Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I only started getting period mouth ulcers recently and it’s blowing my mind that it’s a thing. Never heard of it before. Now I get two or three ulcers during it. I thought something was seriously wrong with me wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I only started getting period mouth ulcers recently and it’s blowing my mind that it’s a thing. Never heard of it before. Now I get two or three ulcers during it. I thought something was seriously wrong with me wtf

Periods are amazing, aren't they? You can have literally ANY problem like mouth ulcers, debilitating headaches, and rashes, and they'll all be diagnosed as "eh, that's what happens with you broads and your wacky periods"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

HopperUK posted:

What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

Definitely, for sure, absolutely, the poops.

It would also have been nice to know what an "average" flow is like, because I would have liked to learn BEFORE my 30s that bleeding through a super-plus tampon in two hours is unusual/worthy of concern.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

HopperUK posted:

What's the symptom you're most annoyed nobody ever warned you about when you were young? I think for me it's the godawful poops.

The loving palpitations .

I can deal with the poops.
I can deal with the "it's 3 am, you've bled through your stuff, let's change clothes and bedlinen AND have a surprise shower!"
I DESPISE the heart going pitty pat for days on end - it's like having the grim reaper constantly at your elbow saying "you know, I could end you like *this*"

Edit: close second is SUPER SMELL POWER. Some loving genius in evolution decided that a hormone spike should give us extra-sensitive smell powers just about when we are surrounded by extremely gross smells.

That's just mean.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 3, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Whenever my wife starts playing "hunt the smell" I know she's in for a rough period.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Starting in the middle of the night is unusual but at least its polite enough to wake me up with cramps too painful to sleep through to let me know

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ah the getting teary and emotional over my cats, how cute they are and their life spans part of my cycle has started.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Oh the cramps, friends, the cramps this time are just unkind

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Hmmm wonder why I keep getting diarrhoea this afternoon…oh here comes a giant blood clot! And abdominal stabbing!

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Whenever my wife starts playing "hunt the smell" I know she's in for a rough period.

On paper, having a hyper-powerful sense of smell, just like a dog, sounds pretty drat cool.

Except there are faaar more nasty smells than good ones, and dogs fuckin love nasty smells.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
The monthly game of Can Everyone Else Smell Me or Am I Just A Bloodhound Right Now?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

I've never smelled anyone else's period, ever, so I have to conclude it's not as smelly as it feels like.

Also mine still ain't started properly. day three of cramps, of exhaustion. But at least today I'm not sad! Today I am loving *raging*. I could kick this house in half. Rrrr.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Ok but you know when you go to do washing, you pick up some pants and think “hmm are these dirty enough to wash?” so you give them a sniff and think “oh yeah… I had my period this week didn’t I”. It’s not even a blood smell necessarily, it’s just… period crotch smell

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Ok but you know when you go to do washing, you pick up some pants and think “hmm are these dirty enough to wash?” so you give them a sniff and think “oh yeah… I had my period this week didn’t I”. It’s not even a blood smell necessarily, it’s just… period crotch smell

Oh totally yeah I know exactly what you mean. But like - I honestly don't think I've ever smelled that smell on anyone else. Except people who were in a *really* bad way, and they smelled of like, lots of things.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Only once, and it was just a whiff of the Always scent as they walked past.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Does anyone get nausea after their period? I just had a very intense period that was like 5 straight days of clots. And as soon as it ended like every afternoon for three days I’ve just felt this intense nausea and exhaustion. Covid test is negative. Temperature is normal.

gently caress bodies.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

CherryCola posted:

Does anyone get nausea after their period? I just had a very intense period that was like 5 straight days of clots. And as soon as it ended like every afternoon for three days I’ve just felt this intense nausea and exhaustion. Covid test is negative. Temperature is normal.

gently caress bodies.

Yup, exhaustion and nausea for day after day after day. I want to sleep forever but I can't actually sleep more than about 7 hours because more is NOT ALLOWED.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

God that feeling in the middle of your period where you wake up in the morning and you are ragingly thirsty, and you really need to pee, but you are reluctant to move because when you do, that hallway scene from The Shining will re-enact itself in your underwear.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

And just like that, after a full day of period shits, night-time pads, and blood clots that could fill the palm of my hand, my period stopped. Completely.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

And just like that, after a full day of period shits, night-time pads, and blood clots that could fill the palm of my hand, my period stopped. Completely.

