Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Niavmai posted:

gosh i sure hope this is sarcasm, but i'm too terminally online to tell.

It very much is sarcasm :sweatdrop:

My prayers for a speedy recovery from the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Scholtz posted:

thank you, i may already be a ghost, it's hard to tell.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

I was ALSO afraid it wasn't sarcasm. I've been on Twitter too long.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Scholtz posted:

For what it's worth I recognized it was sarcasm and got a sensible chuckle out of it.

Due to the lack of vocal tone text based communication is about a 50-50 shot that someone gets your meaning as intended.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

New chapter image looks a lot like circuitry. Digging into the God Kat plotline, maybe? Excited to see where it goes!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tiny Myers posted:

New chapter image looks a lot like circuitry. Digging into the God Kat plotline, maybe? Excited to see where it goes!

I was thinking that we were going to learn...something? About pipes

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
That's just the image on Shell's new dress, which we will become familiar with at the beginning of the chapter when she begins her next speech.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Re-read the last few chapters and I still can't tell if Shell is supposed to be satirical caricature

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Potato Salad posted:

Re-read the last few chapters and I still can't tell if Shell is supposed to be satirical caricature

I think there has to be something to her unrealness. Hopefully she's meant to stand out for some reason that will become apparent later.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I see the thread has moved from "anger" onto "bargaining"

I kinda doubt there's anything to her appearance or behavior aside from Tom thinking it's fun to draw silly expressions (which is true, it is fun) and making a character who's very emotional and expressive in personality to create ample cause for those cartoonish expressions. Like it just seems like a character quirk.

I don't mind her too much, just the sudden unusual amount of focus on her in the story. But it does feel a bit Homestuck syndrome where old characters are shuffled out for shiny new ones to take their place despite filling the same character niches but worse, all because the old ones were dumpstered for shock value or general author disinterest.

(Yes I know she's not "new" but she effectively is considering how dramatically she changed from her first appearances.)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh, this conversation is something I thought we weren't gonna explore.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if this is an ongoing thing with Loup then I sympathize a little more with his behavior

anyone would go spare if they had Coyote monologuing in their heads 24/7

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Well now I wonder if Loup is masquerading as robo-boy to gain some 'understanding'.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

if this is an ongoing thing with Loup then I sympathize a little more with his behavior

anyone would go spare if they had Coyote monologuing in their heads 24/7

I assume this is the chat we saw Coyote have with Loup that led to Loup going nuclear.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Definitely.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ohhhhhhhh

The bright green eyes and scruffy brown hair should've been our giveaway.

Also WOW the chapter reads much more upsettingly when we know it's Loup mooning over Annie.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2557

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tiny Myers posted:

Ohhhhhhhh

The bright green eyes and scruffy brown hair should've been our giveaway.

Also WOW the chapter reads much more upsettingly when we know it's Loup mooning over Annie.

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2557

I don't read it as Loup actually mooning over Annie, but rather manipulating the situation to get closer to her.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

There Bias Two posted:

I don't read it as Loup actually mooning over Annie, but rather manipulating the situation to get closer to her.

one of the first things we learned about Loup is that he has it bad for Annie, mostly due to Ysengrin’s influence, but it’s warped by his general Loupiness. that blush is for real

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Didn't he also blush at Lana?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

Didn't he also blush at Lana?

She was at that moment flashing some cleavage from her exactingly curated body. Some reaction would have been appropriate. He's all in on Carver.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
It is both hilarious and sad that Loup, despite all that gloating about being stronger, is still unquestioningly obeying what Coyote tells him to do.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I never noticed one of Loup's ears is actually a Coyote ear.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

owo what's this?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Darth TNT posted:

I never noticed one of Loup's ears is actually a Coyote ear.

Well Ysengrin doesn't have one on that side so it makes sense that Coyotes would take its place

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"Why would I bother observing these insignificant humans in the court?" *Immediately spots something interesting.*

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
shadow the hedgehog-rear end pose

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

remember that time it finally looked like there was some kind of forward movement to the story and now we're in a flashback AGAIN

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
a flashback to the forward momentum that happened out of frame while all the grown ups were standing around hella yellin about dumb stuff

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

:eyepop: at the new page.

EDIT:
It only took 1,762 pages to change her mind.

J.A.B.C. fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 7, 2022

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Loup calling all the robots dead creatures will probably have some really interesting implications later.

What if this transfer functions as an afterlife of sorts for them?

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

I am a god and I'm digging a hole...

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Honestly, so far this flashback hasn't given any new information which wasn't implied already. I imagine there will be one more where he meets that girl (Lena?) and we're caught up. Unless something wild happens, this is sort of superfluous.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, so far this flashback hasn't given any new information which wasn't implied already. I imagine there will be one more where he meets that girl (Lena?) and we're caught up. Unless something wild happens, this is sort of superfluous.

I'm going to guess this chapter will shed more light on the Robo Cult of Kat. Loup would be in the perfect position to eavesdrop on them.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I hope we finally get an origin story on where all those track suits came from. Do you think they have to hunt wild Slavs for meat and hides?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Nuns with Guns posted:

I hope we finally get an origin story on where all those track suits came from. Do you think they have to hunt wild Slavs for meat and hides?

Oi blyat, why are you wanting to hunt Slav, debil? Adidas suit is sourced ethically from Vadim's Gopnik Farm. Yes, Vadim is urod, but his gopniks are happy, semichki-fed gopniks!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Loup might start to feel threatened by Kat's impending godhood.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That's some proper gopnik squattin there.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Darth TNT posted:

Homie is going to turn into a giant salt crystal halfway through this chapter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
he actually looks depressed on this page. that’s different

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

Loup kills Kat, Annie kills Loup, robots ascend Kats deified corpse to godhood from their shared belief with help from Annie the Guide preventing anyone from taking Kat to the Aether.

Kat gets the Emperor of Mankind 40k treatment.