Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

etalian posted:

I want a Kamala/Clinton ticket in 2024 .

It's their turn!

Hillary has far too much ego to relegate herself to veep. President or nothing for her (it'll be nothing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
Really hoping for big dem losses in 2022 to be the thing that dislodges Biden and Kamala and clears the way for a Hillary vs Trump rematch in 2024.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

papersack posted:

nothing for her (it'll be nothing).

Inshallah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bedpan posted:

Really hoping for big dem losses in 2022 to be the thing that dislodges Biden and Kamala and clears the way for a Hillary vs Trump rematch in 2024.

Trumo saved CSPAM in 2016 with all those hilarious mega-threads and the saga of low-energy Jeb!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/undefeatedmatt/status/1491128464833155072

the tweeters get it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i predict they'll delay the student loans one more time so the first payment is due november 1st

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
What are the odds that they don't even try to seat a new Justice so that they can run on it? (and get destroyed)

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

smug jeebus posted:

What are the odds that they don't even try to seat a new Justice so that they can run on it? (and get destroyed)

They're not that dumb. But with how old the Senate is, there's always a chance they won't have a full complement in a few months.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

They're not that dumb. But with how old the Senate is, there's always a chance they won't have a full complement in a few months.

Quoting this so I can throw it back at you in nine months

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Dolphin posted:

i predict they'll delay the student loans one more time so the first payment is due november 1st

That would be stupid. Punt it out just past election day, that way you can blame the renewed payments on people not voting hard enough.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

bedpan posted:

It's amazing that this is a possibility.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

The last thing an Iowa State Fair corndog sees

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Vim Fuego posted:

Also frazzledrip

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Vim Fuego posted:

The last thing a "cheese pizza" sees

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only people delusional enough to think Biden is doing a great job are the same people whose lives weren't really affected at all by the Trump administration. Even my MSNBC watching, satellite radio listener dad thinks Biden hosed up Omicron.

I'm still amazed that any of you have older Democratic family/acquaintances who think Biden did bad with the pandemic, because it seems really easy for them to just go "since the vaccine exists everyone who dies deserved it and the government isn't responsible for people being dumb and not taking the vaccine." They basically have an easy way they can frame all post-vaccine deaths as not being bad.

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yes. a while ago someone in another thread posted excerpts from a book that looked at how the social democratic party in weimar germany was completely and utterly useless and did more to oppose the communists than any of the right wing parties, including the nsdap. the whole thing read exactly like today's democrats to the point if i didn't know where it was from and you'd changed the names and told me it was about the democrats i would've believed you. it had everything from party elites more interested in their own positions and the party itself than winning elections, and more interested in winning elections than actually doing anything. there was even a quote from someone at the time that went something like "they're not entirely inept at winning elections but they have no idea how to actually wield power". and there was at least one instance of them being utterly shocked at some of the election results because they assumed people would just vote for them by default while they did gently caress all to stop nazi rallies in places where the nazis had a decent support base. meanwhile the communists were doing their best to beat the poo poo out of nazis wherever they could, but getting arrested meant you'd go to jail for a good while, while the cops and judiciary was generally sympathetic to nazis and would let them off easily

Those excerpts were great. IIRC it was a regular in the Marxism thread.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

vyelkin posted:

it's the only thing that makes sense within the logic of the chaos world in which we live

The world is so lovely though that it's always the worst possible outcome so what if they win?

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.

Dolphin posted:

Smart move would be to delay payments until 2024 and let the next administration figure it out. But they'll do one of 3 things: (1) keep punting, (2) let them come back and really gently caress the economy, or (3) issue an executive order that cancels like 30-50K in debt (whatever the average is) and then turn them back on for everyone else.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vim Fuego posted:

or a SA gun nut forum mod who had a few unique insights about African tribal cultures.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Exodus1984 posted:

Smart move would be to delay payments until 2024 and let the next administration figure it out. But they'll do one of 3 things: (1) keep punting, (2) let them come back and really gently caress the economy, or (3) issue an executive order that cancels like 30-50K in debt (whatever the average is) and then turn them back on for everyone else.