Mine are like that sometimes. I used to have long, long periods that tailed off over ages, and now it's like it flips a switch.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Anyone else ever get the extreme smell sensitivity thing a few days after ovulation? Consistently happens to me and is so loving annoying.

angry emu
Aug 25, 2011

The mouth ulcers thing just blew my mind. Solved a mystery for me.

Also my boobs are absolutely killing me rn. Even the slightest jiggling from regular moving around is the worst.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I don't get mouth ulcers but I do get at least one, usually multiple, stye(s) which is like. Really sexy.

I do want to post about my gratitude for my diva cup bc man does dealing with my period twice a day and forgetting I'm even bleeding during the rest of the day make me feel so much more like a human being with competence and dignity than the alternatives

Also maybe it's just PCOS hormone weirdness but beyond like the first or second day of my period all the mood poo poo lifts and I'm actually in a better than average mood for the rest? Feels clean feels organic

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is menopause going to be this loving bad?

It's really an individual thing. It's been unpleasant, though. The short-term memory glitches and hot flashes throughout the night loving suck.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Mouth ulcers are my biggest physical tell, along with ranker than normal sweat when I'm working out. I always feel stinkier in general in the lead up to and during my period.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly
Just ordered a cup because I'm tired of spending money on tampons.

I promptly started my period. I guess one last go with tampons and pads :argh:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

So I’m 4 days clear of a full day of heavy bleeding, period shits and massive clots. I just woke up lying on my back to realise I had farted and…something didn’t feel right. The mattress over under my rear end felt wet, almost like I’d pissed myself in my sleep. Put my hand down there and turned on the torch on my phone only to be greeted by my blood-covered fingers, a bloodstained mattress and my nice brand new white underwear looking like my cooch had been directed by Akira Kurosawa.

It’s almost Valentine’s weekend FFS. I had plans to get railed by Mr Alleyway.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hutla posted:

The monthly game of Can Everyone Else Smell Me or Am I Just A Bloodhound Right Now?

Aaaaaaaaahhhh fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkk this is definitely something I can relate to :negative:

HopperUK posted:

I've never smelled anyone else's period, ever, so I have to conclude it's not as smelly as it feels like.

Same, but much like not ever having seen anyone leak before, it's still weirdly un-comforting.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

YeahTubaMike posted:

Same, but much like not ever having seen anyone leak before, it's still weirdly un-comforting.

I've never realized I've never seen someone else leak...and yea, still not comforting at all.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Honestly I have seen someone leak before and it was just kind of "aw, poor them :("

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
end me today :negative:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Killingyouguy! posted:

Honestly I have seen someone leak before and it was just kind of "aw, poor them :("

Did you let them know? :ohdear:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

YeahTubaMike posted:

Did you let them know? :ohdear:

Not me personally, but someone in my group did

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

15 hours, a restless night's sleep, 5 pad changes and 8 giant blood clots later, my flow has finally started to slow down to a point where I'm not afraid to stand up in case my cooch decides to randomly sneeze out yet another giant clot. I feel like evolution could've found a less trousers-and-bedsheets-ruining signal for 'not pregnant'.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Embrace Nature and stop wearing pants

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ImEuU7xxQ&t=28s

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Imagine if periods were 100% on time, and just came out in one megaflow?
Like, you'd just set up an alarm that you NEED to be in a bathroom at, say, 3.00pm every 28 days and that would be that, all done in 5 minutes.

Conversely, imagine the horror when you realise you accidentally muted alarms, and here you are sitting in a subway at Bloodbath O'Clock?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Some of yalls normals sound like where I was at when my uterine polyps detached and I got sent to the ER for anemia :ohdear:

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
re: leak chat, I was in HS drama class and the girl in front of me on stage during rehearsal had leaked, I immediately whipped off my flannel (yay 90s), went up behind her, tied it around her waist and succinctly whispered that she'd had an accident and to go to the nurse asap. Mission successful because none of the boys knew, and she gave me my flannel back the next day with a huge hug lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Pyrtanis posted:

re: leak chat, I was in HS drama class and the girl in front of me on stage during rehearsal had leaked, I immediately whipped off my flannel (yay 90s), went up behind her, tied it around her waist and succinctly whispered that she'd had an accident and to go to the nurse asap. Mission successful because none of the boys knew, and she gave me my flannel back the next day with a huge hug lol

That is incredibly sweet