Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

LMFAO What the gently caress!?!?!?!?

Yeah, don't pay $50 for it, LaL owns and the remade graphics and music are gonna rock but it's still a janky SNES RPG. Wait for the inevitable half-off sale a year down the line.

I'm a loving idiot though so I'll probably still pay $50 for Live A Live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus posted:

classic justification for theft

do you need any other justification for theft?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Are there any unreleased mostly finished games left from older Nintendo eras like Earthbound Beginnings or Star Fox 2?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I need one of those GameXplain guys to break down all of the Mario Kart tracks released vs. not released, and what is likely to be in the upcoming 48 tracks.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Augus posted:

the first fire emblem warriors was kinda crap but maybe this one will have more than 3 movesets???

I'm hoping that since it's based around one game, they take a similar, more focused approach, like Age of Calamity.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

hatty posted:

Every computer released in the past decade and a half can play Mother 3, everyone and their Mother has played if they have the desire

The best way to play Mother 3 is on a hacked vita, agreed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

classic justification for theft

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

BotW is an E3 thing it’s only showing up in n the summer

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

BoTW2 is a switch pro exclusive.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hatty posted:

Every computer released in the past decade and a half can play Mother 3, everyone and their Mother has played if they have the desire

I mean, the same is true about Earthbound...

People just kind of want the validation of an official release.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Thread BGM updated (shoutouts to Mother 3 fans!!)

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Botw 2 has restarted development under Retro Studios.

Metroid Prime 4 is now Botw 2.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Calaveron posted:

At this point I'm sure Botw2 is vaporware because goddammit give us another morsel you piece of poo poo fuckers, loving pull out all the teams working on kirbies and marios and other poo poo and make them all work on zelda so it can finally come out

silksong and botw2 are actually the same game and being secretly developed by both companies and will revolutionize both the open world adventure genre and the metroidvania genre when it comes out in 20 years.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

b_d posted:

silksong and botw2 are actually the same game and being secretly developed by both companies and will revolutionize both the open world adventure genre and the metroidvania genre when it comes out in 20 years.

they're both going to be immensely overrated actually

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
whuaaaaah

https://twitter.com/SunderCR/status/1491538672864346112?s=20&t=dfY-hFlPEwepkb58ZbwIvg

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Palmtree Panic posted:

Botw 2 has restarted development under Retro Studios.

Metroid Prime 4 is now Botw 2.

yeah this one is in the mix too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Isn't Team Cherry like three people working on a game that's probably going to be at least as large as Hollow Knight was?

How long did HK take to develop anyway?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

who is this and why should i give a poo poo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Willo567 posted:

simmer down.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I can't wait for Super Kirbio Odyssey and to get big mad at Splatoon's bad netcode all over again

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
i still want to know why a goddamn muppet was hanging with ohtani

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

How the can you not hear about the legendary and highly sought after Live A Live?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Open your loving ears and maybe you'll hear more

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the most important thing about the direct is that thry didn't have any games by amerikkkans

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

MK8 tracks until the end of 2023 probably means no Switch 2 until 2024 at the earliest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Willo567 posted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Calaveron posted:

At this point I'm sure Botw2 is vaporware because goddammit give us another morsel you piece of poo poo fuckers, loving pull out all the teams working on kirbies and marios and other poo poo and make them all work on zelda so it can finally come out

I don't think that's vaporware

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the most important thing about the direct is that thry didn't have any games by amerikkkans

but they did have games made by the french

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Are oleds still hard to get? I'm in BFE for work and saw the local Walmart had a couple in stock. I don't want one for myself but could help somebody out for cost if they're still rare.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Let's all forget Silksong exists, so that when Team Cherry finally announces something we can all be surprised.

Sure beats being disappointed after every Direct.

Kirby, and Splat 3 look cool, I don't really care for the rest. Force Unleashed looked like a port of the Wii version or something, fuckin oof. Congrats to everyone else for that game they like coming out!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Comrade Fakename posted:

MK8 tracks until the end of 2023 probably means no Switch 2 until 2024 at the earliest.

unless Super Switch is fully bc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Spacebump posted:

Are there any unreleased mostly finished games left from older Nintendo eras like Earthbound Beginnings or Star Fox 2?

The big reveal at E3 will be Project H.A.M.M.E.R. HD

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I am excited for games

love FE and musou games so I'm hyped for the new one
Xenoblade I like
Mario Strikers I loved on the Wii
I like RPGs

Video games

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I can't get over how excited I am for 96 goddamn courses to be in Mario Kart 8. I can't wait for people to figure out what stages are even missing from previous games at that point. It's gonna be like 5 stages total or something, like with the stages in Smash Ultimate.

I'm also really excited for Live A Live because it looks beautiful and makes me hope that means Square has some engine for this and can churn out similar remakes for FF6 and Chrono Trigger.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Having Front Mission on after the new busted looking advance wars was pretty funny.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Rewatched the Live A Live trailer. The redone opening music is loving dope, and there's loving voice acting too. Like they're going all out on this, probably one of the most comprehensive SNES remakes I've seen.

I remember the game being pretty janky and having a very weird sense of humor at times (Near-Future in particular is bizarre, with Prehistory a close second), so I'm interested in seeing how they tackle all that. Also curious to see the battle system get another go, it was good on its own but could really shine with some polish.

Also hype for remastered Megalomania.

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/BlockbusterPlus/status/1491559461240156162?s=20&t=7WpvaNRiad9vQapHxAPneA

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Front Mission remakes have me excited, especially since 2 was never translated

Now rerelease 3-5 :getin:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Having Front Mission on after the new busted looking advance wars was pretty funny.

Advance wars looks great though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol jesus gently caress