Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Aquila posted:

Should I wait to open my founders pack or anything else until I settle on character class I like?

I think if you're happy with your server choice you can start pulling stuff out of the shop inventory that holds the founders stuff. You might want to wait before using the skins. The platinum skin at least is one character only, I'm not sure how the northern lawmaker skin works. All founder pack skins are apparently one character only. But you can activate the crystalline aura and it should turn on for everyone on your account.

bagrada fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I played the panty class during beta and it felt so bad and weird, the whole thing, of bimbo walking and gathering old panties to hold into my inventory that I gave up on it.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

Cao Ni Ma posted:

a lot of people are going to see soulfist and be baited into thinking you are goku but like 90% of your power is behind your ult and always feels anemic if you dont have and it feels terrible if you miss it.

From a few pages back but does this mean soulfist is kind of like monk/champion from ragnarok online? like it uses something akin to asura strike/guillotine fist...

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Oh no I have become addicted to the see collecting... they are in dungeons and in spots not on the map :negative:

For the adventurer's journal, can you complete them before leaving an area or are you supposed to come back later after unlocks or other reasons?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tugboat Willy posted:

Is the best way to level just doing the main quest line? I played a bit yesterday after work and I picked up every quest but it felt so slow.

Yea, just do the main story quest line. Ignore everything else.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

whalestory posted:

From a few pages back but does this mean soulfist is kind of like monk/champion from ragnarok online? like it uses something akin to asura strike/guillotine fist...

Not really. Asura knocked out all your MP and it was mostly used to OTK people in PVP. Most monks used that ball fling ability for sustained damage. Also asura was a point and click.

Soulfist is a rollercoaster where you keep going down and spike up when your ults cooldown and hype line up. And the spirit bomb has like a 4 second wind up and most bosses constantly jump around screen so its really easy to miss if you dont know whats happening.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

I played the panty class during beta and it felt so bad and weird, the whole thing, of bimbo walking and gathering old panties to hold into my inventory that I gave up on it.

Uh, what?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/Naguura/status/1491221717834149890

My character can liquefy enemies with her fists and perform acrobatic derring-do but has this run cycle. I laughed really hard when I noticed it too.

I absolutely love it. It is so incredibly dramatic and extra. :kiss:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

The armor icons for pants on sorcerors are underwear

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Ya that’s objectively funny and not ‘panty collecting’ unless you’re a guy that thinks about panty collecting commonly. Same for everyone talking about bimbos.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

aperfectcirclefan posted:

What's the most brain dead class to play, Sorcerer?

Absolutely Zerker so far.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

:chloe: It is just an icon on a tool tip. Does it really matter if the armor image looks like that? Does it really detract that much from just putting on the armor and going on with your gameplay? Weird thing to say either way, OP.

Anyway, there is comedy and honesty in those tooltip images. A lot of the time, the character has on a dress - so having full pants as a tooltip would be a little weird because it doesn't match what is in the game. Like... a sense of humor goes a long way in this game, and changing it to pants because it makes you uncomfortable for whatever reason - calling it the "panty bimbo" class is really weird.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

A) I spent a good portion of yesterday thinking "I'd really like to get this lady some actual clothes" and B) I hope mashing buttons randomly continues to be a viable playstyle

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Sorc is fun as gently caress so far

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Those specific pants are exactly what the tooltip is, except for the fancy boots

The dress parts are the chest armor

Lawmaker A is pretty badass:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kaysette posted:

It’s so bad lol, this is a gorgeous game but I really hate that every character is styled as either Bimbo McHugeTits or Brock Thickchest. The face options are fine but no body or stance customization kind of sucks.

They should have followed Saints Row and Red Dead Online's lead and allow you to choose your walk/run animations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Okay I wasn't really sold on much outside of the fighting but (level 26ish msq) The Wall was pretty fuckin rad.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I've been asking for less pants to help counter the negative influences

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I hit like 23 on the sorc yesterday in a couple of hours, and then I played a pally for a bit as well. Sorceress is what you would expect. You are fairly squishy and you make guys explode at range. I liked what I played although I had some problems with dying to the world bosses occasionally.

Paladin was weird, because you are a support who really does not start with any support skills at all. I feel like I'm doing OK damage, but you don't get your damage shield skill until level 28 and damage reduction is like level 50. So I had fun playing but only managed to actually do any "support" with my identity skill aura once in a dungeon.

The story is incomprehensible to me, but I was drinking fairly heavily and going to get more beer during cutscenes so maybe that is on me. All in all a good time day one. I also managed to time the 8400 person queue so that I remoted in from work before I left and was sitting at the login screen ready to go when I got home. We'll see if I can manage that again today.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Wow, no queue. Hope that keeps up :v:

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
The combat feels great.

