Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It also won't get anything from the creature that gives itself a menace counter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Lmao, Jesus Christ.
There’s always a post.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
None of which were in this thread.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yeah man, those posts have absolutely nothing to do with you making GBS threads up this thread going “CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT COVID RELATED THINGS THAT ALSO RELATE TO MAGIC.” There’s absolutely no correlation there.

How about you, as others have said, shut tha gently caress up and stop posting, and ignore the posts about COVID like you ignore the facts about COVID.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 8, 2022

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Lone Goat posted:

I will not be prereleasing because we're still in a pandemic, and I'm not going to risk my health for 5/3/1 booster packs.

I will be skipping the pre-release because wizards has finally done enough to make me think they suck.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Perry Mason Jar posted:

lol

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pwease dont me mean to Sebby Webby he is just misunderstood

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Perry it looks like C-SPAM has broken your brain. I understand, it's happened to many

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Perry it looks like C-SPAM has broken your brain. I understand, it's happened to many

Oh I was going to tell ya about my title. Didn't happen in CSPAM! Was fallout from D&D discussion. I took an anti-Malthus position (pro-Malthus was probatable in CSPAM then fwiw, though I didn't know that at the time) which is what it's referring to. You might be shocked that whoever bought mischaracterized my position. Although it's easily fixed by changing "feminism and healthcare" to "population control" which was the actual topic but naturally they couldn't admit to that so they went with bullshit instead.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It was a weird 4 years for lots of us, and we prefer not to think too hard about it in retrospect.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

C spam posters can't afford redtexts. That's for the money'd D&D.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm not talking about the title I'm talking about the fact that you seem to exclusively post in climate change threads. Not healthy

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What the gently caress is a malthus?

I reeeeeally want to get high tide but don't want to be that guy going to time every round

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I always assume that SA D&D threads are about Dungeons and Dragons so in that case, I think Malthus is probably a dwarf fighter.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Oh I was going to tell ya about my title. Didn't happen in CSPAM! Was fallout from D&D discussion. I took an anti-Malthus position (pro-Malthus was probatable in CSPAM then fwiw, though I didn't know that at the time) which is what it's referring to. You might be shocked that whoever bought mischaracterized my position. Although it's easily fixed by changing "feminism and healthcare" to "population control" which was the actual topic but naturally they couldn't admit to that so they went with bullshit instead.

Goddamn you’re dumb

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm not talking about the title I'm talking about the fact that you seem to exclusively post in climate change threads. Not healthy

I post exclusively in the Climate thread and the Epstein thread. Brief forays into other threads. Actually I post in this thread, Climate, Epstein, and basically nowhere else on here.

ilmucche posted:

What the gently caress is a malthus?

Dead guy credited with forming the Limits to Growth argument. He's a favorite of eugenicist white supremacist billionaires.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
What’s you eat for breakfast

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I post exclusively in the Climate thread and the Epstein thread. Brief forays into other threads. Actually I post in this thread, Climate, Epstein, and basically nowhere else on here.

Like I said, very unhealthy

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Perry Mason Jar posted:

You're going to end up with a mental illness if you keep posting in those threads

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I appreciate your concern.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

TheKingofSprings posted:

You're going to end up with a mental illness if you keep posting in those threads

they've already been probated multiple times for covid denialism so

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Dead guy credited with forming the Limits to Growth argument. He's a favorite of eugenicist white supremacist billionaires.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Aranan posted:

I always assume that SA D&D threads are about Dungeons and Dragons so in that case, I think Malthus is probably a dwarf fighter.

Gonna go with this one actually

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Although it's easily fixed by changing "feminism and healthcare" to "population control" which was the actual topic but naturally they couldn't admit to that so they went with bullshit instead.

Oh I recognize this rabbit hole you're hinting at. Chatted at length with some anti-vaxxers for awhile as it became apparent it was the root of their belief system. For those spared of that line of thought it goes:

"Bill Gates has talked about how overpopulation will be a problem -> therefore he wants there to be less people -> which will be done via killing people -> which will be done putting chemicals in the water, chem trails, 5G, vaccines, etc. etc."

Granted, I'm not saying Perry believes all that, but that's one road where those bread crumbs go. It's dumb, but hey, people need movie villains.

Anyhoo, anyone drafted Kamigawa yet virtually? Seems like it'd be a blast, though I'm curious how complicated it gets with all the cards with twenty subtypes.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 8, 2022

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv
perry mason jar is the guy who showed us his pile please respond btw

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

it is frustrating to see anti-Vax passports being lumped in with anti vax and Bill gates 5g. it's also neither pragmatic nor moral to call people who disagree nazis. with that being said the something awful forums are not going to be an escape from covid discussion in basically any thread

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

it is frustrating to see anti-Vax passports being lumped in with anti vax and Bill gates 5g. it's also neither pragmatic nor moral to call people who disagree nazis. with that being said the something awful forums are not going to be an escape from covid discussion in basically any thread

Ok but we're talking about Seb McKinnen who was literally tweeting his support for the march of Nazis.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The World Inferno posted:

Anyhoo, anyone drafted Kamigawa yet virtually? Seems like it'd be a blast, though I'm curious how complicated it gets with all the cards with twenty subtypes.

