Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I can't believe I'm only just realizing it, but... none of these right wing cartoonists have any idea what "gain of function" even means, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Discendo Vox posted:

It's quite accurate actually: it's Giuliani.

What are those things on his nose? Is Clay trying for an even more terrible caricature than his Trump?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
They're his teeth. It's probably the most exaggerated caricature of anyone in the thread. I kinda like it but it's also kinda terrible.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

And if Pelosi had said "Athletes, please speak out loudly about how bad and terrible China is at every possible opportunity," Branco would criticize her by saying she's putting them in danger because China will arrest/kill them.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Vib Rib posted:

I can't believe I'm only just realizing it, but... none of these right wing cartoonists have any idea what "gain of function" even means, do they?

It means fauci personally created the coronavirus, according to rand paul

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

They're his teeth. It's probably the most exaggerated caricature of anyone in the thread. I kinda like it but it's also kinda terrible.

It's also a bad comic cause it shows four shocked judges while in reality only Ken Jeong and Robin Thicke were actually shocked and walked off while Jenny McCarthy and Nicole Scherzinger stayed to have a chat with Giuliani.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

how often do people actually rob houses that have people in them

if i were going to do a burglary i would choose a house that i was pretty sure had no one in it

but that's also a point against the guns thing i guess so we can't have that

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Wow, six whole burglaries, a true record.

Also, this dude appears to be robbing a hotel room.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Reminds me of that one Asay comic.

It's so nostalgic to see people complaining about gay marriage. Remember when it was going to be the downfall of society, and now it's... podcasts or whatever.

This cartoon is too horny.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

Tyrants, depicted here dresses in worker's overhauls, steeltoed boots, and a hard hat

To be fair, as a self-declared libertarian, Garrison probably has strong opinions on OHSA.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

kartikeya posted:

What kind of hotel room would have :siren: HUNTER BIDEN'S ART :siren: on the wall

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

kartikeya posted:

The important thing is how much safer we’d all be in our homes if there were more Minnesota cops! Now to open the newspaper and see what else might’ve happened in Minnesota that’s made the news

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Shugojin posted:

how often do people actually rob houses that have people in them

if i were going to do a burglary i would choose a house that i was pretty sure had no one in it

kartikeya posted:

So I looked this up. To be fair, the claim is, in fact, that these were "occupied burglaries", that is done while the owners were home.
The city Branco doesn't mention is Orono, Minnesota... but the report also includes Minnetrista, so it's actually two cities, both in the same region near Minneapolis. The report comes from... "police". None of the articles I found even listed the spokesperson, and I guess without access to the actual reports we can't know more about the details or even accuracy than what "the police" said. From what I can tell, all those articles come back to an original CBS Minnesota article, but were brought to broader attention by Alphanews, an extreme rightwing rag with a "Faith" category for news.

The original article explains that these tended to be incidents of people leaving their garage door openers accessible somewhere, and the thieves used those to get into the garage, swept the garage/front room, and then left. They didn't even have to break a window or a lock. The thieves also generally didn't go any further into the house and nobody was confronted by or even noticed any of the thieves. They definitely weren't held at gunpoint in their bed, but I doubt anyone here assumed that was actually the case.
Both cities were recently listed among the wealthiest in the entire nation. As you can see in the following image, Minnetrista is actually incredibly safe, and in 2020 there were only 5 burglaries reported in the entire year.

So in conclusion, this was clearly one thief (or a group) hitting multiple houses in one night, not a rash of different criminals all cropping up. And by hitting multiple houses, it was probably just some dude realizing they all had their garage door openers in their unlocked cars. Or it was an insurance scam or some poo poo, I don't know. More cops wouldn't have helped because no alarm was ever raised. Even if cops were actively patrolling the area they'd have to follow this guy specifically, because anyone walking by would just see someone going to his car, opening his garage with the car opener, and going inside. Unsurprisingly, it's ultimately just pointing to a single-perpetrator outlier and pretending it's a trend.

