Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

it owns that his posting became so powerful he got banned, but he still posts anyway despite only a handful of chuds and insane ppl like us reading this

how do u even get to the source of these posts? i never know which ones are real and which ones are fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the rei podcast is funny but less funny to me since everything i interact with professionally has been doing pronoun and unceded lands intros for like 2 years or something

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
and while the onslaught of compulsory EDI meetings has ended for now, the trainings continue as does ensuring that everything is framed "through an edi lense" .. forever. :amen:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Smythe posted:

it rocks that the dems and libs keep trying to boost stacey abrams kuz she is dumb as bricks and keeps getting owned lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

my bony fealty posted:

nobody knows poo poo and that's half the fun!

im finally reading The Three Body Problem and it is not what I expected. mostly enjoying it though. unless the last 25% of the book absolutely sucks I'll go on to the next one.

It ends pretty great.

The second book is OK but not as good.

The third book whips serious rear end.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

It ends pretty great.

lol that post was supposed to go in the ufo thread whoops. glad to hear I should stick with it.

rei poo poo is funny, reminds me of my former employer holding some kind of open forum for gusanos during the Cuba frenzy last year and these people whose grandparents owned sugar plantations or whatever coming on camera and first doing pronouns before decrying the poor Cuban people, enslaved by the evil Castros for so long

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PostNouveau posted:

It ends pretty great.

i thought the second book was the best and the third was the worst. the last half of the third is kinda nerdy fun but the story isnt great imo

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
https://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/1491158989429968896

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

and while the onslaught of compulsory EDI meetings has ended for now, the trainings continue as does ensuring that everything is framed "through an edi lense" .. forever. :amen:

edi deez nuts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

fart simpson posted:

i thought the second book was the best and the third was the worst. the last half of the third is kinda nerdy fun but the story isnt great imo

Third book is rife with misogyny but it finally converts on the promise of a galaxy-spanning epic like the series always promised. I loved the third one.

I didn't much care for Luo Ji, which really put a damper on the second book. Although the reveal of what he's really been up to for like 80 years is amazing

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Watched the beautiful documentary of the power of the Soviet armored divisions during WW2, T-34, and how the Red Army vastly outskilled the Nazis. Unfortunate the Soviet hero didn't bury a bullet in the Nazi tank commander's brain at the end, though. Very impressive tanks that could drift. America has failed at making action movies.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If these are the tanks everyone is yelling about you can count me as a tankie

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

holy poo poo that's hysterical

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lol good, gently caress Bennett

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

ex post facho posted:

lol good, gently caress Bennett

any poll with a generic republican or democrat you might as well throw in the trash. Bennett is basically the definition of generic democrat.

and while your at it throw the rest of the polls in the trash too

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Volker Shock 2! Volker Shock 2!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

goddam it Joe Chipotle!! do something!!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

It ends pretty great.

idk i thought 3bp was a little too nihilistic for my tastes

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is "from X traditional lands" a new thing now?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Nichael posted:

The name DELAWARE was given to the people who lived along the Delaware River, and the river in turn was named after Lord de la Warr, the governor of the Jamestown colony. The name Delaware later came to be applied to almost all Lenape people. In our language, which belongs to the Algonquian language family, we call ourselves LENAPE (len-NAH-pay) which means something like “The People.” Our ancestors were among the first Indians to come in contact with the Europeans (Dutch, English, & Swedish) in the early 1600s. The Delaware were called the “Grandfather” tribe because we were respected by other tribes as peacemakers since we often served to settle disputes among rival tribes. We were also known for our fierceness and tenacity as warriors when we had to fight, however, we preferred to choose a path of peace with the Europeans and other tribes.

Many of the early treaties and land sales we signed with the Europeans were in our people’s minds more like leases. The early Delaware had no idea that land was something that could be sold. The land belonged to the Creator, and the Lenape people were only using it to shelter and feed their people. When the poor, bedraggled people got off their ships after the long voyage and needed a place to live we shared the land with them. They gave us a few token gifts for our people’s kindness, but in the mind of the Europeans these gifts were actually the purchase price for the land.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

i got bad news about the lands

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

all of em. all the lands. i got bad news about lands

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nichael posted:

no

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

hit me with the bad lands news

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ram dass in hell posted:

what happened to lands???

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Nichael posted:

it is, at least the land acknowledgement is, so much so i've heard federal government employees in DC give them

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

doing the traditional lands thing in europe but with some dumbass duchy

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hit me with the bad lands news

when g*d created the heavens and earth he also created two punishments for the wicked, one called hell and one called "the reserved list"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hope this clears up any union questions

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

fart simpson posted:

1st book was weird but still enjoyable.

2nd book introduced a philosophical concept i never even considered before and really scared me with its implications. So ya, really liked the 2nd one, but the girlfriend stuff was really strange and i dont know why its in the story

3rd kinda went nuts with the main concept from the 2nd but i also enjoy stories that go for it and this one certainly went for it

Overall a pretty cool series

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

it rocks that the dems and libs keep trying to boost stacey abrams kuz she is dumb as bricks and keeps getting owned lol

sitting there while joe biden shoots down her as VP on live TV is up there in top 10 political humiliations along with basically what trump did to chris christie

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

this is worth like $500 lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dreylad posted:

this is worth like $500 lmao

any of the ones with blue are over a grand now lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

sitting there while joe biden shoots down her as VP on live TV is up there in top 10 political humiliations along with basically what trump did to chris christie

It’s even funnier when you realize that either (1) he lied to her to create the expectation, or (2) she’s so dog poo poo stupid she thinks vp nod would really be given out as a ‘surprise’ tv moment

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

any of the ones with blue are over a grand now lol

yeah i sold all my old cards this summer it's insane.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nichael posted:

hope this clears up any union questions

lol is this Rei woke pinkertons?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Watched the beautiful documentary of the power of the Soviet armored divisions during WW2, T-34, and how the Red Army vastly outskilled the Nazis. Unfortunate the Soviet hero didn't bury a bullet in the Nazi tank commander's brain at the end, though. Very impressive tanks that could drift. America has failed at making action movies.

What's the documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s even funnier when you realize that either (1) he lied to her to create the expectation, or (2) she’s so dog poo poo stupid she thinks vp nod would really be given out as a ‘surprise’ tv moment

biden's a piece of poo poo but it is funny when he owns his own party by going off script.