Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Quail freaking own, nice photos!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Thanks, I think they're pretty hilarious!

The quail, I mean, not the photos.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Watching all the Jackass movies for the first time this week, it’s striking how much more prominently Bam features in Number 2 than in the first one.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

General Dog posted:

Watching all the Jackass movies for the first time this week, it’s striking how much more prominently Bam features in Number 2 than in the first one.

Jackass 2 is kind of like "Let's poo poo on Bam" and it's kind of painful, in retrospect, given in the bad place that he's in right now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I guess that was probably about when he had 6 spin-offs on MTV

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Timby posted:

Jackass 2 is kind of like "Let's poo poo on Bam" and it's kind of painful, in retrospect, given in the bad place that he's in right now.

I think I read the biggest reason Bam ended up in this place was Ryan Dunn's death

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m kind of surprised Chris Pontius didn’t end up being a breakout star; that’s a beautiful man.

Like, what does Chris Hemsworth have that he didn’t?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Feb 8, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, things I discovered tooling around looking at old things, Mills Lane is still alive! I really thought he wasn't.

He, uh, had a really bad stroke 20 years ago and I have no clue how much he's still there. But he's still kicking for now.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

I think I read the biggest reason Bam ended up in this place was Ryan Dunn's death

Bam was always on a downward spiral and after multiple stints in rehab, he basically said "gently caress it" and went for broke with drug use.

He showed up for, I think, a day, maybe two, of shooting on Jackass Forever and was doing coke. Knoxville had demanded the set be clean, because he didn't want Steve-O to be triggered and relapse, and when Bam was high as gently caress and refused to stay sober during the shoot, he was fired.

Bam responded by going on a massive bender and then doing a video asking Dr. Phil, of all people, for help. And saying he was fired for "discrimination."

The guy is not well.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
making GBS threads on him now would be unkind. making GBS threads on Bam in 2007 was deserved and hilarious.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

gently caress yea, Descendants kick rear end.

I didn't get super into the albums but their tracks on the Punk-o-Rama collections always whipped.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

making GBS threads on him now would be unkind. making GBS threads on Bam in 2007 was deserved and hilarious.

couldn't stand watching that scene in Jackass 3D

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
There’s a bit involving snakes in Jackass 4 that was definitely thought up before Bam got booted off set.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You probably can't get his shows streamed today, due to what happened with his uncle.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh Lord. Do I want to know?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh Lord. Do I want to know?

Don Vito was a pedo.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Timby posted:

Don Vito was a pedo.

Somehow I should be shocked at this…

But I'm not.

I'll likely see Jackass Forever tomorrow.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
The oversized hand smacking people in the production office is still incredibly funny to me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The whole Bam saga with the latest saga is such a mess. Bam sued when he got fired, his ex wife has sued him for custody of their kid, and the director of the movie had to get a restraining order against him because he kept harassing him. Johnny is sad about the whole thing because he just wants Bam to get well.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’m 90% sure Raab Himself is just a normal dude in real estate or something now lol

CKY ruled and also the band was pretty cool for what it was too

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Raab was a cameraman on the new movie weirdly enough.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pops Mgee posted:

Raab was a cameraman on the new movie weirdly enough.

Yeah, Raab is a camera operator, and he and Brandon Novak were accountability partners to help each other get sober. Rake Yohn is an actual chemist nowadays, doing legitimate lab work. Brandon DiCamillo works an office job and mostly takes care of his kids.

Basically, the CKY guys grew up. Bam is just a fuckin' mess.

Edit: One of the conditions Johnny Knoxville set up for doing Jackass Forever was that it had to be a totally clean set, not even booze, because he cares that much about Steve-O and wants him to be well. Bam showed up strung the gently caress out and then they found him doing coke in his trailer. Day two of the shoot, they told Bam that he could either do the movie clean and sober, or he could keep on using.

He chose to keep using. And then he sued Jeff Tremaine and Knoxville for various bullshit reasons, and apparently stalked Tremaine during the shoot.

Timby fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Feb 8, 2022

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

and its all the guy from HIM's fault

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Alaois posted:

and its all the guy from HIM's fault

Care to elaborate? I'm genuinely curious how this is and I love any instance to continue to hate HIM (mainly because I think their music sucks).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

The oversized hand smacking people in the production office is still incredibly funny to me.

I died laughing at that and also the jet engine segment in 3.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
"Don't Look Up" is going to win best picture and the Academy will pat itself on the back, declaring that Hollywood has solved climate change just like how "Crash" solved racism in 2005.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/0iel0dq.mp4

Made one of those Timelapse/long exposure videos last night. This is from about 1am to 730am this morning. Really happy with how it turned out

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://i.imgur.com/0iel0dq.mp4

Made one of those Timelapse/long exposure videos last night. This is from about 1am to 730am this morning. Really happy with how it turned out

This is rad. I always love how many stars you can see when you’re out in the middle of nowhere.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Freaquency posted:

This is rad. I always love how many stars you can see when you’re out in the middle of nowhere.

Literally more stars than I’ve ever seen. Tonight is supposed to be clear again so I want to leave it out there and do a 30 min long exposure picture just to see how many stars it can pick up.

I woke up at one point and could see the moon out of our bedroom window and it was SO bright. I’d never seen it that bright before

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Dune is best picture

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Literally more stars than I’ve ever seen. Tonight is supposed to be clear again so I want to leave it out there and do a 30 min long exposure picture just to see how many stars it can pick up.

I woke up at one point and could see the moon out of our bedroom window and it was SO bright. I’d never seen it that bright before
Hell yeah. The first time I saw the "clouds" of the Milky Way with my own eyes, and realized it wasn't normal clouds, was mind-blowing.

Fyi if you do an exposure that long the stars may actually "move" enough that you end up with lines instead of points.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Fifty Three posted:

Hell yeah. The first time I saw the "clouds" of the Milky Way with my own eyes, and realized it wasn't normal clouds, was mind-blowing.

Fyi if you do an exposure that long the stars may actually "move" enough that you end up with lines instead of points.

A 30min. exposure is definitely going to be star trails, yeah, but those are cool in their own right. To get a shot of something like the Milky Way you have to take a series of photos and composite them together in something like Lightroom.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’ve tried to take star trail pictures before, but they’re tough. It helps to have a new moon because over a long period, the light of a full moon will wash out the picture. Need to have a good stable tripod too.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I need to move somewhere warm, sunny and with access to cool night starscapes like the pics above.

I don’t know what I’m doing with my life.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Still trying to talk my wife into going to Big Bend. Darkest sky left in the lower 48.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

dirty shrimp money posted:

Still trying to talk my wife into going to Big Bend. Darkest sky left in the lower 48.

It's really incredible. If stars are the primary motivator, just don't forget about the Moon when you're timing your trip. It's the biggest light polluter of them all! Why does it continue to get a pass?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dirty shrimp money posted:

The Dark Sky reserve in Idaho is just over 4 hours from where we’re staying. If it weren’t so loving cold we were gonna drive out there and camp a night while we’re here but we couldn’t swing it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
starchat: Tucson being a dark sky city owns, we have spent many hours staring at the sky from our yard, and being able to drive 15 min to the desert and see even more is great. We're out of water though, so don't move here.

quailchat: it is always odd to see them fly. I know they can but it always seems unexpected.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Stargazing in an area with little light pollution rules.

North side of Mt. Hood using my iPhone 6 & a PVS-14 back in 2017. My phone camera doesn't do justice on how many stars I could see that night.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just got asked to start picking up inpatient shifts

Probably fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Portnoy's complaint

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1491007662422646786

Discovery is gonna be wild