Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Isn't Mick Foley a really good guy? I think I heard he was.

A friend of mine watched the documentary he made about people that dress up as Santa and decided that he wanted to do that. So last year he retired from being a cop, went to an actual Santa academy halfway across the country and decided he wanted to be the Santa for families that couldn't visit Santa due to the pandemic (kids with chronic conditions, autism, etc). Ended up just completely isolating from around October to January, had all groceries delivered and didn't go out aside from visiting kids whose parents reached out to him. (and always wore a mask under his beard, told kids as Santa he was worried that kids wouldn't recognize him without his beard so he used magic to put a mask under it, and always got tested before doing a visit).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

That doc runs the gamut of Santas too, I put it on and my girlfriend was like I DON'T CARE ABOUT WRESTLING and then about 20 minutes in was completely engrossed until the end and wanted to talk about it

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Trollologist posted:

The real story about how Vince sucks rear end is the tragic tale of Zach Ryder.

I hope someone with more history knowledge can elaborate on him

Oh God no. Poor Zach's career.

Look how they massacred my boy.

E:

Elephant Ambush posted:

I have good news. Since he left WWE he's been one of the top draws in the indies, particularly Game Changer Wrestling which features guest appearances by Mick Foley on a semi regular basis.

He goes by his real name Matt Cardona and his heel gimmick is great. The whole thing is "I used to be in WWE therefore I am a huge star and everyone must love me" and gets really mad when people don't give him that respect. It's pretty great and I'm happy for him.

This is true, and it's awesome he finally landed on his feet. He is completely unrecognizable from his Hype Bros days. And I miss those days.

Time_pants fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 9, 2022

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Zach Ryder has been on a huge tear on the indies playing an rear end in a top hat who still uses WWE quirks like calling himself a Superstar instead of a wrestler, calling the independent scene below him, stuff like that. Well he started doing this poo poo in GCW which is a promotion known for death match wrestling, light tubes, barbed wire, the works.

Here's a video of him winning the GCW title in his first death match, against probably the #1 fan favorite death match wrestler in wrestling today, Nick Gage. The crowd goes nuclear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGqFy5-yKE

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Jamesman posted:

The Spirit Squad

anxiously waiting to hear about these ghosts

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Trollologist posted:

The real story about how Vince sucks rear end is the tragic tale of Zach Ryder.

I hope someone with more history knowledge can elaborate on him

Zack Ryder started out as part of a generic tag team called the Major Brothers on WWE's C-tier show. Eventually, he and his partner Curt Hawkins were on the main roster for a bit as the Edgeheads, two guys who were Edge fanatics and acted as his henchmen while dressing up like him. Once that ran its course, Zack started to figure himself out as a supporting character on a comedy web series the Dirt Sheet, run by the tag team Miz and Morrison. Zack started acting like a Long Island douche bro and would randomly yell "WOO WOO WEE WOO WOO!" which later just became "WOO WOO WOO! You know it!"

On TV, he was little more than a flamboyant jobber. Thing is, Zack was kind of revolutionary for the wrestling business as he was the first guy to really use social media to his advantage. He was big with Twitter before that was really a thing. He then started making his own weekly YouTube series called Z! True Long Island Story. Initially, this wasn't an official WWE show, but various wrestlers would show up on it. He really got a huge following with it to the point that people started chanting "WE WANT RYDER!" at shows.

WWE was more annoyed than anything. They even did a show in Long Island, told him that they were going to do something big with him, then proceeded to not use him for anything as a joke. It's not like he didn't have support! Much of the locker room seemed to really like the guy, especially John Cena and CM Punk. It's just that Vince and the other guys in charge were mad that he got popular without their consent. Because wrestling is loving stupid sometimes.

Eventually, they relented... for a bit. They gave him a brief run as United States Champion. He was so popular that when the Rock came back to wrestling for a little bit, the fans were chanting "WE WANT RYDER!" during one of his post-show promos and Rock was talking up how great (and freaking tall) Zack was.

So Zack loses his championship and that's when poo poo starts to go bad. Since Cena is his friend, they do this storyline where Kane starts beating the poo poo out of Zack on a weekly basis just to piss off Cena. Not only does Zack look more and more pathetic by the week, but it leads to his love interest Eve Torres making out with Cena in front of a dejected Zack in a wheelchair. WWE also took control of his web series and closed it down. Not that it mattered, as Zack had lost his creative momentum and will to even try at that point.

