Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Una is saying it's full and you might not be able to create a new character even if you get in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I heard from another goon that this was a good MMORPG.

Berserker looks like my style, but I can't seem to understand whether there is tanking in group content and the extent of it. Like, would I be holding aggro, or do you just have more defenses by default and the enemies change targets randomly?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zerker is kinda like a Fury warrior. You aren’t gonna be really tanking but doing rear end loads of DPS.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

ahhh lordy this game is just not for me

after 3 hours the plot is still incomprehensible and the world and characters just aren't clicking for me :\ the combat is pretty fun and creative at least, i like that very much! however, i can get the same crowd-fighting fun from other games. (i am also pretty burned on MMOs in general so even though the combat system rules, the whole format just doesn't feel good to me right now on a personal level. i was pretty excited, too! :smith:)

i will maybe revisit in a few months but for now i wish the rest of you good luck and a lot of enjoyment!!!

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Do Bard/Paladin support skills only work on people in your party or do they work one everyone?

Hobdodgeries
Jul 28, 2010
solid 7k queue and so far after 10-15 min its gone down about 2k.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
I had to wait a hour in queue for Una so I think your mileage may vary

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I still have to sit through work but after thinking on it I am probably going to start on Gunner, though I am still split on Gunslinger and Artillerist. This is one of those games where classes are genderlocked and I need to basically decide on character creation, right?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

I still have to sit through work but after thinking on it I am probably going to start on Gunner, though I am still split on Gunslinger and Artillerist. This is one of those games where classes are genderlocked and I need to basically decide on character creation, right?

Yes, classes are genderlocked. Gunslinger is female, Artillerist is male. It's very obnoxious and I don't understand why they don't just let you choose your gender per class.

[edit: vvvv thanks for the correction vvvv]

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 8, 2022

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Although that's the case they are adding carbon copy ish mirror classes. So there's a male and female gunslinger, but they haven't done the same for artillerist yet.

AtmaTheWanderer
Nov 6, 2003
FFXI Mithra Mangina
Pillbug
Well here's for crossing fingers this doesn't go as bad as New World...

... yeaaaah..

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

... yeaaaah..

Well good news Amazon isn't developing it and it's already been doing well elsewhere.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do classes have actual rotations and stuff later? I tried a couple in the intro void and it felt like all the abilities were very low-cooldown so I had to constantly mash with no real order to what I was doing. It feels weird compared to MMOs which have core combos surrounded by situational actions, or ARPGs which have only a few buttons but greater impact. Even TERA Online had a regular "here is your main 1-2-3 combo, here are your other buttons to weave in between them, here are your long-cooldown specials and ultimates".

The game is super-pretty and the skills are very extravagant though.

Tugboat Willy
Jun 9, 2004

Wiltsghost posted:

Una is saying it's full and you might not be able to create a new character even if you get in.
I got in after a while and was able to make characters.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
Gonna give this a go on the EU server, seems to be the current hotness. I'm awful at stuff like PoE so hopefully this is a bit easier to get into!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I swear if I wait for hours in this 5k+ queue and can't create a character, I'm gonna flip out.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I swear if I wait for hours in this 5k+ queue and can't create a character, I'm gonna flip out.

Not sure if it's applicable to your situation but i joined a 2200 queue 12 minutes ago and now it's at like 200. EU server.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

ahhh lordy this game is just not for me

after 3 hours the plot is still incomprehensible and the world and characters just aren't clicking for me :\ the combat is pretty fun and creative at least, i like that very much! however, i can get the same crowd-fighting fun from other games. (i am also pretty burned on MMOs in general so even though the combat system rules, the whole format just doesn't feel good to me right now on a personal level. i was pretty excited, too! :smith:)

i will maybe revisit in a few months but for now i wish the rest of you good luck and a lot of enjoyment!!!

Yeah I'm just plowing through the main quests because I really don't give a poo poo about the story or characters. The combat is cool as hell though so I'm sticking around to see how it works in the endgame.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Those who are in how are you liking your class of choice?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

HampHamp posted:

Not sure if it's applicable to your situation but i joined a 2200 queue 12 minutes ago and now it's at like 200. EU server.

It was 6500 when I started about an hour ago.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

queeb posted:

Those who are in how are you liking your class of choice?

I played gunlancer in the beta and it felt boring but I also didn't give it much of a chance and barely played past the first zone after Pridehome.

