Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Am I OK to delete twwh2? it won't need any files from it I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I don't care if they have new mechanics I'll be happy with more maps and more start positions

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah the thing with the game 1 mini campaigns was that they were one-and-done. One faction, no MP. The Napoleon and Rome 2 mini campaigns had lots of factions that felt different just like the big campaign.

The WH3 mini campaigns seem to be leaning the right way. I haven't seen the Kislev one, but the Cathay one has both cathayans and all four daemons (and maybe the two ogres? They're present as AIs in the streams so why wouldn't they be playable?) set up right next to each other for a battle royale that can be decided in a few hours. Seems like the perfect mode for wrangling up some friends for a run without having to leave it unfinished or struggle with schedules. I'm almost as hyped for that one as I am for the regular campaign.

Yeah, Ogres are playable in the 8 player campaign, no one's played them yet due to the embargo.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah it's fine.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Mechanically, yeah.

It's gonna be a fair while before they release the combined mega-campaign, so if you think you'll feel the urge to play as an existing faction in the next couple months, maybe hold onto it.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Liber really does have some great artwork in it. I just wish a hard copy would get reprinted because the script can be a bit hard to read on the :filez: version.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
actually speaking of ally recruitment I wonder how that works with dlcs

technically all the warhammer one factions are locked dlc, brettonia maybe withstanding, so can you recruit empire/dwarf stuff as baseline three? and then what happens with stuff like vampirates and tomb kings

you can get dlc units through confederation in previous games, you just can't recruit more

(the answer is almost 100% "base factions are whatever, dlc is not")

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

technically all the warhammer one factions are locked dlc, brettonia maybe withstanding, so can you recruit empire/dwarf stuff as baseline three? and then what happens with stuff like vampirates and tomb kings

you can get dlc units through confederation in previous games, you just can't recruit more

Enticity has a playthrough as Kostaltyn on his YT channel where he allies with the Vamps and uses Cairn Wraiths. So it appears you can just kinda mess around with whatever. I'd imagine their reasoning is that it improves the chances of someone buying DLC from the previous two games. Regardless, it's really cool and a lot of fun. I'd expect a mod to remove the total cap of 12 allied units across your armies on day one, or near it.

Basically, this:

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 9, 2022

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Gamerofthegame posted:

In today (well, yesterday)'s stream they went over that, you can use the outpost to get dlc-locked units from other races, yeah.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Avynte posted:

The Liber really does have some great artwork in it. I just wish a hard copy would get reprinted because the script can be a bit hard to read on the :filez: version.

So if the 'author' completely lost it by the end of Tzeench's book, who wrote undivided?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Arbite posted:

So if the 'author' completely lost it by the end of Tzeench's book, who wrote undivided?

From what it sounds like the Undivided book is the other 4 books presented as a single tome.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Arbite posted:

Lord_Magmar posted:

From what it sounds like the Undivided book is the other 4 books presented as a single tome.

there's a shorter fifth section framed as notes found in that guy's study, it's ok. some more art, gives a little bit about the 'other' chaos forces but don't remember anything super exciting

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Each book starts with a foreward from the sigmarite priest who compiled them after Ritcher Kless went mad. Liber Undivided is very short and it's foreward says that it's complied from leftover pages found in Kelss' study after the other books where finished. Liber Undivided was never published alone and can only be found in the complete collection put together by the priest.

On a side note Kless got statted up as an NPC in a recent book for the RPG.

Poor Guy.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

In Empire/Napoleon they'd deploy line infantry in X shapes so half of each was shooting the enemy, while the other half shot their friends in the back. After their general charged directly into the firing line of course. If there was an AI like that, it left us way before Rome 2.

Yeah, people have way too rosy memories of the Rome TW and Medieval 2 AIs as well, I'd even hazard to say that the Medieval 2 battle AI is probably the second worst (after Empire) in the series overall, Shogun 2, despite being enjoyable as all hell also had a pretty bad battle AI (though I don't think as bad as Empire or Napoleon IIRC), very keen on suiciding their general as the first priority in every battle. I have memories of the the old titles, the original Shogun and Medieval, having pretty decent battle AIs all things considered, though that might be rosy nostalgia as well, mostly I remember the AI ambushing me with cataphracts hidden on a wodded hill, routing my army, and another AI army that withdrew after I spent alot of time maneuvring my larger army into advantageous positions on the map (a very hilly one). If those memories are kind of true, it might ahve been because the mechanics of those games were quite a bit simpler and probably easier for the AI to respond to.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Wasn't there an interview recently from a dev saying something about it being easy to make an AI that was too good, that the idea was to make an AI that was fun? I don't know about that if they can't even get the thing to stay in any sort of formation. I guess that matters less in Warhammer with all the single entity units, flying units, magic and the like.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pensive posted:

