Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
That's a solved problem in other parts. Delivery drivers just park on a sidewalk for as long as they need in order to not to obstruct traffic. If pedestrians had important places to go, they would have gone by car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

a podcast for cats posted:

That's a solved problem in other parts. Delivery drivers just park on a sidewalk for as long as they need in order to not to obstruct traffic. If pedestrians had important places to go, they would have gone by car.

Bike lanes are popular too.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Mx. posted:

I gave my partner three vibrators – now she is addicted to them and I feel redundant

r/relationships: dystopian climax contest
r/relationships: a hyper-sexualised vacuum cleaner
r/relationships: I’m all for democratising the orgasm

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Still thinking about this. This woman is a loving monster. But beyond that, this thread is chock full of emotionally stunted men who struggle to show even the slightest amount of affection. Here is a man both privately and publicly processing his grief, while also maintaining new bonds with family, and his wife just cannot loving handle it. The absolute balls on her to read his loving journal and then demand he do the same for his living loving children is just beyond the pale. I cannot imagine how this marriage recovers from this at all, but at least the kids certainly have 1 good parent.

Society has absolutely done a number on us regarding gender roles.

In general, a lot of men don't openly express emotions and affection for the same reason they don't touch the hot stove or open flame.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The ones that exist anyway.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

AITA for parking in expectant mother parking at the grocery store?

quote:

I have an autoimmune disease that limits my mobility. I have handicapped plates on my car, and on bad days I have a walker to use as I have issues walking. Normally I have groceries delivered to my house, but we were expecting bad weather this weekend and wanted to pick up a few things while I was getting my medication refill. Because this medication is controlled, I have to show identification to pick it up and they will not deliver it to me. I know in a few years I won't be as mobile as I am now, so I try to enjoy my independence and being able to do things for myself, which is why I do not ask my friends or parents to help me with errands unless I absolutely have to.

When I got to the grocery store, all of the handicapped spots were full. The only close parking were spots designated for expectant mothers and families with small children, so I did park there because the only other open spots were at the back of the lot, too far for me to walk safely even with my walker. As I was getting my walker out of the backseat, a woman and her husband pulled up and the woman started shouting at me that I was not allowed to park there, it was reserved for pregnant women. I explained that I was disabled and all of the handicapped spots were full, and she started yelling that she needed the spot because she was pregnant. The man who was with her told her to stop it and said he would drop her off at the door, and she yelled at him to shut up. I got my walker out of the backseat and made my way to the pharmacy, got a few treats for the weekend and a word search book in case power went out.

When I got back to my car, the police were there and so was the woman and man from earlier. They called the police and the woman had accused me of having fake handicapped plates and lying about being disabled. The police officer asked to see my license and registration. I explained that I had an autoimmune disease that affects my mobility. I assume the police officer checked to see if the handicapped plates were valid because he just handed my stuff back to me and told the woman that there was nothing he could do. He said that the spots were a courtesy of the store and they had no control over who parked in them, but did tell her that it should be okay for disabled people to use them when no handicapped spots were available. The man who was with her was very upset and just kept apologizing and telling her to drop it but she just kept shouting at me that I had no right to steal the spot away from her because she needed it more.

I went home and was very upset. I did not think that I did anything wrong by parking there. My mother said that I should have just went home and went back out later, my friends think that I was fine to park there because all of the handicapped spots were taken.

AITA for parking in the expectant mother parking space at the store?

WIBTA for moving my neighbors chair out of a parking spot

quote:

Hi I recently moved into a house with friend and its kind of a suburban neighborhood. When I moved there I started parking in the spot beside my house because it seemed like noone was parking there and my roomate said theres no assigned parking. I then notice that my neighbor would park in the spot as well and even park in it while Im gone which is fine, it isnt asigned. The problem started arising when they would leave and then put a chair in the spot, basically prohibiting me from entering the spot. They will also tend to block the spot which further irritates me because they have the "if I cant have it noone can have it" mentality. So ive been thinking of just moving the chair since its rediculous to hold a spot that isn't assigned, but would I be the rear end in a top hat for doing this is the question.

