Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This Ar-Pharazon guy....idk....seems like a bad egg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok I ended up having a spare few mins and read it. I’ll watch it just for the visuals (which look stunning) and Morfydd Clark getting lots to do, and they’re saying all the right things, but I’m still not wildly confident.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm disheartened by the idea of Futurama coming back again. Like, yes, I'm going to ignore it again for the sake of keeping my memories of the show as positive as possible, but it still bothers me that they won't just let it go.

muscles like this! posted:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1491593828222046211
So, yeah, DiMaggio clearly expected a pay bump what with this being the third time the series has been brought back but Hulu isn't budging.

Now, if only he could convince Billy West that HE deserves more money TOO...

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Is this like the fifth or sixth time it's been revived?

It sure as poo poo feels like it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I do this weird thing where I don't watch stuff I'm not interested in.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I do this weird thing where I don't watch stuff I'm not interested in.

Yeah but aren't you still suppose to have an opinion about it and let everyone know?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My opinions are worthless so I keep them confined to social media and sidewalk corners.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Your av and description is perfect for the current discussion, BTW.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Data Graham posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they do a reboot of the Simpsons, and run it in parallel with new episodes of the actual Simpsons

lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The pilot for Fairview is on again this morning in the middle of their South Park marathon of the day and holy gently caress, I can't stand these voice actors yelling at the top of their lungs so far.

e- I feel like I've seen this style of animation somewhere before, but can't put my finger on if it was something on Kablam! when I was a kid or if it's more Archer/Frisky Dingo.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 10, 2022

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they do a reboot of the Simpsons, and run it in parallel with new episodes of the actual Simpsons

Ultimate Simpsons

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

CBJSprague24 posted:

The pilot for Fairview is on again this morning in the middle of their South Park marathon of the day and holy gently caress, I can't stand these voice actors yelling at the top of their lungs so far.

e- I feel like I've seen this style of animation somewhere before, but can't put my finger on if it was something on Kablam! when I was a kid or if it's more Archer/Frisky Dingo.

I saw the promo and dear god what an ugly cartoon. I don't even remember the voice actors because the art style was so hideous.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

Ultimate Simpsons

You think this S stands for SHELBYVILLE?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I've been saying for years that they have decades of SD episode out there and they would probably get just as high ratings from re-animating in HD and reusing the existing voice recordings. Most of the audience probably hasn't seen a good chunk of them at this point.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bull3964 posted:

I've been saying for years that they have decades of SD episode out there and they would probably get just as high ratings from re-animating in HD and reusing the existing voice recordings. Most of the audience probably hasn't seen a good chunk of them at this point.

this will happen but only after the voice actors retire so they can get Chris Pratt to redo most of the characters

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I am waiting for Pixar to rerender their older movies with higher textures at some point, it's gonna happen.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am waiting for Pixar to rerender their older movies with higher textures at some point, it's gonna happen.

And it will turn out to be the sort of cheap upscaling you get in Samsung 4K Smart TVs.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Better Call Saul is back April 18th! Final season is 13 episodes and split into two parts, with the first seven episodes airing until the end of May and the last six kicking off in mid-July. It’s not a long gap, but it’s still a dumb move imo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Better Call Saul is back April 18th! Final season is 13 episodes and split into two parts, with the first seven episodes airing until the end of May and the last six kicking off in mid-July. It’s not a long gap, but it’s still a dumb move imo.

Goddddd

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm disheartened by the idea of Futurama coming back again. Like, yes, I'm going to ignore it again for the sake of keeping my memories of the show as positive as possible, but it still bothers me that they won't just let it go.

Now, if only he could convince Billy West that HE deserves more money TOO...

It sure as poo poo feels like it.

If it turns into a quote thread like The Simpsons thread, so be it, but I went and made a Futurama thread.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Timby posted:

I've tried some and I've also known others who have tried them, with differing levels of efficacy. I was put on mirtazipine for a while, and it gave me the most ridiculous mood swings. I've also been put on naltrexone, both normal and low-dose, and they did nothing for me outside of giving me headaches and stomach pain. Campral worked for a little while but eventually gave me so many mood swings and killed my appetite to the extent that I had to get off of it, because I was losing a dangerous amount of weight.

I know a few folks who have tried / been put on antabuse, didn't work for them at all. That being said, I'm not a fan of the drug as a relapse prevention tool in the first place; its function (to make you vomit your guts out if you drink) is negative reinforcement, basically making the alcoholic think "Well, I can't drink because otherwise I'll get sick and puke," as opposed to promoting positive reinforcement.

The one thing I always remind myself when I have temptations--and believe me, even though I've been free of booze for so long, the temptations are real--is that even though I didn't get in trouble every time I drank, every time I got in trouble, I'd been drinking.

