Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Aardvark Barber posted:

No way they release it on MAR10 weekend!!!

I thought March 7 was the date the switch launched (and also the launch date of botw)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

hatty posted:

I want the Bomberman N64 trilogy

this

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
please reveal nude mario

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

man nurse posted:

I’ve got a feeling

FF 6 remaster is due out this month. What if that releases tomorrow, and the direct announces all six are now available on switch as part of the Direct

Mark it, Dude

And you have to buy them in one $100 package

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

bushisms.txt posted:

We're post genshin impact, they gotta go hard now.

I could be misunderstanding but Genshin isn't on Switch.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Sean posted:

It was supposed to be (it was even in a direct) but I think they mean genshin has basically taken the good parts of botw and put terrible monetization and waifus over it so people want to pay $1000 to get an unbreakable flame sword in botw2. Also it makes link look like a cute gerudo girl

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Not a dealbreaker necessarily. (Ok a little bit of dealbreaker).

I wouldn't mind playing a streamlined FF1. I always liked that game and it's D&D with numbers filed off class set-up. Is there any good throwback class-based RPG like that on the market? Not Octopath, I already played and beat it and sold it back (with a minimum of regret). I don't see myself replaying it, just need to listen to the music is all. No lie, it's definitely a top 10 maybe top 5 JPRG soundtrack depending on how you're ranking. I don't even want a lot of plot. Just some heroes in rather strict classes that you set out on a quest to kill monsters and then level up. I've come to the realization I'm no good with Job Systems, I say this while still having Bravely Default to finish. I checked out either the Fire or Earth temple, I can't remember. I should get back to it...

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Gimme FF Pixel Remasters, Persona and maybe some Earthbound / Mother news. You could literally print money Nintendo!!!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Not a dealbreaker necessarily. (Ok a little bit of dealbreaker).

I wouldn't mind playing a streamlined FF1. I always liked that game and it's D&D with numbers filed off class set-up. Is there any good throwback class-based RPG like that on the market? Not Octopath, I already played and beat it and sold it back (with a minimum of regret). I don't see myself replaying it, just need to listen to the music is all. No lie, it's definitely a top 10 maybe top 5 JPRG soundtrack depending on how you're ranking. I don't even want a lot of plot. Just some heroes in rather strict classes that you set out on a quest to kill monsters and then level up. I've come to the realization I'm no good with Job Systems, I say this while still having Bravely Default to finish. I checked out either the Fire or Earth temple, I can't remember. I should get back to it...

The saga final fantasy legend Gameboy games are close.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aardvark Barber posted:

From what I have heard regarding Metroid Prime; the first game got a remake/remaster and that was done months ago, we're not getting the trilogy. Assuming we learn about the MP1 switch version tomorrow.

Depends on which clickbait you read. Because one of the original devs had a whole thing about how it could never be ported ever

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oscar Wild posted:

The saga final fantasy legend Gameboy games are close.

How streamlined are the re-releases? I can deal with old-school bullshit, but I'll admit the touches of modern RPGs are nice.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Genshin Impact makes a great argument in favor of durability because it clutters your inventory with so many pieces of interchangeable trash gear that you’ll wish they would just randomly explode at the end of battles and save you the headache

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The Sean posted:

Yeah but it's one of the biggest games on the market now. I doubt Nintendo isn't aware it's so big while being a such a copy cat. They're gonna have to be very different mechanically to impress.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It'd be cool if this Direct included some info and a teaser on the next Xenoblade game, even though it probably wouldn't come out until 2023, or maybe 2025 if they got pulled over to help with BOTW2.

Maybe another demo for Triangle Strategy and you'll be able to carry progress over to launch, like they did with Octopath?

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Baten Kaitos collection. Do it you cowards!

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I heard from Paulie_Switchnuts in his usual reddit pre-direct leak that they're doing a surprise "available right now" release of LOST: Via Dominus Remastered. Very exciting.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I would kill all of you to bring Badge Arcade to the switch

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

100YrsofAttitude posted:

How streamlined are the re-releases? I can deal with old-school bullshit, but I'll admit the touches of modern RPGs are nice.

None, no quality of life changes, just old fashioned RPG. The first one is rough but the 2nd and 3rd have enough of a story and structure so they aren't that bad.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I hope Nintendo announce a port of Knights and Merchants finally

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

Chas McGill posted:

I hope Nintendo announce a port of Knights in the Nightmare finally

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Snake Maze posted:

Disco Elysium doesn't even have a jump button and it's supposed to be game of the year? :rolleyes:

They wanted to make sure euphronius got into the second area.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oscar Wild posted:

None, no quality of life changes, just old fashioned RPG. The first one is rough but the 2nd and 3rd have enough of a story and structure so they aren't that bad.

Fair enough. Throwing that on the old Wishlist then.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Augus posted:

Genshin Impact makes a great argument in favor of durability because it clutters your inventory with so many pieces of interchangeable trash gear that you’ll wish they would just randomly explode at the end of battles and save you the headache

This is a big reason why I thought it worked in breath of the wild. Most games you just stop caring about items or loot altogether like wow another gem encrusted handkerchief or set of consumable poison rear end darts to forget about in my inventory. But games like GOAT resident evil FOUR go to great lengths to make sure pick ups remain significant and fun. Zelda inching closer to that balance was a good thing imo

True, by the end you're probably drowning in good weapons and items either way. But still it takes a while to get there and the curve remains satisfying throughout a big portion of your playtime.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 8, 2022

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

Protip: don't pick up trash gear.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

American McGay posted:

Protip: don't pick up trash gear.

like genshin impact for instance

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fuligin posted:

like genshin impact for instance

:thurman:

Confession: I like the combat but the grind and character drop rates are loving BULLSHIT.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I would kill all of you to bring Badge Arcade to the switch

:same:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

:thurman:

Confession: I like the combat but the grind and character drop rates are loving BULLSHIT.

Yes. It's a gacha game

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I would take a cloud version of Persona 5 Royal. I'm not predicting it or saying it will happen, because I think if it was it would have happened by now, just that the Kingdom Hearts cloud games made me think it would be possible given the whole "P5R couldn't possibly run on Switch" thing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Persona 5 is literally a Playstation 3 game

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What knucklehead said P5R can’t run on Switch?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah I don't see why it wouldn't run on the switch when it can handle SMTV ok (but not great). People are saying P5 can't run on the switch?

I mean p5 strikers is on switch :confused:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I call that a bargain.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
On that note switch exclusive SMTV is literally the most modern/graphically impressive megaten game to this day, right? Unless I'm missing some spin-off or whatever

So yeah the take that it can't run a 5 year old megaten game is really weird to me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
P5 is literally a PS3 game. like have you seen it, it's cool looking but that's down to artstyle, not graphical prowess lol

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I foresee a release date for Fall Guys, if it's not out literally tomorrow.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

i'm pretty sure it was announced last year but, much like the yggdra union port, is japan only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
p5r can't run on switch because of the feature where you can rub the dualshock 4 touchpad in mementos to make purring noises