Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

i don't think anyone cares about speedskating except dutch people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
maybe the alberta war room can investigate all this foreign money flooding in to influence our politics, im sure jason kenney is just as concerned about american money funding pro-covid protests as he was about it funding environmentalism because he's a man of principle and not a reactionary hack

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

this thread became infinitely worse when americans started posting in it

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
we already covered this, we determined the shot was really good and bonus points should have been awarded.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Oct 29, 2022

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

how exactly would the left co-opt a protest that is calling for the removal of communist dictator justin trudeau while waving confederate flags all over the place

i'm sure some trots will try

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Danaru posted:

Defending the right wing attempt to burn down am apartment building after locking the exits, but in a leftist way. Very normal

vyelkin posted:

imo you're falling into the classic conceptual trap of conflating a tiny group of reactionaries with "the disgruntled working class" just because they claim that's who they are.

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 19:31 on Feb 8, 2022

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Terror Sweat posted:

This is an ample opportunity by the left to organize and communicate with the disgruntled working class and instead they are being demonized as terrorists. This just leads them to the conservatives. Workers complaining about material conditions should always be embraced man. There is an opportunity here that is not being taken.
I know a lot of truckers that are supporting these guys, and they're immigrants who have been shafted by this pandemic and the government response for a while now. Back when it all started, they had to keep working as essential workers and were treated like trash to keep everything running. Do you know how undignified it is to have to poo poo in a bucket because all public restrooms are closed and you have a multihour trip? These grievances pile up

Just gonna post this.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/convoy-protests-ignoring-real-hardships-truckers-face-peel-drivers-warn-1.6340263

You should read the whole thing, but the TL;DR is that truckers are loving furious at these wingnuts making GBS threads up Ottawa because it sucks the air out of the real actions they've been taking on real labour issues affecting them.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

huhwhat posted:

hi there fellow "idgaf about the olympics but wow look at those chinese"

hmm yess for every gold stolen from canada another lyin no good yellow bellied traitor ought to have a new york subway special done to them

not only was #14 canadian robbed of his rightful podium finish, he was dq'ed despite suffering blatant cheating from the hands of #43 chinese, all captured on camera!!!!! surely the corrupt officials must have been bought off by an aircraft carrier-load of xi-bucks

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/smq5ak/sportsmanship_shown_by_the_chinese_skater_in_the/hvyb13j/
https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/smq5ak/sportsmanship_shown_by_the_chinese_skater_in_the/hvyg1ql/

"ur the only person going against the crowd by not bashing china, how dare u reach an independent conclusion" but also at the same time "i have a naturally suspicious personality" :laffo:

the pride of canuckistan started poo poo first causing the chinese athlete to fall but what the canuckistani did not expect was that his own actions would cause him to eat poo poo too so the first thing the canadian did was head over to qcs and start :qq:ing at the mods

fake edit: lol the quote was sourced straight from the gibbis chinar thread, glhf on not the whole not importing american politics into canada thing, lol theres more dissenting voices on motherfuckin reddit than something is awful dot commie, lol that the op for the r/gifs post at least had the decency to delete the out of context gif after the truth was revealed but only the last two bastions of ~free and truthful (tm)~ information regarding chinar, gbs and r/china, kept the gif around

i didn’t read any of this but nice meltdown

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

sorry :(

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/thinktankSK/status/1490755275699236873?s=20&t=3U_2jgKPtbS8QpPQ3wlBiA

parochial rear end conspiracies

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

vyelkin posted:

maybe the alberta war room can investigate all this foreign money flooding in to influence our politics, im sure jason kenney is just as concerned about american money funding pro-covid protests as he was about it funding environmentalism because he's a man of principle and not a reactionary hack

that's actually a pretty smart question someone could ask! gotta phrase it so it sounds like buttering kenney up. "ontario just hasn’t built up the world class infrastructure alberta has for investigating foreign influence. will alberta lend its renowned expertise to the beleaguered residents of ottawa and show the ontarians how it's done?"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

actionjackson posted:

i don't think anyone cares about speedskating except dutch people

Waow! c'est tellement Marc Gagnon.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

CLAM DOWN posted:

ahahhaahhaahahah what the hell happened to these people's brains, is this like a long term havana syndrome or something

There's pretty compelling evidence that covid causes brain damage in a lot of cases.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We just need to find some common ground. It's all about the give and take.

Let's just agree that, say, half of the deaths in the bus crash were a false flag.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
a false flag for what exactly, to chop down trees at an intersection and put a man in jail?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

You know, I've changed my mind on this convoy. Someone should go down there and provide them all with some delicious, untainted, free meals.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

this genuinely feels like a reactionary, non intelligence coordinated attempt at a colour revolution. What happens will depend on if they get the support of major capitalists in Canada, which they probably won’t because major capitalists are the ones who want vaccination requirements

can you imagine how much funding, training (media or otherwise), and favourable mainstream news coverage these fringe right wing assholes would be getting if they were doing this against a government on america's shitlist lmao

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

mila kunis posted:

can you imagine how much funding, training (media or otherwise), and favourable mainstream news coverage these fringe right wing assholes would be getting if they were doing this against a government on america's shitlist lmao

Trudeau would already be fleeing to cuba

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mila kunis posted:

eagerly awaiting the juan guaido of the trucklefucks

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

there are no accidents, all deaths are false flags, humans are actually immortal

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whelp, looks like i won't be driving to london today lol

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

those lifts should be loving illegal, why should gravedigger be allowed on the road

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Loads of media and normies are using it as basis to throw racist remarks at the Chinese. It's a pretty good example how western media shapes discourse outside of the political sphere.

