Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah this is probably an obvious and tired take, but Pixar's increasingly realistic simulation of skin and hair and other textures is really unappealing and is turning their characters from cartoons to weird mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Vegetable posted:

Jessie Buckley was incredible in The Lost Daughter. She came outta nowhere and stole the movie. Would gladly watch this just for her.

She was excellent in Fargo S4.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Libra posted:

Yeah this is probably an obvious and tired take, but Pixar's increasingly realistic simulation of skin and hair and other textures is really unappealing and is turning their characters from cartoons to weird mutants.

Also, as a character he seems like the kind of guy who would have a jawline.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Buzz looks like he should be at the center of a HUD, occasionally glancing to the left or right.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Getting some real apocalypto vibes from buzz.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Schwarzwald posted:

Buzz looks like he should be at the center of a HUD, occasionally glancing to the left or right.

It would probably end up traumatizing a bunch of children but it'd be pretty cool if this was to DOOM what The Incredibles was to the Fantastic Four.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

FoneBone posted:

Definitely one of my most anticipated this year

https://twitter.com/a24/status/1491095184012378114?s=21

I saw this poster this morning but I'm only now noticing it's a skull!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone else getting some strong Toy Story vibes from this?

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Sourdough Sam posted:

Robert Z'Dar lives!

Well congrats on ruining this for me forever.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How are you people not more excited for a new Jon Bois documentary series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZzrsDJo-4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sourdough Sam posted:

Robert Z'Dar lives!

*music playing*

There's a Z'Dar man, waiting in the sky

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Coming in March from SOCROT BASO

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

*music playing*

:drat:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I genuinely cannot overstate how much I want this poster

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

muscles like this! posted:

*music playing*

If you want to see something truly special, here's Robert Z'Dar playing a Space HeroMan for what looks like a VHS tape that came with a video game magazine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtiQqI192Co&t=260s

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Oh hell yes!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

whoops

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 14, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the character's in middle school dude

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

kiimo posted:

How it started

The guy who made that crummy Pinocchio fan poster should take lessons on how it's done right.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

flatluigi posted:

the character's in middle school dude

I know nothing about this just saw it on IMP

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

kiimo posted:

I know nothing about this just saw it on IMP

she's literally wearing a name tag that says she's in middle school in every image you posted

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the gently caress happened here

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Unfortunate implications.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think Boo Boo is also probably underage.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I’m so loving sick of John mulaney’s voice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Methinks the tagline doth protest too much.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Why is Chip in 2D and Dale in 3D?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why is Chip in 2D and Dale in 3D?

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In this movie they're the stars of the popular cartoon Chip And Dale's Rescue Rangers, who are now washed up pseudo-celebrities. One of them had "that CG surgery" to try and look cool and current. They're going for an updated Roger Rabbit thing, and apparently at one point they wander into "lovely CG animation" land where everything is very janky.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

So it's another "hey you're 40 remember when you were happy" movie

Can't wait for that Snorks reboot

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Erebus posted:

Jokes on them

I was never happy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Erebus posted:

Nothing other than an hour and a half of erection jokes. Just like my wedding night.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jabberjaw, except instead of Curly doing Rodney Dangerfield's catchphrase, it's Jim Gaffigan saying Git-r-done.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Erebus posted:

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. In the 70s they were nostalgic for the 1950s, hence American Graffiti, Happy Days, and Grease. In the 80s they were nostalgic for the 60s, hence stuff like The Wonder Years. In the 90s they were nostalgic for the 70s, hence That 70s Show. Last decade we started to get a lot of nostalgia for the 1980s, and now that elder Millenials are reaching places of creative control, you're getting a lot of 90s nostalgia. Chip and Dale, we're getting a Hocus Pocus sequel in October.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nihonniboku posted:

This sort of thing has been going on for decades. In the 70s they were nostalgic for the 1950s, hence American Graffiti, Happy Days, and Grease. In the 80s they were nostalgic for the 60s, hence stuff like The Wonder Years. In the 90s they were nostalgic for the 70s, hence That 70s Show. Last decade we started to get a lot of nostalgia for the 1980s, and now that elder Millenials are reaching places of creative control, you're getting a lot of 90s nostalgia. Chip and Dale, we're getting a Hocus Pocus sequel in October.

Umm excuse me but my experiences are unique and do not fall in to any pattern that has clearly been established for centuries.

Now, let's read about Plato's view on younger generations, for no reason.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Nihonniboku posted:

The difference is (as in your examples) it used to be nostalgia for a time period. Now it's way more "remember this specific thing you liked when you were a kid well it's back."

In the 70s they made movies about the 50s. They didn't shoot a reboot of Mister Peepers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

In the 80s they brought back Leave it to Beaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They brought The Wonder Years back last year, but they realized that they couldn't set it 20 years in the past like the original because then it'd be in 2001 and that would be weird, so they wussed out and did the 60s again.