Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Before I get too invested in this demo: does the Triangle Strategy demo save carry over to *any* full version of the game, or just one purchased from the eShop? My fiancée preordered a physical copy for my birthday, and if it means not needing to repeat part of the game then I can be patient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’ve started Triangle and it’s really talky but some fun palace intrigue stuff. The voice acting is spotty (I’m still not 100% sold on Seranoa) but the dude voicing Dragan is 100% going for it and I love it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty much most hardcore Earthbound fans won't recommend playing Earthbound Zero. And those who do recommend the romhack that gives you that ring at the start that reduces encounter rates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJkv4GS6V2w

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I am super awed by today's Direct. I'm excited for more than half the announcements, that's like, a record.
I also knew they couldn't resist doing a Three Houses Warriors game, I love Nintendo brand warriors games, I always feel that you can feel the changes and ideas from each iteration influencing each other.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Fine nintendo I'll do it on my own

I really want to know what that grip/controller is, it looks good.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Farchanter posted:

Before I get too invested in this demo: does the Triangle Strategy demo save carry over to *any* full version of the game, or just one purchased from the eShop? My fiancée preordered a physical copy for my birthday, and if it means not needing to repeat part of the game then I can be patient.

I don't think it will since the demo takes place in like chapters 7 & 8 but I don't have confirmation

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Concurred posted:

I don't think it will since the demo takes place in like chapters 7 & 8 but I don't have confirmation

Even today's? I thought they said there was a new demo covering chapters 1-3 that would carry over to the full game.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Farchanter posted:

Your save should transfer to any version of the game. Doesn’t matter if it’s physical or download

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xenoblade 3 looks good but after the mess of systems and insane pacing and design choices of X and XC2 I'll hold back my enthusiasm. Every one of those games draws me in and then leaves me confounded by what it's doing and just tired by the end. Even the first one, which is the best mostly on the strength of its music and being simple/straightforward enough that it doesn't drive you insane before the end.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Palmtree Panic posted:

Your save should transfer to any version of the game. Doesn’t matter if it’s physical or download

I think this is how it worked for Pikmin, the Switch doesn’t really determine a difference between digital and regular, you can even switch between them if you have a physical copy and sell it and decide to go digital later

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
That's good stuff, thank you!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I am so legitimately frustrated at a Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Mostly because I want Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 and it seems less and less likely and it makes me more and more grumpy.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Farchanter posted:

Even today's? I thought they said there was a new demo covering chapters 1-3 that would carry over to the full game.

:pwn: I didn't see that, good to know!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Syfe posted:

I am super awed by today's Direct. I'm excited for more than half the announcements, that's like, a record.
I also knew they couldn't resist doing a Three Houses Warriors game, I love Nintendo brand warriors games, I always feel that you can feel the changes and ideas from each iteration influencing each other.

I won't say I was disappointed by a second Fire Emblem Warriors game, just mildly deflated. Really was hoping for that Genealogy remake. But I like Koei Tecmo's recent approach of making their Warriors spinoffs a direct branch of a mainline game in a different genre rather than a hodgepodge of a larger IP.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

three houses musou HAS to be better than fire emblem warriors. that game was terrible.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Fire Emblem Warriors was a good but flawed game and if the Three Houses not-sequel is better than that I'll be very happy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope they make Jeralt and Leonie's son canon.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Since I play them only co-op I have the joy of ribbing just about anything that could be bad about it, the twins were awful and the story weird, but it was certainly good fun to just riff it with somebody. But one of the reasons why I look forward to the Nintendo specific warriors games is because I always play co-op, so it's always just a good fun romp, plus dragon butt stomping was so satisfyingly fun and effective.

One thing that was fixed in both Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and Age of Calamity is that the overall expectations are doable in co-op, there were some that were brutal to get because the spawn rate is effectively halved while you are separated, it sounds like it would work out well, but instead you couldn't build on anything, or get enough kills for certain objectives without really working at it. So you almost had to play within view of each other just to get enough dudes to spawn.

Syfe fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 10, 2022

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Gripweed posted:

Xenoblade 3 character art

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/1491551235174019074?s=20&t=c0AWbgBEZ1kvn02gNHNZ0g

The steady release of Blade art was the best part of the Xenoblade 2 hype cycle, I hope they do something similar for 3.

I'm a huge fan of the non-sexualized character designs.

It's not something I cared much about but 2 was stupid on that front.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure they've calculated it and it's every single Mario Kart track ever made except for like 5. So if your favorite track didn't get in then RIP lol

Chaining myself to Nintendo HQ and demanding they release the 5 forbidden tracks that were cancelled by the woke left

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I am so legitimately frustrated at a Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Mostly because I want Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 and it seems less and less likely and it makes me more and more grumpy.

Honestly, I think this game is making X-2 look even more likely, because the most "obvious" plot twist is that XBC3 is a prequel of sorts to the events of XBCX.

