Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

ultrafilter posted:

Worst post of the day so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:romo: What the poo poo is this bullcrap, get off the goddamned forums and never come back. :romo:

SpeakSlow posted:

Here's some no-brain fun. Take your most hated internet meme, stick a Transformer or two in it, and bash it to crap!

Examples of annoying meme:

Examples of memes being bashed (SO FUNNY):

Now do yours!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
GBS Schad thread delivering due to food chat

Grape posted:

Though it continues to be hilarious how Brits just can't take the heat on this subject.

Butterfly Valley posted:

There is no heat to take, is the point. Self deprecation and satire are integral parts of British culture and identity whereas Americans are probably the most thin skinned nation of cry babies on the planet when it comes to any perceived slight against the nation. I left my own poo poo country because I hated the politics, the fawning deference to an evil upper class who we repeatedly elect even while they openly mock us, the rapidly accelerating deterioration of any sensible and measured public discourse, a media in bed with those in power who do nothing to question the open corruption, and the infantilisation of entertainment to the point a lot of tv shows are indistinguishable from those made up in dystopic satirical shows from years past that tried to predict the declining intellect of the people. I'm the first to take the piss about any and all of that, along with our weird cultural habits, our poo poo colonialist history, our imagined superiority to the rest of the world even though we're an increasingly irrelevant little island off the coast of a continent we voluntarily severed our main economical links with.

Our food, literature, music, comedy, and other arts-related things are about the only thing I'll defend, because they're objectively good. Americans trying to own Brits about our food usually involves referencing stupid poo poo pulled out of 200 year old cookbooks which no-one had ever heard of until they were dredged up eons later, or are super racist by telling British Indians and Pakistanis that their food culture doesn't count as British, or very quickly involve into people trying to type like Dick Van Dyke and it's just a bit embarrassing.

Good, my friend is an astrophotographer and his job has been made exponentially more difficult by Musk's vanity project here

Glad you're enjoying them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

GBS Schad thread delivering due to food chat

I thought that was talking about the USA for most of the first paragraph.

'Pointing out my cultural appropriation is racist' is an ambitious take tho.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Yeah but could you beat a rock?

MrUnderbridge posted:

That depends. Is there vegetation around that I could use to make rudimentary paper?

Brawnfire posted:

Sounds like you've got it covered

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Outrail posted:

Immigrant cuisine is super interesting but also gets weird when you start trying to fit it into neat little cultural boxes because you get a lot of dishes that are in the style of traditional food but altered to either fit the majority culture's palate (or perceived palate), or modified to use different ingredients because the usual ones aren't available, or actually a version of a regional dish but done in their culture's style.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Immigrant cuisine is super interesting but also gets weird when you start trying to fit it into neat little cultural boxes because you get a lot of dishes that are in the style of traditional food but altered to either fit the majority culture's palate (or perceived palate), or modified to use different ingredients because the usual ones aren't available, or actually a version of a regional dish but done in their culture's style.

immigrant cuisine rules, no matter where you are

I imagine immigrant british or american chefs in like, thailand make some absolutely wonderful dishes for exactly the reasons you describe

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

People who insist on sharp borders and purity of essence in food strike me as having the same kind of brainworms as the weirdos who insist on keeping languages static and unchanging without understanding what a complete bastard polyglot fuckpile of different regional tongues basically every single language already is. Like, people who unironically want to keep Italian cooking traditional and pure without considering that it would involve a shitload of Garum and no loving tomatoes because those are a recent import, and who would essentially be writing off a vast chunk of Vietnamese food.

My grandmother came to Australia with Oregano seeds sewn into the hem of her dress for want of any growing here, and had to go to the pharmacy to buy Olive Oil with which to make her disgusting foreign muck, and nowadays there's an entire shelf in the supermarket for 20 different varieties of pasta noodle.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Breetai posted:

People who insist on sharp borders and purity of essence in food strike me as having the same kind of brainworms as the weirdos who insist on keeping languages static and unchanging without understanding what a complete bastard polyglot fuckpile of different regional tongues basically every single language already is. Like, people who unironically want to keep Italian cooking traditional and pure without considering that it would involve a shitload of Garum and no loving tomatoes because those are a recent import, and who would essentially be writing off a vast chunk of Vietnamese food.

