Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Ran what I think is the first instanced dungeon just outside the first town. It matched me with 3 other people.

I was really hoping it would be a nice experience like dungeons in WoW where it actually helps to talk, even say "hi", and the mobs take at least a little bit of attention to deal with.

But no, as soon as it loaded one guy was already evading ahead into packs. Every monster died in 0.5 seconds and everyone burned mobility skills on cooldown to rush to the boss, which lasted maybe 10 seconds. Then it all ended abruptly. Whole thing took maybe 3-4 mins and it was even the "hard" mode. Honestly I couldn't even really see the other people's names or classes but that's partly because I'm still trying to focus on the hundred other little things going on.

Is all group content going to be like that? Or will there be things that take longer and actually benefit from communication?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The east coast goon server ended up being wild. I have a nearly 10,000 person queue right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Evil_Greven posted:

Dear Amazon, literally all of the US East servers are Busy or Full. Did you not count how many founders packs you had?

I just remind myself that a lot of people will go where the big Twitch streamers are, and those people are all going to abandon this game next week for Horizon Forbidden West, and then the following week for Elden Ring. The servers will stabilize and balance out quickly.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
yeah i'm in the low 8000s now after starting around 9500 twenty mins ago

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491200707005157377

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I've been loving it so far. 10/10 would take a day off to play the game all day again. And I'm glad I picked Bard. She's great and I'm only about two minutes behind my Shadowhunter friend at any given time.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there anything worth buying in the store with my fun bucks?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fadam posted:

Is there anything worth buying in the store with my fun bucks?

There are some really cute pets and mounts to get. And that is what it's all about really.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Tenacious J posted:

Ran what I think is the first instanced dungeon just outside the first town. It matched me with 3 other people.

I was really hoping it would be a nice experience like dungeons in WoW where it actually helps to talk, even say "hi", and the mobs take at least a little bit of attention to deal with.

But no, as soon as it loaded one guy was already evading ahead into packs. Every monster died in 0.5 seconds and everyone burned mobility skills on cooldown to rush to the boss, which lasted maybe 10 seconds. Then it all ended abruptly. Whole thing took maybe 3-4 mins and it was even the "hard" mode. Honestly I couldn't even really see the other people's names or classes but that's partly because I'm still trying to focus on the hundred other little things going on.

Is all group content going to be like that? Or will there be things that take longer and actually benefit from communication?

Basically everything that I’ve read says that the game gets good post-50, kind of like a Heavensward situation.

Of course they always say that so we’ll see I guess.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

I said come in! posted:

I just remind myself that a lot of people will go where the big Twitch streamers are, and those people are all going to abandon this game next week for Horizon Forbidden West, and then the following week for Elden Ring. The servers will stabilize and balance out quickly.

What I mean is... this isn't even the launch. This is pre-launch. When launch happens, poo poo's getting worse with an influx of F2P. There have got to be more servers.

The queue says if the server is full then you can't even make a character on that server. It's a 9k+ queue just to find out if it's full or not. This is disappointing so far.

e: queue dropped a lot when the other server was announce, finally got in.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 9, 2022

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Enjoying Scrapper, it's a shame I had to log out so I won't get to play it for another month

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So if I want to play a big sword lady, I'm out of luck, right? Only men are allowed to have big swords?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can sit around and wait for big spear lady later but no swords, just like guys cant cast spells

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
That's really stupid.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Ended up Berserker, I have no regrets.

Also after reading all the posts about thousands long queues, I am grateful to be in US-West. Had no queue at all.

Estel
May 4, 2010

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I am having so much fun!!! :woop:

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Endwalker vets laughing at these queues. Got this poo poo perfectly timed for when the kid goes to bed

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

MarcusSA posted:

They do help and if you are playing anyway you should be in one.

Also the Zerker is cool as hell. Doing a whirlwind is awesome.

Oh I get that -- I'm wondering if it's better to try to join a guild of randos to get near 30/30 or if we'll be okay with a small guild of only friends.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Anno posted:

If you have Amazon Prime it looks like the first round of Prime Gaming knick knacks are available.

https://twitter.com/playlostark/status/1491192632684466189

Thanks for linking this, I would've forgotten otherwise.

Finally got in on Una, set up my Warrior (soon to be Gunlancer). Customization options are much more robust than I expected, and I don't hate the story so far. Seems like a decent investment.

How are the controller options for playing? I don't mind doing the usual keyboard smashing but I wonder the controller would feel a bit more intuitive.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Gunslinger owns, it shits out so much damage everything just disappears.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

queeb posted:

Gunslinger owns, it shits out so much damage everything just disappears.

Heck yeah.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Mat Cauthon posted:

How are the controller options for playing? I don't mind doing the usual keyboard smashing but I wonder the controller would feel a bit more intuitive.

Seems mostly good so far, if not better than m&k. Ground targeted abilities suck though. They do have autoaim but you don't always want it there!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You can sit around and wait for big spear lady later but no swords, just like guys cant cast spells

Guys can cast spells! As long as they're holy spells, and the guy is a Paladin

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Using the controller to move is so much better.

It’s not perfect but the controller support is pretty good. This is going to be perfect on the steam deck especially because the deck has a built in mouse pad and the game pops up a decent on screen keyboard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

I am having so much fun!!! :woop:

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I've already tuned out the story so far... still, combat is fun and abilities feel good and impactful! Ladon didn't have queue times but guess that might change when I log back in later.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The combat is really fun but I'm kind of already fatigued of clicking through NPC dialogue to progress quests. I knew going in that this isn't A Diablo but I sorta wish it was and I could just go out and smash things.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is there anyway to turn off this horrendous chromatic abboration effect

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Mat Cauthon posted:

Also interested in this. Having both carpal and cubital makes movement in these types of games painful and wondering of gamepad might be better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Also interested in this. Having both carpal and cubital makes movement in these types of games painful and wondering of gamepad might be better.

The movement is so much better with a controller. It’s gonna take some getting used to with the skills but it’s not too dissimilar to FFXIV where you hold RB+face key or LB+Face key.

Also it’s pretty customizable from what I saw so you can make it work for you.

Some of the UI has issues but it’s doable and overall isn’t too frustrating.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

MarcusSA posted:

The movement is so much better with a controller. It’s gonna take some getting used to with the skills but it’s not too dissimilar to FFXIV where you hold RB+face key or LB+Face key.

Also it’s pretty customizable from what I saw so you can make it work for you.

Some of the UI has issues but it’s doable and overall isn’t too frustrating.

Nice!! Gonna order one and give it a try. Only played 2hr or so today and my hand is back to being an immobile hook due to having to click and steer with my house hand in triggering pose nonstop

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
Guess I'll give this a shot, looks neat.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Huh, this is actually pretty good.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Just popping back in for a sec to say Archer feels great. The charged shot is exactly how a linear archer AOE should feel and sticking someone with an explosive arrow then slowly walking away from the explosion is action movie poo poo. Ok back to lighting dudes up with arrows.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Started Soulfist, did prologue. Rolled Shadowhunter, and it feels a lot smoother. I might do this prologue a few times just to try some classes.

e: In the test area, I didn't care for Deathblade. Did like Wardancer, Scrapper was ok. Like paladin, berserker is ok, didn't like gunlancer though. Not sure how representative these test areas are for actually doing skills though; Soulfist felt better in the prologue than the test area.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 9, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

So if I want to play a big sword lady, I'm out of luck, right? Only men are allowed to have big swords?

Right now, yeah, but they announced lady berserker at their last big event. So, someday!

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ended up at level 34 after about 8 hours, but I also was doing some rapport, chain quests, etc instead of just tunneling the msq. Wardancer is pretty fun once you have enough aoe abilities to rotate between them all.

I died once to a giant fire breathing demon-dragon because after each phase you are supposed to run to the next platform before he incinerates the area you were on with no real indication of what to do. And then again when I was supposed to be wearing an evil clown costume but took it off to kill something and it turns out all the clowns instakill you if they aggro you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitch.tv/omgitsbees streaming on twitch right now! I have twitch drops enabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Boo queue on Mari. I guess this is what I get for trying to sign on during West Coast primetime.