They specifically call out that the concept for XBC3 was created after XBC1 but before XBC2 (which is obviously when X was created and released), and the overarching plot appears to be "the people from XBC1 are at war with the people from XBC2, but instead of fighting each other they should instead focus on the REAL enemy..." which could very easily be the Samaarian

and the protag's name is Noah. The White Whale / New Los Angeles was an "ark". The reveal just writes itself, baby.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
If you want to play Xenoblade Chronicles X-2, then just play Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Extra stuff from the Japanese version of the Direct:

• LOOP8: An visual novel/RPG of some kind set in a high school. Original, I know! Due out from Marvelous this year at some vague point.
  • The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story: An FMV murder mystery adventure game from Square-Enix. The director was previously involved with Metal Gear Solid V and 428 Shibuya Scramble. Hopefully better than Squeenix's last FMV dalliance with The Quiet Man. Due out May 12.
  • Taikou Risshiden V DX: A remaster of the historical sim game released on PS2 in 2004. Steam release is region-restricted to Japan and China. Due May 19.
  • Touken Ranbu Musou: An F2P browser-based card game gets the Warriors treatment. How do Omega Force put out so many of these games? Due May 24.
  • Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden: Was announced for the west just yesterday, not sure how it wasn't squeezed into the English direct. Anyway, more card games with Yoko Taro. Out in a week.
  • Chocobo GP: FF7's Cloud Strife will be unlockable in the first Season Pass. Whoopie.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I cant remember the name of the n64 course with boos on a boardwalk, but yeah... i want that one

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

:3: awww, I'm glad this makes him happy most of all.

I love your game! And you influenced a lot of people to make a lot of cool good art! Thanks dude!

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This meme is me, but replace Front Mission with Live A Live

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

WarpDogs posted:

Honestly, I think this game is making X-2 look even more likely, because the most "obvious" plot twist is that XBC3 is a prequel of sorts to the events of XBCX.

They specifically call out that the concept for XBC3 was created after XBC1 but before XBC2 (which is obviously when X was created and released), and the overarching plot appears to be "the people from XBC1 are at war with the people from XBC2, but instead of fighting each other they should instead focus on the REAL enemy..." which could very easily be the Samaarian

and the protag's name is Noah. The White Whale / New Los Angeles was an "ark". The reveal just writes itself, baby.

Going to laugh my rear end off when the Nopon Sage and Mr. B turn out to both be massively plot-critical.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This meme is me, but replace Front Mission with Live A Live

I gotchu (and I'm in the same boat, very excited to play live a live for the first time)

this direct was very good at targeting the niche of "games that always looked cool but you couldn't be bothered to go and download the fan translation for it"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Syfe posted:

Looks to be the Razer Kishi: https://smile.amazon.com/Razer-Kish...ps%2C130&sr=8-1

Fuligin posted:

I cant remember the name of the n64 course with boos on a boardwalk, but yeah... i want that one

:goofy:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Kins posted:

Extra stuff from the Japanese version of the Direct:

• LOOP8: An visual novel/RPG of some kind set in a high school. Original, I know! Due out from Marvelous this year at some vague point.
  • The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story: An FMV murder mystery adventure game from Square-Enix. The director was previously involved with Metal Gear Solid V and 428 Shibuya Scramble. Hopefully better than Squeenix's last FMV dalliance with The Quiet Man. Due out May 12.
  • Taikou Risshiden V DX: A remaster of the historical sim game released on PS2 in 2004. Steam release is region-restricted to Japan and China. Due May 19.
  • Touken Ranbu Musou: An F2P browser-based card game gets the Warriors treatment. How do Omega Force put out so many of these games? Due May 24.
  • Voice of Cards: The Forsaken Maiden: Was announced for the west just yesterday, not sure how it wasn't squeezed into the English direct. Anyway, more card games with Yoko Taro. Out in a week.
  • Chocobo GP: FF7's Cloud Strife will be unlockable in the first Season Pass. Whoopie.

Interestingly enough Advance Wars did not show up there. Either the localization process hasn't started yet, or they're not getting it at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Very excited for everyone to realize that Chrono Cross is actually pretty drat good and deserves love.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hopefully this means chrono trigger's coming to the switch. a full remake ideally, but hopefully in the snes app a week or two before chrono cross's launch, at least.

or maybe that's wishful thinking :smith:

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 10, 2022

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Schir posted:

I gotchu (and I'm in the same boat, very excited to play live a live for the first time)

this direct was very good at targeting the niche of "games that always looked cool but you couldn't be bothered to go and download the fan translation for it"

The Switch in general has been great for that, also "indie games you want to play, but didn't before because you prefer to play games lying down or in a treehouse or on the toilet"

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Inzombiac posted:

Very excited for everyone to realize that Chrono Cross is actually pretty drat good and deserves love.

That's what I'm talking about. :hfive:

The Chrono Cross remaster existing also means the NVidia leak from a few months ago is probably real, which means we're getting a Final Fantasy 9 remake. :stoked:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JordanKai posted:

That's what I'm talking about. :hfive:

The Chrono Cross remaster existing also means the NVidia leak from a few months ago is probably real, which means we're getting a Final Fantasy 9 remake. :stoked:

I certainly hope so!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

abelwingnut posted:

hopefully this means chrono trigger's coming to the switch. a full remake ideally, but hopefully in the snes app a week or two before chrono cross's launch, at least.

How can you remake perfection???

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

How can you remake perfection???

by adding the world's longest and most tedious dungeon to it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

lost sanctum is the worst jrpg content i've seen in my life

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

Square did a modern port of Chrono Trigger for PC a few years ago.

They were then immediately shamed into five straight months of patching it into a less offensive shape.

If they do a Switch port, it'll probably be a direct port of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So are we never getting another Labo set? Broke that out this weekend with my kid and had a lot of fun with it.