Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

crepeface posted:

as a kid in the 80s I was so confused sitcoms depicted broccoli as disgusting. the florets are perfect for soaking up gravy/sauce?!? my grandmother made a great chicken and broccoli stir-fry.

US boomers cooking is/was extremely dire, probably everyone eating raw broccoli with some sort of meat jello out of some garbage pampered chef cookbook. With the internet, people can cook up all sorts of good stuff with no training or effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Reevellp/status/1491704682602979331

those wily ruskies trying to lure us into a false sense of security!

Perfidious tankie on his posting rig spreading kremlin propaganda.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

crepeface posted:

as a kid in the 80s I was so confused sitcoms depicted broccoli as disgusting. the florets are perfect for soaking up gravy/sauce?!? my grandmother made a great chicken and broccoli stir-fry.

revisionist.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

crepeface posted:

It’s because people (in the Anglosphere) used to boil/steam the hell out of vegetables and it was indeed bad. Brussel sprouts can be amazing…if you know what you are doing.

mila kunis posted:

i dont think china and russia's aims are contradictory, this guys a real brain genius

Yeah, I don’t see what Russia gets out of the current security order in the Pacific. It is back to that old “China wants to conquer Siberia scare mongering.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

The white man can't cook OP.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The are inviting the media to look at the war "games" so they can kidnap them when the actual invasion starts and use them as bargaining chips

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Gonna start calling people who post anti China stuff wuyi 五亿

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ardennes posted:

It’s because people (in the Anglosphere) used to boil/steam the hell out of vegetables and it was indeed bad. Brussel sprouts can be amazing…if you know what you are doing.

Yeah, I don’t see what Russia gets out of the current security order in the Pacific. It is back to that old “China wants to conquer Siberia scare mongering.

it's so loving funny how so many of the stereotypical 'gross veggies' just boil down (heh) to 'yea dude, did your mom boil the flavor out of them and serve them as a wet lump of mush on your plate? No poo poo you hated them, try them cooked properly????'

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Gonna start calling people who post anti China stuff wuyi 五亿

That's good

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

How to roast brussels sprouts so they taste good:

1) Cut them in half
2) Put them on a pan
3) Add a small amount of oil, salt and pepper
4) Cook them in the oven until they look good to eat

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

PhilippAchtel posted:

How to roast brussels sprouts so they taste good:

1) Cut them in half
2) Put them on a pan
3) Add a small amount of oil, salt and pepper
4) Cook them in the oven until they look good to eat

They also come out really good if you have a food processor and use the shredding attachment.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

The only thing you should boil is rice imo. Par boil and roast everything else.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol imagine still believing the 'organ harvesting' thing. Even the most insane die hards have given up on that because, ya know, mass government scale organ harvesting for the medical industry, even entirely localized in China, would be incredibly easy to prove.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Southpaugh posted:

Boiled Yukon Golds are still acceptable, but that is about it. (It is better otherwise but I could see why someone may not have the time etc.)

I also usually roast Brussel sprouts in the oven with olive and balsamic vinegar (which then caramelizes).

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

lol imagine still believing the 'organ harvesting' thing. Even the most insane die hards have given up on that because, ya know, mass government scale organ harvesting for the medical industry, even entirely localized in China, would be incredibly easy to prove.

I'd imagine it would wouldn't be very useful either assuming that isolated ethnic groups many times develop a tendency for a specific blood type as well.

Then again I have no idea how isolated the Uighurs have been so idk.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

cruel prison authorities set up a CRT tv on blocks just to take it away

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the depths of hatred i have for liberals and anarchists is boundless

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

they're all speaking english, indicating the uyghur's are most likely imprisoned or otherwise held in detention in america, facing grave human rights abuses as part of the USA carceral system —— a good cartoon

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

cruel prison authorities set up a CRT tv on blocks just to take it away

The REAL torture is that they forced them to watch "Eternals" first.:holymoley:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/tobitac/status/1491480147819745284?s=20&t=U7J7GMMKdRpTvym7fF45fQ

the "neither Washington nor Beijing" clowns are still at it

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

if American athletes were asked to comment on us starving Yemen and Afghanistan all the liberals would completely melt down

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ardennes posted:

Boiled Yukon Golds are still acceptable, but that is about it. (It is better otherwise but I could see why someone may not have the time etc.)

