Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Raccoonboy posted:

the wrestling one with the bad impressions sucks

Counter point: Macho Man impression saying the words "toxic masculinity."

It sucks as soon as that's over though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Let's just say the mod team there isn't above brigading their own members' personal pages and telling them to kill themselves, and leave it at that.

maybe this is a you problem

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Alaois posted:

maybe this is a you problem

:thunk:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
FWIW the only serious FlopHouse fan I’ve met who wasn’t my ex-partner or my best friend—both of whom were introduced to the podcast at the same time that I was, through the first TAZ guest episode the Peaches did back in 2014—is a literal Ethereum mining crypto bro who’s “skeptical” on unions

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Hey I like the Flophouse, but mostly because they actually go over the plots of movies in some sort of detail (much like ABZ) instead of just being like "MAN WASN'T IT WEIRD WHEN THIS HAPPENED?" like most movie podcasts.

I'm sure they deal with all sorts of parasocial relationship poo poo, especially with Stu being a bartender. Of course whatever helps gets butts in seats at a place like a bar in Brooklyn can't hurt, not to mention being a bartender in general makes you develop a real thick skin for loving weirdos.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stuart wellington is right, matt fraction does fuckin suck

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

jeeves posted:

Hey I like the Flophouse, but mostly because they actually go over the plots of movies in some sort of detail (much like ABZ) instead of just being like "MAN WASN'T IT WEIRD WHEN THIS HAPPENED?" like most movie podcasts.
I admit the Flophouse has spoiled me for any other podcast where the topic is a piece of media but they only ever describe it obliquely or by bringing up the parts they think are interesting.

I would love if certain podcasts just took 5 or 10 minutes to overview the thing they're talking about before going down the tangent wormhole.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Flophouse and We Hate Movies are the only movie podcasts I've found that actually talk about the movie plot and all and just do bits/tangents as they come up instead of just a bullet point "WASN'T THAT SO WEIRD???" list that means nothing to people who haven't watched it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

FWIW the only serious FlopHouse fan I’ve met who wasn’t my ex-partner or my best friend—both of whom were introduced to the podcast at the same time that I was, through the first TAZ guest episode the Peaches did back in 2014—is a literal Ethereum mining crypto bro who’s “skeptical” on unions

woah... very troubling if true. hovering my finger over the unsubscribe button as I wait for their official response

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Farg posted:

woah... very troubling if true. hovering my finger over the unsubscribe button as I wait for their official response

I want a statement from Cherry Poppin’ Danny by the end of the week, or I’m cancelling

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Ok Comboomer posted:

I want a statement from Cherry Poppin’ Danny by the end of the week, or I’m cancelling

You should send in a letter

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

You should send in a letter

yeah but then I’ll hear from them in 2023

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Brothers were robbed

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

Brothers were robbed

what?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

If it's Monday and someone posts something ITT that makes no sense to you, it's just from the latest ep. As for the rest of the week, that's just this thread for ya :v:

El Jeffe fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 8, 2022

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Isn't will arnett a sexpest or something?

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

Yea Flophouse and We Hate Movies are the only movie podcasts I've found that actually talk about the movie plot and all and just do bits/tangents as they come up instead of just a bullet point "WASN'T THAT SO WEIRD???" list that means nothing to people who haven't watched it.

Random Horror Podcast Number 9 is good for this as well, which you'd hope so given part of the premise is them explaining the plot for people who don't like watching horror but do want to know what happens.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The only Flophouse related thing I've listened to is when Matt McMuscles is on Talking Simpsons and his youtube stuff. He seems fun though haha.

It's both funny and annoying how little they actually do questions sometimes. But also this is a funny bunch of bits so I don't actually care that much lol.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Bip Roberts posted:

Are you thinking of Jeffrey Tambor?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

iirc Will Arnett's personal life has only really been in the news when he's talked about recovery from alcoholism

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bip Roberts posted:

not that I've ever seen anywhere. looks as though he's taking over a role from actual cannibal Armie Hammer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goddamn this week's episode of MBMBaM was a chaotic mess. Post money zone was all over the place. Good episode.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I do agree that celebrities doing internet things is annoying. Podcasts and youtube videos and whatnot are for randos!

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Good Listener posted:

The only Flophouse related thing I've listened to is when Matt McMuscles is on Talking Simpsons and his youtube stuff. He seems fun though haha.

It's both funny and annoying how little they actually do questions sometimes. But also this is a funny bunch of bits so I don't actually care that much lol.

Matt's Flophouse is unrelated to that podcast, he just named his twitch/channel that.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

zerofiend posted:

Matt's Flophouse is unrelated to that podcast, he just named his twitch/channel that.

Oh well uhh..nevermind then!

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I used to be part of a Last Podcast On The Left Facebook group and they're the worst podcast fanbase by a mile. Half of them are chuds who piss and moan if the new episode wasn't the bleakest most extreme story of misery possible, to the point that a lot of them agreed the U.S.S. Indianapolis episode was "a good turnaround."

They'd also bring up how much they admire Joe Rogan apropos of nothing. I wonder how they're reacting to LPOTL leaving Spotify just as this whole boycott took off.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

grittyreboot posted:

I used to be part of a Last Podcast On The Left Facebook group and they're the worst podcast fanbase by a mile. Half of them are chuds who piss and moan if the new episode wasn't the bleakest most extreme story of misery possible, to the point that a lot of them agreed the U.S.S. Indianapolis episode was "a good turnaround."

They'd also bring up how much they admire Joe Rogan apropos of nothing. I wonder how they're reacting to LPOTL leaving Spotify just as this whole boycott took off.

I can’t imagine why a show that roughly 50% consists of a white dude screaming in offensive accents at the top of his lungs for the sake of role playing the character “dumb hilarious murder victim” in every episode would attract that sort of crowd

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
oh no it's real

https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/1491404774780153869?s=20&t=MUU6GcxPXuYlUEq6mpmlFA

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Don't drill a hole in your headconstituent.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
:shrug: I'd probably vote for her if I could

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What worries me the most is I think they actually believe that. Mr. Smith Goes To Washington is a cautionary tale for a reason.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
She'd be a big improvement over many of the current chucklefucks in office. I don't think she'll win though, even in her district.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just hope they stay realistic. I have a couple of friends who ran for office, and they both went in saying that knew they weren't going to win, they were just doing it to send a message, then they both got a big outshowing of support from the local left-wing crowd to the point where they started to think "I could actually win this thing!"

And then they didn't, and they were both messed up over it for a long time

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

if she does somehow win does sawbones go away

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Sankis posted:

if she does somehow win does sawbones go away

The WV govt is only in session for like... 45 days or something from Jan - mid Feb unless the governor calls a special session to do some wild bullshit. Members of the house of delegates and senate usually have other jobs.

So I would guess they'd maybe take a hiatus every so often but who knows.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah a lot of our states would be a lot better off if we had professional lawmakers where it was a real job, but unfortunately that part where you need to be so economically secure you can take a few months off every year is a feature not a bug

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Bringing back this classic for no reason

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1209235912569303042?s=21

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cool, a rerun of three pages ago

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gently caress yeah bro, I forgot all about this for five minutes

gently caress yeah

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

I sure do believe it was for no reason and not to whine some more about the poor oppressed snake oil salesman just trying to lie about his fake medicine, do you guys have a channel somewhere