Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
ants

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Goons Are Great posted:

hey dads how is hanging over here, I've been gone for a while and now I'm back so did I miss anything here or in the world because I was also gone from the world
no it's all been quiet and uneventful, don't worry!

lol

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

drat I love those

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

:neckbeard: it's great to see you! how are things?

things are unironically good for once! After almost a year of hospital posting and now after three months of not being at home at all I'm leaving today and going home and I have so many oreos to eat at home it's irresponsible

It's been a wild ride this past two years almost now, mainly because I had so much cake, like, I'm legally worried I'm getting sued for being mostly made out of cake

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Goons Are Great posted:

things are unironically good for once! After almost a year of hospital posting and now after three months of not being at home at all I'm leaving today and going home and I have so many oreos to eat at home it's irresponsible

It's been a wild ride this past two years almost now, mainly because I had so much cake, like, I'm legally worried I'm getting sued for being mostly made out of cake
oh wow, that is amazing news you're going home and have cake. hospitals look like they would suck rear end to live in, even in more peaceful times.

we're not in many of the same threads aside from this one so i never learnt the clinical details of what you're going through, but i've heard enough to know it's been hell for you. it's fantastic that things have become unironically good again, i pray they keep on getting better from here for you. (forums are weird because you just kind of... stumble across nuggets of your friends' intimate personal history while cruising around looking for information on ants or crabs or whatever. as if one's irl friends just left handwritten diary pages lying around in public for the purpose of being chanced upon by people who know them. maybe irl should work like that.) you are always so kind and uplifting to everybody, you are a delight and i love you too! :h:

Goons Are Great posted:

drat I love those
they're important.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Goons Are Great posted:

drat I love those

if being made out of cake is wrong, i don't want to be right

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

the super long story short is that I got cancer at my baby age of 24 and then I got treatment that hosed up my everything and then I lost weight to a point where it turned almost lethal and then I had to spend a year to fix that and now I'm only around 4 years of recovery and eating 3500 calories a day away from having a healthy goon weight which is probably like 40% above normal person healthy weight anyways and yeah

now I'm going home finally and for the first time in two years now at the baby age of 26 I don't have another inpatient schedule coming up and instead I can move houses and cities and start something entirely new away from all the sickness that this world tends to be

what I'm saying is im switching planets and become an alien ama

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

also you won't believe what kind of crazy support this dead rear end gay gently caress fest of a forum has been over all this time and now that stuff is looking up again I'm proud and happy to be posting with all of you nerds and please get some cake for me today because seriously I'm bursting right now help

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
i am glad that you're doing okay!!!

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Goons Are Great posted:

the super long story short is that I got cancer at my baby age of 24 and then I got treatment that hosed up my everything and then I lost weight to a point where it turned almost lethal and then I had to spend a year to fix that and now I'm only around 4 years of recovery and eating 3500 calories a day away from having a healthy goon weight which is probably like 40% above normal person healthy weight anyways and yeah

now I'm going home finally and for the first time in two years now at the baby age of 26 I don't have another inpatient schedule coming up and instead I can move houses and cities and start something entirely new away from all the sickness that this world tends to be

Gonna make my first post in this thread to say extremely congrats and also cool av I love Butt Detective

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
For too long, Americans affected by directed energy attacks have struggled and fought to access the care they need and deserve to get well.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Goons Are Great posted:

also you won't believe what kind of crazy support this dead rear end gay gently caress fest of a forum has been over all this time and now that stuff is looking up again I'm proud and happy to be posting with all of you nerds and please get some cake for me today because seriously I'm bursting right now help

These stupid forums are simultaneously the dumbest and best place on the internet

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

exmarx posted:

For too long, Americans affected by directed energy attacks have struggled and fought to access the care they need and deserve to get well.

the negative energy you direct at americans in your posts could most definitely be weaponized into giving people brain damage

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

These stupid forums are simultaneously the dumbest and best place on the internet

Yep. For all of the faults of this place there's no other place that's better.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica

Goons Are Great posted:

that is so good that finally you're in a position to look at the future, not just trying to survive day by day. you've overcome something truly monumental and now it's time for all good things to happen to you :glomp: i will pray nothing bad ever happens to you again and the rest of your 20s are a time of energy and joy. i've never been through anything like what you've been through, i don't even know anybody who has, but it completely turned your life upside down and totally transformed everything about your world and you still came through it as a kind and beautiful person.

quote:

an excellent career choice

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
birds

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i have decided to never again create a work of fiction, because fiction is idolatry

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Is there seriously a truck convoy in New Zealand copying the numbnuts here in Canada? They do know trucks dont cross the water right?

exmarx what is happening I am so confused.

