Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Joenly Fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
This thread is officially the Maud Flanders thread. Oh that inconsiderate monkey says all that stuff I don't like oh boo!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I always image Joe Rogan ans his fans as this copy-pasta embodied

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

interwhat posted:

This thread is officially the Maud Flanders thread. Oh that inconsiderate monkey says all that stuff I don't like oh boo!

what the heck are you talking about!

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
How much damage would a point-blank shot from a handheld t-shirt gun do

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
gently caress I dunno. This current GBS is not the same as it was back in my days, the gorgeous George days where GBS was fun and put effort into loving with the people they don't like. I'm gonna stop trying to make a point sooner or later, just give me a bit

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Smugworth posted:

The Joe Rogan controversy is just a screen to distract people from the racist content found in the Jeff Dunham podcast

I can't get over this, sorry

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

interwhat posted:

gently caress I dunno. This current GBS is not the same as it was back in my days, the gorgeous George days where GBS was fun and put effort into loving with the people they don't like. I'm gonna stop trying to make a point sooner or later, just give me a bit

Your point is stupid and back in your day goons would harass grieving parents "for the lulz".

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I remember a time when "General Bullshit" was a place where goons might plot the IRL murder of a posting enemy in broad daylight; somebody would find out where you lived and rummage through your mail, rip it to shreds to send you a message: "You are not safe." This was maybe circa 2000--certainly before the towers fell. Perhaps something about that day changed the way we thought; they call me a romantic but maybe it brought us all together

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 10, 2022

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

interwhat posted:

everyone posting in this thread seem to be loving with you just fine thank you very much

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Lmao "why isn't everyone else still an edgelord teen at the age of 47" is a beautiful take.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Everything I know about Joe Rogan (has anybody said Roe Jogan???) has been second hand poo poo I've seen repeated.

I have yet to actually watch or listen to anything from him first hand. I think that's neat. He's like an internet urban myth to me which is kind of cool.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Aikido Rogan

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Back in my day someone would've called the whole threat the f-slur, posted goatse, and then jerked off to tentacle hentai which was readily available in numerous forums.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

Back in my day someone would've called the whole threat the f-slur, posted goatse, and then jerked off to tentacle hentai which was readily available in numerous forums.

The aristocrats!

Also, I mean still same but I restrict the slur to only myself, as it is what gets me hard enough to prepare for the rest.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Posting Goatse is a probation badge of honour

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Is there a Rodan vs Godzilla fight in the recent movies? Asking for a large friend of nature

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Is there a Rodan vs Godzilla fight in the recent movies? Asking for a large friend of nature

Yep, it was in King of Monsters. Watched it with the gf recently, it was ok. Hth.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

LionArcher posted:

No. I was a Bouncer at a club who broke up a fair amount of fights. One of the people who fought back the most was a woman who I had restrained with a wrist lock. I don’t recall getting probed for it, but considering how you’re framing my posts and digging through years of posts, I’m sure you’ve got other issues on top of reading comprehension.

Acupuncture depends. There are plenty of sneak oil salesman, but I and other people I know who have had major injuries have recovered far faster when seeing good acupuncture practitioners. I had a wrist issue that I did months of physical therapy for, and it wasn’t going really anywhere, versus three sessions with a good acupuncturist and the wrist issue cleared up. Scientist data nerd types would probably say if it’s the placebo bro, but the reality is, if chronic pain you had goes away, who cares? I’m not somebody who’s not gonna get vaccinated, and I’m not somebody who’s not gonna get surgery to remove a cancerous tumor.

Also, nobody I know who does Aikido that I respect thinks Steve S is anything but a total loser and rapist.

Also, I get that no matter what I say I’m not going to “win” in this thread. But I will point out that the most insane post in here is the person who said Covid is basically over for people who are vaccinated, and only one person called him out on it.

oh ok
You used Goku karate to fight a drunk woman outside a night club and are defending that

e: lmao

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 10, 2022

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Akido anything to do with that Japanimation folks around here seem to like so much?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

jazzyhattrick posted:

Is Akido anything to do with that Japanimation folks around here seem to like so much?

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Here we see the Aikido practitioner expertly dispatching another brute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEArV9rspF0

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

jazzyhattrick posted:

"Akido" is the Japanese name for "v-tuber"

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

interwhat posted:

Try journaling instead of being a sadsack in the aikido thread

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Try journaling instead of being a sadsack in the aikido thread

It's pretty sad. Like if an aikido master was bitching that, "all fighting was better when people attacked me off balanced and in a straight line and I gave them 5 bucks before the fight.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdQc79oBNgI

Not his best work.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

interwhat posted:

Be the change you want to see instead of whining like a loser

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

getting beaten up at Starbucks but then LMFAO’s “party rock anthem” comes on the speakers and I get a second wind and start defending myself with aikido

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

*furiously listening to Taekwondo Pod at 1.25x speed listening for problematic language to clip*

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

3 days of the condor but hes trying to catch Joe rogan saying the n word

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This isn't the Joe Rogan Facts thread. This is the Joe Rogan Aikido thread. :colbert:

We need a proper Joe Rogan subforum to contain all this sudden interest in him.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

adhuin posted:

good idea

we should call it "Something Awful"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

adhuin posted:

It's going to need a bouncer...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Jamie sleeps on a costco dog bed under his desk.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Currently working on a spookypasta where Joe Rogan works late on a series of podcasts; he says things like "Jamie, pull that up" and "Jamie, where's my snare?"; but when we review the edited video, we find that there is no Jamie--Jamie's been dead for fifteen years.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Currently working on a spookypasta where Joe Rogan works late on a series of podcasts; he says things like "Jamie, pull that up" and "Jamie, where's my snare?"; but when we review the edited video, we find that there is no Jamie--Jamie's been dead for fifteen years.

jamie was in the kicking bag all along :gibs:

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Dead Jamie storage

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

vandalism posted:

Dead Jamie storage

lol this is funny but man you just can't get over not being allowed to say it.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's the jokes man. A treasure trove of material just waiting to be played with. Big bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The last time I tried aikido it kicked my rear end. I don't doubt that it's an ineffective martial art, but all that tumbling is a pretty good workout.