Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

Yea plus they say dumb poo poo about her like

#Don'tBelieveWomen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

GlassEye-Boy posted:

like half the Chinese women’s hockey team are non Chinese, no one gives a poo poo there.

ehhh there's some vocal idiots on chinese social media who don't represent anything close to a majority of the population, but they get amplified because pretending everyone in a country of 1.4 billion people is a toxic "nationalist" is the preferred avenue of attack for liberal commentators

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

30.5 Days posted:

Like idk, man, "this guy made me feel like I had no choice but to have sex with him, so I did. I definitely wasn't raped, but now I feel this sense of anguish now that I'm having a hard time putting my finger on. Maybe it's his wife's fault? Anyway I don't want to talk about this anymore." this is pretty standard rape victim stuff! It doesn't make the west's harrassment of her ok.

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1490564155983679488

???

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

sexpig by night posted:

Yea plus they say dumb poo poo about her like

lol omfg they are loving insane

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

more like only 30 brain cells

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

#Don'tBelieveWomen

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Didn’t America let a sex pest Olympian compete in 2020 with the promise to keep him separate from everyone?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You cannot divorce the situation from previous CCP actions against individuals and groups that have spoken out against it. Your argument would apply if viewed in isolation with no regard to past events or actions taken at the time the accusations were made. This is not the first time individuals have made extended "absences" from the public spotlight following some sort of controversial event that was damaging to the CCP. Examples include Jack Ma's

:laffo: tying her experiences in any way with jack CIA ma

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

stop reading d&d you morons

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgpTv32px4g

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lmao the scare quotes around "absences"

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

its fun keeping informed and upto date with the latest insane poo poo libs around the world are wanking themselves into a frenzy about. sorry you dont like fun

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

R. Guyovich posted:

you and i should have burned that place to the ground when we had the chance

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

R. Guyovich posted:

you're not my dad!!!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

idk what to say, man, that's what the second paragraph looks like to me. Maybe it's a translation problem, but it seems awfully straightforward.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

like even in the last few pages of the discussion of the bogus social credit system (here using the term as a catch-all for the fictitious version dreamed up by us media in 2017/18 and latched onto by reddit guys who post +/- 200 social credit points on anything related to china) they get a basic fact wrong, which is that high-speed rail travel isn't totally restricted to violators, just the first-class sections of trains. but who cares? they're wrong about everything, all the time. if you try to go in there and poke holes in their insipid arguments one by one you WILL get probated, threadbanned or banned outright. you're fighting a losing battle.

the only sensible thing to do is delete the whole thing (along with gbs), but any admin who tried would get booted out and have their actions reversed.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

R. Guyovich posted:

like even in the last few pages of the discussion of the bogus social credit system (here using the term as a catch-all for the fictitious version dreamed up by us media in 2017/18 and latched onto by reddit guys who post +/- 200 social credit points on anything related to china) they get a basic fact wrong, which is that high-speed rail travel isn't totally restricted to violators, just the first-class sections of trains. but who cares? they're wrong about everything, all the time. if you try to go in there and poke holes in their insipid arguments one by one you WILL get probated, threadbanned or banned outright. you're fighting a losing battle.

the only sensible thing to do is delete the whole thing (along with gbs), but any admin who tried would get booted out and have their actions reversed.

this is exactly how I feel. I've lived in China for over half a decade. it's loving insane arguing with people who dont have any first hand experience that something exists when it doesn't. It's so frustrating, but every month or so 2 I get the urge to go in there, try to correct misunderstandings, and get probed lol.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I wouldn't call it a misunderstanding.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i wish i had the money to visit china AND do a two week quarantine. i need to get somewhere normal for a week or two to clear my head

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lostconfused posted:

I wouldn't call it a misunderstanding.

