Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

Canonically, the entire vanilla Morrowind overworld map could fit inside it, complete with a miniature tradehouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Asterite34 posted:

Canonically, the entire vanilla Morrowind overworld map could fit inside it, complete with a miniature tradehouse

Arielle posted:

I don't recall using teleportation and yet there I was, inside a seven and a half kilometer high trade house containing a simulacrum of Vvardenfell complete with a miniature trade house, alone. Naked.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

c0da is a lot more meta than I remember

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Asterite34 posted:

c0da is a lot more meta than I remember

yeah, c0da deez nuts

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thursday in tamriel is Turdas?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"I hate Mondas."
-- Grr'veld

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
"this one hates mundas" surely

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

ikanreed posted:

"this one hates mundas" surely

This is Hanar in my brain head.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Thursday in tamriel is Turdas?

GK Chesterton's The Man Who Was Turdas is a far more lowbrow book than the original

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It mildly annoys me that after coming up with new fantasy names for the months, they just half-assed it for the days of the week.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

See I've never found these disturbing.

Until now :catbert:

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Private Speech posted:

See I've never found these disturbing.

Until now :catbert:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Dagoth Fur

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Heart of lasagnakhan

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Hla Oadie

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
The nerevarine should grow a third eye when they get Moon-And-Star.

Also I’m in Mournhold now, pretty much wrapped up the base game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Come, Jon. Friend or traitor, come. Come and look upon my Kart, and Nermalakhan. And bring lasagna... I have need of it.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Jon drank nix hound cum

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Come, Jon. Friend or traitor, come. Come and look upon my Kart, and Nermalakhan. And bring lasagna... I have need of it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I noticed recently that its been a decade since the first/only time I played this (and I remember almost nothing other than the broadest of brushstrokes). I should reinstall. A friend also suggested the YAJAN modpack as a good AIO option that includes some nifty stuff like survival elements. Are there any other good modpacks that might be recommended? I'd love to get some mods for stuff like updated graphics, fixes, neat extras, but honestly I don't think I have the patience to dig through stacks of mods to find stuff myself.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

YAJAN makes alot of changes and also can be unstable as poo poo if you try and move the things in the jenga tower load order.
(Remove complex NPCs immediately tho)

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
YAJAN lists it as using non-beast argonians and non-beast khajiit mods, which, last time i tried them, were mods that removed the "beast" check but changed nothing about the model, meaning the tails glitched out and the feet were a mile long because there was no animation set to it.

Friends and Foes can also get pretty weird with adding level 100 bandits?

Also YAJAN says it doesn't work well with Tamriel Rebuilt and honestly TR is one of the biggest reasons to come back to Morrowind these days I think. I think it says it also uses both Let there be Darkness and True Lights and Darkness which are two mods that do the same thing? I'm not sure how well they work together?

A lot of its other stuff is good though? I would honestly recommend going through its modlist and using it as a directory of mods to look at, but, modding Morrowind is like a ham radio hobby for me, the act of modding it is part of the fun for me. But in general big massive mod compilations, unless they're very well cultivated, tend to be a lot more risky and hard to fix than doing mods piecemeal.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I used the Morrowind++ guide, linked in the OP, and am very happy with it. Though it took two evenings to finish setting it up. And i started paring down on some of its suggested mods over the course of several hours of playing, as I found some changes I didn’t enjoy. So maybe ten fewer mods and twenty new mods NOT on the list later, I think it’s in just about the perfect spot, for me

I also was just thinking about getting a mod that adds inconsequential NPCs to towns. I’ve been using Starfire's npc Additions - Danae's Edits and Fixes and it’s pretty decent, though I wish it were slightly more modular, as I really just wanted NPCs walking around in the daytime, none of the other stuff like traders and fences and pilgrims and vampires. I looked at Friends & Foes and it seems to be even more messy so I haven’t tried touching it yet

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I used the Morrowind++ guide, linked in the OP, and am very happy with it. Though it took two evenings to finish setting it up. And i started paring down on some of its suggested mods over the course of several hours of playing, as I found some changes I didn’t enjoy. So maybe ten fewer mods and twenty new mods NOT on the list later, I think it’s in just about the perfect spot, for me

I also was just thinking about getting a mod that adds inconsequential NPCs to towns. I’ve been using Starfire's npc Additions - Danae's Edits and Fixes and it’s pretty decent, though I wish it were slightly more modular, as I really just wanted NPCs walking around in the daytime, none of the other stuff like traders and fences and pilgrims and vampires. I looked at Friends & Foes and it seems to be even more messy so I haven’t tried touching it yet

I liked Friends and Foes’ general NPC additions, they largely fit in very well and are fun (although their grammar can be a bit off.) It’s cool seeing mages recall into towns and go around doing their business or being attacked by random bandits (if you don’t like the added aggressive/enemy NPCs, you can turn them off or adjust them by talking to any town guard anywhere).