I did a mock draft on 17lands and Azusa's Many Journeys was one of the uncommons for the first 4 picks

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Truly, it is the people who are distracting Magic the Gathering discourse on the website Somethingawful dot com by laughing at Seb for catching flak for publicly supporting fascists who are the real fascists

Really makes you think

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Froghammer posted:

Really makes you think

no no NO THATS NOT WHY I POST HERE STOP RUINING THIS

Also yeah, am definitely gonna crack a bunch of set boosters Friday.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Vax passports are fine and good.

Froghammer posted:

Truly, it is the people who are distracting Magic the Gathering discourse on the website Somethingawful dot com by laughing at Seb for catching flak for publicly supporting fascists who are the real fascists

Really makes you think

:same:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I appreciate your concern.

So the brain worms haven't taken everything from you yet, that's nice I guess

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

https://twitter.com/TolarianCollege/status/1491189857905147908?t=LuaUFzco0CRo9173B9yQnQ&s=19

I wonder what the strategy is for if/when they hit the saturation point but in the meantime I hope you're all excited for more Secret Lairs and what not.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

I wonder what the strategy is for if/when they hit the saturation point but in the meantime I hope you're all excited for more Secret Lairs and what not.

There is no saturation point. Anything can be doubled forever!

But really, the plan is to hit the saturation point, then sell it to another stupid company that will produce an astonishing amount of poo poo product in an attempt to make their billion dollar purchase pay for it itself in an absurdly short period of time. Then the game finally dies except for user created sets, which will be C&Ded instantly upon creation.

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 9, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

potatocubed posted:

Trad Games in a Time of Plague: A Covid Policy
That said, we feel we should make this clear: If you come into TG and start breaking out any of the 'covid isn't real' or 'covid isn't dangerous' conspiracy theories it is not going to go well for you. Our patience for that poo poo is nil.

If you want to talk about covid, there's a thread in GBS, and if you want to argue bitterly about it then there's one in D&D and one in C-SPAM.

"Supply chain problems aren't caused by Covid" is edging riiiiight up to the cliff of "...because covid isn't really a big deal" which is one form of covid denialism and get hit hard around here. Perry Mason Jar didn't quite say that exactly so I'll just make it clear that don't bring that poo poo in here still applies as a warning.

"Please don't talk about supply chain problems caused by covid" and "please don't talk about the magic the gathering man who thinks the right-wing march/truck drive/whatever in Canada is Bad" are both unreasonable requests for the Magic the Gathering thread. They're directly relevant to current events in Magic.

It would be lovely to hit people with probations for statements like "goddamn you're dumb" but when it's in response to conspiracy-theory-adjacent posting it's pretty hard to do that!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

"Please don't talk about supply chain problems caused by covid" and "please don't talk about the magic the gathering man who thinks the right-wing march/truck drive/whatever in Canada is Bad" are both unreasonable requests for the Magic the Gathering thread. They're directly relevant to current events in Magic.

Minor critique but the magic the gathering man thinks the right-wing march/truck drive/whatever in Canada is good, not bad

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

Leperflesh posted:

"Supply chain problems aren't caused by Covid" is edging riiiiight up to the cliff of "...because covid isn't really a big deal" which is one form of covid denialism and get hit hard around here. Perry Mason Jar didn't quite say that exactly so I'll just make it clear that don't bring that poo poo in here still applies as a warning.

It would be lovely to hit people with probations for statements like "goddamn you're dumb" but when it's in response to conspiracy-theory-adjacent posting it's pretty hard to do that!

I’m fine with taking a prob for that

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Leperflesh posted:

does it make a difference that they've been probated for that denialism multiple times in the past

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TipTow posted:

Minor critique but the magic the gathering man thinks the right-wing march/truck drive/whatever in Canada is good, not bad

oh right yup, that's a typo or whatever

flatluigi posted:

does it make a difference that they've been probated for that denialism multiple times in the past

Yes. I always look at rap sheets. I tried to find a post in this thread that was a clear repeat of those priors and in my own reading of them, I couldn't confidently do so. Another mod might see it differently.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 9, 2022

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/snxrou/hasbrowotc_q4fy_2021_financial_results/

Arena players in shambles. Paper Magic stays winning.
Impressive they doubled their profits two years ahead of schedule. Seems like it's probably not sustainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Probably, Q4 operating Revenue for WotC was down 22% yoy. Thats considering they had nothing in q4 20 and twobsets in q4 21. They bury it in the year being big overall but they're either allocating a bunch of costs to year end or Innistrad being a wet fart is more than just a meme.