Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZEMFv5lMns/?utm_medium=copy_link
Why does it sound like a farm engine

Is he lugging the poo poo out of it or is this some weird diesel thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That is a royal enfield, they start to deliver functional torque at about 1500rpm but you can absolutely lug them lower as that guy is doing, probably not the best idea in the long run but eh, it's RE you're on a clock whatever you do. Long stroke + low compression = a really lovely steam engine.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dog Case posted:

660 cc thumper. My friend's RE Classic sounds kind of like that.

You know what else sounds like that? The 2000cc NSU Bison.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygyk_eCMGzU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/qsQ7MXnZ-pc

Saw this one in a dashcam compilation. It's like no one actually learns anything from these videos.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"Just a reminder on how quick things can go south."

there are a lot of words i could use to describe that crash, but "quick" is not among them

e: lmfao the end card saying it's WET SALTY ROADS. of course it is, buddy. you didn't lose traction once the entire time, just rode directly off the road into the dirt, but sure, blame the road conditions

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 10, 2022

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Can you actually target fixate going that slowly?

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Good road + bad rider = excellent YouTube

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

knox_harrington posted:

I don't think he even fixated, assuming that's a chin-mounted cam he's at least turning his head towards the inside, I think he just froze up.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It started out with him just going wide because he's never leaned more than 20 degrees in his life, and then when he started to go off the road, he fixated and just rode into the dirt where a teeny extra push on the left would have brought him back in line.

Fixation starts at 0:29, right at the moment he starts saying "fukfukfukfukfuk"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah bizarrely, even though Harleys have no lean angle, he didn't max out the lean angle

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went back to the chase camera to make sure after my first watch. Not even close to touching a foot board.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Toe Rag posted:

Good road + bad rider = excellent YouTube

These comments are much better if you read them in a Hulk Hogan voice

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Deeters posted:

https://youtu.be/qsQ7MXnZ-pc

Saw this one in a dashcam compilation. It's like no one actually learns anything from these videos.

Fitty pence and the layerdans, timeless band.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

HELL YEAH BROTHER that is also the way to read the SCREAMIN EAGLE PARTS CATALOGUE, DUDE, with contents like the SCREAMIN EAGLE RAM CHARGE STAGE 3 INTAKE MATTE BLACK, AMEN BROTHER! or the DETACHABLE QUICK RELEASE SISSY BAR RUNNING WILD ON YOUR FAT BOY/WIDE GLIDE/SUPER GLIDE

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Did he actually end up reaching his front brake? I can see his hand fluttering about i think and then the rear steps out on the dusty part.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

He foolishly touched the layer dan lever and that's why he crashed.

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Dog Case posted:

It might be either extreme lugging of the 1 cyl gasoline engine, but it could also be the 350cc diesel version that was sold for a while in india only.
Or someone who spooned their own diesel into it...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

knox_harrington posted:

I would say no, but the point is moot(moot).

Dog Case posted:

This rules, I count 125 rpm

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Gorson posted:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Gorson posted:

:master:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

There's a subreddit called HOGforNoobs where everyone posts like that, but in a satirical way. Like, NO WAY BRO YOU CAN'T RIDE WHEN IT'S BELOW 70 OUT YOU'LL VOID THE WARRANTY. It's hilarious, and a great contrast to the actual Harley subreddit where people also post in basically the same way, but earnestly.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r71zt8XTzM1r0uzl6.mp4

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
It just keeps getting worse. Why the gently caress did he even get off?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It looks like he was trying to check out something on the front of the bike, though I have no idea what.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

It looks like he was trying to check out something on the front of the bike, though I have no idea what.

I'm trying to understand why he thought it would stand up on it's own, did he accidentally fold the self-retracting side stand? So bizarre.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
He saw the MP3 pulling up next to him and wanted to check if his scooter had two front wheels too.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I think that actually is an MP3? Or a copy thereof? I know there are some copies made. I think he thought he had the tilt lock engaged, which would let you do that

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I think that actually is an MP3? Or a copy thereof? I know there are some copies made. I think he thought he had the tilt lock engaged, which would let you do that

I think you're right.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

FBS posted:

I think you're right.

Yeah I didn't actually look at the front of it, there goes my clever joke :mad:

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Took this beautiful freak for a ride to avoid its fuel going stale. I don't ride it much in winter for various reasons, but so far it seems to be perfectly happy if i ride it once a month.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

LimaBiker posted:

Took this beautiful freak for a ride to avoid its fuel going stale. I don't ride it much in winter for various reasons, but so far it seems to be perfectly happy if i ride it once a month.