Each book starts with a foreward from the sigmarite priest who compiled them after Ritcher Kless went mad. Liber Undivided is very short and it's foreward says that it's complied from leftover pages found in Kelss' study after the other books where finished. Liber Undivided was never published alone and can only be found in the complete collection put together by the priest.

On a side note Kless got statted up as an NPC in a recent book for the RPG.

Poor Guy.

Which book is this from?

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

if you're going to play any of the old races waiting for immortal empires, keep it on the drive. otherwise you'll be fine deleting the files.

I'm putting in to have this thread renamed. Zerkovich's roster vids are coming in very useful for filling in the OP document

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Total War: Warhammer 3 - Actually she's a thousand-year-old dragon

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Total War Warhammer 3: Mommy Milkers: Greasus

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Yeah. Delete. Even if you get the urge to play as your boy Gelt or whatever it's probably a better idea to just not until they port them over. There seems to be a lot of QoL stuff you'd miss out on.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Total War Warhammer 3: Moobs, my lord

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Kazzah posted:

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Kazzah posted:

this feels like I'd be pushing the rules a little for some reason

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

pnutz posted:

this feels like I'd be pushing the rules a little for some reason

is it like an “it’s called an ephebophile” kind of thing?

Cobra Lionfist
Jun 4, 2013

Winklebottom posted:

Thread title

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Twigand Berries posted:

is it like an “it’s called an ephebophile” kind of thing?

I already had a couple hot takes of my own on naming the thread, last one involving throt. I'd like to think I grew up a little since then

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Warhammer 3: Real games have Chorfs

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

pnutz posted:

I already had a couple hot takes of my own on naming the thread, last one involving throt. I'd like to think I grew up a little since then

I’ve watched you grow these last five years, pnutz. I’ll admit there was some trepidation when you volunteered to start the new thread, but I want you to know I’m very proud of you.

I just watched a preview vid of that Grey Knight X Com game and it looks good.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Total War: Warhammer 3 - Blood, Pus and Rasputin

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

ffffffuck i can't wait to be on campaign with you my lord

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
: five colors of demon

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

: five colors of demon

Raspberry, Blueberry, Dingleberry and Grape

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Winklebottom posted:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I did appreciate the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the thread briefly had "Total Warhammer - High Elf Supremacy" as it's title.

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

Winklebottom posted:

Total War Warhammer 3: Moobs, my lard

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Gonkish posted:

Enticity has a playthrough as Kostaltyn on his YT channel where he allies with the Vamps and uses Cairn Wraiths. So it appears you can just kinda mess around with whatever. I'd imagine their reasoning is that it improves the chances of someone buying DLC from the previous two games. Regardless, it's really cool and a lot of fun. I'd expect a mod to remove the total cap of 12 allied units across your armies on day one, or near it.

Basically, this:

So does this imply, as I dearly hope it does, that the "aversion" penalties are lesser and there will be more opportunity for real diplomacy between "good guy" and "bad guy" factions?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

So does this imply, as I dearly hope it does, that the "aversion" penalties are lesser and there will be more opportunity for real diplomacy between "good guy" and "bad guy" factions?

Why would it impy that? The reason Mannfred likes Enticity's Kostaltyn in his campaign is mostly just because he's invaded and smashed everything in the Empire.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The Total War Forums posted:

I thought so. A man who is happy to break the law so his favourite Vlad can come back from the vault under Altdorf. A White Dwarf appeaser. A chocolate soldier who gave in to Teclis being on a parrot.

I hope YOU choke on YOUR Demon Prince. It's all you deserve..........

sometimes the internet just delivers.

e: Total War: Warhammer 3: I hope YOU choke on YOUR Demon Prince, does that fit?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Feb 9, 2022

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
total warhammer 3: white dwarf appeaser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

sometimes the internet just delivers.

e: Total War: Warhammer 3: I hope YOU choke on YOUR Demon Prince, does that fit?

What's the context here?