Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But there literally is something better to spend them on, each time a new 4* that you don't own yet is added to the standard pool

this is a fake consideration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

If I get Urgent Repairs one more goddamn time I'm setting my dailies to Liyue.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Republicans posted:

If I get Urgent Repairs one more goddamn time I'm setting my dailies to Liyue.

I guess urgent repairs is slightly worse than pirate invasion

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But there literally is something better to spend them on, each time a new 4* that you don't own yet is added to the standard pool

The odds are terrible because you're dipping in a massive pool of every 4* character *and* most 4* weapons.

Pulling for 4* characters is a horrible fool's errand even on event banners. Pulling for them in the standard pool is exponentially worse.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well yes the odds are bad but it's not like you have anything better to do with your acquaint fates.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

outside of maybe one or two 5 star weapons and the small chance of some of the newer 4 star characters the standard banner has nothing i would even want, so im just sitting on those wishes until they overhaul it

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Funny enough I have C2 Rosaria despite never getting her from a limited banner. Got two from standard and one from weapon.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I would like a Mona and if they ever dilute the 5* pool for standard more, my chances will suck even worse. Realizing that, I just pull them when I get them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm always looking forward to the next underwhelming 5* pity from standard

not holding my breath for any changes + Kaeya chances drop drastically almost every patch, so may as well spend spend spend

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
one day i'll get jean

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pity from the standard banner is the only way I get 5* weapons so at least it has that going for it

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i view the standard wish banner as just a starglitter converter :v:

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Danann posted:

I've been saving blue wishes for a sunny day where I just pull some 50-odd wishes for the battlepass thing but I'm not pulling on a character/weapon banner.

I'm currently at 90 blue wishes.

That's my strategy. BP is a pretty good incentive to hold back on wishes once your core team is fine. That said, I did end up using about 40 of 80 all at once last week when I wanted to do some grinding for a character or 5 star weapon, but wasn't sure which to do. It ended up being a Mona constellation, so I finally got around to doing her 80/90 ascension.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Danann posted:

I've saved for 180 rolls for character banners. Weapon banners I basically save up 270 rolls.

The weapon pity is at 80 instead of 90, so you only need 240 rolls to guarantee at least r0 of a 5* promotional weapon of your choice.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
This was my first full banner since I started (I think I had like 7-10 days on the prior banner when I first began playing) so I whaled pretty hard this time. I figure that Rockdaddy and Cocogoat were pretty strong banners to whale on and I wanted to build out a more diverse team (also I simp for Beidou).

Here were my results:

Yanfei x12 :gonk:

I'm currently AR37/WL4. Just hit Inazuma though haven't progressed that story as I'm still clearing out Liyue/Dragonspine.

This is my current roster.

My core members are Beidou/Xingqiu/Zhongli and then I swap in the fourth person depending on what I'm fighting. The four teams I have right now are:

Beidou/Yanfei/Xingqiu/Zhongli (Main overworld exploration team)
Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Zhongli
Beidou/Ganyu/Xingqiu/Zhongli
Beidou/Jean/Xingqiu/Zhongli

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
started rolling for ganyu without a yanfei. have no use for yanfei. took maybe 50 rolls for ganyu and got c6 yanfei in the process. i need xq and beidou cons. feels very bad

Twisc fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 8, 2022

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was making you think you could reliably get banner 4*s.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Literally no one thinks gacha is reliable. The odds of hitting zero xingqiu or beidou constellations off of 50 rolls are low, it's less than 10%, so disappointment is a reasonable reaction.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
As a veteran player of X-COM, if it's not 100% it's 0%. I never roll expecting anything but the guaranteed pity, down that road lies suffering. And a C3 Qiqi.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

While at least I have Mistsplitter and Elegy to show for it, my other 5* weapons are Aquila Favonia x3, Skyward Spine x2, Skyward Blade, and Lost Prayer.

I'm still gonna try to get Yae her weapon though.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

AG3 posted:

As a veteran player of X-COM, if it's not 100% it's 0%. I never roll expecting anything but the guaranteed pity, down that road lies suffering. And a C3 Qiqi.

And if it's 100%, it's 95%

Ferrous
Feb 28, 2010
Would anyone mind helping me open the secret chest on the heart island? I'm on PS5/Europe if that makes a difference.

I can return the favour of course if you want.

E: Should also mention WL is currently 7.

E2: Got this done, thanks whoever joined my game.

Ferrous fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 8, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man a lot of people around the internet seem to really hate this Tanuki event for some reason, but I'm just wondering if I hosed myself because I started doing it late and it's only one per day and I'm not going to be able to see all 8 locales now with it ending on the 14th.

e: Okay apparently I just have to trigger them from the event screen each time. Phew. Anyway I find this event showcases the games sense of humor pretty well and takes me back to a lot of locations that I haven't had much reason to visit in a while and even helped me pick up some completion % in Dragonspine by sheer chance so I'm even more down with it now.

