Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

excellent and thank you

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got a friend to play this and he's been having a great time but ran into a whopper of a big. He's on XB1, anyone ever heard of this?

Apparently he just talked to Ruby but upon leaving the entire world state has been reset in a bizarre way. He can pick up items he has picked up before, some people have changed positions (his church crew is back in their tent but the conversations are about naming the club) and the bridge looks like it should be up but acts like it's down (he can't cross it). Fast travel still works but doesn't help.

Worst part is it persists between saves! He tried reloading before the Ruby encounter and everything is still busted. Don't suppose there's some sort of secret fix anyone can think of?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Don't know if I ever reposted the first comment here here, but... worst case scenario, it's a repeat:

quote:

You blink, and the world is different than it was a second ago. The man sitting on the log before you suddenly more familiar to you than the bespectacled man at your side, quietly thumbing through the pages of his notebook, pen at the ready.

It takes you a few seconds to realise why, but the revelation hits you like the bullet you're almost certain THIS man fired hit Lely's biological off-switch.

You know him because he's you.

The you awaiting you if you refuse to let go. If you continue to chase the apricot shadow. If you continue to avoid responsibility for your ultimately self-inflicted woes through the medium of copious amounts of Commodore Red and speed.

This man is nobody. All that defines him is external now: his hatred for capitalism, for the killer (the OTHER killer, that is), the union, the world. His existence a mere caricature of living, given meaning by how the inner void attempts to deny its own existence by drowning itself in the world beyond those tired black eyes, never once looking inward and acknowledging the fault lines formed within.

No. Wait. You're not entirely right, here. There IS a difference between the two of you. A small one, but maybe the most important one there is.

You still have a choice.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

VROOM VROOM posted:

it's horrific beautiful

I don't wear ties, but now I sincerely want to buy the Horrific one AND a ceiling fan, purely for the purpose of just keeping the tie on the fan perpetually as a symbol of my sad, self destructive existence a decorative element.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I will never, ever wear a tie. but if I ever must, it will be this one

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In order to get into the harbor and talk to Evart, I found

Agree with Measurehead
Beat up Measurehead
Jump to where your cat is hanging from

Anything I missed?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

In order to get into the harbor and talk to Evart, I found

Agree with Measurehead
Beat up Measurehead
Jump to where your cat is hanging from

Anything I missed?

You can also steal an ID card off a sleeping guy in the Whirling in Rags

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Toebone posted:

You can also steal an ID card off a sleeping guy in the Whirling in Rags

You can, but it won't get you in. Or didn't on the patch version I tried. Or out, though the keycard to get out appears by Evrart's coffee urn if the time hits late enough for Evrart to be gone.

Measurehead can be a way of learning you can spend SP to delete thoughts out of your head too (but you do have to internalize them first.)

Tylana fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Feb 7, 2022

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

Tylana posted:

You can, but it won't get you in. Or didn't on the patch version I tried. Or out, though the keycard to get out appears by Evrart's coffee urn if the time hits late enough for Evrart to be gone.

Measurehead can be a way of learning you can spend SP to delete thoughts out of your head too (but you do have to internalize them first.)

Huh you’re right; I never actually tried stealing it because I didn’t think Kim would approve

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
It's a common misconception and one that feels like it'd be a solution considering how the game usually is. Does make me wonder if it was going to be one, but got half-written out.

The only uses IIRC are A) Show it to Measurehead and have him laugh at you. B) Pawn it (which seems... like a bad thing for a pawnbroker to accept.)

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Tylana posted:

It's a common misconception and one that feels like it'd be a solution considering how the game usually is. Does make me wonder if it was going to be one, but got half-written out.

The only uses IIRC are A) Show it to Measurehead and have him laugh at you. B) Pawn it (which seems... like a bad thing for a pawnbroker to accept.)

Well given the other things he's bought and sold and who he's sold them to, he's a pretty bad pawnbroker. Nice guy though!

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
https://twitter.com/discoelysium/status/1490702008147492868

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

•Has Kim always been this hot?

yes

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Hey, another meme expedition. Today I come bearing Disco Elysium memes:

(no, I have no idea what rick sanchez is doing in this one)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I finished a second run through of the game.

Cranked the electrochemistry up high but also didn’t let Harry drink or get high at all (I licked the rum stain). This made for a fun running dialogue of electrochem desperately trying to get me to use any mention of speed, phyrolidon, or magenta cocaine as an excuse to fall off the wagon hard. It also tried to get me to jerk off in the street in front of Kim which didn’t happen on my first playthrough. Needless to say it was a constant balancing act.