It should also be noted, finally, that Minnetrista went to Trump in 2020.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

hosed up that they burgled one of the wealthier cities. Should've burgled one of the poorer cities, imo

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

"Socially Distanced"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Macron’s visit to Russia for Ukraine crisis talks with Putin – The French president, Emmanuel Macron, believes he can deliver ‘a historic solution’ to the Ukraine crisis ahead of his arrival in Moscow for talks with Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin" After Meissonier and The School of Fontainebleau.

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson says he 'absolutely' does not doubt Rishi Sunak's loyalty; Neighbours needs good friends to survive after UK network axes iconic soap

Matt:

Independent:

Boris Johnson sang ‘I Will Survive’ to new No 10 communications chief

Times:

Boris Johnson ‘not a complete clown’, says his new press chief

Evening Standard:

Pressure mounts on Johnson to apologise for Jimmy Savile remark; Jimmy Carr’s joke about Roma people ‘deeply disturbing’, says No 10

Korthal
May 26, 2011

That Macron cartoon sure is somethin'

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Reminded that those deleted podcasts Zyklon Ben is freaking out about were deleted because Rogan was freely using the n-word on them

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

the_steve posted:

It's going to be goddamn Hunny Bunny, and it's going to be all about the rabbits teaming up to crush the plucky libertarian before going after each other.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Republican villainy has descended into cartoonish levels. AGC

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Scott Morrison apologises to Brittany Higgins as parliament acknowledges past bullying and sexual assault (SBS).
edit: Actually I think it's this, happening today: Brittany Higgins and Grace Tame to speak at National Press Club after PM's apology (ABC)

Pope:

Scott Morrison is using the last parliamentary sitting before the election to push through his religious discrimination bill.Gay students protected, but trans students could still be expelled (SMH) "Faith-based schools would not be able to expel gay students, but would retain the right to expel transgender students under draft amendments to a contentious religious discrimination bill package that moderate Liberals say they cannot support."

Pope tweeted this cartoon yesterday as debates over the bill were happening (and are still going):

Labor's position was they offered "conditional support" to passing the bill depending what was in the final version. Since it looks like the Liberals won't have the numbers to pass it themselves it is up to Labor whether this gets through.

Wilcox:

Shakespeare:

Spooner:

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 8, 2022

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

SimonChris posted:

I love how happy the parents are :allears:

lol yeah if I were this kid I know I would be more happy with five siblings and a closeted dad

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I'm not sure if I'm

for this.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Look at this incredible efficiency in maximizing panels per story beat. This strip alone could have sufficed as the first strip in this series of finding out who the opponents are. Instead, this poo poo has been dragged out across an entire week of Carmen and Winslow looking out of the window and saying "Oh no" over and over again.

Dewey Dawner, eat your heart out. Real professionals are at "work" here.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Good news, I'm secretly clairvoyant and I can assure you it will amount to nothing and be randomly dropped as another nothing plotline crops up a couple mondays from now.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I thought Kevin was a senator and both rabbits were Democrats?

Anyway I'm glad Hunny Bunny is back because it was hilarious how post 2016 every time she turned up she would be upbeat and talk about the wild adventures she was having and then ask Carmen and Winslow to join her before they always snap back that no, they would prefer to stay in the desert and mope for another year.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

This is just the saddest ANY DAY NOW

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Technowolf posted:

Republican villainy has descended into cartoonish levels. AGC

The loving gall to be the comic infamous for "actually the people I don't like are apex predators and I, a prey animal, need guns to defend myself" and then turning around and saying that metaphors are childish, actually

To do that as any politoon is crass, but especially Mallard

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What kind of hotel room would have :siren: HUNTER BIDEN'S ART :siren: on the wall

The Secret Pizza Pedophile Illuminati International Hotel, obviously. Apparently it's in Minnesota.

Vib Rib posted:

So I looked this up. To be fair, the claim is, in fact, that these were "occupied burglaries", that is done while the owners were home.
The city Branco doesn't mention is Orono, Minnesota... but the report also includes Minnetrista, so it's actually two cities, both in the same region near Minneapolis. The report comes from... "police". None of the articles I found even listed the spokesperson, and I guess without access to the actual reports we can't know more about the details or even accuracy than what "the police" said. From what I can tell, all those articles come back to an original CBS Minnesota article, but were brought to broader attention by Alphanews, an extreme rightwing rag with a "Faith" category for news.

