Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the power button :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im mildly annoyed because i gem swapped my arc and spell echo into divine ire and infused channeling and instantly had 15k more dps on tooltip. Lol. My clear is now like, 10% worse for much stronger single target. I even stand still less because of the higher dps. And I only have a level 13 DIre versus a level 19 arc. kind of annoying if you ask me.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Jinnigan posted:

whats a good screenclear build this league. no i can't be arsed with plaguebearer.

cf glad

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ghostlight posted:

the power button :mrgw:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hamelekim posted:

Or you could do this.

Innocence-Touched; Treant Horde; Brine King-Touched; Kitava-Touched

what level archnemesis items produced this boon?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

bawfuls posted:

what level archnemesis items produced this boon?

Not sure, but I assume they were 80+. It was from Reddit, not my own.

I have started using the tool https://jarovdh.github.io/PoE-archnemesis-recipes/ to put together what I'm missing and what I can make at the moment to try out some of these other things.

I also just rolled Kirac to have at least one unique map and got a Putrid Cloister, which then proceeded to drop both a Nurse and Doctor card from the boss. An easy 1.5 ex.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Last league Gladiator CF (wands or bow) was completely insane clear

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

im mildly annoyed because i gem swapped my arc and spell echo into divine ire and infused channeling and instantly had 15k more dps on tooltip. Lol. My clear is now like, 10% worse for much stronger single target. I even stand still less because of the higher dps. And I only have a level 13 DIre versus a level 19 arc. kind of annoying if you ask me.

Tooltip DPS lies a lot to be fair. I don't think it counts Arc's bonus damage from remaining chains which is A Lot of it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Hamelekim posted:

Not sure, but I assume they were 80+. It was from Reddit, not my own.

I have started using the tool https://jarovdh.github.io/PoE-archnemesis-recipes/ to put together what I'm missing and what I can make at the moment to try out some of these other things.

I also just rolled Kirac to have at least one unique map and got a Putrid Cloister, which then proceeded to drop both a Nurse and Doctor card from the boss. An easy 1.5 ex.

I assume you mean Nurse and Patient, otherwise you got hella scammed.

I've given up on the big money recipes and I'm just running Grimro's treant strategy. It's not optimal in terms of money but not having to constantly stress and manage the tokens is making me enjoy playing a lot more!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Vulpes posted:

I assume you mean Nurse and Patient, otherwise you got hella scammed.

I've given up on the big money recipes and I'm just running Grimro's treant strategy. It's not optimal in terms of money but not having to constantly stress and manage the tokens is making me enjoy playing a lot more!

Oh yeah, that's what I meant. I use Awakened POE Trade and went with the price there.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I'm doing skelly mages, and was noodling around in yellow maps and got a Scout card. This got me enough currency to get the skellymage gem and the medium cluster for invulnero-skellies. Man this build took a turn.

I don't think I've even spent 2ex on it and am doing okay. Still need to 6L my 5L fleshcrafter, and my gems still aren't Lv20, but I'm on the cusp of lvl90, which is where I start caring less about dying, so things should start speeding up. Once I get some currency, I can start pulling some of the big ticket items (helm/rings/fancy-rear end wand).

I'm hoping they sort out this archnem inventory, it's proper annoying. Not sure how to fix it though.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

My Pconc Pathfinder is losing steam in early reds. How do I boost it up? Or alternatively, what are some fun poison builds I can switch to?

Here's my character for reference, JesterConcoct. Yes I have no imagination. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JesterMcgee/characters

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Jester Mcgee posted:

My Pconc Pathfinder is losing steam in early reds. How do I boost it up? Or alternatively, what are some fun poison builds I can switch to?

Here's my character for reference, JesterConcoct. Yes I have no imagination. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/JesterMcgee/characters
I'll suggest these because I just did it today, and it was surprisingly cheap! (10-15c per upgrade here, probably less if you do them tomorrow)
- Buy a level 21 Plague Bearer gem, level is the only thing the damage meaningfully scales from and they're not expensive
- Buy a level 21 PConc gem, because:
- If you then buy an amulet with +1 chaos skill gems on it, this pushes PConc to level 22, where it goes from 9% of your flask amount, to 10% of your flask amount. In addition to the typical damage bump you'll get from more levels. Also quality on PConc is whatever, it's just .5% area of effect per, so getting a corrupted 0qual/L21 is a big win.

On your skills, unless it's displaying wrong, it looks like you just have the cluster jewel socketed in without points to fill it out yet. So I'd recommend (not an expert but it feels right?) to respec that + the 2 points of projectile damage leading to it, in favor of getting the Plague Bearer poison mastery, then go north from Blood Siphon and get the life node (hey why not) and Trickery. You can drop those last 2 when you get some more points into the cluster jewel (again, assuming it's not a rendering error).

My tree and gear look pretty different from yours but might give you some ideas on gearing (or other things to consider, at least): NEM_Drinkupdrunky. I went down and left towards Iron Reflexes because I like the steady defenses (which also influenced getting a Cherrubim's), and I'm going to ditch the Grace reservation mastery for more-Evasion-from-your-Body-Armour once I get a Diadem, but right now it's working out decently, 86% phys reduction without even getting Determination on.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shimmy shimmy posted:

Tooltip DPS lies a lot to be fair. I don't think it counts Arc's bonus damage from remaining chains which is A Lot of it.

it went up in pob too- arc tooltip was 25k, 150k in pob, now it's like 225k

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

frankenbeans posted:

I'm doing skelly mages, and was noodling around in yellow maps and got a Scout card. This got me enough currency to get the skellymage gem and the medium cluster for invulnero-skellies. Man this build took a turn.

I don't think I've even spent 2ex on it and am doing okay. Still need to 6L my 5L fleshcrafter, and my gems still aren't Lv20, but I'm on the cusp of lvl90, which is where I start caring less about dying, so things should start speeding up. Once I get some currency, I can start pulling some of the big ticket items (helm/rings/fancy-rear end wand).

I'm hoping they sort out this archnem inventory, it's proper annoying. Not sure how to fix it though.

Honestly the helm isn't important at all, +2 levels on spectres just doesn't do poo poo. The skeleton prefix is just a veiled craft, it's cheap. The wand isn't super expensive either because the trigger is just a craft, do you just need the +1 all spell skills.

The big ticket items to look at are your abyss jewels, large cluster, and amulet.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

This is my Pconc character, I seem pretty immortal with my scuffed gems, but the gear and tree seem okay

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/leninvs/characters

I find my damage is pretty low, but I noticed I never actually put in a 6th link, and didn't have ancestral protector socketed.

Edit.
I don't have enough INT to use the wand, just had it there to level some gems

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Honestly the helm isn't important at all, +2 levels on spectres just doesn't do poo poo. The skeleton prefix is just a veiled craft, it's cheap. The wand isn't super expensive either because the trigger is just a craft, do you just need the +1 all spell skills.

The big ticket items to look at are your abyss jewels, large cluster, and amulet.

+2 skills wand is a pretty big upgrade, as is a level 5 woke minion damage (it adds +lvl too).

Build is real solid. DPS isn't spectacular but I haven't had trouble with any content. And having a shitload of minions between you and bosses trivalises a ton of mechanics.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Jester Mcgee posted:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I'll suggest these because I just did it today, and it was surprisingly cheap! (10-15c per upgrade here, probably less if you do them tomorrow)
- Buy a level 21 Plague Bearer gem, level is the only thing the damage meaningfully scales from and they're not expensive
- Buy a level 21 PConc gem, because:
- If you then buy an amulet with +1 chaos skill gems on it, this pushes PConc to level 22, where it goes from 9% of your flask amount, to 10% of your flask amount. In addition to the typical damage bump you'll get from more levels. Also quality on PConc is whatever, it's just .5% area of effect per, so getting a corrupted 0qual/L21 is a big win.

On your skills, unless it's displaying wrong, it looks like you just have the cluster jewel socketed in without points to fill it out yet. So I'd recommend (not an expert but it feels right?) to respec that + the 2 points of projectile damage leading to it, in favor of getting the Plague Bearer poison mastery, then go north from Blood Siphon and get the life node (hey why not) and Trickery. You can drop those last 2 when you get some more points into the cluster jewel (again, assuming it's not a rendering error).

My tree and gear look pretty different from yours but might give you some ideas on gearing (or other things to consider, at least): NEM_Drinkupdrunky. I went down and left towards Iron Reflexes because I like the steady defenses (which also influenced getting a Cherrubim's), and I'm going to ditch the Grace reservation mastery for more-Evasion-from-your-Body-Armour once I get a Diadem, but right now it's working out decently, 86% phys reduction without even getting Determination on.

Are you losing steam because you're dying suddenly, or because you're not doing enough damage and dying after you've run out of resources?

Chernobyl's suggestions are good, a couple more:

1. The Embalmer is doing you no favors. Go find a armor/evasion/armor+evasion gloves with life, res and suppression.
2. Taste of Hate is good and cool, but it's not doing much for you beyond 11% phys to cold. Grab a jade flask, probably.
3. Primal Spirit isn't great. I get that it's stat fixing, but there are probably better ways to get stat fixing.
4. Death's Rush isn't doing much for you except onslaught on kill. You can get onslaught on flask from an abyssal gem and stygian vise. Find a better ring that can help you fix stats.
5. Shield is an interesting choice because it helps your damage (but not DPS, directly), but there are probably better shields you can get for pretty cheap that include chance to block, avoid elemental ailments, more life and resist and whatever else you want.
6. Your next ascendency (Nature's Adrenaline) will, in theory, increase your DPS.
7. Dirty techniques is a big node, but requires you reworking a lot of your tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Boneytooth/characters/BottlesUpHoldEmHigh is me; I went with the master surgeon route for autoflasks, but that's a little expensive to set up (40-60c for the flasks). I definitely die in juiced T13-16, but I'm able to complete most maps fine unless I get some hosed up possessed bosses or do dumb stuff with archnemesis. I've had the most success in scaling my defenses (58% phys mitigation, 75% evasion, 100% spell suppression with 63% block chance with potions that are always up as long as I'm taking hits) so that I can last in fights where the monster has chaos resists or tons of life.

For poison builds to move to, I think Spectral Helix is The Build, but you could probably scale any poison skill with this tree.

E: clarity

DisgracelandUSA fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 10, 2022

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I rerolled to EA Ballista Elementalist.
It's disgustingly strong.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Skyl3lazer posted:

Honestly the helm isn't important at all, +2 levels on spectres just doesn't do poo poo.
yeah the +2 spectre levels are just for survivability on the spectres at the top end of content.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jester Mcgee posted:

I don't know which build you're following because what you're doing is very different from me, but I'm just following XaiTV/Ziz's build guide for pconc pf and it's still cruising in t13s. My gear isn't anything special, the only damage piece I have going is a helmet with the focus mod and a 21/20 plague bearer.

https://youtu.be/23danGZ17b0

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
9100 ES, 82% All Res, CI, 30k Armour, 20% phys taken as elemental, 75/33 full block

K'aj A'alai proceeds to kill me with two hits from Rain of Arrows

What's even weirder is she's acting like she has more health than the endgame bosses, maybe because she's nuking my minions faster that I can resummon them? I've bonused every map in the game except that one she wiped out 3 times now.

edit: I'm killing the other two bosses near her so I guess that makes her do the enraged physical firestorm with a 30 second duration, that also twoshots and the only way to avoid it seems to be dumb luck

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 10, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Char posted:

I rerolled to EA Ballista Elementalist.
It's disgustingly strong.

It's really good. I've spent maybe 1ex on my character and I can do somewhat juicy t16 maps fairly comfortably. My bow is 5c trash and I haven't even bought any cluster jewels yet.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
I killed all endgame bosses excluding the conqueror invitation using EA Ballista this league, /played is 29 hours.

I spent 130c total on the build and never bothered upgrading from a storm cloud. It's incredibly stupid.

Clear speed is quite good as long as the map is juiced thanks to ignite prolif.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol. I hate doing the FotM builds but I probably should just this once.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Also you just gotta love a build that goes literally all over the passive tree.

:discourse:

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Anyone got a good guide for it? I'm playing SSF Necro but I've dropped 2 raw exalts so I'm wondering if I should just say gently caress it and hop into trade league to try and Respec into ea elementalist. Only up to t6 maps but I still haven't found a trial and will probably never find the skele jewel. Summoners aren't what they used to be.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Had two goes at The Black Star today. I cannot express just how difficult it is to see what is going on. It's heavily reliant on which half of the (rotating) half of the arena you are in which you could only know if you have looked at a guide or are insane and read the debuffs during the fight.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I just assumed one side made you take more of one type of damage and the other side the other type. Turns out they also make you more immune to the other type of damage.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
You should really read debuffs whenever possible, in the newer boss encounters they tell you exactly what you need to do

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Reading' s dying.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Skyl3lazer posted:

It was the 40% increased damage enchant I was after on the helm. Even crappy ones are 4ex+. For the wand, yeah the +1 all spell skills. I got the large cluster. I have a couple of decent abyss jewels, and am nowhere near affording that amulet.

I basically spent all my loose currency on the med/large clusters so I just need to smash some content for a bit.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Honestly the helm isn't important at all

Well if you shell out 50ex for a +3 minion / 20 minion damage / 20 hypothermia helm...

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Magus42 posted:

What does that have to do with anything? The +1 tier just means you won't get T1s anymore, you'll get T2s and higher, because any map that drops gets +1 to it. It does not care about what map you're in, what tier that is, or what connected maps exist.

No fun allowed. Ok. It was thejoke.jpg
But just to trigger more discussion, let's discuss this instance

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

it's one tier higher than no map

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You were doing a kirac mission, those don’t get your atlas passives

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Jay Rust posted:

You were doing a kirac mission, those don’t get your atlas passives

Why did you have to post this early, you!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

I would like to make a character just for running my Blighted maps. Does anyone have any recommendations for builds? I have 4.5 EX and 220~ chaos to spend.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

neurotech posted:

I would like to make a character just for running my Blighted maps. Does anyone have any recommendations for builds? I have 4.5 EX and 220~ chaos to spend.

Check out the minion builds from Thegam3report1 on YouTube. He makes all his money from blight each league and makes builds that can basically afk regular blight maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Erulisse posted:

No fun allowed. Ok. It was thejoke.jpg
But just to trigger more discussion, let's discuss this instance

T1 maps have their own drop rules. This prevents you from somehow getting locked out of ever dropping them.