Level 16 scrapper now and it's fun as poo poo. Much better at least at this level.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AtmaTheWanderer posted:

... yeaaaah..

I promise this will not be New World. The original developer, SmileGate, is in control of all of the content and direction the game goes. AGS is helping a lot, but all of their feedback and changes have to be approved by SmileGate.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

acumen posted:

Yeah I'm just plowing through the main quests because I really don't give a poo poo about the story or characters. The combat is cool as hell though so I'm sticking around to see how it works in the endgame.

All I've managed to establish is that there's something about a tablet

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Did anyone else who hasn't purchased a Founders Pack try installing the game? I was hoping to avoid all the unpacking nonsense everyone experienced before full release on Friday but Steam is telling me the game is not yet released.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Number 7660 in the queue for Una...

Guess I'll check it again in a few hours and see if I can at least get through character creation and some of the intro area.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Mat Cauthon posted:

Number 7660 in the queue for Una...

Guess I'll check it again in a few hours and see if I can at least get through character creation and some of the intro area.

I'm 2200 in Una and was around 5500 an hour ago if that helps any. Also it's 5pm central time so I'm sure a lot more people are gonna be piling on as work ends.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gishin posted:

Well good news Amazon isn't developing it

this doesn't matter

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Got DCed right before the last boss of the third dungeon (which is really long)...

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Really digging Gunslinger. One goon was asking if classes had rotations and Gunslinger definitely lets you weave some as your "special" is actually just stance-switching between pistols (all-purpose), rifle (long-range), and shotgun (short-range aoe). I'm only two hours in but I already have a rotation of starting off with a rifle long-shot that kills most trash and slows bosses, running in with pistols, flipping behind my enemy and shotgunning them in the back, and then more pistols to finish the clean-up. If anything's still alive, evade away and reset with rifle.

They're rad early on is what I'm saying.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Well I have about 90 minutes until I'm at home, so I'm remoting into my PC and getting in the queue now at number 8400. Hopefully I've timed it correctly and I won't have too long to wait once I get there.

I made a sorcerer earlier today and I'm ready to nuke some stuff. Work is taking forever.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Memnaelar posted:

Really digging Gunslinger. One goon was asking if classes had rotations and Gunslinger definitely lets you weave some as your "special" is actually just stance-switching between pistols (all-purpose), rifle (long-range), and shotgun (short-range aoe). I'm only two hours in but I already have a rotation of starting off with a rifle long-shot that kills most trash and slows bosses, running in with pistols, flipping behind my enemy and shotgunning them in the back, and then more pistols to finish the clean-up. If anything's still alive, evade away and reset with rifle.

They're rad early on is what I'm saying.

Not that goon but thanks, I think I am sold now on Gunslinger.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Unlucky7 posted:

Not that goon but thanks, I think I am sold now on Gunslinger.

They definitely have a high skill ceiling -- possibly much higher than I can reach as, despite my talk of badass antics, at least 1 in 3 fights is me pressing the wrong stance-switch button from rifle, firing shotgun ineffectively as enemies close and then quickly scrambling for the heal button while I fumble around for which key swaps me back to pistols. ;-)

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Memnaelar posted:

They definitely have a high skill ceiling -- possibly much higher than I can reach as, despite my talk of badass antics, at least 1 in 3 fights is me pressing the wrong stance-switch button from rifle, firing shotgun ineffectively as enemies close and then quickly scrambling for the heal button while I fumble around for which key swaps me back to pistols. ;-)

But do you look cool doing it?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

m.hache posted:

But do you look cool doing it?

My avatar looks rad as hell doing it; me, I'm just a doofus in basketball shorts trying not to drop his keyboard or spill anything.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Dear Amazon, literally all of the US East servers are Busy or Full. Did you not count how many founders packs you had?

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

If you have Amazon Prime it looks like the first round of Prime Gaming knick knacks are available.

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491192632684466189

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Guess I'll see how I like Bard. The mage sure goes through a lot before the game starts, though!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Are the rewards for guilds significant enough that it's worth trying to find a built one to join with my friends or will we be fine with a 5/30 or 10/30 guild?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

admanb posted:

Are the rewards for guilds significant enough that it's worth trying to find a built one to join with my friends or will we be fine with a 5/30 or 10/30 guild?

They do help and if you are playing anyway you should be in one.

Also the Zerker is cool as hell. Doing a whirlwind is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

login screen looks great! maybe i’ll get through this queue sometime after midnight :)