I made Harry into an ultralib because he hates taxes and the g man but had some commie sympathy. Otherwise we managed to avoid any Dora related sadness and even got to have the full chat with the big old buggle at the end. Game rules. I think I rung out every last drop of content I am interested in though so I am retiring from the police force. Disco Inferno.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*nods* Darkness rides.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

christmas boots posted:

*nods* Darkness rides.

It does, doesn't it?

Memes:
https://twitter.com/YaGrandmaPeach/status/1448968543257595906

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

I will never morally recover from this

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Finished playthrough number 3 HARDCORE. Became a high net worth individual, hosted a dance party, found a bug, failed at a major tie related check.

Hardcore isn't very difficult. When the bug bites me again, I'll have to be a very bad man.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Why is the angel on my shoulder dropping hellishly hot burns? I must not question his guidance, it is for my own good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Was there ever a point where Kim would wear the special jacket? I got an endgame line of dialogue about taking it off that wouldn’t make any sense otherwise.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Was there ever a point where Kim would wear the special jacket? I got an endgame line of dialogue about taking it off that wouldn’t make any sense otherwise.

In the newest update you can get him to wear the jacket but you are warned that if you ever take yours off so will he and that will be the end of it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Interesting. I only got the one of them this time and never wore it either way. Whatever

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
“ οῦ λόγου δ' ἐόντος ξυνοῦ ζώουσιν οἱ πολλοὶ ὡς ἰδίαν ἔχοντες φρόνησιν. „
~ Half-Light quoting Heraclitus, translating as "But although the account (logos) is in common (xunos), most people live as though they had their own thought (phronêsis)."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I haven't played the game since December 2020, I know about the added voice acting (along with the removal of the Chapo Trap House* voice acting which is a MIXED BAG), and vaguely about some added political identity quests, but THEY ADDED FAST TRAVEL?

That seems like a huge gamechanger that might fix most of my problems with the whole thing?! Any other quality of life improvements?

*and the brain-worms/Red Scare woman who is literally Klaasje IRL in my head.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's giving up a lot to be sure, but there is an option that lets you still play with the old VO. They just recast the podcasters when they went through and recorded the whole game for final cut.

The fast travel is, uh, honestly pretty limited and busted

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

VagueRant posted:

I haven't played the game since December 2020, I know about the added voice acting (along with the removal of the Chapo Trap House* voice acting which is a MIXED BAG), and vaguely about some added political identity quests, but THEY ADDED FAST TRAVEL?

That seems like a huge gamechanger that might fix most of my problems with the whole thing?! Any other quality of life improvements?

*and the brain-worms/Red Scare woman who is literally Klaasje IRL in my head.

In order to unlock Fast Travel you have to get the map of Martinaise from the bookstore. It lets you fast travel to three different locations Whirling in rags/Fishing Village/Church but you have to be at one of those locations in order to fast travel. Also it randomly stops working around day 4 or so.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

EorayMel posted:

“ οῦ λόγου δ' ἐόντος ξυνοῦ ζώουσιν οἱ πολλοὶ ὡς ἰδίαν ἔχοντες φρόνησιν. „
~ Half-Light quoting Heraclitus, translating as "But although the account (logos) is in common (xunos), most people live as though they had their own thought (phronêsis)."

Eh I don’t think that gets the fullness of it

Although the reason/meaning/ground/word is in common most people live as though they had their own practical / prudent way to be.

I think Heidegger used it this way:

Hence one must follow the Together in beings, that is, adhere to it; but whereas λόγος essentially unfolds as this Together in beings, the mass lives as if each had his own understanding (sense).

I’m thinking of it like this :

Although the ground is in common we each live as if we understand practically it isn’t.

Bar Ran Dun fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Feb 12, 2022

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I thought the fast travel is really nice and saves a ton of time not having to shuffle back and forth between the two halves of the map. Sure, I had to walk to one of the spots but it was still a lot less effort than having to hoof it all the way.

Unrelated, but holy poo poo lmao

https://twitter.com/corgihell/status/1492363716628652039

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

loving lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Nordick posted:

I thought the fast travel is really nice and saves a ton of time not having to shuffle back and forth between the two halves of the map. Sure, I had to walk to one of the spots but it was still a lot less effort than having to hoof it all the way.

LO, and I can't stress this part enough, L

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Nordick posted:

lmao gently caress

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Nordick posted:

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/APropellantYarn/status/1492499078395138052?t=TlBic-3f4Hzb7_mpujTK-w&s=19

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

https://youtu.be/awEOWrg2dRw

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Lowtax tweet just got a huge belly laugh out of me, lmao

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Holy poo poo.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
That last question near the end that just flabbergasts Kim, jesus christ.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Does the gamer ever acknowledge a Harry that's inernalised all 4 political thoughts? I know Kim will comment on your second highest political affiliation as well as your first if you've got more than one, but as far as I can tell there's no consequence being a completely politically incoherent detective.