e2: So I noticed that I can't seem to purchase a Gnostic Hymn from the Mihoyo Top-Up website when I went to renew my Welkin's Pass today. Am I just not seeing it somehow or is it really just not an option and I have to keep the PS4 app on my PS4 if I want to actually purchase another one of those cause if so that's really annoying and arbitrary as it's literally the only thing I ever usually get and can't be bothered with Genesis crystals and the like. If that's actually the case that's basically made my decision for me about cutting off buying any more battle passes since the PS4 torturously has to redownload the entire game plus new patch content every single time, it takes up way too much HD space as it is just to act as a purchasing hub for one thing, and I already have every single weapon on it now anyway and was considering cutting it off there anyway. :shrug:

Kale fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 8, 2022

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

one day, i'd love an event that just helps you complete 99% explored areas. a temporary treasure chest radar enhancement or something. please

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lazy_Liberal posted:

one day, i'd love an event that just helps you complete 99% explored areas. a temporary treasure chest radar enhancement or something. please
Most areas require a whole lot less exploration than 100% to be shown as 100% on the map - I was at 100% in enkanomiya with only 90% of the chests found for example. There are a few exceptions in mondstadt, the main one being starfell valley which is incredibly strict and has a few very stupid chests.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i think it's fine if they just never create another area that is as much of a clusterfuck as dragonspine. zero treasure radar, zero quartz radar, and a mechanic that is antagonistic to exploration you can never fully counter/dispel.

thankfully the anniversary event finally netted me the 100% dragonspine while also showing me all the quartz i had missed (so now i have a bunch i can't turn in, lol)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

not having a daily "find a chest/puzzle you missed" mechanic continues to feel like a missed opportunity to me.

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010

Kale posted:

e2: So I noticed that I can't seem to purchase a Gnostic Hymn from the Mihoyo Top-Up website when I went to renew my Welkin's Pass today. Am I just not seeing it somehow or is it really just not an option and I have to keep the PS4 app on my PS4 if I want to actually purchase another one of those cause if so that's really annoying and arbitrary as it's literally the only thing I ever usually get and can't be bothered with Genesis crystals and the like. If that's actually the case that's basically made my decision for me about cutting off buying any more battle passes since the PS4 torturously has to redownload the entire game plus new patch content every single time, it takes up way too much HD space as it is just to act as a purchasing hub for one thing, and I already have every single weapon on it now anyway and was considering cutting it off there anyway. :shrug:

If you made the account first on PSN, and then switch/link your account to PC, you have to buy your crystals on the original platform you made the account on. I found out when I tried to buy the welkin pass on PC, but it only let me purchase from my PS4 which is like you said, a huge hassle to keep it installed and updated on my PS4 (not to mention just the atrocious loading times for the PS4 version).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dragonspine needs to drop the temperature gauge thing already, I'd like to spend more time there without having to worry about it. It's such a dumb mechanic.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Radical posted:

not having a daily "find a chest/puzzle you missed" mechanic continues to feel like a missed opportunity to me.

adding this to surveys

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Can’t you just bring Bennett to sidestep the temperature gauge or am I misremembering that

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Stare-Out posted:

Dragonspine needs to drop the temperature gauge thing already, I'd like to spend more time there without having to worry about it. It's such a dumb mechanic.

As someone who spent about 8 hours yesterday going from 5 quartz to 79 quartz (just need the fox one) and completing all quests in the area - gently caress Dragonspine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

jokes posted:

Can’t you just bring Bennett to sidestep the temperature gauge or am I misremembering that

No, even if you're on fire you'll start getting colder if you're not standing near a fire or heat statue.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

jokes posted:

his burst is not listed as a heat source at least looking at the wiki. i still don't think "one character's burst can invalidate this if you stand in a small area for 12s" is any more meaningful mitigation than what most people already use (goulash, bottles, various torches etc on the mountain).

obvious answer is just have a warming seelie pet from some quest everyone can access as part of the Dragonspine stuff.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
I have no idea how anyone finds managing the Dragonspine cold mechanic to be difficult. There are torches, campfires, waypoints, and warming stations absolutely everywhere. It's a trivial barrier. I completed the area right after release and ended up having to intentionally let a character die to the cold for the achievement.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Pope Urbane II posted:

I have no idea how anyone finds managing the Dragonspine cold mechanic to be difficult. There are torches, campfires, waypoints, and warming stations absolutely everywhere. It's a trivial barrier. I completed the area right after release and ended up having to intentionally let a character die to the cold for the achievement.

nobodys saying its difficult its just pointless and annoying

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RareAcumen posted:

No, even if you're on fire you'll start getting colder if you're not standing near a fire or heat statue.

That’s loving dumb. aren’t there hot drinks you can make or something, at least?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Honestly the dragonspine mechanic was... alright? It gave it a unique flavor and added some challenge to exploration. The real problem was that there's no way to minimize it or remove it as you completed the zone so it's as frustrating as it was when it first launched.

I suspect any future iterations will be more like the electro zones in Inazuma, only taking up small parts of the map and/or going away once you finish up the regional quest lines.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's no difficulty, it's just a tedious mechanic that discourages free exploration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

jokes posted:

That’s loving dumb. aren’t there hot drinks you can make or something, at least?

You can make goulash, but speaking personally completing the quest which gave you the recipe for goulash was like... maybe the third or fourth last thing I did on dragonspine? So by the time I got it I had very little use for it as all I had left to do on the mountain was polish off a couple of unmarked quests and collect some crystals.