Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I brought my Drake posted:

I know we tell cats to eat the food, but how can I tell my cat to drink the water? She's on kidney food, she's getting another fountain (and maybe this time she won't be afraid of it), I've ordered HydraCare from Purina, and she eats her kidney food mixed with warm water from an elevated bowl. She even gets the same filter pitcher water that I do.

The crabcake in question.

Make sure the water is in a different place from the food. My two don't drink where they eat so we put the water bowl in a different room and they drink from that all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

a couple months back I put a big mug of water on my coffee table and Rokit jumped up and started drinking from it, then Lulu followed. now I just refill the mug twice a day because they’ve decided they like it better than their water fountain most of the time.

cats.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Bandit was diagnosed as having kidney function issues a year ago and refused to eat the kidney support diet. He's lost a little weight but is otherwise doing okay. He only eats wet food these days and loves drinking out of the bathtub faucet or shower.

I finally caught Bandit and Sundae sharing a Fort Warms. Had this one for over a year and Sundae never used it, but I moved it recently and now its her favorite spot. Because cat.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

One of my sister's cats loved drinking from a rabbit bottle or from the bottom of a glass with a cupped paw. He'd spent time on his own before adopting her, so I guess that felt more like outside?

Cats.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

both of the oranges like the water fountains we have (as does the dog), but rocco, in particular, likes to knock over water glasses and drink the puddle

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

a couple months back I put a big mug of water on my coffee table and Rokit jumped up and started drinking from it, then Lulu followed. now I just refill the mug twice a day because they’ve decided they like it better than their water fountain most of the time.

cats.

I did the same thing about 5 years ago. Now every morning my cat will sit on the back of the couch and stare at me until I change the mug out for a new one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rocco is also extremely fascinated by the toilet being flushed

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is the make/model of Fort Warms that everyone has? Is it the K&H Thermo-Kitty?

Thinking about getting one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What is the make/model of Fort Warms that everyone has? Is it the K&H Thermo-Kitty?

Thinking about getting one

yes k&h thermo-kitty small

https://www.chewy.com/kh-pet-products-thermo-kitty-cat-bed/dp/46572

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

tinsel is the thirstiest cat on the planet, no open container is safe, no toilet is safe. we give her ice cubes in her water dish as a treat and she reacts as if we've given her the finest cut of sushi or something.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I brought my Drake posted:

I know we tell cats to eat the food, but how can I tell my cat to drink the water? She's on kidney food, she's getting another fountain (and maybe this time she won't be afraid of it), I've ordered HydraCare from Purina, and she eats her kidney food mixed with warm water from an elevated bowl. She even gets the same filter pitcher water that I do.

The crabcake in question.

my friend feeds her old rear end cat bone broth, but she has to be careful when shopping because most of them have onions or tons of salt so she basically only buys one kind

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
easy peasy tinsel should simply give away some excess thirst to needy cats

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

catface's favorite way to consume water was by licking the condensation off the outside of a glass, preferably while i was also trying to drink out of said glass

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Radio! posted:

catface's favorite way to consume water was by licking the condensation off the outside of a glass, preferably while i was also trying to drink out of said glass

:unsmith:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Radio! posted:

catface was perfect

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

My cats are rapidly turning into cartoon characters, look at this!

https://twitter.com/SpookyWooky_/status/1490837852518699008

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

graph posted:

catface was perfect

:emptyquote:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is how I imagine every poster in this thread

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Duckwaffle posted:

My cats are rapidly turning into cartoon characters, look at this!

https://twitter.com/SpookyWooky_/status/1490837852518699008

Look at our dainty fancy feet mother.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Radio! posted:

This is also widget's drink of choice

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Pixel didn't want to eat kidney care chicken soup this morning so she got kidney care chicken stew.

Drinkwell fountain came today, I'll wash it up tonight and find a good place to put it.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i finished work and was coming down the stairs, and saw seville on the landing. i said "hey seville!" and he bolted. got down to the landing and there was a bag with 3/4 of a baguette in it he apparently dragged from on top of the fridge

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:3:

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family

majestic

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Winston heard me open the can of peaches for baby pony's snack tomorrow.

he no like fruit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
sound is a must

https://i.imgur.com/8krKPLq.mp4

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The first time I watched that I had sound on and it startled Alby who was on my lap at the time.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shifty Pony posted:

he no like fruit.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Hooman, there is no tuna on that list

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

longboi

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i'm fizzies

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

status: still upset about the tall goon visiting for the week

as a short person who has never before considered that some people are taller than fridges, I agree with her

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Endless Mike posted:

i finished work and was coming down the stairs, and saw seville on the landing. i said "hey seville!" and he bolted. got down to the landing and there was a bag with 3/4 of a baguette in it he apparently dragged from on top of the fridge

Lol, did he eat any of it? This fits in perfect with today's Facebook Memory™:

2/9/2012 posted:

So Artey was being extra-nuzzly this morning and wouldn't shut up. "Hm, something must be wrong." I thought. Sure enough, I found my loaf of banana/nut bread on the floor, the plastic torn open, with several cat-sized bites missing. It's like a child serving you breakfast in bed, or doing extra chores, afterwards saying "Ok, don't be mad, but I broke something valuable."

Cats and bread, man :iiam:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Couch crew

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Ofecks posted:

Lol, did he eat any of it? This fits in perfect with today's Facebook Memory™:

Cats and bread, man :iiam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZxlRebsV4A

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shifty Pony posted:

he no like fruit.

winston is a character

Underwater Shoe
May 26, 2005

an informative notation for your appreciation

cats are a good thing to have in your life :kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Boogalo posted:

Couch crew

When's the album drop?