Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Now we're free of the EU we are no longer shackled by stupid red tape like your olive oil can't be carcinogenic and your meat can't be pumped full of hormones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Jesus, Major is giving a good speech atm.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1491732638389915648

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Auq9mYxFEE

Major is live here if you want to watch.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Can't wait till we get rid of the rules compelling shops to display the unit price for food. Daft euro nonsense.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

It's always "if" with these people, always punting it into the long grass

Pathetic

Who gives a poo poo what this old tory oval office has to say, really? It's just more furrowed brows and concerned noises, signifying nothing

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I think a former Tory pm telling the current Tory pm to resign is probably somewhat significant and might lead to more of these secret letters that everyone raves about.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Truss operating at full capacity I see.

https://twitter.com/EJ_Burrows/status/1491730304716918784?t=8ZwLY6ueiqIGn8x9BQ72gA

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Want to see Truss debate MTG
https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/status/1491525010997096449

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Love that UK foreign policy is now that Jam sketch about hiring imbeciles to win arguments for you.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

keep punching joe posted:

Love that UK foreign policy is now that Jam sketch about hiring imbeciles to win arguments for you.

It used to be the one about the guy with the gun who couldn't believe his luck when people kept giving him poo poo for free

oh, the good old days...

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1491745463665635333

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Liz Truss would be outclassed by a chimp in a nappy, whoever is sending her up against the Russians is a monster, and we're the victims

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

jiggerypokery posted:

It used to be the one about the guy with the gun who couldn't believe his luck when people kept giving him poo poo for free

oh, the good old days...

by 2050 it's going to be the repair man who puts lizards in your TV

It's the only way he can get anyone to notice he exists

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lol looks like King William's back on the menu boys

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Insha'allah

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Queen (to stage left) : Physician, prepare the royal speedball.

Prince of Wales: Actually I'm feeling a lot better.

The Queen: Seize him Beefeaters!

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

Want to see Truss debate MTG

lurrus shouldn't be standard legal and furthermore

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

kecske posted:

lurrus shouldn't be standard legal and furthermore

Truss was frogified some time ago

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

she was the worst harry potter character

maybe she won't be queen consort after all!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When you think you're being smart but you're caught just being terf.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
just lol if you think Charles is going to croak from Covid, the guy will have had about twenty shots of vaccine and there's always the palace's supply of virgin maids on hand should a blood ritual be needed to keep him ticking

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

ThomasPaine posted:

just lol if you think Charles is going to croak from Covid, the guy will have had about twenty shots of vaccine and there's always the palace's supply of virgin maids on hand should a blood ritual be needed to keep him ticking

I don't think anyone is suggesting Charles is going to die from covid alone

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Saudi Arabour Party lmao

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

He's going to die with covid

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

ThomasPaine posted:

... and there's always the palace's supply of virgin maids on hand should a blood ritual be needed to keep him ticking
Er, Andrew has been confined to quarters for a while now, not sure there's many left in the supply any more...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Charlie boy has had Covid before, he'll be fine.

To go back to the Truss debacle, it get's worse* !
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1491771623497777159?t=XMa_LceOV-ZCa_BvHQAsbg&s=19

*better

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
You'd think the UK government would know better then sending in anyone in their current cabinet to any meeting that was actually important.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

dr_rat posted:

You'd think the UK government would know better then sending in anyone in their current cabinet to any meeting that was actually important.

Were you asleep for the entire brexit negotiations?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

please tell me he asked truss what her view on ligma is.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

dr_rat posted:

We don't have a government atm, it's actually the next series of The Apprentice

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/10/keir-starmer-blames-pm-boris-johnson-savile-slur-inciting-mob

quote:

The Labour leader said he had never before been accused in public of being a “paedophile protector” until the prime minister falsely accused him, a week before the attack, of failing to prosecute Savile when he was director of public prosecutions (DPP).

I can only assume he’s previously been accused in private

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

dr_rat posted:

Im not sure it was very important tbh

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

Lungboy posted:

Charlie boy has had Covid before, he'll be fine.

To go back to the Truss debacle, it get's worse* !
https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1491771623497777159?t=XMa_LceOV-ZCa_BvHQAsbg&s=19

*better

And of course even worse, those aren't randomly chosen oblasts. Those are ones on the border with Ukraine, as in where the troops they're talking about would be. The sort of thing that might have been wise to be briefed on.

So it wasn't even a particular gotcha question, and yet it still went wrong.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Anyone listened to that Trojan Horse podcast yet? I've just started it. Knew a little about it all, but only really what the press said. Absolutely shocking story.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Prole posted:

Anyone listened to that Trojan Horse podcast yet? I've just started it. Knew a little about it all, but only really what the press said. Absolutely shocking story.

I was meaning to ask itt. I'm sure I'll enjoy hearing about what a oval office Gove is, but looking for feedback before I commit

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

Prole posted:

It's pretty good. Meanders a bit too much in the later half imo but the first few episodes are really fantastic.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

so much yes

quote:

The constituency office of the environment secretary, George Eustice, has been bought by supporters of Insulate Britain, who have donated his rent to a legal fund for activists.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/feb/10/climate-activists-buy-environment-secretarys-cornwall-constituency-office

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps they could have used the money they spent on the office for that instead but perhaps a £50k joke is worth it.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe they found the loophole for acceptable landlordism.

In other news, RIP trains:

https://twitter.com/chrisapplegate/status/1491770962978787329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was meaning to ask itt. I'm sure I'll enjoy hearing about what a oval office Gove is, but looking for feedback before I commit

If you have a fetish for stammering brummies trying to avoid saying anything incriminating it's the best podcast around.