Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

It's actually closer to three games worth of tracks since pretty much every Mario Kart game previously always had 16 tracks per game.

That trend ended with DS introducing retro cups, though.

Think about it- half of the Mario Kart series has had 32+ tracks in them now. I always need to pause and remember how much has happened since the DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Snake Maze posted:

For anyone interested in Earthbound, it's pretty well hidden in the online app but Nintendo has the original player's guide availible for download. It has tons of info and little clay models of the enemies and everything, it's definitely worth checking out even if you're a Pro Gamer who doesn't need a guide.

They also posted the QR code in the news section of the switch with the game announcement.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Tender Bender posted:

The Direct was so good that I forgot to complain that Donkey Kong really is just dead and buried, huh

DK is getting a theme park expansion at Universal Studios.

Maybe E3 will reveal the rumored Odyssey team developed DK game.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Palmtree Panic posted:

DK is getting a theme park expansion at Universal Studios.

Maybe E3 will reveal the rumored Odyssey team developed DK game.

Between the theme park and the casting of so many Kong characters in the Mario movie, I would not be surprised to see a big DK push over the next few years with a spinoff movie and a new game.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

gently caress.

Kid was playing Minecraft, which I have to say is the buggiest piece of poo poo software on the Switch, good god. Anyway, it crashed, and hung on the "closing software" error screen for probably 20 minutes. I held the power button down, and even the power down menu options were greyed out.

So I held down the power button longer which force shut down the Switch.

And now I can't turn it on.

Help!

this happened to me once. keep holding the power button and it should reboot... good luck

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this happened to me once. keep holding the power button and it should reboot... good luck

The Postman posted:

Have you tried plugging it directly into the AC adapter? I think some combination of it unplugged/plugged in and 20 seconds of holding the power button is supposed to be a hard reset.

Thank you both, it worked.

Whew!

Also, lately, I've noticed that it'll sometimes just shut off for no reason while docked. It's not overheating and I can't specifically repeat the issue, it's seemingly at random. After that happens, it'll take a few extra seconds to wake from sleep, unless I fully reboot it, then it's back to normal.

Actually, I've noticed the random shut off thing for about a year now, but the extra waking time has only been the past 3 months or so.

Welp, might need an OLED :getin:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Can't believe we're actually getting a Strikers 3. Super happy.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Tetris Effect: Connected is on sale for $26.79 on eShop and everyone's posts about it convinced me to buy it thank you

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Okay I'm a little worried about the Front Mission remake now because Forever Entertainment has like 3 other games that are in the pipeline and they haven't said much about them, plus the "in the future" date for the FM2 remake is making me think it's gonna join those 3 in dev purgatory...that and the visuals are kinda cool but the animations are a bit jank.

I'd love to be proven wrong, cautiously excited I guess. That and FM2 remake coming out would mean we finally have an English version of the game.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Heavily considering an OLED Switch because there are so many god drat games coming out and my kids already hog the 2 (OG and red box) Switches for Minecraft and Smash Bros. What is wrong with me.

If I do go that route, are wired headphones still the way to go? I heard some initial delay on bluetooth but maybe that has been sorted out by now.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So like, waluigi pinballs gotta be coming back right

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Close your eyes so you see my vision!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

The Postman posted:

Tetris Effect: Connected is on sale for $26.79 on eShop and everyone's posts about it convinced me to buy it thank you

tetris effect is great anyone who doesn't have it already should pick it up!

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I don't like being so tired that continued consciousness is agony but I do like how Tetris Effect reduces the perceived duration of that consciousness until a reasonable bedtime comes around.

Like I'm not inherently motivated to play Tetris that much anymore but man is that game a pleasant way to pass some time.

Also: went to a small birthday party and we couldn't decide which movie to watch. Ended up putting Tetris Effect on the big screen; resulted in a surprising amount of cheering and booing.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Ragequit posted:

If I do go that route, are wired headphones still the way to go? I heard some initial delay on bluetooth but maybe that has been sorted out by now.

i got a bluetooth speaker recently and tried it and on both windows and switch it has enough delay that it's bad for games. i think it varies by device though and i wouldn't expect the one i got to be one of the better ones.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

So like, waluigi pinballs gotta be coming back right

Apparently, all but 5 retro tracks will return. So hopefully.