I mean I get it. I just cant understand it, as hard as I try. Can you imagine the discussion in person? meeting someone who tells you something about where they're from, and you say "no, that's not true, I read some articles about it". ofc, there's perspective problems and no one person can know everything about everything, but if you're saying there's a system of arbitrary points that governs everyones lives, that's pretty loving visible. It's also hilarious because credit score in america is much more arcane and much more important. I wonder if the whole social credit thing is projection.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

30.5 Days posted:

idk what to say, man, that's what the second paragraph looks like to me. Maybe it's a translation problem, but it seems awfully straightforward.

lmao you are a loving moron

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

wonder what % of the adult population we'd be locking up for 20 to life if being a guilt-tripping rear end in a top hat in a relationship was actually considered rape

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i wish i had the money to visit china AND do a two week quarantine. i need to get somewhere normal for a week or two to clear my head

Before covid hit I was considering planning a vacation to Urumqi. China Daily's travelogues made it look like a fun place and the flights were pretty cheap.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

wonder what % of the adult population we'd be locking up for 20 to life if being a guilt-tripping rear end in a top hat in a relationship was actually considered rape

look the inevitable victory of xi jinping thought doesn't mean you have to insist that actually its not rape if its not legally actionable

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

John Charity Spring posted:

the F-35 had Havana Syndrome

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Didn’t America let a sex pest Olympian compete in 2020 with the promise to keep him separate from everyone?

Yes he was an American fencer, his team mates all wore pink masks (COVID masks) as a call out as well

https://www.npr.org/sections/tokyo-...ir-own-teammate

Mayman10 has issued a correction as of 06:34 on Feb 9, 2022

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

he was an alternate and ended up not actually competing, not that that makes it any better.

he had to practice alone, stay in an offsite hotel room alone, and was not allowed in the Olympic Village, so at least he was denied the 'Olympic Experience' he so desperately wanted. he basically just sat and stewed in a hotel room for two weeks.

which honestly makes the decision to bring him along even more inexcusable, because, like, you clearly considered him enough of a danger to his fellow athletes that you essentially locked him in a closet for the duration of the games, so why the gently caress did you even bring him in the first place? there's plenty of male fencers in the US, surely you could have just selected another alternate.

Mister Bates has issued a correction as of 07:28 on Feb 9, 2022

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/TheBitcoinConf/status/1491104929003732993
:laffo:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

besides all that, Larry Nassar held his post as team doctor for the US national gymnastics team for 18 years

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/DerekJGrossman/status/1491257646707785730

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexLuck9/status/1491057274978447360

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/isaacstonefish/status/1490878787893956611

state mediaishly boosting american news content about international sports camaraderie for nefarious purposes

Some Guy TT has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Feb 9, 2022

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

blue checkmarks are star belly snitches, they can't let anyone have a nice pleasant moment without ruining it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mister Bates posted:

he was an alternate and ended up not actually competing, not that that makes it any better.

he had to practice alone, stay in an offsite hotel room alone, and was not allowed in the Olympic Village, so at least he was denied the 'Olympic Experience' he so desperately wanted. he basically just sat and stewed in a hotel room for two weeks.

which honestly makes the decision to bring him along even more inexcusable, because, like, you clearly considered him enough of a danger to his fellow athletes that you essentially locked him in a closet for the duration of the games, so why the gently caress did you even bring him in the first place? there's plenty of male fencers in the US, surely you could have just selected another alternate.

I believe they attempted to give him a suspension that would have lasted through the Olympics (and conceivably until the investigation was over) but a judge ordered it rescinded on the basis that if proper safety measures were adopted there was no good reason to leave him out. He then appealed the safety measures the organization adopted (the ones that ensured he had a lovely time) and lost.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Some Guy TT posted:

state mediaishly boosting american news content about international sports camaraderie for nefarious purposes

That was a genuinely nice moment at the end of that curling match.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cenotaph posted:

That was a genuinely nice moment at the end of that curling match.

gbs guy: a nice moment? in china? impossible!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Niceties from the inscrutable chinese conceal the hidden dagger of wolf warrior diplomacy.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
remember when a Chinese celestial shakes your hand it is a hidden signal to wish you ‘interesting times’ meaning wishing you ill for you see during the Ming dynasty courtiers would admonish the emperor through indirect means such as painting a goose flying past a quarter moon…

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Some Guy TT posted:

Blue tick that doesn't say he is paid by the Atlantic Council lecturing us about transparency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/JChengWSJ/status/1491238170062737409?s=20&t=iaxHc_GJSAGVQM10dN3Mjw

:hai: