BotW 2 is severely pushed back. MP Trilogy, I have no idea why that'd come but I'd take it even in Cloud form.

A genuine surprise would be MK 9 or some other non-Mario sports title, like Wave Race, F-Zero, 1080 Snowboarding, or Excite Vehicle, or the holy grail of just Pikmin 4 or 1+2 or something.

When's the last time Nintendo announced a small project that wasn't attached to a major IP?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Solar Tornado posted:

Survey says:

- 3 obscure NES games
- indie game about pets
- pixel roguelike

Ok but a AAA remake of Betrayal at Krondor would be the GOAT.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Feels like the direct info has leaked the past few times. They must be keeping this super tight

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's 2022 so I'm guessing more nior furry stuff will be announced

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

xedo posted:

don't get my hopes up you rear end in a top hat

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Obviously, Nintendo is buying Epic.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

External Organs posted:

Obviously, Nintendo is buying Epic.

nintendo is buying sega

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If this direct gives us Wave Race 64 or Earthbound, I'll be happy.

I don't expect to be happy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope they announce Goldeneye on the N64 app and they release the remastered version on Xbox at the same time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo is buying sega

Pokemon Vs Monster Hunter fighting game incoming

Edit: that's Capcom nevermind. Wtf is sega even doing these days

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Yakuza, Monkey Ball, owning Atlus

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

nintendo is buying sega

The only way for Persona 5 to be on Switch.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CBD Corndog posted:

Yakuza, Monkey Ball, owning Atlus

They’ve also got a (seemingly) open world Sonic game coming out near the end of the year. I think that’s about it though

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Hope they announce Wii shop channel music for the eShop.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

External Organs posted:

Pokemon Vs Monster Hunter fighting game incoming

Edit: that's Capcom nevermind. Wtf is sega even doing these days

yakuza

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

xedo posted:

You're a jerk for making me want that which will never be.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
just remember, all leaks are bullshit unless they contain one "what? That's retarded. Shut up." game rumor.

the correct leak of 2017 leaked arms, and people dismissed it as retarded, but it makes sense.

"a fighting game where people with springs for arms hit each other"

"a game where lolis shoot paint at each other"

"it's a new zelda, but train themed. entire game world is a train track. main villian is an evil train"

So when people go "OH poo poo MARIO ODYSSEY 2 AND ITS IN 4K SOMEHOW WITH FULL TWENTY PLAYER CO-OP AND DARK SOULS STYLE INVASIONS" that sounds cool but I'd never believe it.

If you put that next to, I dunno, "F-Zero....costumes for animal crossing. This will take up 39% of the direct. They will cost as much as a new copy of the game." then I 100% believe both rumors now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

just remember, all leaks are bullshit unless they contain one "what? That's retarded. Shut up." game rumor.

the correct leak of 2017 leaked arms, and people dismissed it as retarded, but it makes sense.

"it's a new zelda, but train themed. entire game world is a train track. main villian is an evil train"

So when people go "OH poo poo MARIO ODYSSEY 2 AND ITS IN 4K SOMEHOW WITH FULL TWENTY PLAYER CO-OP AND DARK SOULS STYLE INVASIONS" that sounds cool but I'd never believe it.

If you put that next to, I dunno, "F-Zero....costumes for animal crossing. This will take up 39% of the direct. They will cost as much as a new copy of the game." then I 100% believe both rumors now.

:goofy:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Diseased post.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Trains are never the villain

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I can’t believe they’re going to reveal Geno as the true final Smash DLC character.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Solar Tornado posted:

Survey says:

- 3 obscure NES games
- indie game about pets
- pixel roguelike

Hype for Day of the Tentacle HD! :pray:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Stop saying retarded, for gently caress's sake.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The direct is going to be Miyamoto sitting on a wooden stool. He will have a fresh baked potato wrapped in foil, which he will unwrap and slowly eat with his bare hands in complete silence. Not once does he look in the direction of the camera. That will be the whole thing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nep-Nep posted:

The direct is going to be Miyamoto sitting on a wooden stool. He will have a fresh baked potato wrapped in foil, which he will unwrap and slowly eat with his bare hands in complete silence. Not once does he look in the direction of the camera. That will be the whole thing.

what will topping will miyamoto be having on the baked potato?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what will topping will miyamoto be having on the baked potato?

The next Nintendo game will be based around bacon bits.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Meanwhile several tumbleweeds drift through the S/NES Online games catalog. A pittance of Genesis games peek through shuttered windows, and if you're lucky, an N64 game might ride up on the horizon.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
earthbound? never heard of it

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Finally, Earthbound Trilogy HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

The direct is going to be Nintendo announcing a partnership with Yoko Taro, who then proceeds to be very confused as he thought he was signing a deal to make Nier themed playing cards.