AITA for not parking within the lines my roommate spray-painted onto our public street?

quote:

I (28M) live in a three-bedroom apartment with two roommates (30M, 31F, only male is important for this story). Our apartment only has one parking spot, so the male roommate pays an extra $50 a month to park in the garage (a deal we all agreed upon on the beginning). The female and I both park on the street as it’s not that bad since we’re in the back of a less crowded neighborhood and neither of us drive too much as it is. Recently, the 30M roommate who has our parking spot sold his compact car for a larger, more durable SUV that no longer fits in the garage. He’s since started parking on the street with us and converted the garage into a kickback space/place for him to store his outdoor gear. In the past, he’s gotten upset with me regarding how I park in the public street because I tend to take up more than one “spot” along the curb where others could park. It’s not a consistent thing – just occasional, and our street generally has spots open except maybe on street sweeping days where it may be tougher to park on one side of the street. Recently, he took a spray can and stencil and spray-painted white lines in the public street to “designate” where people can or cannot park in the street. So now, the curb on each side essentially have sprayed on “lines” to direct the flow of parking. This was done without asking the neighbors or roommates – we’ve never had a huge issue with people on the street regarding parking. Last week, I did not park between the lines he sprayed painted on the street. In my mind, those lines are just something he drew, and on a public street, I should be able to park the way I want. Perhaps predictably, he blew up on me, calling me an rear end in a top hat for parking like that, saying it makes me selfish, and saying I’m one of the most inconsiderate people he’s lived with. I tried to downplay how big of a deal this was for the street, but he was adamant on making me understand why my actions were wrong. I have agreed to apologize if the AITA subreddit indeed deems me the rear end in a top hat. I understand that there is the possibility that we are both assholes – that is likely the correct diagnosis. What do we think? Am I an rear end in a top hat for not parking within the spray painted lines that he marked on our public street? Or am I inconsiderate for ignoring the lines he sprayed and parking wherever I want, even if it may be detrimental to neighbors?

AITA for purchasing an old articulated bus and parking it in my driveway?

quote:

Recently, a nearby transit agency retired some mid-2000s articulated buses. I (27M) decided to purchase one of them for a relatively cheap price (around $6,500 USD), that way I could convert it into some kind of motor home. I've ordered a new engine and transmission already, and plan on basically rebuilding the entire thing. It's been parked in my driveway for a few weeks now, and everything has been smooth sailing (apart from fitting it into the driveway).

Today, I was doing using power tools to take out the bus seats, and along with taking out some equipment. My neighbor (mid 30s F) came up to me and said I was being very disruptive and loud, and have been nearly every day for weeks (I only deal with my bus on weekends, plus mondays occasionally). I tell her that she is wrong, and I also apologize for being so loud, but its what happens when you have neighbors. She then proceeds to tell me that my bus is an eyesore, and she is going to call the police. Police come, and basically tell her the same I did, and also tell me that I could maybe quiet down a bit (which I will do). Sorry for lack of details, I only had so much time to write this out, and plus English isn't my first language. AITA?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

In my neighborhood that would cause an accident because people fly down the bike lane at 40 in their cars when someone is stopped in the lane trying to turn left .

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for saying my dad doesn’t need to apologize for almost ruining our wedding?

"My dad asked my mom for a divorce at the wedding, which I get is pretty messed up"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Mx. posted:

I gave my partner three vibrators – now she is addicted to them and I feel redundant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7gi57NJDds

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

a podcast for cats posted:

Yeah man, gently caress people in wheelchairs or with other mobility impairments amirite?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Yeah man, gently caress people in wheelchairs or with other mobility impairments amirite?

