Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

8one6 posted:

Eating out for every single meal.

Dude is living in a shelter and he's eating at mid-price sit down restaurants 3x a day? Not even $10 fast food meals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for going nuclear over a pen?

Who the gently caress gets this wound up about other people having pens?
NTA. Order 300 more. Dress up like a fairy tale creature and dance through the center, throwing pens hither and yon.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dr. Stab posted:

Dude is living in a shelter and he's eating at mid-price sit down restaurants 3x a day? Not even $10 fast food meals.

He's not spending it on food.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm assuming the pens have little swastikas on them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

…I kinda want a pen, even though I cling to my two weirdo felt tip ones

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Who the gently caress gets this wound up about other people having pens?
NTA. Order 300 more. Dress up like a fairy tale creature and dance through the center, throwing pens hither and yon.

Get a Nerf machine gun that shoots nerf darts, shoot your coworkers with them, but have one of your new pens in each nerf dart. Problem (and employment) solved, and you'll become a legend.

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

Soylent Pudding posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1pO-tZbYA

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

teen witch posted:

…I kinda want a pen, even though I cling to my two weirdo felt tip ones
I have a Pilot G-2 gel ballpoint that I literally found on the floor at work one day and I have been using it ever since because holy poo poo it is a good pen. I guard it jealously. It is the only pen I have ever used to the extent that I actually had to buy refills for it, because I used up the whole cartridge. I love this drat thing, and if I ever have children it will be the closest thing to an heirloom our podunk-rear end family will ever have.

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for still making my father pay for my schooling even though my mother apparently stole from the education fund?

quote:

When my parents divorced, my mother was given primary custody and my father had to pay child support. My father was also ordered to cover 80% of my university costs.

My mother was not the greatest person so I moved into my grandmother's home when I was 16. I'm not very close to my father because he lives 4 hours away. He is remarried (like my mother) and has two younger children.

When I was 18, I found out from my father that my mother had stolen most of the money from the education account that she had access to. She has since left the country and he has no way to get the money back.

Well...maybe I'm the rear end in a top hat but I don't really think the issues between my mother and father are my problem.

I still sent him the invoice for my university fees and told him he's legally obligated to pay for it. I covered my share using scholarships.

This has put my father in a lot of financial stress and he is struggling. He's told me it's causing huge issues in his marriage and his ability to provide for his younger children.

But I couldn't get larger grants and scholarships because of my father and mother's financial status. So I'm still expecting him to pay for my schooling.

AITA?

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

I used to work in a lab and people taking moving or taking my pens was infuriating. I expect to walk up to my bench and be able to write stuff! I just labelled them with my name, I didn’t think of putting rude messages on them. Missed opportunity. My boss was always the thief.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

ad090 posted:

AITA for still making my father pay for my schooling even though my mother apparently stole from the education fund?

"My court ordered obligations to you are really rough on the kids I actually care about" is a real bold move.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I had a job where marking off forms in an isolated backroom was a big part of it. An order would come, I'd go to the room to check off the forms and make sure everything was set, except there's no loving pen. I finally went the bank route and tied a pen to a string and tied the string to my dippy little workbench situation.

Next time I come in, there's a frayed string. It looked like Templeton the rat took a liking to my pen and chewed it off. I don't know who the gently caress decided the one little pen in the back was more accessible than the entire sales floor and offices, but they were persistent.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for throwing a slice of Cake at my Step-Dads Mother

quote:

I (15) female grew up without a father. My biological father left my mom when she was pregnant with me. They never mentioned anything about him and told me to never look or contact him.

When I was in the 5th grade, I asked my Mom about my father to tell me his name and to show me a picture of him. She told me his name and showed me a picture of him. I made a Facebook account without her knowing and searched up his name. I found his Facebook account and was hurt from what I saw. It was pictures of him with his wife and he has 2 daughters that look 2-3 years younger than me. That made me hate him because he just abandoned me and my mom and didn't even bother to contact or check on us.