The early to mid 90's were such a good time for bikes. Before the faired-sportbike era started motorcycles were mostly for nerdy commuters and Harley guys. Suddenly bikes like this came out that looked as exotic as a Ferrari and had cool engi-marketing terms like DELTABOX. It's a shame these didn't survive their 2nd, 3rd, and fourth owners because I would love to own a nice old FZR. Second gear still work on this one?

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I don't know if I'll ever own an I4 bike again but there will always be a spot in my heart for 80s-90s FZRs

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Gorson posted:

The early to mid 90's were such a good time for bikes. Before the faired-sportbike era started motorcycles were mostly for nerdy commuters and Harley guys. Suddenly bikes like this came out that looked as exotic as a Ferrari and had cool engi-marketing terms like DELTABOX. It's a shame these didn't survive their 2nd, 3rd, and fourth owners because I would love to own a nice old FZR. Second gear still work on this one?

2nd gear still works fine, though the first to 2nd shift is definitely louder than any of the others. 3rd to 2nd is buttery smooth though :)

FZRs are still quite easily to get here. Get one while you can!

I gotta say that i'd have preferred the 400cc variant. This thing is just too bloody fast to fully enjoy in my country.
But i'm super happy to have experienced the raw gay horsepower of a a proper 4 cyl carb'd sportbike from the 90s. The howl from the exhaust and the gear whine just hit all the right spots.

On the one hand, i'd like a 400cc inline 4 sportbike. On the other hand, i already have this one and it's highly likely that this one would just be scrapped if i get rid of it, and that just feels bad. So i'm probably gonna keep it and make it pretty again. The big parts are in good shape, but there are lots of tiny problems with it.

LimaBiker fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 11, 2022

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
FZRs own. I had a 400 for almost 5 years. My husband liked it so much he went out and bought one.

His still had the fzr4 engine. Mine, less so.

Unfortunately his started mixing coolant and oil right out of the gate so he had a bike shaped project for like two years till I intervened, put it back together and got it running for the next owner to put back on the track. Ugh.

Mine was just a downright mutant.
Two engines, numerous wiring fixes and a subsequent complete rewire when the rectifier shat and sent 50+VAC through the 12VDC system blowing everything out. few suspension overhauls, dropped in emulators, fox twin clicker with resi out back. two sets of bodywork. custom built carbs on a yzf600 engine. All that poo poo barely fit. It was such a motherfucker to work on. Then came a gsxr750 front end sprung and valved to the fzr on Ducati snowflake rotors. we machined parts to retain the original fzr wheel. Fucker as push-start-only for like 3 years. Couldn't ride it in vegas if the ambient temps were over 90F so I got tired of not riding and sold it for a YZ450F.
Neither engine had 2nd gear issues. The fzr600 engine it came with had been run hard and put away wet (for a decade). By year two or so it was burning nearly as much oil as gas.

With all the various changes over the years it weighed 350 wet, made 600 power, and handled like a 250. 18" tires from not-china were getting hard to find, I had a line in the sand then that I dgaf about now, it ate aluminum sprockets like candy because thats all that were available, it had to be push started everywhere, it would run hot in the dry desert heat. But it was an epic bike for the time.

Dumb as gently caress and put a gsxr race tail on early for whatever reason I don't remember. I converted it back some time later.

Pretty much how it was configured when it was sold.

Spouse taking my shitbox out for a spin after the gsxr frontend.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oof, you guys are making me miss my blue funk.

If it had never been stolen out of my driveway 14 years ago, I'd definitely still be riding it. I also probably wouldn't be getting buttfucked by insurance companies like I did for the past two years with the GSXR-600.

That whole generation of bikes was incredible. You can't say no to those big pretty headlights.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That whole era of Japanese sport bikes is :kiss:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Two headlight sportbikes look like :stonk: when you ignore the front wheel

(I am not posting this as a negative)

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

90s sport bike is 2022 Ducati adv now.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
electric bikes, 1974

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

So it's been nearly fifty years and they still can't make something better than the one on the left.

Just make that with modern technology, not everything needs to be an ipad-with-wheels pile of bullshit.

E-bike manufacturers are clearly ahead of the game cause there's lots of people making the one on the right already.