The companions it adds are loving horrible though, don’t use that part at ALL.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That does sound pretty good, kinda wish the options were in an MWSE menu and not in actual gameplay

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

That does sound pretty good, kinda wish the options were in an MWSE menu and not in actual gameplay

They might be if you’re using MWSE and that was how they were presented to me in OpenMW.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

What about MOISE? I was suggested YAJAN because it can be used with wabbajack as a fairly easily to setup AIO option. I used to enjoy modding stuff like Morrowind, but honestly these days I kinda just want to just skip all that and get on with it. But, ofc, I still would like graphical improvements, maybe some modernizations to UI and such, and that Tamriel Rebuilt thing does sound kinda neat.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

For Friends and Foes if you want to use it I'd really recommend using the lightest amount added version and only friendly NPCs, I don't think they do a very good job with the enemies they add. OAAB data has a mod that adds some new creatures that I think work pretty well if you want more enemies, and otherwise stuff like mort's rebalance mods and deadly denizens are better options for more difficulty.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
RandomPal I think has a good lightweight mod that adds low level bandits to reasonable spawnpoints that I use and enjoy. I honestly don't think you NEED a lot of extra NPCs, the new stuff can crawl your game without adding another 10 guys to walk in circles in Seyda Neen.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like having some more random NPCs in a town but always thought stuff like Morrowind Comes Alive or Starfire's added a bit too much, but F&F with the scarce option is a pretty good balance of making cities feel a bit more populated. Definitely not necessary at all, though, and if you're not on a super overkill system for the game it might cause some slowdown.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/210394599246659585/940420210547109928/B36kam8Dpe62zlwN.mp4

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Hell yeah dude you make that?

Making custom animations was a lot of fun.i hope i get some more time to mess with it again some day, classes sucking up all my free time now.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
a pleasure to meet you indeed

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Hello I have a wild dumb question I will ask the experts.

I'm about to get two weeks off from work. A part of me is thinking of going through all of Morrowind since two uninterrupted weeks of Morrowind sounds pretty drat good.

I'd want to do

MSQ
Bloodmoon + Raven Rock
Tribunal + Museum
House Hlaalu quests
Imperial Cult quests
Legion quests

Mages Guild? maybe
Thieves Guild? maybe
Tribunal? maybe
Fighters Guild? maybe

If I've got 90ish hours roughly, about how much of that should I expect to be able to finish. Plus of course some random exploring/loving around time.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Proletarian Mango posted:

Hell yeah dude you make that?

Making custom animations was a lot of fun.i hope i get some more time to mess with it again some day, classes sucking up all my free time now.

no its from the mmc, people finding all these old dance mods. i wished someone did the massive effort to overhaul the animations but alas

Rookersh posted:

I'm about to get two weeks off from work. A part of me is thinking of going through all of Morrowind since two uninterrupted weeks of Morrowind sounds pretty drat good.

I'd want to do

MSQ
Bloodmoon + Raven Rock
Tribunal + Museum
House Hlaalu quests
Imperial Cult quests
Legion quests

Mages Guild? maybe
Thieves Guild? maybe
Tribunal? maybe
Fighters Guild? maybe

If I've got 90ish hours roughly, about how much of that should I expect to be able to finish. Plus of course some random exploring/loving around time.

all of it with like 50 hours to spare probably

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
It depends also on of you just go from quest to quest or spend 5 hours downtime rearranging your house or whatever in between. If you just focus down it's a very fast game, skill requirements notwithstanding?

Most of my characters never last longer than a month before I run out of things to do with them, but I spend a LOT of time loving around and using hunger mods and stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Rookersh posted:

I'd want to do

MSQ
Bloodmoon + Raven Rock
Tribunal + Museum
House Hlaalu quests
Imperial Cult quests
Legion quests

Mages Guild? maybe
Thieves Guild? maybe
Tribunal? maybe
Fighters Guild? maybe

i don't think you'll hit 90 hours to be honest