As years went by, I always got made fun of for not having a Dad and that made me upset that's why I got excited when my Mom told me that she is getting married to a guy she has been dating for 2 years. Tbh I was kinda shocked when she told me about this news because I didn't know she was dating someone. The reason why she didn't mention anything about this guy is that she wanted to make sure if this guy loved her and was willing to accept me like his own daughter. I was happy for her and was excited because I'm finally gonna know what it feels like to have a Dad and to have a complete family.

Last December, I moved in with them. They introduced me to the family and they were all welcoming except for one person. My Stepdads Mom. She doesn't like me and made no effort to hide it. She would always treat me like some maid and would always make fun of my appearance in front of her friends. She is kind to me when my Mom is around but is rude when she isn't but I have no other choice but to suck it all up because she is also living in the same house as me. She knew about my biological father because my Mom told her about him.

She started being kind to me all of a sudden which was strange. I just thought that maybe she was being kind because my birthday is coming up.

During the Birthday party, my Step Grandma called for everyone's attention and told everyone that she has a surprise for me. She then opened the front door and let someone inside and it was my Biological Father. She then looked at me and lied to everyone that I told her how much I wanna meet my real Dad. I never mentioned anything about wanting to meet him and just started crying. I got so mad at her that I started screaming and cursing at her. My stepdad then asked my biological father to leave. I threw a slice of cake on stepgrandma's face and she screamed at me and demanded an apology for what I did and told me she just wanted to surprise me and meet my real father.

I just ran out of the house and asked a friend if I could stay over at her place. It has been 2 weeks since this happened

op posted:

My stepdad confronted his Mom about why she did that because he knows how much I don't want to meet my biological father and apparently, she did all that because she can't accept me into the family because I'm not blood-related to him

op posted:

My Step-Dad is thinking about sending her to the retirement home and I kinda feel bad Mom and Step-Dad is doing their best to resolve this issue

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Soylent Pudding posted:

OP posted:

My Step-Dad is thinking about sending her to the retirement home

She needs to be retired in the Blade Runner sense.

metachronos
Sep 11, 2001

When I roll, baby I roll DEEP

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

She needs to be retired in the Blade Runner sense.

How can some people be so loving evil? That woman is a psychopath.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'm mostly floored "hey so I'm marrying a guy you've never heard of because I wanted to make sure he'd be a good step-dad before introducing you" was not only a plan the mother thought was reasonable, but one that panned out exactly as intended.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soylent Pudding posted:

Sentence: send her to the cheapest - most elder abuse-y nursing home you can find. Never visit.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I'm mostly confused by the fact that OP never contacted biodad in all this time. The twist in these stories is always, "biodad didn't know he had a kid" and I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'm mostly floored "hey so I'm marrying a guy you've never heard of because I wanted to make sure he'd be a good step-dad before introducing you" was not only a plan the mother thought was reasonable, but one that panned out exactly as intended.
It has been like 2 months, still plenty of time for it to go sideways.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Dr. Stab posted:

How does one person spend 400 dollars a week on food? That's 19 dollars a meal.

He’s probably buying stuff to trade for drugs, and/or just buying booze at the grocery store.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yeah, seems like there should be a middle ground between the intended, "I don't want my daughter to feel instability through my boyfriends." and, "I'm gonna marry this guy who has never interacted with my kid before! HOPE IT WORKS OUT!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Yeah, no kidding. Was definitely not expecting it to go that way but good on stepdad.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm mostly confused by the fact that OP never contacted biodad in all this time. The twist in these stories is always, "biodad didn't know he had a kid" and I don't see any evidence to the contrary.

If there's someone who's still a child who has struggled with feelings of rejection their whole life I can see that not risking further rejection would feel safer for them.