The Chinese are only capable of winning through cheating is the message here. It's important to 'care' since you should analyze all methods of propaganda instead of uncritically accepting western narratives like a d&d poster.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
bump

Futanari Damacy has issued a correction as of 14:09 on Oct 29, 2022

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you'd think, at the very least, that a group of burly rotund white as hell hicks would know how to bbq meat

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

this image is from the political geniuses at deviantart dot com

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Hungry Computer posted:

photoshop some goatse hands in there and you got a real banger

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Hungry Computer posted:

ugh, i saw this is on my Mom's facebook page today :smith:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

a primate posted:

those lifts should be loving illegal, why should gravedigger be allowed on the road

They don't have flaps like 90% of the time either.

Just a gigantic indicator that the person driving it is a piece of poo poo.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
To be fair I remember posting an article about GOP-adjacent PACs sending money north of the border to help out conservative groups in the Bush years. Crowdfunding sites probably allow more money to flow and are harder to track down, but it's a been an issue for a few decades at least. I suspect longer than that, but I've got no historical data to support that.

much like 1/6 there's no real organization here. there's a ton of money up for grabs, and some kind of nascent organization maybe forming with a lot of different people trying to influence this group, some for grift, some to shift canadian politics. if an organization spawns out of this that seems reasonably politically organized and focused on specific demands then we can talk colour revolution, until then it's probably going to fade away as lawsuits and legal battles begin to drain whatever money has been left on the table and hasn't been scooped up by the various rightwing opportunists and media personalities who have noticed that the show is over and it's time grab what they can

Cold on a Cob posted:

the working class truckers in ontario have been trying to raise money and support to deal with things like wage theft. last i checked their legal defense fund managed to raise like maybe 18k

meanwhile these mostly white owner-operators and chud co-conspirators are being funded to the tune of MILLIONS by american right-wing interests far beyond the scope our major political parties even raise locally

this IS different than a normal right wing protest. we've had HUNDREDS of normal right wing protests since the pandemic began, we know the difference.

Hadn't heard about this. Here's a movement that deserves everyone's support, money, and time that involves protesting truckers.

I can't find link to a legal fund, if anyone knows they're still raising money please post a link.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Feb 8, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dreylad posted:

To be fair I remember posting an article about GOP-adjacent PACs sending money north of the border to help out conservative groups in the Bush years. Crowdfunding sites probably allow more money to flow and are harder to track down, but it's a been an issue for a few decades at least. I suspect longer than that, but I've got no historical data to support that.

much like 1/6 there's no real organization here. there's a ton of money up for grabs, and some kind of nascent organization maybe forming with a lot of different people trying to influence this group, some for grift, some to shift canadian politics. if an organization spawns out of this that seems reasonably politically organized and focused on specific demands then we can talk colour revolution, until then it's probably going to fade away as lawsuits and legal battles begin to drain whatever money has been left on the table and hasn't been scooped up by the various rightwing opportunists and media personalities who have noticed that the show is over and it's time grab what they can

Hadn't heard about this. Here's a movement that deserves everyone's support, money, and time that involves protesting truckers.

I can't find link to a legal fund, if anyone knows they're still raising money please post a link.

I could tell in 3 microseconds why that wasn't funded.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Kindest Forums User posted:

Loads of media and normies are using it as basis to throw racist remarks at the Chinese. It's a pretty good example how western media shapes discourse outside of the political sphere.

The Chinese are only capable of winning through cheating is the message here. It's important to 'care' since you should analyze all methods of propaganda instead of uncritically accepting western narratives like a d&d poster.

Comrade, Sinophobia is the only lens that western media appears capable of viewing China through. That was never in contention.

The issue is that it is about the Olympics, which is and has always been solely about celebrating the grandeur of hegemonic powers. Anyone who views the Olympics as anything but the world's various empires jerking each other raw about how much money they can afford to waste is beneath contempt.

Therefore, I ask again, who cares.

The answer to my rhetorical question is morons. Only morons care.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

a microcosm of Canada as a whole, really

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cold on a Cob posted:

ugh, i saw this is on my Mom's facebook page today :smith:

:sever:

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Terror Sweat posted:

I'd argue it absolutely is. There are supply stations set up, barricades enacted, entrenched positions. These guys are set up for a long haul in winter, of all times. They've blocked off the border crossing, come on. You know that's impressive

All those things the OPS did for them. The outside supply station, arranged and given to them. The barricades, OPS setup. The police stand around and do nothing while they entrench longer every day. They parade ticket numbers on the news like it matters to the millions in US support they still have access to. The RCMP are the only ones that actively did something by confiscating the fuel supply on the weekend. Which was immediately undone by Monday as the OPS stood around and watched them walk in more fuel. 'Gas canisters could be full of water' was the OPS narrative as they watched them refuel trucks with 'maybe water'.

There's upwards of 1500 police handling this loving thing in Ottawa right now, cooperating and/or doing nothing about this. This isn't impressive, it's the police unironically providing support to fascists in our nation's capital. It's a very public warning to left organizations of any sort that the police have actively taken a side.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Possibly repeating myself, but I feel like things would be a whole lot different if the cops were handing out tickets from day one.

Given that exact thing deterred the protest in Quebec. Chuds act hard, but when faced with tickets they'd actually have to contest, I think a lot of them would be a lot less willing to be martyrs.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

yeah this thing is over as soon as the pigs decide it's over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

I just saw a herd of them headed west on the 417 slowing down traffic. they’d better be leavings and not migrating to the suburbs where my mom lives, jfc

saw some OPP squad cars near the sir John A, was just OPS last week. Maybe something is happening.

probably loving not though