Zack spent years after that on the WWE roster, doing very little. At one WrestleMania they did a multi-man ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship and they very randomly had Zack win it, only to drop the title the next night. The guy went through a couple tag team pairings that ultimately went nowhere because WWE hates tag teams. Eventually, he was let go, having spent his prime sitting in catering.

He showed up very briefly in AEW, but he wasn't signed. After that, he found success in GCW as an rear end in a top hat who turns his nose to the indies because he was once a WWE big shot.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Ryder’s also a huge nerd that’s always guesting on YouTube shows and podcasts about action figures and theme parks.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gavok posted:

So Zack loses his championship and that's when poo poo starts to go bad. Since Cena is his friend, they do this storyline where Kane starts beating the poo poo out of Zack on a weekly basis just to piss off Cena. Not only does Zack look more and more pathetic by the week, but it leads to his love interest Eve Torres making out with Cena in front of a dejected Zack in a wheelchair. WWE also took control of his web series and closed it down. Not that it mattered, as Zack had lost his creative momentum and will to even try at that point.

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Bootesta and the whole Roman reigns "suffering succotash" is the most recent thing I remember about Vince being an absolute crybaby about wanting his big musclemen to get over and the crowd just...rejecting it wholesale. I stopped watching after that.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I grew up watching NWA/WCW as well as the USWA or whatever the Memphis territory was called. It was run by Jerry Jarrett who is the father of Jeff Jarrett. Its also where Andy Kaufman had his legendary feud with Jerry Lawler.

This channel has tons of old footage and, last time I checked, nearly every weekly installment of the Kaufman/Lawler story.

https://www.youtube.com/user/popculturestu

There's also a documentary called I'm From Hollywood which also includes some highlights.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Trollologist posted:

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Bootesta and the whole Roman reigns "suffering succotash" is the most recent thing I remember about Vince being an absolute crybaby about wanting his big musclemen to get over and the crowd just...rejecting it wholesale. I stopped watching after that.

It's insane to me that Vince would rather throw his toys out of the pram rather than make money off of other people's ideas and just giving people what they want, but I guess that's why I'm not a billionaire and/or psychopath.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Vince Mcmahon isn't a billionaire either, LOL!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Peggy Edson posted:

Certainly not after his wife's senate campaigns.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Peggy Edson posted:

Sorry. As CM Punk famously said: "A millionaire that should be a billionaire."

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Stupid of Vince to not make a Billion Dollar belt thereby safeguarding his wealth tangibly and above insult from failed vegan hair slickers.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm gonna be fascinated to see what happens to WWE after Vince kicks it. When you cut the head off the chicken, is it going to survive like Mike the Headless Chicken? Or is there going to be a power struggle, since I presume Vince really hasn't designated anyone to take over after he dies (because he will never die; he is immortal)

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, I'll get to Vince's counter-productive use of Daniel Bryan soon enough.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

shadow puppet of a posted:

Stupid of Vince to not make a Billion Dollar belt thereby safeguarding his wealth tangibly and above insult from failed vegan hair slickers.

Belt is on the list of forbidden words. Say "title" instead.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm gonna be fascinated to see what happens to WWE after Vince kicks it. When you cut the head off the chicken, is it going to survive like Mike the Headless Chicken? Or is there going to be a power struggle, since I presume Vince really hasn't designated anyone to take over after he dies (because he will never die; he is immortal)

He's going to sell the whole company to whomever before that happens. He thinks he's running Marvel.
Otherwise there's a dude called Nick Khan who looks to be the next CEO and Prez

I still think the most chilling report of WWE culture was when Vicky Guerrero did an interview after coming to AEW and commenting that people will look you in the eye like it was some kind of revelation.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Speculation right now is that he's trying to sell the company and that the reason it hasn't been sold yet is because he wants way too much money for it.

I have nothing to back up any of this so take it with a huge chunk of salt.

If that is true and it gets sold then it's in the hands of whoever buys it, although I fully expect Stephanie to still be involved and treat everyone like poo poo the same way her dad does.

edit: the reason for the speculation is all the mass firings and cost cutting they've been doing in the last couple years. They seem to be following a similar pattern to what other companies do when they're trying to sell. Again, there is nothing confirmed, just people noticing business practice patterns.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 9, 2022

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

This is actually nauseating.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

These are unedited, aren't they? Every time I try to watch WWE, I end up turning it off really quick because the camera style drives me loving insane

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Why are you posting Metal Gear cutscene gifs in the wrestling thread?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I have a vague memory of head being screwed onto a bottle of head and shoulders so it could be pinned in a tag team match. I dunno if that happened or if it was a fever dream.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I have a vague memory of head being screwed onto a bottle of head and shoulders so it could be pinned in a tag team match. I dunno if that happened or if it was a fever dream.