Be messed up if they didn't though.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Marzzle posted:

tetris effect is great anyone who doesn't have it already should pick it up!

i want to like this so much as it is fun, but i can only play it for about 10min. the colors and lights are INTENSE. distractingly so, i'd say.

i speak having played the ps4 version--not sure if the switch version is as dizzying.

btw, never had anything like that happen to me with any visual media. it's on a different level.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I wonder if there'll be any battle tracks included.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1491475574245793799

Sarasaland the only place to focus on good dental care, Daisy still Best Princess.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mega64 posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1491475574245793799

Sarasaland the only place to focus on good dental care, Daisy still Best Princess.

i dont like that

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont like that

oh, so now you're the arbiter of whether women should have teeth? :rolleyes: grow up. it's 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rosalina at least has a good excuse, living alone with star kids in outer space probably doesn't allow one many opportunities to get tooth paste.

Peach is an ineffectual ruler so I'm not surprised she also has poor hygeine.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Rosalina at least has a good excuse, living alone with star kids in outer space probably doesn't allow one many opportunities to get tooth paste.

Peach is an ineffectual ruler so I'm not surprised she also has poor hygeine.

And Pauline is the mayor of a massive city so I’m not sure what her excuse is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Larryb posted:

And Pauline is the mayor of a massive city so I’m not sure what her excuse is

meth

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pauline is the best

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Pauline having teeth ruins her chances of re-election.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

Pauline is the best

She really is.

I mean, second to Daisy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Best princess is the one who's twenty feet tall and capable of destroying and creating entire universes

So yeah, Daisy

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Pauline having teeth ruins her chances of re-election.

Pauline was undemocratically elected mayor for life

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

She really is.

I mean, second to Daisy

:hmmyes:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Kill all monarchs is alls I’m sayin

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

People say its MMO gameplay because you have an auto attack lol

Sure let's ignore the individual skill cooldowns, UI presentation, and everything else.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm selling my Amiibo collection and made a cool thread about it here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993209

Please come look at my huge amount of Nintendomen.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Peach is possibly the least competent female character in the whole franchise come to think of it (unless she’s secretly in cahoots with Bowser and they’ve just been playing the long con this whole time).

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How is she incompetent? I don't personally buy that she doesn't arrange her own Bowser shenanigans, but even if she was just being kidnapped, I'm not sure I blame that on her competence. Bowser has a much more advanced kingdom with a larger army than Peach, who has basically soft children as her guard and army. Her status as Princess also implies there's a higher monarch in charge of things, AFAIK only really seen in SMB3. Don't even think the mushroom kingdom royalty have all that much power anyway, don't recall any taxing in the RPGs and shops and locals seem often left to self police and rule. In any case her absence in kidnappings doesn't necessarily result in much bad anyway, unless the levels in Mario games are meant to be displaying horrors of occupying forces. Maybe if they ran you through a mario game post-bowser all the turtles and goombas and fish would be replaced by toads? IDK, honestly koopas and poo poo roaming around levels usually feel kind of natural to me, not like they're fucknig the world and land up.

She's also the best character in SMB2 and Mario Kart 64.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A lot of Kingdoms managed to not have their monarch kidnapped by bigger ones. In fact it was pretty rare because you had to be pretty incompetent for it to happen

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of Kingdoms managed to not have their monarch kidnapped by bigger ones. In fact it was pretty rare because you had to be pretty incompetent for it to happen

Yeah, Daisy only ever got kidnapped once (same with Pauline though she’s not a princess) and Rosalina has never been kidnapped at all to my knowledge

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

There's a non-zero chance that Kirby sucks up a toilet in Forgotten Land.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

There's a non-zero chance that Kirby sucks up a toilet in Forgotten Land.

We’ve already got a car so I’m personally hoping for a bunch of goofy transformations honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
at the end of the game Kirby will suck up and take control of the Statue of Liberty a la the end of Ghostbusters 2