My grandmother came to Australia with Oregano seeds sewn into the hem of her dress for want of any growing here, and had to go to the pharmacy to buy Olive Oil with which to make her disgusting foreign muck, and nowadays there's an entire shelf in the supermarket for 20 different varieties of pasta noodle.

Your grandmother rules

Polyglot Fuckpile would be a great multi-language punk band name

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Outrail posted:

Polyglot Fuckpile would be a great multi-language punk band name

Taken

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Breetai posted:

Pasta was an import to Italy too!

Edit:
Also the Romans only used garlic for medicine. Supposedly. That one is hard for me to believe because, I mean, come on. That poo poo is delicious.

Robobot has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Feb 10, 2022

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Outrail posted:

This is an astonishingly ignorant (ie American) take tbh.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Robobot posted:

Pasta was an import to Italy too!

Edit:
Also the Romans only used garlic for medicine. Supposedly. That one is hard for me to believe because, I mean, come on. That poo poo is delicious.

It's true, much like how I only use alcohol for cooking

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

RFC2324 posted:

I imagine immigrant british or american chefs in like, thailand make some absolutely wonderful dishes for exactly the reasons you describe

For real, three of the best restaurants I've ever been to were run by Europeans on a tiny island in Panama.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I bet the German food in Argentina is to die for.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I heard it gives some people gas.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Argentinian pastries fresh from the oven are absolutely loving amazing. We bought a huge bag of them for a long-distance trip and ate them all before the bus arrived.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

ps1 jrpg cutscene jesus

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Not enough wobbly vertexes and too much glossiness

That's XBox cutscene jesus

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Outrail posted:

Argentinian pastries fresh from the oven

:eyepop:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Booooo

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I just appropriated all'a'y'all's culture haha it's mine now suck it you racists

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Karate Bastard posted:

I just appropriated all'a'y'all's culture haha it's mine now suck it you racists

ha ha, now you have Australian culture

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
gently caress

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
"Culture", to rhyme with "E. coli"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
it do be like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYIlANHbbeM

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:nattyburn: Your posts are a construct but instead of being composed of neon blue light like the laser bikes in Tron they are a wilty brown dead color that sits unkempt in the window at the airport gift shop day after day until the sunlight leeches all color from it and it collapes into gray nothingness. :nattyburn:

brucie boner posted:

Yuo're all stupid loving nerds.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

EorayMel posted:

:nattyburn: Your posts are a construct but instead of being composed of neon blue light like the laser bikes in Tron they are a wilty brown dead color that sits unkempt in the window at the airport gift shop day after day until the sunlight leeches all color from it and it collapes into gray nothingness. :nattyburn:

Brucie makes a good point tho

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

he's not wrong

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

𝙰 𝚆𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁 𝙸𝚂 𝙱𝚁𝚄𝙲𝙸𝙴

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Free Brucie

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EorayMel posted:

I just went to look at his rap sheet, and this isn't the right probations message to post matchup, based on his rap sheet.

Shenanigans!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

seriously tho, I don't have archives and am curious what post generated that probe reason lol

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Kind of a boring post tbh:

brucie boner posted:

Institutions do matter though. Institutions are not ethereal constructs only made up by the "political class," they are upheld by masses of people. Why is that institution in place in the first place?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

RFC2324 posted:

seriously tho, I don't have archives and am curious what post generated that probe reason lol

I looked and I think you'd have to read a fair amount of a twelve year-old D&D thread to get it. I have better things to do with my time.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

you believe a German organization would decline an opportunity to file a form?

Soylent Pudding posted:

I got to listen to a lecture by the historian who wrote the book on how IBM knowingly sold machines to the Nazis that managed logistics for the Holocaust. Among other things IBM executives would fly to meetings in neutral Portugal and took great pains to ensure no written records of these meetings were taken. We know about them because the Nazis took minutes in triplicate and also always sent an extra copy to IBM with "here are the details of our illicit under the table verbal agreement for your records."

Kitfox88 posted:

meincrimes.txt

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kenning posted:

Kind of a boring post tbh:

yeah, also, its true

should edit the quote tag to point to the more fun post

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

RFC2324 posted:

I just went to look at his rap sheet, and this isn't the right probations message to post matchup, based on his rap sheet.

Shenanigans!

It's funnier to me dammit :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EorayMel posted:

It's funnier to me dammit :mad:

:hmmyes: