Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zurtilik posted:

Honestly, even if the actors gladly consented and got paid whole boats of money I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the same handful of movie stars just exist in perpetuity forever. Like I enjoy Samuel L Jackson, but do I need or want him being a regular movie star into 2085?

It is the future, they've been talking about doing things like that forever.

I remember watching an episode of Nova back in the mid-90's about that project where they took a cadaver and basically just sliced tiny plains off of him and scanned it for science. I just remember one of the guys working on the project saying that they could use him in Hollywood because you can make him bleed a lot.

It really only is a matter of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

For more on the subject, please see the 1981 film Looker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tiDwnwZjlg

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Zurtilik posted:

Honestly, even if the actors gladly consented and got paid whole boats of money I'm not sure I want to live in a world where the same handful of movie stars just exist in perpetuity forever. Like I enjoy Samuel L Jackson, but do I need or want him being a regular movie star into 2085?

I agree but I think this is inevitable unfortunately. One of the the things I enjoy about film is seeing actors I like taking on different roles as they age and sometimes playing against type. Also newcomers rolling in and making a name for themselves. I never entirely understood bothering to de-age actors unless you're doing a period piece that covers a lot of years in the same film and even then it's hit or miss.

I also don't understand making up a beautiful glamorous performer to be unattractive when I'm sure there are a lot of good actors who are lacking in the looks department that could do the role. Charlize Theron was great in Monster but I thought it was weird to take gorgeous actor and make her up to look frumpy. Why not just cast a good, plain looking person?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Hey, the James Dean estate already consented a digital recreation of him being used in a movie, why not bring back all the stars of yesteryear? Get ready to see Marlon Brando play Jor-El for eternity!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I only support this technology for Vincent Price doing audiobooks.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I found out the same time Steve did about the Hamill AI voice. Jesus gently caress, that voice was hot trash. Like I’m kiiinda whatever for the Luke and Grogu bits, maybe stick em in Mando proper but never do this dumb voice poo poo again ever. The technology ain’t there!

Man can we let things age and get old and new things happen. I liked how the Book of Bubba the Love Fett was going, even the Mando detour episode was fine, but this? Outside of the end western bit, no thanks.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zurtilik posted:

I only support this technology for Vincent Price doing audiobooks.

Why do you want to put Maurice LaMarche out of a job

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
UPDATE: I would watch Unsolved Mysteries with a cartoon Robert Stack. But that's it!

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Im only up through episode 3 of Bubba Friend and like, it's ok? I get that Star Wars nerds are going to nerd out about a Star Wars thing but I've been decently entertained by it so far. This Luke Skywalker poo poo has to end though. I really hated the end of Mando S2 because it was what, half a dozen of the galaxies biggest badasses just staring at a door for several minutes while a CGI mark hamill sliced up all of the dark troopers. I didn't know what the gently caress a dark trooper was up until then but the internet told me they are super badasses and I would have liked to have seen Mando and friends take them on! Instead we get deus ex skywalker to swoop in and handle all of them; mostly off screen!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Dammit! All the reinvigorated talk about CGI actors and it's too late to submit Simone for LRM.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I liked seeing R2-D2 :shrug:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

My Neil Breen discovery led me down a rabbit hole of some other similar podcasts to WHM but none of them are as good IMO.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Iron Crowned posted:

I remember watching an episode of Nova back in the mid-90's about that project where they took a cadaver and basically just sliced tiny plains off of him and scanned it for science. I just remember one of the guys working on the project saying that they could use him in Hollywood because you can make him bleed a lot.

I guess Bill Hicks' "terminally ill stunt people" bit was closer to reality at the time than he thought

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Iron Crowned posted:

I liked seeing R2-D2 :shrug:

Sure but R2’s ai voice is pretty ghoulish.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1491079391924744193

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I woke up thinking about Eric's bit about everything at an office potluck having cum in it :lol:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1490834422341505024?s=20&t=tkl33Tm5V3M8v31y7pNE7w

Mando's not in his own drat show, Spider-Man can't gently caress, this is the state of our country

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Listening to their description of their episode I think it's less Disney trying to sink the original Lucas characters in favor of the Disney-created characters and more David Filoni desperately trying to make you care about his pet characters and Disney trying to create hype for the next Star Wars product. Like I wouldn't be surprised if every spin-off has a bunch of episodes and words hyping up the next Star Wars spin-off. The Kenobi Show trying to hype of the fans for the Young Kylo Ren spinoff, then Young Kylo Ren building up excitement for the Kit Fisto spinoff and so on and so forth.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Like they said in the previous episode, the Marvelization of Star Wars.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Man oh man. Not really WHM related but this Neil Breen rabbit hole has kept me quite entertained to about a week now

My 11 year old son is interested in making and directing movies so I work with him a little on things like framing, lighting and acting. He has a decent eye for good shots and effective scenes but he's shy with public speaking of any sort. I showed him some Breen highlight reels to give him the opposite examples of exactly what NOT to do and he was dying laughing.

He watched the Jim commits suicide scene in Fatal Findings and said he could do a better job acting. SO I pretended to be dead and you know what? He WAS better than Neil in our little living room scene.

I'm hoping it will give him some confidence

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Listening to A More Civilized Age podcast, which covers the Clone Wars cartoon, tells you basically everything about Dave Filoni. In the commentary of an episode where a named clone character is grappling with if he has the possibility of leaving the war or not, Dave goes on about how much effort he put into recreating the loving holographic chess game from A New Hope down to the stop motion detail. It appears in the background of a scene and when George Lucas saw it he thought it looked like poo poo.

If he's got creative control on Mandalorian and BoBF, then that explains a whole lot.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was supposed to be a jumping off point for that CGI creation becoming a digital actress. Even got her shoved into Maxims Hot 100 Babes or whatever as a publicity stunt. What a time to be alive.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

EDIT:Nvm.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 9, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe not the place to share that, even if WHM related.

E: your heart is in the right place

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

teen witch posted:

Maybe not the place to share that, even if WHM related.

E: your heart is in the right place

Yeah, you are right. Removed it.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Can't believe the guys and Jenn K. were so resistant to the idea of chilled candy bars. A nice Reese's peanut butter cup or Milky Way from the fridge is awesome. :btroll:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

SilentChaz posted:

Can't believe the guys and Jenn K. were so resistant to the idea of chilled candy bars. A nice Reese's peanut butter cup or Milky Way from the fridge is awesome. :btroll:

Fridge is fine, freezer is some madman poo poo.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I put Reese’s, junior mints and Kit Kats in the freezer.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

weekly font posted:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was supposed to be a jumping off point for that CGI creation becoming a digital actress. Even got her shoved into Maxims Hot 100 Babes or whatever as a publicity stunt. What a time to be alive.

Zurtilik posted:

It's like the man himself, George Lucas has been saying for years: Sebulba IS available.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
In a ziploc bag.

...In the freezer *wacky guitar*

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thin mints > freezer = :discourse:

Also if you're a 70 year old man like I am with access to Charleston Chews they're pretty bangin out of the freezer too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

teen witch posted:

Fridge is fine, freezer is some madman poo poo.

When I was working in a movie theater in the mid 2000s we sold Reese's bites. We would intentionally rip the bag to write it off as a loss, stick it in the little drawer that collected popcorn residue under the popcorn case so it would melt and then put it in the ice machine to freeze it into one big block. Felt good eating that the weekend I was getting my wisdom teeth in.

In conclusion frozen candy is great, it says so right on the Charleston Chew wrapper.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

All chocolate is better cold, ideally frozen. This is a hard fact.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Freezing my Nutrageous bars so the caramel layer inside shatters just before it melts, them's good eats :yum:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I've seen grocery stores and convenience stores have candy bars like Snickers in the freezer section so you can get them frozen candy bars.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

I've seen grocery stores and convenience stores have candy bars like Snickers in the freezer section so you can get them frozen candy bars.

Those are actually ice cream, and pretty tasty.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
They make "thin" peanut butter cups that come in a resealable bag and I'm convinced their purpose is to be frozen and eaten because it's just the right amount that no layer gets too hard and it snaps in one bite.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Iron Crowned posted:

Those are actually ice cream, and pretty tasty.

They have those but I've seen them do this with the actual candy bars too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

weekly font posted:

All chocolate is better cold, ideally frozen. This is a hard fact.

I don't want this to go unappreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Does anyone know which mailbag is the one with all of the guys' wives? I was trying to find it last night by search and could not.

I ended up listening to their Friday the 13th reboot episode and that poo poo is gold, Jerry!