Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Vengeance Day is such a clunky and bad name for a show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Lid posted:

Correction thats what they say is going to happen after the Olympics and literally every Olympics before this has shown thats not the case in various ways, the documentation of Brazil's crumbling Olympics may have been the fastest.

The only city that is ever turned a profit on the Olympics was Los Angeles, because they had the TV rights. The TV rights have never gone to the city again. The IOC is demanding their own lane on the 405 freeway, the busiest one on the West Coast. For the reason of “come on we’re billionaires, we deserve it“.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ganso Bomb posted:

Vengeance Day is such a clunky and bad name for a show

It's like they tried to combine the St. Valentine's Day Massacre and Vengeance PPV names, for some reason

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The big AEW Premiere is Krian Bendrick

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Golden Bee posted:

The only city that is ever turned a profit on the Olympics was Los Angeles, because they had the TV rights. The TV rights have never gone to the city again. The IOC is demanding their own lane on the 405 freeway, the busiest one on the West Coast. For the reason of “come on we’re billionaires, we deserve it“.

I heard a podcast recently (espn daily?) that stated that the IOC demanded, from a potential host country for this Winter Olympics , fresh seasonal fruit at their hotel rooms daily and smiles from staff. Ridiculous

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: the Olympics and city finances.

When I was in High School, it was reported on the news that Melbourne had finally finished paying off the 1956 Olympics.

I graduated in 1994.

Oh dear god I am old

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=155656

Apparently WWE is putting cameramen inside the ring and having the wrestlers wrestle around them.

bartok
May 10, 2006

They should also strap GoPros on the wrestlers.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
drat Samoa Joe! How do you get fired on your day off a month after you were already fired by the same company?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

Correction thats what they say is going to happen after the Olympics and literally every Olympics before this has shown thats not the case in various ways, the documentation of Brazil's crumbling Olympics may have been the fastest.

knowing about the history of former olympics grounds makes "idk, put the ski jump by the cooling towers who fuckin cares" the logical decision

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Samoa Joe must just be in another situation like what Patrice O’Neal described at this point

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Davros1 posted:

Apparently WWE is putting cameramen inside the ring and having the wrestlers wrestle around them.

something i noticed during the rumble ppv was how incredibly close the cameras were getting to all the wrestlers making it impossible to get a good sense of what they were doing and where everyone was in space in and around the ring

putting the camera literally in the ring next to the perfomers feels like an escalation of that and i hope all those dedicated nxt viewers enjoy seeing a blurry shoulder instead of a powerbomb

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

BrigadierSensible posted:

I graduated in 1994.

lol youre old

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bring back Refer-Eye

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Dolph Ziggler

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

graph posted:

lol youre old

young for a wwe viewer!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Every morning Vince wakes up and chooses loving up in new and stupid ways. Then his supplicants follow suit.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Davros1 posted:

This seems like the natural evolution of WWE's obsession with copying Hollywood trends . They've already been doing the constant camera cuts and shaky cam which is just copying the action movie trend of doing the same stuff to "make the viewer feel like they're in the middle of the action" and having the camera constantly zoomed in far too much is the last piece of that puzzle that WWE hadn't done yet.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

welcome to nxt 3.0

https://i.imgur.com/5lKncKx.mp4

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
It's gonna lead to so many botches and so many like hot mic audio slips

It's awesome in every way

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Just wait til they do a zoomed out shot and there's like 15 cameramen in the ring cause they'll still be cutting to different shots every 0.2 seconds

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Remember when they put a camera in the ringpost for a few weeks and you couldn’t see anything?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Drakkel posted:

This seems like the natural evolution of WWE's obsession with copying Hollywood trends . They've already been doing the constant camera cuts and shaky cam which is just copying the action movie trend of doing the same stuff to "make the viewer feel like they're in the middle of the action" and having the camera constantly zoomed in far too much is the last piece of that puzzle that WWE hadn't done yet.

The shaky-cam aesthetic was already dated when WWE started doing it 12 years ago, and it's somehow gotten even worse since then.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Benne posted:

The shaky-cam aesthetic was already dated when WWE started doing it 12 years ago, and it's somehow gotten even worse since then.

I happened to be watching old old wrestling coverage and the reason they started this aesthetic had nothing to do with style but a fear that transitioning from SD to HD would mean everyone would be able to tell it was fake from crisply being able to see the action. The solution was to shake and make everything non-static so it would be, on purpose, harder to see the action. So it wasn't even them trying to be cutting edge, it was a fear of kayfabe dying. Its now 2022 and it got worse.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Remember when they put a camera in the ringpost for a few weeks and you couldn’t see anything?

Hahaha, what?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://i.imgur.com/E4924Dg.gifv

this is neat, that is all

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

1glitch0 posted:

Hmm.... can Scott Steiner still wrestle?

He's signed to NWA and had a championship match against Aaron Stevens last month, so yeah. Moving a bit slower at 59, but still throwing belly-to-belly suplexes.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
None of us thought Scott would live to 45. That his heart hasn't given out is proof he is a genetic freak and not normal.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Two people in the audience stand up at the finish. Everyone else is just sitting around.

Do they also pipe in fake audio on NXT?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
she missed a spot on her spray tan but it's probably not noticeable

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So who's going to be the first wrestler to just absolutely mow down a cameraman both ruining the shot and destroying the equipment?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Lamuella posted:

So who's going to be the first wrestler to just absolutely mow down a cameraman both ruining the shot and destroying the equipment?

Nah, who's the first wrestler who is going to be fired/punished for bumping into a cameraman?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Will the wrestler get fired or the cameraman? Both?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

ChrisBTY posted:

Will the wrestler get fired or the cameraman? Both?

Wrestler gets fired, cameraman gets a 24/7 title run, which is a worse punishment

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
put cameras on the ref's head like its PRIDE

those cameras probably wouldnt look like 240p anymore

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Luigi Thirty posted:

AEW still does this on top of the post and sometimes you can see grainy footage of a belly button or a butt or a thigh

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Not a snarky comment; I literally have no idea who this is.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1491406413691686917?s=20&t=DGV8kZ_m6_HPkGsnRxFmAA

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

WHO!?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
None of you should be surprised that the show that doesn't exist features a wrestler that doesn't exist

She's a young BritWres talent, her gimmick is being hyperfemme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

CANDY
FLOSS