Edit: Now as a palette cleanser I need to go re-read the story of the adopted child who found their mother working in a diner then visited surreptitiously before making contact.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ad090 posted:

I’m assuming that this money was in a 529 (or some other type of college-specific savings account), but how do you force someone to pay what is essentially child support after you are 18?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I’m assuming that this money was in a 529 (or some other type of college-specific savings account), but how do you force someone to pay what is essentially child support after you are 18?

Child support orders can include requirements to (partially) pay for college in some jurisdictions. I think it's based on the idea that saving for college would be part of the ordinary family expenses. And there might be negotiated tradeoffs like lower support payments now because the college support is agreed to in the future. I know this was a huge sticking point in my parents divorce because dad wanted to have zero financial obligations the moment I turned 18.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

If there's someone who's still a child who has struggled with feelings of rejection their whole life I can see that not risking further rejection would feel safer for them.

Edit: Now as a palette cleanser I need to go re-read the story of the adopted child who found their mother working in a diner then visited surreptitiously before making contact.

I love that one. There was another update where he met his biodad and they had another emotional reunion.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I love that one. There was another update where he met his biodad and they had another emotional reunion.

Was it posted here?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Invisible Clergy posted:

r/relationships: she got a fraudulent doctors note (she was sleeping with him) is incredible as title fodder.

Just overall, what an incredible post. OP hates his mom, his mom and stepdad hate him and his wife, he managed to go no contact for almost a year with no major consequences, but then at the 2 year mark decides to pull a pin on a grenade no one needed set off. I imagine OP is some kind of camel that stores drama in his hump and must periodically replenish reserves. This ought to be enough to coast off of for a while.

It's a pity the Iranian yogurt has already kind of laid claim to this summary, but

OP, this conflict is not about the cheese.

Mods change my name to Empty Drama Hump

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

The state can only force you to pay child support but most settled divorces involve some negotiated provisions that both parties agree to. Think of it like a contract, but instead of enforcing the order in regular court by breach of contract you put your dad in front of a family court judge on contempt charges.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Kurieg posted:

Was it posted here?

I can never remember if I see a post itt or on r/bestofupdates... I'll dig it up and post it anyway.

But first this:
AITA for telling my boyfriend that he can't date younger and then get upset about my budget apartment?

quote:

So I recently got together with a guy from my hobby, he asked me out first and I had some doubts that we'd work together as a couple because of the age difference, he's 35 and I'm 22.

So, in my apartment, since it's an old house that was originally a single family house, there isn't much soundproofing. And the floors creak when people move.

I've gotten used to the sound of the guy upstairs getting up at 4 am since he starts work at 5.

And the sound of the girls in the apartments to either side of mine watching telenovelas till midnight, taking work calls all day and having friends over on weekend nights.

I know when I play music or have friends over, some of the sound leaks through the walls. So I'd never get upset about hearing my neighbors because it goes both ways.

So... When my boyfriend started coming over more often, he had complaints about the neighbors. Which put me in an awkward place, he wanted to go speak to them or have me text them and I said no.

For example, one of the early times he stayed over we went to bed around 10. He wanted me to ask my neighbor to turn down her TV. I said she didn't have it that loud and she turns it off at midnight anyway.

At 4 am, he got very irritated with my upstairs neighbor getting up and cooking breakfast. I said that he would be done by 5 because that's when his shift starts.

At 7 am, he was still trying to sleep in and the neighbor on the other side had some work calls that he said he couldn't sleep through. I offered him earplugs and he said he couldn't sleep with them in either, he wanted me to ask her to quiet down.

He had similar comments every time he heard someone else in the building just living their life especially if it was when he was in bed.

I got frustrated with my boyfriend and told him "you know, you can't expect to date a 'hot young' 22 year old and not wanna deal with a 22 year olds living situation! I don't know if you realize but this is a normal apartment for someone my age... Hell, my neighbors are pretty great; nobody's throwing loud parties on work nights, nobody's having screaming fights, nobody's having babies!"