Boiled then covered in sunflower oil and salt is like a staple.

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
https://thediplomat.com/2022/02/b3w-might-not-be-able-to-compete-with-bri-in-southeast-asia-but-thats-okay/

quote:

B3W Might Not Be Able to Compete With BRI in Southeast Asia, But That’s Okay

Rather than competing in a sector where China is strong – infrastructure – B3W should focus on U.S. strength areas.

Instead, the Biden administration should turn to other areas of economic and diplomatic engagement. A U.S.-ASEAN digital trade agreement to set regional rules on cross-border data flows, privacy protection, and artificial intelligence is a start. In 2020, China’s trade with Southeast Asia totaled $685 billion, nearly double that of the United States. Such an agreement will be critical given the United States’ continued absence from Asia’s two biggest trade pacts: the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership and the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership. China is a member of the former and recently applied to join the latter.

The United States could also leverage its comparative advantages in healthcare and education to strengthen ties with Southeast Asia. While China enthusiastically provided its domestically produced COVID-19 vaccines to ASEAN countries, leading officials across the region raised concerns about the efficacy of such shots, with many ultimately embracing Western-made boosters. The Biden administration should continue to send vaccines to the ASEAN nations that need it: Countries like Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam have vaccinated less than 25 percent of their citizens. The U.S. should also increase collaboration with local governments to combat diseases like HIV and malaria. The Biden administration took a step in the right direction by allocating $40 million to such efforts last October. Finally, to strengthen cultural ties, the United States should offer more scholarships to Southeast Asian students, a strategy successfully used by the Japanese government. 80,000 students from ASEAN countries study in China, while 60,000 study in the United States.

To compete with China in Southeast Asia, the Biden administration should substantiate B3W’s democratic aspirations. Increasing economic engagement, health cooperation, and student exchanges with ASEAN countries is a

lol, areas of strength such as...Education and Healthcare?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Best Friends posted:

if American athletes were asked to comment on us starving Yemen and Afghanistan all the liberals would completely melt down
https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1491720970398220292

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lol reading between the lines the US is completely dead on winning over countries save for the browbeating and intimidation

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

OhFunny posted:

The war is always two weeks away.

The war is always two weeks away.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

A cartoon so repugnant it makes Garrison and Stonetoss look tolerant by comparison

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

drat, it's been two weeks already?

Time flies.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

XMNN posted:

https://twitter.com/NATOpress/status/1491792022125961222?t=y_cPcCEsL_0syGqNkRfxEw&s=19

I'm sure 5000 troops will definitely stop an actual russian invasion doing the Courland pocket at 100x speed

also I thought troop mobilisations near borders were an unacceptable act of aggression and escalation??

three of these four countries have smaller populations than the state of Oklahoma

that isn't really relevant to anything, it's just funny

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the depths of hatred i have for liberals and anarchists is boundless

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Southpaugh posted:

Properly parboiled asparagus or fiddleheads are delicious.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

This is basically the F35 thread right? Another F35 has crashed https://twitter.com/Aviation_Intel/status/1491877557762867207

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

If it's not Eurasia relevant it should probably go in the WW3 thread.

also, lol

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:justpost:

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If it's not Eurasia relevant it should probably go in the WW3 thread

Well, it is potentially Eurasia related, people in the region could also be endangered by f-35s falling from the sky.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Nice fighterplane you have there, it would be a shame if something happ.... oh nevermind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Indonesia Finally Chooses The French Rafale Fighter To Modernize Its Air Force

On the topic of arms acquisition in Eurasia.

Indonesia had selected the French Rafale over Boeing's F-15 and will also be buying some French subs.

The Russian Su-35 had been the original choice, but US sanction threats put the kibosh on that.