Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ICR posted:

Friends and neighbors,

Always nice to see you ICR, I enjoy your enthusiasm.

That said, I just asked for a refund.

Edit: proud of this snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Google Butt posted:

so is this game good or nah

Game is confirmed really good. Played on Russian server way before Amazon picked it up.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Burn My Dread posted:

For those not following the Discord too closely, US East goon guilds are officially going up on Una now, so be prepared for that.

Sounds good! I will be there.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I'm on board and looking for EU goons to play with. Really have no clue what class I'm going to play but thinking about starting off with Sorc or Bard, any impressions on these from people who have played before?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Good Citizen posted:

ICR sent me, which means this game is doomed, but I'm gonna give it a shot

Jesus loving christ

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

Burn My Dread posted:

For those not following the Discord too closely, US East goon guilds are officially going up on Una now, so be prepared for that.

There a US West guild?

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

junan_paalla posted:

I'm on board and looking for EU goons to play with. Really have no clue what class I'm going to play but thinking about starting off with Sorc or Bard, any impressions on these from people who have played before?

Join the discord, we are 15-ish people so far but usually more EU goons start showing up after launch. For the moment we decided to be on Thirain.

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
For EU goons we have through a meticulous, democratic and scientific process on Discord decided to go on Thirain.

We have yet to find a chump to saddle with the GM dunce hat but this is expected to happen by happy accident shortly after launch.

Dead on Arrival
Nov 4, 2008

Raged posted:

Jesus loving christ

Someone post the gif...

Just kidding, love you bossman... (:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I caved in and spent some steam bucks on this. what's a good class for bad idiots?

also I can't wait to print out a box to put up next to my Hellgate London Lifetime edition and Tabula Rasa CE.

the panacea fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Feb 8, 2022

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Gonna bookmark this thread in preparation for the inevitable amazon launch clusterfuck.

can they gently caress up a game they didn't even make?

signs point to yes!

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

the panacea posted:

I caved in and spent some steam bucks on this. what's a good class for bad idiots?

also I can't wait to print out a box to put up next to my Hellgate London Lifetime edition and Tabula Rasa CE.

Will go great next to the Wildstar and Defiance posters.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Gishin posted:

Will go great next to the Wildstar and Defiance posters.

wildstar is the ONLY failed MMO I never bought.

I even got a second sealed Age of Conan CE in the attic.
This is what happens if you get hooked on Ultima Online in the early days.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

...I got all that poo poo.

so many mmo fails. like broken, terrible tears in the rain.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Digital Prophet posted:

...I got all that poo poo.

so many mmo fails. like broken, terrible tears in the rain.

The only good purchase I ever made was getting 2 lifetime LOTRO accounts. I flipped those for quite a bit.

so to get this straight: there is no pet class at launch?

the panacea fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Feb 8, 2022

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

the panacea posted:

so to get this straight: there is no pet class at launch?

one of the classes gets some kind of bird, but its not really a pet, i dont think, just a limited use ability.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Boo!
Anyone know what's a good class to play if my aim is subpar sometimes due to tremors from medication?

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

the panacea posted:

Boo!
Anyone know what's a good class to play if my aim is subpar sometimes due to tremors from medication?

The class videos i watched on youtube make the warrior->gunlancer seem like an invincible, unstoppable murder machine. I have never played so ymmv but of all the classes it looks very op and survivable in the case of mistakes.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Gishin posted:

There a US West guild?

I don’t think there’s a goon-only USW guild planned, they’re all rolling with Starfleet Dental. Theyre on Mari server.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I picked a good time to catch Corona anyway. I will get to play for a day or two before drowning in my lung juice.

That said, why won't it let me play? I bought the silver pack! I have hours left on this earth dammit!

Xenthalon
Jun 28, 2010

lexxyth posted:

Join the discord, we are 15-ish people so far but usually more EU goons start showing up after launch. For the moment we decided to be on Thirain.

I just bought a Silver Founders package too, gonna show up in Discord in a few hours. I usually pick mages as my mains, but here I think I'll go Wardancer or Striker, I wanna rip things up close and personal. Hoping the servers can keep up!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Elwood P Dowd posted:

I picked a good time to catch Corona anyway. I will get to play for a day or two before drowning in my lung juice.

That said, why won't it let me play? I bought the silver pack! I have hours left on this earth dammit!

Games not out yet

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My only goal for today is to snag a couple of names that aren't absolutely atrocious. I recognize that even if I log on right at launch this is unlikely.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cosmic...today?

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

Gishin posted:

There a US West guild?

Yes, US-West goons are on Mari

Comp-U-Shit
Nov 14, 2008

Gishin posted:

There a US West guild?

We're doing a US West guild on the same server as SFD, Mari. Guild slots will be tight so we need a couple early depending on interest.
Join whichever you want.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Is early access in 2 hours?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Is early access in 2 hours?

9am PST/12 EST so almost 1.5 hours left

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I really do hope I log in early enough to get the names I want, after that I am definitely going to play the game at my own, very slow pace. Probably running Sorceress or Wardancer, looking forward to see fellow EU goons on Thirain!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm looking at Deadeye, but am reading it's one of the most (if not the most) complex classes to play. How complex are we talking here? If I can deal decently well with a max level FFXIV rotation (BLM was what I played there), will this prove much of an issue?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Samael posted:

I really do hope I log in early enough to get the names I want, after that I am definitely going to play the game at my own, very slow pace. Probably running Sorceress or Wardancer, looking forward to see fellow EU goons on Thirain!

Same, I'm logging on at noon just to grab the name I want as a Shadowhunter

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

I'm looking at Deadeye, but am reading it's one of the most (if not the most) complex classes to play. How complex are we talking here? If I can deal decently well with a max level FFXIV rotation (BLM was what I played there), will this prove much of an issue?

I hear gunslinger/deadeye compared to ffxiv jobs in terms of rotation/cooldown needs so TBH you're probably fine, they're just skill/CD heavy by LA standards.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
FFXIV has tainted me, how's the game's story and lore?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i need to watch a youtube video on the classes, I have no idea whats cool to play

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

eonwe posted:

i need to watch a youtube video on the classes, I have no idea whats cool to play

This one seems good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpn6_CYsTrE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Burn My Dread posted:

Mjolnerd posted:

Yes, US-West goons are on Mari

El_Molestadore posted:

For EU goons we have through a meticulous, democratic and scientific process on Discord decided to go on Thirain.

We have yet to find a chump to saddle with the GM dunce hat but this is expected to happen by happy accident shortly after launch.

Should probably put this at the top of the OP so people don't get confused.

:rip: anyone who rolls regulus

zhel
Aug 2, 2010

Asmongold's stream is up and he's not going to Regulus according to his stream name. Found this funny. :P

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Am I right in my understanding that we get two boosts once we get one class to 50? So I can plan to have three classes fairly early on? May help my decision paralysis here.

Also from the sounds of it the dps classes will be faster to plow through the story than support so will leave a support as one of those boosts if so.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

zhel posted:

Asmongold's stream is up and he's not going to Regulus according to his stream name. Found this funny. :P

seems a lot of spanish streamers are going Regulus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zhel posted:

And it's not so much too that his community is toxic, but more so that his community is so gigantic that when he picks a server to play on, its overcrowded and has long queues. So its best to avoid those servers.