(The 'hot young' part was in sarcastic air quotes because those were his words not mine)

He got irritated and asked why I was bringing age into it, and I said it's because he can't both want someone so young and also want someone with house kinda money! And he was being so out of touch with how normal people in their 20s live.

He got really irritated with me bringing age into it, and even more annoyed when I'd respond to his neighbor complaints in the future with "ok boomer" or tell him that if he wanted me to have a "rich person apartment" he could pay for it.

AITA for what I said to my boyfriend about my apartment?

Edit - A lot of comments are asking if we could stay at his house

It's not possible for me to get to his house on my own because I don't have a car and the buses don't go that far into the suburbs.

So that would mean him driving 30 minutes from his house in the suburbs to pick me up, then an extra 30 to drive me to his house. Then an hour round trip early in the morning to get me home in time for work.

It's a lot easier for him to visit me in the city.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I can never remember if I see a post itt or on r/bestofupdates... I'll dig it up and post it anyway.

But first this:
AITA for telling my boyfriend that he can't date younger and then get upset about my budget apartment?

she's the sidepiece, right?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just hanging out with my hot young 22 year old girlfriend :c00lbert:

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to bed, it's 10PM and I'm all tuckered out

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

She's great is what she is. Fleece that rear end in a top hat for any cash you can and toss him to the curb when his bitching outweighs the money.

edit: like seriously, the fact he's just letting her dunk on him repeatedly while making no effort to stop her in any way shows he's a spineless curmudgeon unwilling to not get his dick wet. She has literally all the cards.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 10, 2022

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Found this on the r/bestof sub and thought it made for a nice break from pants making GBS threads and head pissing.

Original: Posted 5 Days ago on r/offmychest

Update:

Met my biological dad for the first time ever and I’m very happy about it

quote:

Lots of you asked to let you know how it goes meeting my biological dad and to say it was emotional….is an understatement. I’ve been feeling so many things since this all happened. We met a few days ago. Was originally supposed to be almost 2 weeks ago but poo poo kept coming up. Work and then I got sick (not covid) for days. But we made it happen. Tbh this was more nervous for me because I didn’t know anything about him. With my bio mom it was different because I watched her from far and got to know her a little before it came out. I asked my bio mom if she could be there too just because she knows him better so it was the 2 of us waiting for him at this park.

He was already crying before we even got to him. This guy is strong too so he pulled me in for the biggest bear hug and crying 😅🥲

He told me he wants me to know that they loved me so much and he loves me. I lost count how many times he’d come back in for one more hug.
This definitely got to him. And he kept saying thank you God a few times. Looking at my face. The feelings man, the feelings… We had so many of them. Hearing him tell me how much they love me even back then. It meant so much for me to hear that and ngl that had me holding him tight too.

I’m sure to everyone at the park it was weird seeing 3 crying people lol. My bio dad said he cried so many times just driving over here he didn’t think he had anymore tears until he saw us. When we were all sitting down it hit me that my bio mom was NOT lying when she said we look alike 😂 obviously he’s older but still holy poo poo the similarities.

He brought gifts too which was a surprise. It was really nice he told me I don’t have to keep them if I don’t want it but he felt weird not coming with anything and he’s wanted to give this to me for a long time.

One was a teddy bear holding a picture frame of him at the hospital holding me (he was 15 years old, it’s still crazy to realize that ). And then the other thing was a journal. The journal thing was stuff he said he started writing to me years after I was adopted. He was in therapy and that that helped him to cope thinking he would give them to me one day. His way of still feeling connected to me. I haven’t read everything yet but some of the pages were his thoughts and like if he’s talking to me. How he felt when they found out she was pregnant, then the adoption, everything going on in his mind when he first got to hold me as a baby. I didn’t even know he was at the hospital too.

It was not what I was expecting.. it really got me. I read some more of what he wrote last night that really got me crying. I’m sad to think how much this affected them emotionally for years. Also think it’s pretty sweet he wanted to write this for me. We talked about his own life which was pretty hard. His struggles with home life and the feelings he had about giving me up. Then he wanted to know everything about me. Basically with the same questions my bio mom had. I made sure they knew they made the right decision. Because my life was pretty great.

He looked like he wanted to cry when he knew that because that’s all they hoped for and it was something he always wondered about for years. My bio mom left a bit after we were more comfortable so we could talk more in private once it didn’t feel too awkward between us. From there he told me stories about how he met my bio mom. Sometimes he’d point out stuff he notice about me that reminds him of her or me and him having similar likes.

Example: I love eating mangos. I can eat them all day and that’s what I bought when we bought snacks at the park. He told me my bio mom was obsessed with mangos seven before she got pregnant, while pregnant she craved it even more.

Just cool info to know even if it’s random stuff lol. It’s still stuff we have in common and we both have lots. Both like hiking, playing pool, he was a swimmer in college and I was on a swim team in highschool, both love rock music. Especially 90’s. My bio dad was really open about sharing everything. Like he really was getting ready for this meeting. He hoped it would happen and he prayed everyday to see me again because he had so many things he wanted to tell me. Overall really good first meeting. I’m glad how it went. He’s open to the idea of meeting my parents. After I told them about all this because they definitely want to meet my bio parents again if I’m comfortable with that, obviously if my bio parents are too. Let’s see when that happens. Idk how it’s gonna feel for me. They’ve met eachother before I was even born but I never had them at the same place so that’ll be interesting lol.

Me and my parents met up yesterday to have breakfast so I could tell them everything. My mom was so happy how it went. She actually cried too when I was telling them about both their reactions. My dad was proud because he knew how hard it was the months after finding my bio mom and not really wanting to make contact yet. I’m really happy to have their support because it’s hard not to feel guilty about wanting to know more my bio parents. They gave me a really good life so for a while it’s felt like maybe to them I’m showing them that wasn’t good enough for me and I’d rather have my bio parents. But they told me many times they want me to do this for me and the know how much I love them. And I really do.

Finding them and meeting them was hard. But it was so worth it to me. And seeing their reactions made it feel even more worth it. Still can’t believe it sometimes.

I’m just realizing this has turned into a long post, my bad haha. Writing this has been therapeutic tbh. Kind of thinking back to everything that’s happened. Feeling really grateful. Again wanna say thank you to everyone who has been on this journey with me. Everyone who sent me their own stories, their love, their encouragement. You guys have beautiful hearts and I’m happy I had somewhere to talk about all this and receive so much love back! Just wanna say to all the adopted kids out there, i wish you guys luck and that you find what you’re looking for. It’s not easy at all. I feel fortunate that things didn’t go badly or that my bio parents aren’t bad people. And to all the birth parents out there who made this sacrifice, thank you 🙏🏻 🙏🏻🙏🏻It’s because of you there are kids out there like me who got to have a great life with loving parents ❤️
Long but I bolded some of the nicest parts. The whole post is like a warm hug though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Met my biological dad for the first time ever and I’m very happy about it

Long but I bolded some of the nicest parts. The whole post is like a warm hug though.

This is really wholesome. I'm tearing up here.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I'd have more sympathy for Dog Terror Girl if her problem was 'I want to move in with my BF because I love him so much, but dog' rather than 'I can't afford to live in a nice place by myself so BF should be obliged to house me, but dog.'

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peg Sliderskew posted:

I'd have more sympathy for Dog Terror Girl if her problem was 'I want to move in with my BF because I love him so much, but dog' rather than 'I can't afford to live in a nice place by myself so BF should be obliged to house me, but dog.'

If you don't like dogs (like me), the sensible thing is to not date people with dogs. Just don't do it! Like that short guy with a complex, just don't date women that aren't at least a head shorter than you! Just don't do it!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is really wholesome. I'm tearing up here.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Mx. posted:

AITA for recycling my boyfriend's soda can "collection"?
OP is dating this guy?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

tinytort posted:

Hell, how the gently caress do you reach the age of "can go grocery shopping on your own" and not realize that yellow cheddar exists? Most commercially sold cheddars are Generic Yellow-Orange, to the point where white cheddar is the unusual variation in a grocery store.

