Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
We don't know how often he breaks down in the mud due to a bad transmission though or how expensive and overly complicated it is to produce 1 Stroheim :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

How can Attack on Titan be the best anime of the year if it's not even the best action show of the year

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

How can Attack on Titan be the best anime of the year if it's not even the best action show of the year

The same way the mugen train "arc" won best action and the mugen train film won best film.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funimation has been marketing Attack on Titan as "A Modern Epic" and it has the same embarrassing vibe as Spider-Man's Oscar push.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

mugen train was extremely overrated, kny has had much better episodes. entertainment district mogs mugen train.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Funimation has been marketing Attack on Titan as "A Modern Epic" and it has the same embarrassing vibe as Spider-Man's Oscar push.

aot is really good, but the early seasons are pretty slow

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it is modern and epic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

AoT ftw.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I dropped aot in the first season. I'm in my manga arc maybe I'll read it after kingdom.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bryce Pappenbrook voices Eren so I'm inclined to agree AoT is epic

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

AoT is still good and I am positive I will enjoy the ending.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Will Kotaku bring out the article full of lies for a third time now that the anime is finishing up?? Only time will tell...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Return of the Mack on Titan

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Good luck AoT enjoyers it's all copium from here on out.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Bojji got voted Best Boy so the awards were good I think.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kild posted:

Good luck AoT enjoyers it's all copium from here on out.

I don't need copium where I'm going.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Between every side doing war crimes & “wHo ARe thE REaL viLlaiNs, Eren…?!” being said for the millionth time I kinda lost interest in watching the AoT anime at some point during the first half of the final season

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Feb 9, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It is pretty funny that Eren was nominated for both best protagonist and antagonist.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

It is pretty funny that Eren was nominated for both best protagonist and antagonist.

Well he won best antagonist so we clearly know which role he's better at.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Captain Baal posted:

Mackin on titans is a good way to get eaten

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gay for gacha posted:

I dropped aot in the first season. I'm in my manga arc maybe I'll read it after kingdom.

same

then i dropped it in the second season

but it's good now

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Captain Baal posted:

whoa :stare:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I honestly don't get how people like the Attack on Titan season 4 story. The action scenes are fun but it just seems like they're surrounded by nonsense.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

is this about the paths stuff or what, that's the only standout weird stuff to me in the material so far

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

gay for gacha posted:

I read kingdom in like a week and the whole week was a blur of epic battle stuff and extremely well-drawn horses. Fond memories even though there’s a lot of stupid poo poo in there as well

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i have never watched nor read AoT

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

AoT, drat spot!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

verbal enema posted:

i have never watched nor read AoT

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gridman passed the 3 episode test at the last second

It's like, weirdly low energy for a robots vs kaiju show. I wasn't really vibing with the mood until the setting twists in the second half of episode 3

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Gridman passed the 3 episode test at the last second

It's like, weirdly low energy for a robots vs kaiju show. I wasn't really vibing with the mood until the setting twists in the second half of episode 3
the low energyness is whats rad about it but i can get not quite getting what its going for at first

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Gridman is very much going for a modern day evangelion vibe in the school scenes, with the focused more mundanity and deliberate low energy moments. It’s amazing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2X4P0_3xnI&t=201s

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The teaser PV for Bastard dropped and it looks pretty good. Wasn't expecting too much cause a 30 year old property and a studio that made Berserk 2016, but it seems like they're putting in some effort to make this good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taiIGN0VNGc

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Studio barely matters when it comes to animation quality; there's so much outsourcing and freelancing that the exact same staff could essentially find themselves attached to different studio names within the same few years. Not to mention, Lidenfilms themselves have worked on dozens of shows. Viewing everything they do through the Berserk 2016 lens is like judging Madhouse on all their mediocre long form light novel adaptations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Archer666 posted:

The teaser PV for Bastard dropped and it looks pretty good. Wasn't expecting too much cause a 30 year old property and a studio that made Berserk 2016, but it seems like they're putting in some effort to make this good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taiIGN0VNGc

Not sure it’s my cup of tea but the animation looks good, as you’d expect from the studio that made Hanebado

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Captain Baal posted:

I agree Miu Iruma from Danganronpa V3 is excellent

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

York new was godly.