The dialog and voice acting....oof.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Fried Watermelon posted:

The armor icons for pants on sorcerors are underwear

When I saw this on my character, I was like "Oh, I got a new belt. Wait... no, those are pants."

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
hopefully it gets better soon, but after ~2 and a half hours of playing my shadowhunter, I've managed to fill up the bar to transform into a demon exactly once.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I am having the toughest time with connection issues. I can't even make it through character creation without getting a server connection problem and the client closing. I tried to mess around on my lunch hour and spend the first 40 mins mostly looking at the client splash screen :/.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

joepinetree posted:

hopefully it gets better soon, but after ~2 and a half hours of playing my shadowhunter, I've managed to fill up the bar to transform into a demon exactly once.

In the paladin vs bard video, the guy commented that the bars fill up much faster at higher levels. Specifically for bards he mentioned they'd have to get in close and hit the boss a few times to build the meter to then get their damage buff or heal off.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

The tripod stuff is really cool, and I love the way they can completely change how your skills work. It’s definitely fun to try all the different options, and you can probably level just fine without allocating any of your points, but if you’re like me and wanna murder poo poo as hard as humanly possible this site has good leveling guides: https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/berserker-leveling-guide.

They’ve got a little slider that you can set to your current level and it’ll tell you how to respec for maximum murder. I don’t particularly care about leveling fast, but consolidating all my misc points into one hard hitting skill feels way better to me. Seems like the general strategy is to put points in random utility skills until you have enough to put 7 or 10 in a damage ability, rinse and repeat until 50.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar

Cardboard Fox posted:

The combat feels great.

The dialog and voice acting....oof.

The voice acting is probably one of the worst I've listened to. I actually miss the Russian voice acting now...

The fact they used basically one person to voice all of the female NPCs wouldn't normally be bad, except she uses the same drat voice for all of them!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

joepinetree posted:

Endgame shadow hunters have a build thats literally transformed 95% of the time. If runs out you do like 2 or 3 cooldowns back to back and go back into demon.

Its also the most faceroll combination of the game. You dont have to worry about cooldown windows or syncing with your allies or whatever, just hit button as they go out of cooldown.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Pragmatica posted:

:chloe: It is just an icon on a tool tip. Does it really matter if the armor image looks like that? Does it really detract that much from just putting on the armor and going on with your gameplay? Weird thing to say either way, OP.

Anyway, there is comedy and honesty in those tooltip images. A lot of the time, the character has on a dress - so having full pants as a tooltip would be a little weird because it doesn't match what is in the game. Like... a sense of humor goes a long way in this game, and changing it to pants because it makes you uncomfortable for whatever reason - calling it the "panty bimbo" class is really weird.

it would be nice if it didn't scream kpop, known for exploiting women, or there was a male equivalent

instead it doesn't look good

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Are there any ranged classes that involve stutter stepping. I like that sometimes

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Google Butt posted:

What's the best class for controller

help pls

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

I've only played scrapper with it so far but it seems pretty well suited for the most part. I'd imagine anything melee with minimal or no ground-targeted attacks would be fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zerker.

Spin to win.

Saki
Jan 9, 2008

Can't you feel the knife?
What server are euro goons settling on?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

it would be nice if it didn't scream kpop, known for exploiting women, or there was a male equivalent

instead it doesn't look good

yeah I don't think it's remotely weird to be creeped out by the lens this game puts on female characters

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It would be really great to not have to always have stiletto heels on.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Zerker.

Spin to win.

Wardancer has a spin too, and it's good, but I don't know if it's as impactful as the zerker.

Eimi posted:

It would be really great to not have to always have stiletto heels on.

Heresy!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I got to the cutscene with all the demon lords talking after you find the first ark and...is their boss supposed to be silent? Every time it was talking the screen was shaking and there were subtitles but no voice audio, not even some kind of demonic rumble or roar. If that was intended it certainly didn't feel like it was.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

admanb posted:

yeah I don't think it's remotely weird to be creeped out by the lens this game puts on female characters

I was excited by all the cool armor displayed on my Gunslinger character creation and then my starter armor was some tiny booty shorts. With the walking cam all up in her rear end. Pretty disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Noirex posted:

I was excited by all the cool armor displayed on my Gunslinger character creation and then my starter armor was some tiny booty shorts. With the walking cam all up in her rear end. Pretty disappointing.

Never have I been so glad to splurge money on a founder's pack as I was to realize doing so got my Gunslinger honest-to-goodness pants.