Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Volcelrond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

that's not even the most memorable part

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Volcelrond: I will not come
Incelrond: YOU SHALL NOT COME

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Elrond, come on man we're gonna go get loving wrecked with the Dúnedain on Númenor
you're not gonna want to miss this one man it's gonna be a fuckin' rager for the ages man, put down the scrolls let's go

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Elrond, come on man we're gonna go get loving wrecked with the Dúnedain on Númenor
you're not gonna want to miss this one man it's gonna be a fuckin' rager for the ages man, put down the scrolls let's go

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Elrond: I tell ya, son, nothing beats relationships with human women.
Elrohir: Why is that?
Elrond: Because eventually they die and you can move on.
Celebrian: What did you say?
Elrond: nothing, dear! [laugh track]

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Justin Tyme posted:

When people say they're sexless, they mean there is a lack of passion/explicitly romantic relationships- this can be done without fully nude sex scenes though.

Personally I can't put a finger on why exactly the recent trend of more nudity and more explicit sex on TV is bad, necessarily. I guess it just feels kind of lazy? Like, we need to make Lord of the Rings edgier and more mature, let's show more nudity.
this.

although I would say nudity is explicitly relegated to some hbo prestige or Netflix-hbo wannabe tv series stuff. it can be good but also it can be a lazy way to just say “see it’s for grown ups”. I don’t agree it’s a trend

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Elrond: I tell ya, son, nothing beats relationships with human women.
Elrohir: Why is that?
Elrond: Because eventually they die and you can move on.
Celebrian: What did you say?
Elrond: nothing, dear! [laugh track]

So you got sometihn' to look at while you're waitin' for 'em to die!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CPFortest posted:

I thought the point was that the higher ups were still behind her despite the public outcry. They only turned against her after she had the Strike Team arrest a DEA target behind everyones backs.

Fair enough, I didn't' remember that part, I just thought the public protests had some impact on police policy in the show

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Xaris posted:

this.

although I would say nudity is explicitly relegated to some hbo prestige or Netflix-hbo wannabe tv series stuff. it can be good but also it can be a lazy way to just say “see it’s for grown ups”. I don’t agree it’s a trend

Maybe tv writers have gotten so bad at writing romance they'd rather substitute a sex scene than even try.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

While you were lusting for Shelob, I was cranking it to Queelag

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Fleetwood posted:

like the mythic battles within the Silmarillion, the sex scenes will last for days and won't be between elves, but elves and their enemies

That happens to elronds wife iirc

MonsieurChoc posted:

Also Elrond was raised by the two remaining Sons of Feanor, one of which is still around.

he's hanging out with the blue wizards, just off screen (dead)

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Feb 10, 2022

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aglet56 posted:

wasn't this thread complaining like a month ago that marvel movies are too sexless? now we're seeing some elves gently caress and it's a big fuckin problem all of a sudden

In every goon there are two bears: the weird American prude, and the other weirdo who completely unprompted brings up which celebrity they jerk it to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
every LotR elf sex scene should begin with a forty-five minute scene of elaborate courting and poetry and poo poo where the actual 'sex' is for them, followed by extremely mechanical and unerotic sex as a biological requirement. You can't convince me Elrond has ever been physically horny.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Elves just put it in and nut instantly. It doesn't even feel good to them, they do is as an aesthetic exercise.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Elves just put it in and nut instantly. It doesn't even feel good to them, they do is as an aesthetic exercise.

Hell, same

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
the female elf lays her eggs and then the male elf fertilizes them.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheBabylonBee/status/1491780251000705027?s=20&t=o-JeUEhLuLkGNJ-T0TZfrQ

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

is this because it has a single Black person not playing an orc? GF and I have been rewatching the movies for the first time in like a decade and the weirdly white cast is much more noticeable to me now then when I was like 12 and they first came out. I know it’s a trite and common criticism but even with the races of men the only ones that are even slightly dusky and coded as North African are just evil baddies motivated by doing exotic oriental despotisms

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Aragorn had a very disappointing wedding night.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

projecthalaxy posted:

are they still making "cop plus person with basically powers" shows? Your psych, your monk, your numb3rs, your bones, things of this nature? or did we leave that in the 10s

there's a show where lucifer (from hell [the devil]) teams up with the cops to solve crimes

my dad loves it.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i liked the TV show Monk.

When I worked as a substitute teacher one kid in class had an in-class aide. And then it turned out this in-class aide used to be a producer at USA and was involved in the production of Monk or something bizarre like that. He told me he had a framed piece of the suit that Tony Shalhoub wore in his famous role as adrian monk obsessive compulsive detective on usa characters welcome

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Casey Finnigan posted:

there's a show where lucifer (from hell [the devil]) teams up with the cops to solve crimes

my dad loves it.

That was more biblical fan fic, than copaganda imho, because you never really care about the victims, or the mystery, since he is an actual wizard? I dont know, is that wrong?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
elves act like they're above it all but I think they're all out freaks in private. there's probably elven cenobites out there

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

or maybe the female lays her egg sack in a glade to be warmed by the sun until a male spreads his yolk sack over it to become a baby elf raised by the forest

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Femur posted:

That was more biblical fan fic, than copaganda imho, because you never really care about the victims, or the mystery, since he is an actual wizard? I dont know, is that wrong?

I have no idea. whenever I walk by the TV it's always some lady screaming at a british guy like "you need to get your emotions under control, Lucifer!!"

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
lol just remembered the vampire cop show Forever Knight

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

you think that’s wild? Aaron Spelling did a night time soap opera based on vampire the masquerade. yes I watched it, no it was not good.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Casey Finnigan posted:

my dad loves it.

the first few seasons were a fun romp. the comic it’s based on is quite different and much better

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
For elves, pee truly is stored in the balls

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

lol just remembered the vampire cop show Forever Knight

The oatmeal crisp guy was great in this

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anyone watch that Mexican documentary 'a cop movie'?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Casey Finnigan posted:

I have no idea. whenever I walk by the TV it's always some lady screaming at a british guy like "you need to get your emotions under control, Lucifer!!"

Yeah, the basic premise of the show is that lucifer is a sexy baby.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Femur posted:

Yeah, the basic premise of the show is that lucifer is a sexy baby.

Do any of the cops get his young mouth?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

mastershakeman posted:

im watching F for Fake and did anyone else age into weight and a beard as well as Orson Welles

russel crowe just looks like poo poo

it's because they're all too cowardly to wear a cloak

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lib and let die posted:

While you were lusting for Shelob, I was cranking it to Queelag

monster girl experts itt

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1491830779428622339

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

In that it's lame and unwatchable

Femur
Jan 10, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

Do any of the cops get his young mouth?

No, they bagged his mom.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
(Kind of late,) The peak of cop propaganda are the scenes where a cop stops an armed robbery at a convenience store.

It's also one of those mythological scenes that leak into evening news.
The lawlessness of conveniences stores must be set right by the police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
i love the scene in robocop with the convenience store that has their safe hidden under a pyramid of empty soda cans.