You've just earnestly replied to a sarcastic joke post

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Seth Pecksniff posted:

you should have seen it coming. Her knees were weak and her palms were sweaty, and there was vomit on her sweater already

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

That's the American way!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My gf is giving me the silent treatment because I didn't want to buy a house in London with her, what do I do?

quote:

For some context, we currently live in Florida in a $700/mo town house.

I (31M) was driving to pick up my girlfriend (27F) from work. We were chatting on the phone and she mentioned Tom Holland and Zendaya buying a house together in London. Then she said, "why don't we buy a house together in London?" to which I replied, "hmm". She scoffed and said, "that's really hurtful" and got real quiet. Then she said bye and hung up the phone.

After I picked her up, we went to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner, then went home. During all of this, she would barely even look at me and said maybe three sentences. She immediately went upstairs and got under a blanket in the dark while I put dinner in the oven.

When the food was done, I took her a plate but she said she'd come get it later.

Its been almost four hours and she's just been upstairs lying in the dark in silence this whole time.

EDIT: I assumed she was joking. I didn't think she actually wanted to move to London.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

On Nextdoor in a subdivision a mile away from my neighborhood someone made a post complaining about how they were on their morning walk and everyone had their garbage bins parked on the sidewalk instead of on the street. Her point was about people with mobility issues but the boomers and most of the Gen-Xers were having none of it, which is hilarious because most of them are going to be needing mobility devices shortly if they don’t already. They just didn’t seem to understand how big of a problem it is for people with mobility issues to encounter a 4 foot tall, 30-80 pound obstruction in their path. It reminded me of that video of a wheelchair bound new your jet trying to get bagels from a particular shop and it took him all day and then at the end there was a ledge in front of the door to the shop and he couldn’t enter.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

just lol if you live in a street that even has a sidewalk

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

My gf is giving me the silent treatment because I didn't want to buy a house in London with her, what do I do?

Dude doesn't realize it aint got poo poo to do with London and that also he's single now

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA For Refusing To Pay Child Support Until My Rights Are Established?

quote:

Throwaway Account

I (29m) used to date my ex-girlfriend "Jane" (30f) until I caught her with my ex-friend/roommate "Ted" (32m). We broke up and I moved back to my home state and never spoke to either of them again. Most of our mutual friends ended up overlooking the matter since Jane and Ted were "in love" and planned on getting married so I cut them all off and just moved on with my life.

Fast forward to now and I'm in a much better place with a high-paying salary and just proposed to my girlfriend, "Ashley" (26f). Life was going great for me. I'm not a big social media user but I did make a post about my engagement and one of the few friends I kept from my past saw and I passed the information along to Jane and Ted. Jane attempted to reach out to me but I blocked her without reading the message because I wanted nothing to do with her. I also told Ashley and she preemptively blocked her too.

Well, Jane kept reaching out with fake profiles but I ended up deleting my account but not before I told her that I wanted nothing to do with her and to leave me alone. In my mind there was no reason for us to communicate for any reason and I just wanted to live my life. Then Jane reached out to my sister "Mandy" (32f) and told her that I had a son. I thought Jane was full of it because it had been six months between me catching her cheating and me moving away before changing my number, and years between then and now. Plenty of time for Jane to realize that she was pregnant and contact me about it, or even come after me for child support.

I thought she was making up some wild story to get me to talk to her so I got a lawyer to send her an official letter to leave me alone. Then the lawyer came back to me with pictures of a five-year-old boy who bore a resemblance to me. Turns out Jane was pregnant but her and Ted thought the baby was his because they didn't always use condoms while I did and opted not to say anything. They got married and Ted is the legal father but when they tried to have more kids it turned out that Ted is sterile. Jane and Ted decided to just raise the kid as their own without ever saying a thing because Ted felt like he was less of a man for not being able to reproduce.

