Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, these "Pixar" guys seem pretty good at it

Eat poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/justinboldaji/status/1491054035268292613?t=qgMfEPb6GToVYvNqHawmFw&s=19

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh wow I completely missed that Denis got snubbed lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

AARD VARKMAN posted:

In favor of that loving West Side Story remake.

OOF

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Cynicism is the spice that flows deeply through this whole thread, and yet award shows are presumed to follow any sort of merit?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Joke's on you I like anime and star wars

I like marvel and resident evil films

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Chris Evans is one of the good Chrises and Tim Allen sucks. So this is good.

I'm so glad that I grew up with a dubbed version of Toy Story so I don't feel nostalgia for that version.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, these "Pixar" guys seem pretty good at it

They're all right, but I'm really waiting for Disney to make the live action versions of their movies, now those would be good entertainment !!!!!!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol Tim Allen got off of a federal cocaine trafficking charge by flipping on everyone he ever worked with and now he's had multiple successful family movie franchises and several garbage family sitcoms

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

PostNouveau posted:

lol Tim Allen got off of a federal cocaine trafficking charge by flipping on everyone he ever worked with and now he's had multiple successful family movie franchises and several garbage family sitcoms

Stay winning, honestly.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dabir posted:

I don't think I've ever seen anything Mark Wahlberg is in and whatever reputation he has as an actor has utterly failed to reach me. Who the gently caress is he?

You haven't seen Boogie Nights!?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
You haven't seen The Happening?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/Zjk4CCVxWZM

Voice of a generation

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Wahlberg's the guy you get when you want every line read like a breathless kid trying to rush through an oral book report on a book he didn't really understand.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He's quite good at playing an affable doofus (Boogie Nights, The Other Guys, etc), or occasionally a malignant doofus (Pain & Gain). When he's just in straight-faced action mode, he doesn't bring much to the table.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That was a big surprise. Nothing for Pig either. But at least Andrew Garfield and Kristen Stewart can put "oscar nominated actor" on their resumes. What the gently caress

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

PostNouveau posted:

In favor of that loving West Side Story remake.

OOF

The smartest thing the Golden Globes did was move musicals to a different category alongside comedy as sacrificial lambs who wouldn't win Best Picture anyway.

I've nothing against musicals (lord knows I've seen enough of them) but it seems kinda unfair to have films who have a completely different yardstick of quality/realism/acting competing alongside the others. I dunno, I guess I feel like a lot of musicals are able to skate on a whole lot of film technical things because "it's a musical".

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I am fully onboard for the new pixar movie to be the “horniest one yet”

https://www.thewrap.com/turning-red-domee-shi-lindsey-collins-interview/

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

maybe nominating West Side Story will get it a few extra box office dollars and put it at -$99,000,000.00

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

priznat posted:

The Incredibles set the bar pretty high

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a pretty dumb Mark Wahlberg movie called Contraband where he has to smuggle poo poo through the Panama Canal.

It has Wahlberg's greatest line in his entire career. At one point he screams at J.K. Simmons " I WENT TO GET SOME PANAMANIAN DOG poo poo SO WHEN I GET HOME I CAN SHOVE IT UP YOUR WIFE'S oval office"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm watching Mike Flanagan's Hush (2016) right now and the book the main character is writing is called... Midnight Mass! Thought that was pretty cool.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that priest was a total masshole

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

General Dog posted:

The Incredibles set the bar pretty high

Lol good point *checks out own thicc butt*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I'm watching Mike Flanagan's Hush (2016) right now and the book the main character is writing is called... Midnight Mass! Thought that was pretty cool.

I think Jay mentions this in their review talk about midnight mass. Flanagan's been wanting to make mm for years

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kalel posted:

I think Jay mentions this in their review talk about midnight mass. Flanagan's been wanting to make mm for years

Oh cool, I haven't watched that RLM vid yet cos I wanna watch Midnight Mass. I really like Mike Flanagan

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tM9qpiFefs

Stallone as Beverly Hills Cop

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

priznat posted:

Really not comfortable about a movie about kids being described as horny.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

it's a movie about 13 year olds, apparently. do you remember what it was like being 13

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

General Dog posted:

He's quite good at playing an affable doofus (Boogie Nights, The Other Guys, etc), or occasionally a malignant doofus (Pain & Gain). When he's just in straight-faced action mode, he doesn't bring much to the table.

He was fun in the Departed. Angry Boston cop man, yells at everything. Not a particularly challenging role, but it worked.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

He was fun in the Departed. Angry Boston cop man, yells at everything. Not a particularly challenging role, but it worked.

The best part about that was that he was in it for like 5 minutes total. :haw:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah. And he was very good in I <3 Huckabees as a traumatized firefighter

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Certainly the hairless chest of a generation.

It seemed like there was this weird trend in the early 90s to make white rappers happen that focused mostly on Boston guys (Marky Mark, House of Pain, etc) that were clearly assembled by the studios.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

House of Pain was, against all logic, from LA

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I threw on an old Charles Bronson movie

Didn't disappoint

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

priznat posted:

The best part about that was that he was in it for like 5 minutes total. :haw:
I always wonder what the actual actors who had to share scene with him were thinking. Specifically that scene in the office with Martin Sheen and Leo.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the film is directly inspired by the director's and screenwriter's experience as Asian teen girls in Canada so I would have forgiven that description if it was offered by shi herself. but yeah it's a little weird that the specific term was first used by the male interviewer and put in the headline

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
I also turn into a bear when I get horny. :smuggo:
wait no

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I didn't click the link for a bit and assumed you guys were still talking about Lightyear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

kalel posted:

the film is directly inspired by the director's and screenwriter's experience as Asian teen girls in Canada so I would have forgiven that description if it was offered by shi herself. but yeah it's a little weird that the specific term was first used by the male interviewer and put in the headline

I read an article about it yesterday written by a woman and the difference in focus is kinda funny.

article written by a woman:
Pixar wanted Turning Red to be ‘unapologetic’ about puberty — including periods

article written by a dude:
WHOA! THIS poo poo IS HORNY AF! (never mentions anything about periods)