Thanks for the first hand knowledge post

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

If it turns into a quote thread like The Simpsons thread, so be it, but I went and made a Futurama thread.

Good news, everyone!

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

CBJSprague24 posted:

bitmoji

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Some who aren't in the Tolkien nerd thread might be interested in this very in-depth article on the upcoming Rings of Power series:

https://twitter.com/VanityFair/status/1491757049486655489

Let's spend half a billion on a show and give the costume department a $75 gift card at Spirit Halloween. How are Amazon shows so bad at this?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gaunab posted:

I liked Reacher. I'm 90% sure the show knows its source material is stupid.

It's a bit like Banshee in that regard. Just wants to be a fun, dumb action show.

I think there are too many shows that try to be prestige TV when they aren't. Billions is a show that I think transitioned perfectly. First season they really wanted to be taken seriously and then decided just to be a dumb show about rich people fighting over power and money.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Documentary Now is coming back with six episodes this year.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

yes but what cast

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Some of the documentaries featured in the new outings include My Monkey Grifter, which follows a filmmaker who forms a deep, emotional, and financially taxing relationship with a monkey who may have ulterior motives. It draws inspiration from the 2020 Netflix original, My Octopus Teacher, about a filmmaker who forges a bond with an octopus in the wild.

Two Hairdressers In Bagglyport is a fly-on-the-wall portrait of a hair salon owner and her staff in the small coastal village of Bagglyport as they prepare their yearly stylebook. It pays homage to fashion documentaries like 3 Salons At The Stateside (a moving film about the staff and customers of three hairdressing salons) and The September Issue, which chronicles Anna Wintour’s preparations for the 2007 fall-fashion Vogue issue.

Then there’s a parody of the 1996 sports documentary When We Were Kings about a heavyweight championship match. How They Threw Rocks is about the Welsh sport of Craig Maes, also known as Field Rock.

Info on the other episodes, and on the cast, is coming soon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/theo_wayt/status/1491874861853126657

Yeah, I don't think so pal

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I already watch like 6-10 ads before every movie in the theater.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

*Watching a WW2 movie* Oooh is that Hugo Boss

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
But what if you watched micro commercials in the commercials you are already watching??? This could increase consumer-brand affiliation metrics by upwards of 0.05% just imagine the increase in shareholder profits yes yes yes CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ahaha I'm this guy's worst nightmare as a viewer. Ad/tracker-blocked up to the nines, habitually "watch" TV shows on a second/third monitor, sometimes with it in a background tab I can't see on any monitor. It takes an exceptional show to trick me into looking at it the whole time with my eyeballs, doubly so if I'm looking at it and not even typing at the same time. Season 1 of The Leftovers is the only thing recently come to mind that actively tricked me into stopping what I was doing to exclusively watch it, and I don't even remember which brand of paper tower she bought even though it was an Important Moment for the Paper Towels. You'll never track my eyes looking at your products unless you put them dead center of something I can't look away from, like the goatse man's welcoming maw.

Then again, with no prompting whatsoever I do stand up and cheer "McDonald's" a few times a week.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Really looking forward to you continuing, btw!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Going through old pictures and came across my favorite Netflix description ever.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

CBJSprague24 posted:

I got "Kid Notorious" vibes from what little I saw of the preview clip on the tweet that was posted a few days ago. I think a Robert Evans show might perform better these days since he was like ground zero for Hollywood sleaze 'me too' kinds of things. Hank Moody crossed with Bojack Horseman fueled by whatever kind of drugs Charlie Sheen does to get to the wizard/tiger blood stage of crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN226PToig

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh hey look, they already released stills from the first episode!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Disney has announced that they're no longer going forward with their live action Beauty and the Beast prequel about Gaston. Apparently it just wasn't coming together at all and had already been delayed before so they decided to stop before any filming happened. Probably for the best as it has already been five years since the movie and Luke Evans and Josh Gad aren't exactly getting any younger.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Disney has announced that they're no longer going forward with their live action Beauty and the Beast prequel about Gaston. Apparently it just wasn't coming together at all and had already been delayed before so they decided to stop before any filming happened. Probably for the best as it has already been five years since the movie and Luke Evans and Josh Gad aren't exactly getting any younger.

Alan Ritchson would have made the perfect Gaston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadline.com/2022/02/julio-torres-inks-two-year-first-look-deal-hbo-hbo-max-sets-two-half-hour-series-1234930950/
HBO has decided to go all in on Julio Torres greenlighting two new series from him. The first, Little Stories, will have Torres write/produce/star and will be kind of an anthology series with him telling the story of how he lost a golden clam while getting sidetracked in the titular little stories. For the second, Lucky, Torres is going to produce and write and will be about a non binary trans character and their life navigating Brooklyn's gig economy.