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i am preparing melbourne to survive a trucker siege

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Furnaceface posted:

Is there seriously a truck convoy in New Zealand copying the numbnuts here in Canada? They do know trucks dont cross the water right?

exmarx what is happening I am so confused.

all our rightwing garbage is recycled from other anglo countries, plus american/british expats

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Australian are rising up against trumps stolen election.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

all our rightwing garbage is recycled from other anglo countries, plus american/british expats

I mean, so is ours. This one is a weird one though since its being partially funded and organized by Americans instead of our homegrown chuds just copying something they did and sticking maple leaaves on it to try and make it look different.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Goons Are Great posted:

exmarx posted:

i am glad that you're doing okay!!!

:glomp: i will pray nothing bad ever happens to you again and the rest of your 20s are a time of energy and joy.

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Charles 2 of Spain posted:

Gonna make my first post in this thread to say extremely congrats and also cool av I love Butt Detective

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yep. For all of the faults of this place there's no other place that's better.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022939-hot-chicken-salad

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

See if I had Jeff Bezos money I'd just live there and pay helicopters to bring me stuff all the time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

See if I had Jeff Bezos money I'd just live there and pay helicopters to bring me stuff all the time.

Meanwhile, Jeff Bezos would build a cottage at the bottom of that, and then bribe someone to knock down the whole thing because it messes with his view, even though he never goes there.

I think he's a real jerk, even without the things I just imagine him doing!

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
last night i dreamed i bought a silver goat the size of a donkey for $20 when she was left over at the end of a livestock auction

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i've just been informed that i'm going to have to make myself available for questions when the regional planning board reviews one of our project permits. i got into the sciences to avoid human interaction, and the environmental sciences because it seemed even more isolated. now i have to do public speaking, this is some real bullshit

that's a very elevated example of midwestern cooking. it doesn't even include dumping an entire can of condensed soup into the middle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish

last night i dreamed i bought a silver goat the size of a donkey for $20 when she was left over at the end of a livestock auction

one of my neighbors is using a service that brings in dozens of goats to clear a property of tall vegetation. i'll see if i can grab one while no one is looking and ship it to you

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that's a very elevated example of midwestern cooking. it doesn't even include dumping an entire can of condensed soup into the middle

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotdish

quote:

A classic example is made with ground beef, topped with tater tots, and flavored with thick condensed cream of mushroom soup sauce, but some versions in Minnesota use the official state grain wild rice, or even macaroni, in place of the potatoes.

truly, midwest is where all the italians went

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

truly, midwest is where all the italians went

i think the italians mostly stayed on the east coast, the core midwest identity was formed by hearty central and northern europeans who decided that they wanted to move somewhere that was colder and more windswept

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think the italians mostly stayed on the east coast, the core midwest identity was formed by hearty central and northern europeans who decided that they wanted to move somewhere that was colder and more windswept

while the latter is arguably true, chicago and st louis had famously large italian-american immigrant communities

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Cease to Hope posted:

while the latter is arguably true, chicago and st louis had famously large italian-american immigrant communities

yeah, but the closest those italians came to creating hotdish was dadchat's patron food item, deep dish pizza. and deep dish is actually appealing

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

WoodrowSkillson posted:

web won.0

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yeah, but the closest those italians came to creating hotdish was dadchat's patron food item, deep dish pizza. and deep dish is actually appealing

also toasted ravioli

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i regret every post i have ever made on these forums. but i am also tremendously thankful to this stupid place because otherwise i would have gone posting somewhere else when i was an idiot child, like reddit, or 4chan, and now i would be dead

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
lol

mahershalalhashbaz fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 9, 2022

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
the late 20th century was a weird time to be me

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
unrelated, i keep finding frogs in my yard and now i can't bring myself to move house because the frogs depend on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

unrelated, i keep finding frogs in my yard and now i can't bring myself to move house because the frogs depend on me

Post frog pics.

Here's a cool bug I found as a trade.