It was a fever dream, but it was a fever dream that happened in the waking world.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I’m dying to see a post Vince and really
Post McMahon wwe and am super curious for how it will play out. I don’t think he iswrong to ask a fortune, closer to what activision blizzard sold to ms for than the idiot fire sale that was starwars lucasarts going to Disney

Which nicely excludes any sound minded private equity type drain it dry organizations or coalition of pension funds that need to park 7 billion somewhere fast and means the wwe will got to a real lunatic like the Saudi king-in-waiting or his next richest rival along the straight of Hormuz after a dispute over a polo pony blows up out of proportion to steal away his beloved Yokozuna memories and tarnish them in spite

What excites me is that the McMahon jr era could be the sane stable one once the next monied arrogant tyrant gets a hold of it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

shadow puppet of a posted:

I’m dying to see a post Vince and really
Post McMahon wwe and am super curious for how it will play out. I don’t think he iswrong to ask a fortune, closer to what activision blizzard sold to ms for than the idiot fire sale that was starwars lucasarts going to Disney

Which nicely excludes any sound minded private equity type drain it dry organizations or coalition of pension funds that need to park 7 billion somewhere fast and means the wwe will got to a real lunatic like the Saudi king-in-waiting or his next richest rival along the straight of Hormuz after a dispute over a polo pony blows up out of proportion to steal away his beloved Yokozuna memories and tarnish them in spite

What excites me is that the McMahon jr era could be the sane stable one once the next monied arrogant tyrant gets a hold of it.

McMahon Jr. is Shane and he got fired the day after the Royal Rumble. If he intends to leave any kind of meaningful power to Stephanie and/or HHH at all then nothing will fundamentally change.

If you want to see what a sane billionaire does with a wrestling company then watch AEW.

Speaking of which, AEW Dynamite is on tonight at 7pm CST on TBS if any of you lapsed fans want to try getting back into wrestling.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Watched some AEW, thought it was pretty decent. Wrestling was a little crunchy at times or maybe I need to build up my suspension of disbelief a bit after not watching any in a decade (outside of re-watching the best WrestleMania, X-Seven, a few times while high).

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know who else got hosed because he got popular without Vince's consent? Rusev. I'm sure someone could give the whole story better than me, so I'll just give my brief story.

I used to watch WWE off and on in the 2000s but fell off until the mid 2010s. Right before I got back to watching it, had a customer tell me I resembled Rusev. I got back to WWE and he easily became one of my favorites. A couple years later we went to Smackdown being filmed in Glendale, by Cardinal Stadium. Like Rusev, one of our friends is from Rusev, and we brought him with us. It was his first and only WWE live event he'd ever been to. This episode happened to be the very birth of RUSEV DAY. Nobody knew this going in. They gave Rusev a segment where he got his own holiday and held a ceremony by an actual Bulgarian mayor. They made everyone stand up and Rusev sang the Bulgarian national anthem. It was pretty incredible. Then the coward Randy Orton came and attacked them.

Anyway. Rusev Day would end up being incredibly popular. From then on, "RUSEV DAY" would be chanted by audiences on air and at live events. I even heard people chant it at NXT house shows, which were untelevised and not something he was part of. TODAY IS RUSEV DAY shirts constantly sold out.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but they'd just never let him win much of anything at that point. They killed Rusev Day. Eventually he got released. I'm glad he's thriving in AEW.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Remember that time on a foreign TV show where Bam Bam Bigelow grabbed a dude by the neck of his shirt because he asked if wrestling was fake? That was awkward.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

McMahon Jr. is Shane and he got fired the day after the Royal Rumble. If he intends to leave any kind of meaningful power to Stephanie and/or HHH at all then nothing will fundamentally change.

If you want to see what a sane billionaire does with a wrestling company then watch AEW.

Speaking of which, AEW Dynamite is on tonight at 7pm CST on TBS if any of you lapsed fans want to try getting back into wrestling.