The original article explains that these tended to be incidents of people leaving their garage door openers accessible somewhere, and the thieves used those to get into the garage, swept the garage/front room, and then left. They didn't even have to break a window or a lock. The thieves also generally didn't go any further into the house and nobody was confronted by or even noticed any of the thieves. They definitely weren't held at gunpoint in their bed, but I doubt anyone here assumed that was actually the case.
Both cities were recently listed among the wealthiest in the entire nation. As you can see in the following image, Minnetrista is actually incredibly safe, and in 2020 there were only 5 burglaries reported in the entire year.

So in conclusion, this was clearly one thief (or a group) hitting multiple houses in one night, not a rash of different criminals all cropping up. And by hitting multiple houses, it was probably just some dude realizing they all had their garage door openers in their unlocked cars. Or it was an insurance scam or some poo poo, I don't know. More cops wouldn't have helped because no alarm was ever raised. Even if cops were actively patrolling the area they'd have to follow this guy specifically, because anyone walking by would just see someone going to his car, opening his garage with the car opener, and going inside. Unsurprisingly, it's ultimately just pointing to a single-perpetrator outlier and pretending it's a trend.

It should also be noted, finally, that Minnetrista went to Trump in 2020.

I deeply appreciate this effort post, and I even more appreciate the punchline. :discourse:

I also figure 'wealthy city' was stressed in the cartoon as some sort of racist dogwhistle, as if "think of the poor cops who are being asked to murder less black people" wasn't enough of one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Hell, same.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Reminded that those deleted podcasts Zyklon Ben is freaking out about were deleted because Rogan was freely using the n-word on them

Yes but you see that is censorship of his free speech and proves that liberal crony capitalists will cancel you just for saying some harmless racial slurs.

Trapezium Dave posted:

I thought Kevin was a senator and both rabbits were Democrats?

I don't know about the senator thing because I can't be bothered to remember much about Prickly City, fortunately there isn't much to remember in the first place. One of them will run as a Republican or something because of course Republicans have given up their morals and principles and are just as bad as the Dems now. At least until elections come up and Stantis switches back to "Well Republicans might be bad but at least they're not as bad as Dems, so vote Republican!"

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Gawd, can't we get through one surgery without doctors making political statements??

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Chip Bok

Tim Campbell

Jeff Danziger

<:mad:>

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Walt Handelsman

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

KAL

Brian McFadden

Result: HORNY

Jack Ohman

Rob Rogers

Jen Sorensen

Jeff Stahler

Scott Stantis

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

So, Trudeau was supposed to just stand in the path of a moving vehicle?

Tony Branco

quote:

Changing of the Guard Biden is changing our Border Patrol agency into a Travel agency transporting illegal immigrants across the country.
If the U.S. government brought folks in, then how would they be 'illegal' immigrants?

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Why did he just put two identical pictures in separate panels?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is some slight differences between the two but both Reagan and Trump are monsters.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

If the U.S. government brought folks in, then how would they be 'illegal' immigrants?

Search your heart, etc, etc.

That dude is fuckin' mad about his job suddenly requiring him to help people.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not very happy that Branco is holding off on whether or not Biden having his pants around his ankles is going to be a visual metaphor going forward or not

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Raised By Birds posted:

Jeff Danziger

<:mad:>
According to YouGov, Curling is the 10th most followed winter sport in America. It's no Ice Hockey or Figure Skating, but it's definitely one of the most popular sports and I don't understand why people are acting like it's this bizarre new fad. It's been an Olympic sport since 1998.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Epic High Five posted:

Not very happy that Branco is holding off on whether or not Biden having his pants around his ankles is going to be a visual metaphor going forward or not

It's a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Why would I want my car's brakes prosecuted? Should there not be any brakes on law and order? Like does that mean that trying to stop law and order is bad, it should just do whatever it wants, mows down whoever?

At least he's correct that "law and order" emits a lot of violent criminal activity, what with all the murders and civil rights abuses that cops commit. e: Also that the Dems don't actually want to do anything about all the murders and civil rights abuses that cops commit, just talk a bunch of poo poo about "accountability" while still shoveling mountains of money at cops.

Shut the gently caress up you idiots.