I work in a grocery store, and every single day I meet a person easily over 50 that has never met a grocery in their life. Complete unawareness of what food is before it's been prepared and handed to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Let's wholesome up this page

I (15M) started calling my stepdad 'dad', and now my stepbrother (17M) won't speak to me

quote:

My mom married my stepdad when I was 7, and I met him when I was 5. my biological father passed when I was 6months old, so sadly I did not know him. my stepdad has been the only 'dad' I've ever known.

previously I just called him by his name, but over Christmas I asked him if I could call him dad. I had been thinking about it for a while, and read posts from people on here that decided to do it, and so I decided to ask him. he told me that I could call him dad if I wanted to all the time or just sometimes, and that if I started doing it but then didn't want to anymore that would be ok too, he loved me and that wouldn't change. that meant a lot to me at the time.

I thought about talking to my stepbrother, Aaron, about it first because I usually talk to him about most things first. plus he's the step sibling that im closest too, because my stepsisters are older. however Aaron went away with his mom and that side of his family for christmas/New Years so he wasn't here to talk to. but he always calls me his brother and he introduces me to people as his brother so I didn't think he would mine.

Aaron was here last weekend and he heard me say 'dad', and he made a comment like 'that's new...'. he asked me when I decided to to start saying dad and he just said 'interesting'. I asked him if he was mad and he said 'why do you care what I think now?', and left. he stayed in his room the rest on the night on Saturday, and when I woke up on Sunday he was gone, when he was suppose to be here for the week like usual.

my stepdad and mom tried to say that Aaron wasn't mad at me, but its pretty obvious he is. I texted him that I would sorry for not speaking to him first and that I would stop (which I have), but he hasn't replied to me. I told my stepdad about my conversation with Aaron and he says its not fault, but Aaron's clearly mad at me.

I miss Aaron a lot, we didn't get to hangout all break because he was away, and now he's mad at me and not speaking to me. I don't know how to apologise anymore, I just want to see him again.
Second Post:

quote:

firstly, thanks for all the advice on my post. the first person I talked to was my dad, and I told him that I don't want to stop calling him dad, because he is my dad. he's always is and has been there for me. and so I went back to calling him dad again, it feels great. one of my stepsisters took me to lunch to also tell me that I'm family, and that if I want to call dad 'dad' I should, and that I should not change my mind because of Aaron (my stepbrother).

however, Aaron was still not speaking to me. he did weirdly like a two of my old instagram pics though, im assuming by accident. a couple days after my post I texted him again and said "we've never gone this long without speaking and this hurts a lot. I miss you so much. whenever you want to talk I'm here." I could see that he read it right away, but he didn't reply. at like 4am the following day he texted me back and said 'I love you, hopefully we can talk soon'. it felt good to read him say he still loves me, but also made me sad again that he wasn't there to tell me in person.

it was like a week or so later that he finally came over to talk to me. Aaron firstly apologised for getting mad. he said it was because over Christmas he got into a fight with his mom over her pressuring him to call his stepdad 'dad', and he refused to because he didn't want to. and so when he came back here and saw me doing the same thing it was a bad surprise. however he did say my relationship with our dad and his relationship with his stepdad aren't the same, so he fully supports me in calling our dad 'dad'.

I was also honest with him about how it felt to be ignored by him, and how it made me feel. before this he was one of the people that I knew would always be there for me and probably the first person I'd go to, but it's hard to feel that way right now. he told that he's going to work to get us back there.

we've spent a lot of time together since he apologised, which has been really nice. he told me how much I mean to him. it feels close to normal between us, although occasionally I think back on this whole situation. I love him a lot, and look up to him a lot, so hopefully things continue to just get more normal.