It's gonna be (2) and it's gonna be hilarious

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/sta...ingawful.com%2F

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

"Don't be scared, honey. Death eventually comes for us all"

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im so scared of coronavirus i cant even find my mask

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

they're mad at him for not Opening Biden lmao

edit: this dude is from SC and i'd assume he got this position because of his fingerprints in knifing bernie. love the idea that these shitheads got exactly what they wanted and they're still completely miserable

No it's because the party's primary goal is using hopeless long shot candidates in red states to hoover more money out of coastal donors and this guy blew through $150mil while losing to Lindsey Graham by 12. He is the perfect avatar of everything Dems aspire to.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

LastInLine posted:

The world is so lovely though that it's always the worst possible outcome so what if they win?

Good news, the dems getting destroyed is less "better" than the alternative and more "funnier," and the one thing hellworld has been pretty good at delivering on is content!

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

shame on an IGA posted:

No it's because the party's primary goal is using hopeless long shot candidates in red states to hoover more money out of coastal donors and this guy blew through $150mil while losing to Lindsey Graham by 12. He is the perfect avatar of everything Dems aspire to.

see also troop Amy McGrath in Kentucky perpetually getting the primary field cleared so she can raise millions of dollars, run against Republicans, and never come close to winning

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

lousy hat posted:

see also troop Amy McGrath in Kentucky perpetually getting the primary field cleared so she can raise millions of dollars, run against Republicans, and never come close to winning

lol i volunteered for her competition because she pissed me off so much

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lousy hat posted:

this poo poo is stunning to see play out election after election. like, the republicans don't even waste the effort to run anyone against wasserman-schultz in my district because they know it's a losing race and they'd never come close to winning - but there are definitely enough gullible rube republicans in the district that would generate profits for a failed campaign staff, but they're not so brazenly spiteful to their base that they'd just take their money for a failed run. The democrats are just so openly brazen about it and their marks have absolutely zero pattern recognition.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

lousy hat posted:

I need to get on that grift

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Lib and let die posted:

this poo poo is stunning to see play out election after election. like, the republicans don't even waste the effort to run anyone against wasserman-schultz in my district because they know it's a losing race and they'd never come close to winning - but there are definitely enough gullible rube republicans in the district that would generate profits for a failed campaign staff, but they're not so brazenly spiteful to their base that they'd just take their money for a failed run. The democrats are just so openly brazen about it and their marks have absolutely zero pattern recognition.

I think the liberal guilt complex is the key difference here. The GOP's big money donors are expecting some kind of transactional benefit in return for their donations. Your typical NPR liberal donates money to no-hope candidates to feel morally virtuous though.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I need to get on that grift

You need to be a war criminal first

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

etalian posted:

or a SA gun nut forum mod who had a few unique insights about African tribal cultures.

*cumtown-ishly* Shaka for example had a small penis (actually historically accurate) and killed thousands of people because of it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Subvisual Haze posted:

I think the liberal guilt complex is the key difference here. The GOP's big money donors are expecting some kind of transactional benefit in return for their donations. Your typical NPR liberal donates money to no-hope candidates to feel morally virtuous though.

also libs all believe there are plenty of good decent republicans out there just waiting to be swayed by the right former troop. republicans in contrast do not think there are any virtues in liberal voting blocks to appeal to. there's no version of "hey I'm in San Francisco running against Nancy pelosi and I'm going to win on real American values" type thing available that would fool R donors for a second.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Real hurthling! posted:

im so scared of coronavirus i cant even find my mask

I had a coronavirus and I got scared that I had the virus and when i was getting out of my chair my mask was slipping and it fell down

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
e: nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Good news, the dems getting destroyed is less "better" than the alternative and more "funnier," and the one thing hellworld has been pretty good at delivering on is content!

it is actually better for the dems to get destroyed. as long as they exist they can squash any leftist movement and uh i dont know how much time we have left before we reach the point of no return here