I think I remember NXT being decent when it was (mostly) ran by Trips. Then again I only watched it when Nakamura was on there. I would expect that if the power would flow to Steph or him the programming might improve at least a little.

Respect to the batshit fucker Vince for building up the WWE/pro wrestling in the West, but unless the entire thing implodes without him I feel like it can only get better no who the followup will be.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know who else got hosed because he got popular without Vince's consent? Rusev. I'm sure someone could give the whole story better than me, so I'll just give my brief story.

I used to watch WWE off and on in the 2000s but fell off until the mid 2010s. Right before I got back to watching it, had a customer tell me I resembled Rusev. I got back to WWE and he easily became one of my favorites. A couple years later we went to Smackdown being filmed in Glendale, by Cardinal Stadium. Like Rusev, one of our friends is from Rusev, and we brought him with us. It was his first and only WWE live event he'd ever been to. This episode happened to be the very birth of RUSEV DAY. Nobody knew this going in. They gave Rusev a segment where he got his own holiday and held a ceremony by an actual Bulgarian mayor. They made everyone stand up and Rusev sang the Bulgarian national anthem. It was pretty incredible. Then the coward Randy Orton came and attacked them.

Anyway. Rusev Day would end up being incredibly popular. From then on, "RUSEV DAY" would be chanted by audiences on air and at live events. I even heard people chant it at NXT house shows, which were untelevised and not something he was part of. TODAY IS RUSEV DAY shirts constantly sold out.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but they'd just never let him win much of anything at that point. They killed Rusev Day. Eventually he got released. I'm glad he's thriving in AEW.

Per Gavok from the AEW primer thread I linked earlier:

Gavok posted:

Miro was Rusev, who represented Russia despite being Bulgarian. Whatever. He spent a long while being an unbeatable hoss. They payoff was losing a feud to John Cena and that’s when the problems started. See, Rusev’s real-life girlfriend was his valet Lana. Vince McMahon thought Lana was hot and for some reason it broke his mind that she’d be with Rusev. He put together a storyline where Lana left him for Dolph Ziggler while Rusev just got Summer Rae to dress like Lana. The storyline came to an abrupt end when TMZ reported that Rusev and Lana were engaged.

Rusev started teaming up with Aiden English and got over huge with his “Rusev Day” gimmick. Crowds went crazy for him and would constantly chant for him. Vince still refused to push him. He even refused to acknowledge his popularity. Rusev sold out all of his merchandise? Well, I guess they just made too little, then. When Rusev’s contract was nearing its end, Vince tried to sweeten things up for him in hopes of making him re-sign. Said sweetening was a main-event storyline where Lana was cheating on him with Bobby Lashley and Rusev was made to look like a total dork.

That was all she wrote for Rusev, who left the company. Once Miro appeared in AEW, Lana started a storyline where she was put through a table week after week.

Then he went to AEW and

Gavok posted:

“THE REDEEMER” MIRO

When Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford were getting ready for their wedding, Kip revealed Miro (WWE’s Rusev) as not only his best man, but THE Best Man. United by their love for video games, the two were a real force as a tag team. Some thought Miro was a little too goofy, what with his interest in gaming and his fashion choices, but as he dominated the ring, the real Miro underneath started to boil through. Underneath the smiles was a vicious beast of a man who wanted to crush everyone in his way to prove his dominance.

When Kip took the pin for a major tag match, Miro showed his true colors by hunting down the elusive Kip, brutalizing him, then explaining, “I forgive you.” From there, he’s become a singles competitor, who thanks God for giving him the strength to make short work of all of his opponents, with extra thanks for giving him a crazy hot wife who can do splits.

He had a really long run with the TNT title and only lost it to Sammy Guevara because he had a hamstring injury. He's currently taking time off to heal and hang out on a boat with his hot wife.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

Per Gavok from the AEW primer thread I linked earlier:

Then he went to AEW and

He had a really long run with the TNT title and only lost it to Sammy Guevara because he had a hamstring injury. He's currently taking time off to heal and hang out on a boat with his hot wife.

Ah ah ah! Hot, flexible wife. He would definitely not want you to leave that part out.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Is rusev still regarded as a national shame back in Bulgaria? Did the pink kitten sweater thing help or is he now an object of open scorn rather than the mere unease and embarrassment as was during his wwe run?

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
While all these stores about how old people can't tell a good story are funny, there's something you need to know about wrestling that isn't really touched on.

