Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm fascinated by this kind of human/society origin story stuff. Like how back in hunter/gatherer times, women were pretty much 50/50 with men in running poo poo. But when we 'invented' agriculture that gave an advantage to having more upper body strength to push plows and stuff and boys took over. Pretty well downhill since then.

you might find the book "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" interesting

https://g.co/kgs/iVxRLz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's really funny that there some people and organizations who somehow make money from listening to the sunny podcast and that turning certain snippets into clickbait articles, the dave bautista thing is making the rounds, like, how do I get in on this sort of action?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Just found the podcast last week and binged my way through the backlog. It shouldn't be a surprise that three professional comedians who've worked together for over 15 years are really funny together but I'd gladly listen to them just complain about parking, lateness and near-fistfights in front of burger places.

It was very weird to hear Glenn describe sleep paralysis without apparently knowing what it is? He did say "sleep paralysis" to describe the fact that he couldn't move but didn't seem aware that the figure in the room, thinking you've woken up and the very specific noise he heard are all indicators of it. I get it occasionally and I'm familiar enough with it that I just ignore the demon and go back to sleep.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Party Boat posted:

near-fistfights in front of burger places.

near-fistfights in front of hamburger stores*.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
How hilarious is your universe when Mac jumps out of the car in front of you to beat the poo poo out of another driver in your In-and-Out drive thru experience.

"I'll poke your eye out you bitch!"

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 9, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Party Boat posted:

Just found the podcast last week and binged my way through the backlog. It shouldn't be a surprise that three professional comedians who've worked together for over 15 years are really funny together but I'd gladly listen to them just complain about parking, lateness and near-fistfights in front of burger places.

It was very weird to hear Glenn describe sleep paralysis without apparently knowing what it is? He did say "sleep paralysis" to describe the fact that he couldn't move but didn't seem aware that the figure in the room, thinking you've woken up and the very specific noise he heard are all indicators of it. I get it occasionally and I'm familiar enough with it that I just ignore the demon and go back to sleep.

I'm fairly sure you had an incubus sitting on your loin.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Party Boat posted:

I'm sure it's very terrifying but also seems kind of cool, like, I wanna see what it's like when my mind wakes up while body is paralyzing itself. Closest I've got is a weird feeling trying to fall back asleep after being woken from sleepwalking, feels kind of like the bed is infinitely expanding and you shrinking between breaths.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Joke’s on my sleep paralysis demon, I’ve got bad insomnia.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Khanstant posted:

I'm sure it's very terrifying but also seems kind of cool, like, I wanna see what it's like when my mind wakes up while body is paralyzing itself. Closest I've got is a weird feeling trying to fall back asleep after being woken from sleepwalking, feels kind of like the bed is infinitely expanding and you shrinking between breaths.

When I got familiar enough with it that it stopped being terrifying it just became annoying. I don't know that it's a universal thing because a lot of people who claim to have sleep paralysis don't mention it but I get the exact same noise Glenn talked about which for me is the worst thing. It starts like a ringing in my ears that gets louder and louder until it's completely overwhelming. When you don't know what that is it's scary but when you do it's just an irritation stopping you from sleeping properly and I already have one of those in the form of my son.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

you might find the book "Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind" interesting

https://g.co/kgs/iVxRLz

Reading through a few samples and this does indeed appear to be my jam, thanks! And according to this, Charlie was right. By eating cooked food, our bodies could process it more efficiently so we were able to shorten up our intestinal tract, which freed up a lot of bioenergy to devote to our huge brains :eng101:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I was also crying laughing at a couple bits here near the end, Charlie is so loving funny and he totally breaks Glenn

Edit: sorry I should clarify this is about today's podcast

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Party Boat posted:

When I got familiar enough with it that it stopped being terrifying it just became annoying. I don't know that it's a universal thing because a lot of people who claim to have sleep paralysis don't mention it but I get the exact same noise Glenn talked about which for me is the worst thing. It starts like a ringing in my ears that gets louder and louder until it's completely overwhelming. When you don't know what that is it's scary but when you do it's just an irritation stopping you from sleeping properly and I already have one of those in the form of my son.

I can only imagine how irritating it would be to be cognizant, not-terrified, just like, stuck until your brain and body be normal again. It's a very idle curiosity, like, wonder what it's like if your head is chopped off kind of "I just don't know how it feels besides undesireable."

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

This last episode was disappointing. How do they not mention how poorly Dennis and Dee's dad singing "save the children" aged? I was hoping for some discussion on how unfortunate that is in retrospect.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pretty sure they are not doing the podcast just to tear down their guest stars, even if it's for something where they deserve to be torn apart for.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The podcasts are totally right.

Manhattans are really loving good drinks.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I need to borrow all your phones

https://youtube.com/shorts/aE6Ns_odqec

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

why're you rubbin on the phone? lemme rub on it.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

The rest of y'all need to stop going to sleep so early!
New ep up!
https://youtu.be/rJd98ahZPmE

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

Strabo4 posted:

The rest of y'all need to stop going to sleep so early!
New ep up!
https://youtu.be/rJd98ahZPmE

I hope they don't do the phone thing much. It's rough at points.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Super Deuce posted:

I hope they don't do the phone thing much. It's rough at points.

While I enjoy seeing them have fun with talking to fans, I sort of agree.
The best parts of this podcast are when they continuously play off each other and reach strange conversations, and end up with coffee eggs. These phone segments where more like individual 5 minute clips where a portion of the screen time is filled with some nobody.

On the other hand these individual fans are probably ecstatic about this, so I'm happy for them.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I wish I had called that day.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

dorium posted:

I wish I had called that day.

From the toilet?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Super Deuce posted:

From the toilet?

I work from home so yea, I could call from the toilet.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
[toilet flush]

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:same:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Worst season, no discussions, go:

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Feb 20, 2022

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

LittleFuryThings
Jan 11, 2012

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Fat 7

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i assume 7 might wind up being people's favorite bc of bad-opinion "best" episode chardee macdennis, but it does have one of the show's all time worst episodes in frank's brother. to be fair it does have amazing episodes like the jersey shore, frank's little beauties, etc

but i submit that season 8 is actually close to perfection. the gang gets analyzed, frank's back in business, the gang dines out, the cereal defense (a much better bottle episode than chardee), and literally every other episode in the season is fantastic. lots more of the whole gang being represented at their peak

Ratjaculation posted:

no discussions

i choose my words very deliberately

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Gotta go 5 too

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Gang Get Trapped, Frank Reynold's Little Beauties, Sweet Dee Gets Audited and the school reunion two parter are all absolutely perfect episodes, if it wasn't for Frank's Brother there wouldn't be a single episode in the season that wasn't an all-timer

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Six is my favorite, the gang buys a boat is the best

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
The Gang Hits The Road is the episode I use to introduce people to Sunny

Season 5 is also full of absolute bangers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Discussions? Everywhere discussions??