It wasn't until Jane came across my account and saw how nice my life was that she felt like her son deserved the financial benefits as well. Did a DNA test and I am the father, I agreed that child support was required and told Jane and Ted that I would have my lawyers send over details about payment and visitation. Ted was upset and refused to sign away his rights and doesn't want me around "his son." I promptly told him that if I'm gonna pay child support then I'm entitled to all the legal rights that a father is entitled to and that they wouldn't get a dime from me until then. If they refuse then I'll just start a savings account for the kid until he's an adult. Jane and Ted are calling me selfish but since it's coming from them I'm taking it with grain of salt so AITA?

Edit: Just to be clear because despite already writing this in the post people are still some how missing it.

Ted is the LEGAL father and is on the birth certificate and is still married to Jane so as far as the (American) courts are concerned I have no rights to the child, but that also means Jane and Ted can't force me to pay child support. Jane and Ted want me to have no contact with the kid whatsoever but still (discreetly) send them money because Ted doesn't want anyone to know that he can't reproduce.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

hmm i hate OP regardless of who is right

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mx. posted:

hmm i hate OP regardless of who is right

Please elaborate on that.

He’s completely right.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I think the lady is an rear end in a top hat for knowing he has a child and chose to go about the worst way to introduce their child to the bio father. GIVE ME MONEY NO CONTACT ALSO bc you knocked me up a real long time ago!' I suppose there's a chance the messages could have been a way to soften the blow or find a way to introduce each other,, but who knows at this point.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Evil Willow posted:

"I cheated on you and never told you about your son but now that I know about your wealth I want some cash.

What? No, you don't get any rights, you just mail us checks. "

Nahh, I'd recommend the OP have his lawyer draft one of those "gently caress right off" letters.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

8one6 posted:

"I cheated on you and never told you about your son but now that I know about your wealth I want some cash.

What? No, you don't get any rights, you just mail us checks. "

Nahh, I'd recommend the OP have his lawyer draft one of those "gently caress right off" letters.

I think he already did that, unless Ted really wants to have to explain that situation to the entire social circle.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

therobit posted:

On Nextdoor in a subdivision a mile away from my neighborhood someone made a post complaining about how they were on their morning walk and everyone had their garbage bins parked on the sidewalk instead of on the street. Her point was about people with mobility issues but the boomers and most of the Gen-Xers were having none of it, which is hilarious because most of them are going to be needing mobility devices shortly if they don’t already. They just didn’t seem to understand how big of a problem it is for people with mobility issues to encounter a 4 foot tall, 30-80 pound obstruction in their path. It reminded me of that video of a wheelchair bound new your jet trying to get bagels from a particular shop and it took him all day and then at the end there was a ledge in front of the door to the shop and he couldn’t enter.

:downs: "just cross the street and go around it" :downs:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Evil Willow posted:

OP even said he'd set up a savings account for the kid if he couldn't get visitation rights otherwise.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for telling my son that if he goes down the path he is cutrently choosing, we will no longer consider him our son?

quote:

I (49M) and my wife (51F) have 3 children, Dan (22M), Louisw (24F) and Robert (27M). A few years ago, Robert and his now ex-girlfriend had a kid together, Bella (4F).

Bella has severe autism, and from what I have heard it makes it significantly harder to take care of her. We do our best to help out with Bella and buy her things like safe foods, and we pay for a large portion of her therapies and treatments due to how expensive they are. Bella was diagnosed 8 months ago, and a few months after her diagnosis, Robert cheated on his girlfriend and was apparently planning on ditching them.

Currently there is an ongoing custody dispute, and right now Robert is trying to sign away his rights so he can flee and not have to worry about Bella. This made me and my wife very angry, although due to our state laws he can’t sign away his rights unless someone else can fill in his role. Me and my wife have expressed our disapproval with this idea, and said that although we understand how difficult it must be for him to parent, he doesn’t get to just abandon her scot free. We have said that if he really chooses to go down this route that he will no longer be welcome in our home, and we will no longer consider him our son.

Dan and Louise agreed with us and gave Robert pretty much the same sentiment. Robert was pissed off, and said that we don’t understand how hard or painful it is to be a parent of a kid with severe autism. He’s right, none of us unferstand the full extent of that kind of responsibility. But I stated that a parent does not get to just abandon that responsibility willy nilly. Am I really a bad guy for saying this?
Honestly on this one I think society is the agile. The parents of severely disabled kids need respite care and in home support and the fact that that pant available on tap from the state is a loving travesty.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for getting mad that my wife wanted to serve me plain pasta for dinner

quote:

I (husband) usually make all the meals in the household. I told my wife I was going to make dinner tonight, but she said she was planning to - ok, that's fine.

So, I go back to work on my laptop. She comes into the room and I ask her what she's making and she says leftover roast chicken and spaghetti.

Me: Oh, you're going to make it with sauce?

Her: No, she says just plain spaghetti.

Me: Ok, so, why wouldn't you make some sauce for it? No one eats just plain spaghetti.

Her: Sure you can, just eat it. What's wrong with eating plain spaghetti?

I told her to do whatever, but I wouldn't serve her just plain spaghetti noodles. So, I know it seems like maybe a dumb thing to get upset about, but she insisted on making dinner. By making dinner, she intended to warm up the roast chicken, which we got from Costco, and warm up the noodles, which were actually leftover when I made us chicken carbonara.

I was further frustrated because a few days ago she agreed to make dinner while I spent the afternoon and early evening cleaning out the garage. The task wouldn't have allowed me time to prepare dinner. I entered the house tired and extremely hungry. It turns out she made food for herself and the kids, but she had planned for me to eat the leftover spaghetti (with sauce and chicken) I had made the day before. It was still in the fridge and in the container, and I opened it to heat it up, and there was like barely any pasta in there for a kids' meal, which meant I had to now prepare dinner for myself when I was already tired and hungry. She said she thought there had been more in the container.

I did get upset and told her I wouldn't serve her plain noodles, because when I make meals for her, I try my best to make something she'd like to eat - all the time, because I take pride in that. I told her it was insulting because it's like telling someone you'll make them pizza, but just serve them the crust. I dunno ... that's not pizza, is it?

I tried to have her see she wouldn't serve her own sister plain spaghetti, but she insisted she would and have no problem with that. I honestly don't believe that. I told her that would be embarrassing.

I can't tell whether she is being serious that she believes it's acceptable to serve people plain spaghetti, or she's digging in her heels because she won't admit she was just being lazy.

To add:

1) I got mad at my wife for serving me plain spaghetti noodles for dinner.

2) Not sure if I should accept her belief that it is okay and socially acceptable to serve people plain spaghetti noodles for dinner or if she is just being lazy and I should take it to be insulting behaviour on her part. Do I need to be more understanding?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

therobit posted:

Next time it's OP's turn to cook, serve the wife plain spaghetti and see what happens.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for not reacting right to a colleague telling me he is gay?

quote:

I feel like I could be in the wrong here, even if I don't understand why. To be honest, there have been incidents in the past where I have unwittingly been rude without intending to, and there are some social norms that escape my understanding.

Which is why I would appreciate some impartial unbiased input and am posting here.

One of my colleague's H (technically I am his boss, not sure if that matters) came into my office today. I have an open door policy to encourage team members to come forward and share their ideas, so this was not that unusual.

H came into my office and said "I am gay." I thought there would he would be saying something else, so I waited for him to continue. After a moment I made a sound of assent to make it clear I heard him., but he still didn't say anything. Since he was staring at me, I assumed he was trying to convey something I wasn't understanding.

Here's where I might have messed up. The first thing I said (my friends specifically scolded me because this was the first thing I said) was to ask if he had had any insights in marketing to that demographic (we work in a marketing firm). H said he hadn't.

I asked him if he was getting married and needed time off (this too, I have been informed was an assholish response). H said he wasn't married. I finally said that if H had nothing else he wanted to discuss, he should leave as I had a meeting starting in a few minutes and needed the office. He left.

Shortly afterwards a mutual friend scolded me and said I was a right rear end in a top hat for the way I responded to H.

AITA for how I responded? If so, could you please explain i) what I did wrong ii) what should have been the right response iii) how I can fix this

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

therobit posted:

AITA for not reacting right to a colleague telling me he is gay?

What are you supposed to say anyway?

"Boss I'm gay"

"uhhh ok?"

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

The correct response is "Hi Gay! I'm Axol!"

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

therobit posted:

OP should read that "dishes by the sink" article and genderswap it.

I'm more on the "each dish has a name, a recipe and a process" side of cooking things, so I can relate to how aggravating a "meat and some side i guess" approach is, but I don't think it's about the sauce for him.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Barudak posted:

Dude doesn't realize it aint got poo poo to do with London and that also he's single now

I'd move overseas for Tom Holland. He's adorable and I want to carry him everywhere in my pocket.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Why are you telling your boss. I don't need to know what your into, ideally if you do your job well we can go through our entire working relationship learning absolutely nothing about each other except the name you prefer to be called by.

Im not saying its harassment but its fuckin weird to unprompted share your sexual orientation at work.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

Why are you telling your boss. I don't need to know what your into, ideally if you do your job well we can go through our entire working relationship learning absolutely nothing about each other except the name you prefer to be called by.

Im not saying its harassment but its fuckin weird to unprompted share your sexual orientation at work.

Maybe they're both goons, the story took place around 2018 and the coworker mistook "im gay" for a replacement for "do you have stairs in your house".

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'd move overseas for Tom Holland. He's adorable and I want to carry him everywhere in my pocket.

I'd move overseas if it meant getting a house in London

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

AITA for thinking my daughter shouldn’t pay rent?

quote:

I have been a SAHM my whole marriage. My husband pays the bills. I keep house and raise my little ones. I also do things like money management and our taxes because I have an accounting degree.

My oldest daughter calls me because she just recently moved in with her fiancé and he told her she has to pay half of rent and utilities. He makes a lot more than her because she’s working part time so she has time to plan her dream wedding

Both his parents work and I know his mom makes more than his dad. My daughter (Sarah 24) and I was thrown back when she realized she had to split all of the bills in the marriage and pay for things like her wedding dress. It’s put a damper on our wedding planning.

I tried talking to her fiancé (Luke 32) saying his family situation was unique since his mom was making more. He rebuffed me saying it’s unrealistic to think he would work and Sarah could just spend all of her free time wedding planning. He said she has a degree and she should get a full time job. Sarah and him both went to school for accounting and that’s how he met her was at her internship. He works about 60 hours a week and I explained that with wedding planning asking her to work that much way too much on a girl her age.

His Mother is feeding him the new wave feminism and I don’t think it’s a good life balance for this young couple. His mom is feeding my daughter that in this world you have to work hard and have tough love for you kids.

Sarah called crying because her MIL yelled at her for being a gold digger and Sarah has moved back in with her best friend. My daughter is saying I gave her bad advice and now Luke wants to call off the wedding and wants his ring back. She’s blaming it on me but I think Luke shouldn’t have asked my daughter to pay half of his bills on top of wedding planning.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

therobit posted:

AITA for thinking my daughter shouldn’t pay rent?

How did you find a reddit post from 1985?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
That plain spaghetti noodles stuff is aggression, if someone stopped me from making food then served me that I'd be pissed

Not even butter and cheese on them? Just plain loving noodles???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

therobit posted:

AITA for telling my son that if he goes down the path he is cutrently choosing, we will no longer consider him our son?

Honestly on this one I think society is the agile. The parents of severely disabled kids need respite care and in home support and the fact that that pant available on tap from the state is a loving travesty.

On one hand, gently caress this dude for being the coward. I might not disown a kid over it, but I’d probably end up making them wish for it.

On the other, anyone willing to just go “nah don’t feel like parenting cya” should not be a parent of any child, disabled or otherwise. Hell, ban them from owning anything more demanding than a spider plant.