Wrestling used to be an actual scam. It was fake fighting portrayed as legitimate competition. These are the days of the super old legends, guys that are so far back in history they're really only important to wrestling dorks. Guys like Lou Thesz and George Hackenschmidt. You may have heard of Bruno Sammartino, and that's getting young. So, why is this important?

A lot of wrestling tradition was for a long time (and still is in some circles) mired in this idea that the fanbase is mostly "marks" (people they are fooling) and only a minority of fans are "smarks" or, people that know it's a show. Here's Hulk Hogan calling people marks:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152?s=20&t=_XeoYZBzPCaWjn9id3nh0A

So, just take a second and let the :psyduck: sit in.

Yes. Everyone that has watched 1 wrestling match in the era of MMA knows this is show or play or whatever you want to call it. And also Yes, old school management still thinks that YOU believe this is real.

And this is where the disconnect lays. Old school management (Vince and his ilk), absolutely DESPISES people that are "in" on the product. And hate anyone that would "expose the business" by, like, acting like it's a promotion. If you know wrestling is a staged event, they hate you, and have convinced themselves that if they blur the line about what is or isn't wrestling, you'll get tricked and just be a mark. This shows up in a lot of weird ways over the years:

Brian Pillman using a storyline contract negotiation to get a real contract negotiation.

Daniel Bryan's insane title win

CM Punk's, well his entire career with WWE really, but the pipe bomb comes to mind.

So the next time you're wondering why Vince isn't just listening to the obvious chants from the crowd the answer is that he genuinely believes that you think these are real fights and he's fooling you.

I've been in enough wrestling writing sessions to see this up close (with Indy promoters, and small town wrestlers).

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Rusev made his entrance at Wrestlemania riding atop a god damned tank.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

Trollologist posted:

While all these stores about how old people can't tell a good story are funny, there's something you need to know about wrestling that isn't really touched on.

Wrestling used to be an actual scam. It was fake fighting portrayed as legitimate competition. These are the days of the super old legends, guys that are so far back in history they're really only important to wrestling dorks. Guys like Lou Thesz and George Hackenschmidt. You may have heard of Bruno Sammartino, and that's getting young. So, why is this important?

A lot of wrestling tradition was for a long time (and still is in some circles) mired in this idea that the fanbase is mostly "marks" (people they are fooling) and only a minority of fans are "smarks" or, people that know it's a show. Here's Hulk Hogan calling people marks:

https://twitter.com/HulkHogan/status/125437560418865152?s=20&t=_XeoYZBzPCaWjn9id3nh0A

So, just take a second and let the :psyduck: sit in.

Yes. Everyone that has watched 1 wrestling match in the era of MMA knows this is show or play or whatever you want to call it. And also Yes, old school management still thinks that YOU believe this is real.

And this is where the disconnect lays. Old school management (Vince and his ilk), absolutely DESPISES people that are "in" on the product. And hate anyone that would "expose the business" by, like, acting like it's a promotion. If you know wrestling is a staged event, they hate you, and have convinced themselves that if they blur the line about what is or isn't wrestling, you'll get tricked and just be a mark. This shows up in a lot of weird ways over the years:

Brian Pillman using a storyline contract negotiation to get a real contract negotiation.

Daniel Bryan's insane title win

CM Punk's, well his entire career with WWE really, but the pipe bomb comes to mind.

So the next time you're wondering why Vince isn't just listening to the obvious chants from the crowd the answer is that he genuinely believes that you think these are real fights and he's fooling you.

I've been in enough wrestling writing sessions to see this up close (with Indy promoters, and small town wrestlers).

Didnt Vince McMahon finally publicly admit in the 80s (as part of some legal hearing) that it was fixed and therefore not a sport so that he could pay less taxes or something?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Didnt Vince McMahon finally publicly admit in the 80s (as part of some legal hearing) that it was fixed and therefore not a sport so that he could pay less taxes or something?

It was done his way to partially pay less taxes, but also to get out from being under the authority and regulation of state athletic commissions.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone remember that time that Ray Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero arguably the 2 greatest Latino wrestlers in WWE history, had to solve a custody dispute....

With a ladder match?

They literally hung custody papers from the rafters and fought over the parenting rights of a child.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Raymond Stereo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

gbs but from 2004 posted:

Yeah it was a dodge to avoid the regulations and requirements put forward by state boxing and wrestling commissions