Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Is there a guide anywhere about how to adjust the Elite controller's stick sensitivity? I can see the differences on the graph when I use, say, aggressive or delayed curves, but it'd be nice to have a brief explanation of when you might want to use each. And as far as I can tell there's no information at all about radial vs. axis-independent vs. true diagonals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like my series s cuz it's small and also because my TV is an old rear end pre-4k thing

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Evil Badman posted:

Yeah, you can have it connected to the Xbox and one Bluetooth device simultaneously, so I connect it to my phone for discord like you said. I think I read that you could use the web app discord via Edge on your Xbox and have chat that way?

If I can use discord on my series x so voice chat comes out of the HDMI and headset while playing Fortnite I will never have been happier.

(I know there's an option in Xbox settings, but Fortnite overrides it and only plays voice chat through the headset if it's plugged in because they hate me)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

It had a high profile reveal at least. It was like the only other game shown on stage at that horrible tlou2 e3 show that sucked so hard sony quit stage shows forever

Didn't they show Tsushima at the same time?

Anyways the Control trailers were incredible, and yeah there were a lot of people saying the game looked boring or lovely but that's just regular goonspeak imo. It was awesome to buy that game on release and have almost no idea what I was in for, just such an uncommon thing in the current gaming landscape. Makes me think of the way The Matrix was marketed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijuz7j_-0g

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i like my series s cuz it's small and also because my TV is an old rear end pre-4k thing

It still helps you get that juicy 60fps. I just have mine hooked up to my 1080p monitor panel I use for my computer too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ghosts of tsushima was revealed the summer before at gamescom 2017 so yeah it was at the control show but i meant like a new reveal sorry

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Ghosts of tsushima was revealed the summer before at gamescom 2017

Ahh, so just a gameplay demo in 2018 then.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Flute demo too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Flute demo too

That dude ruled. Shawn Layden's overly ceremonial attitude to the reputation of marquee titles was sorta cringe, but it had its moments.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sony had 3 straight E3 presentations where all they showed were slightly different trailers for Death Stranding, Ghosts, TLOU and Spiderman.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

American McGay posted:

Sony had 3 straight E3 presentations where all they showed were slightly different trailers for Death Stranding, Ghosts, TLOU and Spiderman.

it kind of took a few years to realize that Sony "winning" E3 by showing 69 trailers, all of which were teasers with no gameplay or release date, was kind of cheating

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larry Parrish posted:

It still helps you get that juicy 60fps. I just have mine hooked up to my 1080p monitor panel I use for my computer too.

i'll probably get an X at some point and use the Series S as a secondary or give it to my bro lol. Or a PS5, cuz as much as I hate the direction Sony has been going in the last few years for their house style they still have a few weirdo exclusives i might like

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

American McGay posted:

Yeah, they never dropped a bomb E3 after 2016, or that legend PSX event in december 2016. After that they stopped showing up for trade shows or whatever, maybe because sales were already so good. That said, most of the big corps have been distancing themselves from E3 since the middle of last decade.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’ll buy a PS5 in about 5 years when it’s accumulated enough single player exclusives. I did that with 4 and scooped up the Uncharteds, Infamous, SpiderMan, TLoU, and a few others

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

E3 2015 was the big "e3 of dreams" with neir/ff7/shenmue/etc all coming back from the dead and 2016 was their symphony orchestra, no talking show because they finally had ps4 games nearing release enough to showcase with extended gameplay.

Then they were like "well the gen is set! Reassign everybody who isnt working on a sequel due out in 2024 to just gently caress around and draw the biggest console chassis they can think of for the design contest, ok!"

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Beastie posted:

I’ll buy a PS5 in about 5 years when it’s accumulated enough single player exclusives. I did that with 4 and scooped up the Uncharteds, Infamous, SpiderMan, TLoU, and a few others

I'd get a redesign for sure, the look of that thing weirdly bothers me

not like we're going to get JRPGs on the Xbox, though

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

not like we're going to get JRPGs on the Xbox, though

Game pass is helping change that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
maybe Xbox can have one of those random periods where they desperately try to sell in Japan like when they had Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon for the 360

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day

Feels Villeneuve posted:

maybe Xbox can have one of those random periods where they desperately try to sell in Japan like when they had Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon for the 360

I think at this point they'd just buy a Japanese Developer wholesale

I do wonder how much they care about Japanese games in general after all of their swings and misses (from a sales perspective at least) over the years

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3OWJ53rHE

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Larry Parrish posted:

Just buy a series x bro. I know waiting sucks but it's worth it.

Good advice, I didn’t know that was available through the access thing I ended up just grabbing one of those and cancelling my pc gamepass I’ll just update it when it gets here.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Japanese game companies seem to have just accepted that Sony bad and now they're all on PC too lol. Switch still has a bunch of stuff that's only for it, a lot of which isn't localized for some reason. I dunno what's up with that because as far as I'm aware if the game doesn't use touch or motion controls it should be a pretty effortless port.

I would like to play poo poo like SMT on my Xbox though.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Larry Parrish posted:

Get the Xbox headset, noob.

Yah on xbox I just plug earbuds into the jack on the controller (although it seems to have connectivity issues).

On PC I like the chonky headphones and just wanted to share in case anyone is looking at the steelseries, definitely try them out first!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They want to sell in china, brazil, etc where modern consoles arent widely owned

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Man I spent like 3 hours today trying to get halo to work on my pc. Is Xbox app poo poo or halo broken or my pc an issue

I kind of remembered today why I’ve been playing consoles so much more

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Man I spent like 3 hours today trying to get halo to work on my pc. Is Xbox app poo poo or halo broken or my pc an issue

Maybe the issue is you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If you want the mp just get the steam client its free.

For sp, play reach instead

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

For sp, play reach instead

wtf

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Play infinite it’s the only good halo campaign.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reach owns

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Play infinite it’s the only good halo campaign.

It is not, however, Infinite. It seemed kind of half finished imo.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I just found a visual novel that appeared to have performance options. So tell me, is it worth giving up 4k for 120 FPS?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Lammasu posted:

I just found a visual novel that appeared to have performance options. So tell me, is it worth giving up 4k for 120 FPS?

Read faster, speed run strats.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Anything less than 120 and the emotions start to stutter for me, while my tears act as a pretty good full screen anti aliasing so I forgo 4K for performance.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

the xbox app sucks, no idea what company owns windows operating system but they need to talk to the xbox people

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine (Xbox Series X)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should just put the xbox os out for pc and let me have a partition that plays gamepass games without making GBS threads the bed regularly on downloads and file stuff

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Troubleshooting is the quintessential pc experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AA is for Quitters posted:

No different than if you play The Show on gamepass and get the big ole Sony splash screen, with the playstation controller buttons all over it. MS is shooting themselves in the foot if they try to force stuff that popular to be xbox exclusive.

Yeah at the end of the day these companies are here to make money not win some war that gamers perceive. I'm sure MS is going to use their acquired IPs in a way that benefits them the most and losing billions of dollars of COD playstation sales is probably not that thing.

I really think these acquisitions are going to mostly amount to bargaining chips and the future of exclusivity is going to look a lot less cut and dry than people are envisioning. it's going to get to the point where Sony and MS are going to own so much of the gaming space that they are going to straight up need each other to stay relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turn delivery optimization back on dipshit. And also run an update through the windows store. No I don't know why theres poo poo in there that's not on windows update even though your Microsoft apps will gently caress up without it. Also sometimes the Xbox app just refuses to correctly install a program unless the download was started in the Microsoft store. Both of the store apps are pretty lovely and barely working, but the Xbox one is especially bad.