Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Pontius Pilate posted:

What’s the origin story of this blessed image anyway?

supposedly someone's child made it and the parent posted it to reddit a few years back. then someone stole the child's picture and started making merchandise of it. 9 or so months later it started becoming a meme among gross sick bengal fans and became widely known this season since the bengals became pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

supposedly someone's child made it and posted it to reddit. then someone stole the child's picture and started making merchandise of it. 9 or so months later it started becoming a meme and became widely known this year since the bengals became prettygood
Im glad I didn't buy a hat. I think it's lovely that a guy merchandized a child's drawing and we should probably burn his house down

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Cavauro posted:

5 shallow curls
On 3rd & 10 :schotty:
I don’t know much about routes and poo poo, but there’s something wholesome about Isaiah McKenzie running in a half-circle pre-snap. Best Daboll design by far. I bet Kadarius Toney can run in a circle really well.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The perfect passing concept is 989 btw, especially if you are Joe burrow throwing to Jamar Chase

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

They call it an 80/20 ball

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Spider 2 Y Banana

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Fullback on a wheel route

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

The Scissors combo was one of the first I picked up playing Madden like 15 years ago, particularly with a TE running the corner route if you had one that was athletic enough to make it really deadly (Then, it was the Chargers with Antonio Gates and Vincent Jackson/Chris Chambers).

Someone mentioned drive and that’s cool too. Also everyone loves DA BOMB, aka 999 All Go, aka Unleashing the Dragon.
I had forgotten that Philip Rivers had absolute giants to throw the ball to. Vjax was 6'5, Floyd was 6'5, Gates was 6'4, Chambers was 6'4

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Also good

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Cincinnati Bengals

Also good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do not forget kassim osgood. he probly caught double digit passes from phil. easily

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

just found out it was probably 5 passes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

do not forget kassim osgood. he probly caught double digit passes from phil. easily

My brother. I will never forget about SDSU Legend Kassim Osgood

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kassim also good

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

The dorktown video on the 2010 Chargers reminded me that kassim Osgood was, indeed, good

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cavauro posted:

just found out it was probably 5 passes.

It takes fortitude of character to admit your mistakes

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kassim osgood into the thread title

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Seyi ajirotutu, now there was a guy who existed

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
The best route is the one in NFL Blitz where you backpedal to your own endzone to give your receivers time to run and then you throw an impossible 118 yard bomb with a 60% chance of catching it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Zurreco posted:

The best route is the one in NFL Blitz where you backpedal to your own endzone to give your receivers time to run and then you throw an impossible 118 yard bomb with a 60% chance of catching it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If Hitler was an offensive coordinator what kind of offense would he run

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Weird question

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

:agreed:

Texas route works for me too for running backs if you can clear out the middle of the field and just abuse some poor linebacker one on one.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I remember Lorenzo Neal catching a pass in the flat against the Cardinals in 2006 and had an open lane to the endzone and was getting chased down by a defensive end, so he decided to slow down to get a better angle and just ran into the DE instead of getting caught from behind.

gently caress I loved Lo Neal

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Triple option

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
This thread is for how great fullbacks are now https://www.lastofthefullbacks.com/

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1463311697192669186?s=20&t=v0U1YjR2zJ7O91TH6ENHlg

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

DariusLikewise posted:

Air raid

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

The mike martz offense

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8fvGv9KKZA&t=902s

I'm sad that it's basically impossible to find a video that isn't 144p

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Run and Shoot I'd think.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Wow, Josh McDaniels account spotted. Last place you'd think to look, too.

DariusLikewise posted:

Air rai-

:argh:

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8fvGv9KKZA&t=902s

I'm sad that it's basically impossible to find a video that isn't 144p

Runaway beer truck is a great nickname for a fullback

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Cavauro posted:

supposedly someone's child made it and the parent posted it to reddit a few years back. then someone stole the child's picture and started making merchandise of it. 9 or so months later it started becoming a meme among gross sick bengal fans and became widely known this season since the bengals became pretty good

ah, drat, nevertheless, go bengos

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

I completely forgot about this guy but when I saw his name, the news about him jumping out a 2nd floor window to avoid getting shot while his cheerleader girlfriend returned fire just popped into my head instantly.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Midwestern football personified = very large man in an outdated job just grinding it out in the cold

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Barudak posted:

Midwestern football personified = very large man in an outdated job just grinding it out in the cold

ope yup

and herb burrow solidarity imo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

ope yup

and herb burrow solidarity imo

Hell yeah brother

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Joestin burbert

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What position would Hitler play? What if Hitler was black?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The march to Berlin should have begun in the fields of Catalonia but y’all ain’t ready to have that conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Cavauro posted:

5 shallow curls

This but unironically. Mainly because X-curl in Tecmo Super Bowl is a great play for QB Eagles to take off from if there's nobody open.

Also the real question isn't if you'd kill baby Hitler but if you would eat him. Want to see some of those clowns in congress answer that one.

Edit: just realized iirc that that play was 4 curls and the RB in the flat. I never threw it to that guy, just gonna try and angle a defender into him when QBEAGLES starts to run.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Feb 10, 2022